Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) (49695 Views)

My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Two Die After Eating 'amala' In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 9:35pm On Aug 01, 2022
Honestly They Sight of That Amala , Looks Poisonous to Me

2 Likes

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by ume1000: 9:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
Romanoff:

Amala is processed yam, not cassava.

Amala is made from raw yam, cut into thin slices, soaked and dried then milled into the off white flour that becomes Amala.

Some people also use the back of the yam, this type of Amala is very black and the flour is brown in colour.

The original Elubo for Amala, called "gbodo" is quite expensive but the end product is a fluffy, smooth and rich swallow with an inviting aroma.

What I believe that family ate is "lafun".
Westin corn sign lafun corn sign Amala ?
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Romanoff(f): 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2022
ume1000:
Westin corn sign lafun corn sign Amala ?

The name of the meal in the topic is wrong.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Oberhiri141(m): 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2022
I thought its processed cassava not yam
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by twosquare(m): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
elubo isu or elubo ogede?

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by chival(f): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
Nwodosis:
Amala is processed cassava! May their souls rest in peace.
No. Amala is actually flour made out of processed yam.

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Successkay12(m): 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Amala kills. It is yam peels meant for goats.
Ask question if I don't know.

Amala is processed

Amala is made from raw yam, cut into thin slices, soaked and dried then milled into the off white flour that becomes Amala.

Some people also use the back of the yam, this type of Amala is very black and the flour is brown in colour.

The original Elubo for Amala, called "gbodo" is quite expensive but the end product is a fluffy, smooth and rich swallow with an inviting aroma.

What I believe that family ate is "lafun"

D yam peal is what they call "LAFUN" white amala

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by ume1000: 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
Romanoff:

The name of the meal in the topic is wrong.
seen
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by babtoundey(m): 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2022
Romanoff:

Even lafun is healthy and it's a other type of amala.

By the way, the guy doesn't need those explanations. He commented out out of hatred and bigotry.

2 Likes

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by sonnie10: 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2022
Antoeni:
Honestly They Sight of That Amala , Looks Poisonous to Me

Amala is actually better than other swallow for me. I like the smoothness and softness. Try it, you will like it

3 Likes

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by babtoundey(m): 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
HltSong:
Me wey b Yoruba sef no like D's amala. Last time, I ate too much with egusi 4 restaurant. For nyt, war!!! Vomit everywhere.

Moral lesson?
Because you're Yoruba and you don't like amala, people should stop eating it or they should substitute it for ...

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Cutehector(m): 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
Yoruba food sha...

cheesy
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Arysexy(m): 9:48pm On Aug 01, 2022
chival:

No. Amala is actually flour made out of processed yam.

Not only yam.

There is amala from cassava

Amala from Unriped plantain

Amala from yam

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Jalaw: 9:48pm On Aug 01, 2022
That's why I hate that food.
Amala is poisonous
Tueh!
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2022
markidoo:
If it happened in one of the Agbado Kingdom I would have thought they've been mined or used, anyways RIP

Grow up!
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2022
Romanoff:

u r definitely from oyo

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Richy4(m): 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2022
Rebuke:
What happens to autopsy? Well, the souls of the departed rest in peace.

It's a very terrible news.
My dear, as the day breaks, the more backward some government officials get...
Just imagine in this day and age a government official was debunking claim without evidence to back it up.. embarassed assuming it was in the 80s then fine but now?

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Nawttiboi007(m): 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2022
Kogi and evil na like bread and butter especially the “Igalas” I won’t be surprised if the grandmother had a hand in it.

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by letitrainnow(m): 9:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
Autopsy should be carried out.
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Sterope(f): 9:54pm On Aug 01, 2022
Amala is processed yam.
Nwodosis:

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2022
You go dry cassava or yam for sun for many weeks.Kokoro go begin eat them.You go spray pesticides to kill them.You go come sell am.People wey buy am go eat poison.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Okobola146: 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
letitrainnow:
Autopsy should be carried out.
autopsy is very expenses in Nigeria, no everyone can avoid it
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
Romanoff:

lafun is processed ege?
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
MonkeyMods:
I dunno how they manage to eat that black poisonous substance called amala

Yuckkyyy!
Hehehehe if u see how yeruba guys de rush go amala joint in Abuja here as if na one juju wey de give Money..

And very expressive a plate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by boxypane(m): 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
Nwodosis:
Or processed yam

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by alizma: 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Amala kills. It is yam peels meant for goats.
Shot up, who in your family will peel a whole yam for goat? Amala is a yam peel meant for it purpose which is human consumption not for goat as you claim. From PH, I just called my mom this evening to get me yam floor along other things, so you mean I just sent my heard earned money for goat food? You need to have your brain checked.
And for your info, this incident happened in my LGA.

4 Likes

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by HausaIgboYoruba: 10:06pm On Aug 01, 2022
May their souls rest in perfect peace
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2022
Ewedu nd Amala is a deadly food, grin
Avoid it,
Afonjas Defile underage girls and Mining Skulls after eating it grin grin
Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Hohaiiiode(m): 10:23pm On Aug 01, 2022
FaceThem:

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/8/mother-and-her-three-children-die-after-allegedly-eating-amala-in-kogi-community.html
my neighbor once made amala he bought from the market which we ate together , we nearly died that night. If we haven’t used the soup prior to that , we might have felt perhaps the soup was bad, we just have to go to the market and tell the woman. She admitted that someone else complain and thought it was not true and have to confiscate the rest . If I child at the amala I am talking about. The child won’t have survived it

1 Like

Re: Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) by Heroicvic(m): 10:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
Romanoff:

So Amala Lafun is no longer amala again?

Which One you see chop sef ? Nonsense and ingredients

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Is Baking Soda... And Where Can I Buy It From / Hilda Baci Crying As She Breaks Guinness World Record (Video) / Can You Buy This Food For #2,200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.