Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call (14451 Views)

Fmr. Russia President, Medvedev Replies Elon Musk's 2022 Tweet About Bakhmut / Furious China Warns It Could NUKE Australia due to Pact With UK & USA( Pix) / UK, US And Australia Launch Pact To Counter China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by nedekid: 10:30am On Aug 02, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
USA don't want people to nuke them because they know karma is knocking on their door.

We remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

URAA URAA URAA RUSSIA.

Russia should build more nukes that can level all it enemies.
Exactly! The US is at the Russian boarder. Sucessfully encircling them despite all warnings. Oppressing them through sanctions and disregarding their legitimate security concerns.
Since the US has a superior army, joined with nato, the only thing Russia has going for them is their nuclear forces!
Russia should continue to bolster it and deploy more nukes. The US too should do thesame as they please.
Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by jaxxy(m): 10:30am On Aug 02, 2022
posty56:
This is what happens when you elect a weak leader ,no one is scared of Biden

Russia is crying inside and u say Biden is weak??

Pedagogueeye:
Very good, you try to cripple my economy, yet beg me to sign a nuclear treaty

They sunk their economy themselves by invading a democratic sovereign state Ukraine.

When Russia invaded Afghanistan did US care about it?? No!!!

1 Like

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by Minjim: 10:30am On Aug 02, 2022
mach7:
Honestly, you are just being myopic in your thinking. Do you even know who Putin is? Do you even know the origin of the issues between Russia and the US?

You just open mouth waaah, like Calabar pot after watching fake news CNN/BBC.

Putun ko, Putum ni.

Your reply makes me assume you must be an Ipob miscreant

Why all the insult? Is Putin your father?

Igbos and Putin have similarities- they don't care about the consequences of their actions on their own people.
Most think Putin is wrong but...
I guess you're the only one that knows the true origins of Ukraine's invasion.
Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by gambojimeta: 10:31am On Aug 02, 2022
nokspos:
who told you iran doesn't have nuke , that country is as technologically inclined as usa , uk, china etc. they produce their own weapons and machines, you should read about them. since usa stopped supplies and trade with them , they've been doing things on their own

Good. They can procure from Russia even if they don't have and test it on Israel when the time is right. They have started selling Russia drone technology, so Russia should be ready to help a brother in need grin

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by gambojimeta: 10:35am On Aug 02, 2022
bigpicture001:
Russia is playing with fire.... It's not about the US it's about a world order.. do they think Lithuania , Latvia, finlaand Denmark Sweden. Spain turkey all don't have. The. Money to buy nuke..?

The world has few nukes today because of the US... if liberty is given and. A. New world order is created.. trust me.. Russia cannot back to ordinary Spain...
Infact everyone should get a Nuke since the only language Russia understand is violence grin

1 Like

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by gambojimeta: 10:36am On Aug 02, 2022
obedience4:

So you think in q nuclear war there will be winners?
The USA for many years have been reducing their stockpile of weapons..
Even Pakistan the newest member into the nuclear weapons club has sufficient nukes to wastes the world ten times over again..
And you think in a nuclear war
African will be spared..?? grin
Read about the nuclear rectors disaster's in Chernobyl and in Japan and how long it takes those countries to clean up the radioactive waste ..
Over 60 years Nigeria is the cleansing the ogoni oil spill
Africa would be used as testing ground. No lie grin

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by Ibrahimcoomasie: 10:44am On Aug 02, 2022
pansophist:

Its actually the other way round. Its because the US has nukes that's why every other countries are rushing to have it.

The world have seen clearly how the US bully and bombs countries that don't have nukes. Of all the countries the US have invaded, no single one has nukes.

Nukes is basically your defense against the US that sees the world as its vassals. Hence, they fight so hard for countries not to have it, install satellites that can monitor countries etc.

So far, only the US have used nuclear weapons on a country twice. First on Japan and also the people of Marshall Islands at Bikini lagoons. Destroying eco systems, a people and animals.

The US threatens to nuke China, hence Mao rushed to build its own nuclear weapon. Same with the ussr, north Korea and now Iran. Meanwhile the US helped Israel on their nuclear program, what about that?

If the US stop threatening countries with bombs, there would be no fear or need to develop a nuclear programme. If the US stop maintaining military bases close to a thousand globally, no one will feel threatened.

Whether your country will be bombed back to stone age or not largely depends on your acquisition of the weapons and lots of countries understand this.

America has a missile defense system that will blow out nuclear missiles before they get anywhere the USA coast.

Other countries may obtain nuclear warheads if they want. It takes another level of technology to defend yourself against an attack.

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by almarthins(m): 10:46am On Aug 02, 2022
DerrickzB:

Funny how lots of you see Russia as dangerous with nukes, but see America as angels with nukes!!!

Between Russia and America which has the world record for nuking a country See how you lots sound funny SMH

All those world powers are one and the same.

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by pansophist(m): 10:46am On Aug 02, 2022
geez18:

You know eh, sometimes I try to enlighten people but get despirited by the futility of it all.

most people don't understand world politics and the world order. The US tries to rule the world with fear and intimidation under the guise of maintaining world peace.

Who gave the them (the US) the authority to be the world's police? All animals are equal..., but that is a figment of naivity when it pertains world politics. Its just like in a night club where everyone has access into the premises but access is limited to the VIP section: your pass in is premised on your status.

Most people don't know that your nuclear capability (or lack of) determines you position in the scheme of things, and that is why the US is so bent on limiting who gets into the VIP. Passage lays in persuasion; prove your capacity, get in.

Propaganda is so powerful that it makes you love your enemy (Stockholm syndrome) and hate your friend. When I was young, I used to think that stupidity was an insult, but as I grew older, I've come to realise that lots of people are actually very stupid, and can't think for themselves.

Their mind is so simple, that it's incapable to detect nuances, to observe, to analyse, to compare, and a deep understanding of power politics, especially from an historical, ideological, and geopolitical angle. It's actually easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled.

I'll just keep writing, not necessarily to teach or change their mind, but to offer a different perspective that hopefully in their pursuit for truth, it may help them reach that place. But man I tell you, lots of stupid lives amongst us as citizens, and sadly, their votes are the same as an intellectual such as Soyinka. Democracy cry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by Ibrahimcoomasie: 10:48am On Aug 02, 2022
geez18:

You know eh, sometimes I try to enlighten people but get despirited by the futility of it all.

most people don't understand world politics and the world order. The US tries to rule the world with fear and intimidation under the guise of maintaining world peace.

Who gave the them (the US) the authority to be the world's police? All animals are equal..., but that is a figment of naivity when it pertains world politics. Its just like in a night club where everyone has access into the premises but access is limited to the VIP section: your pass in is premised on your status.

Most people don't know that your nuclear capability (or lack of) determines you position in the scheme of things, and that is why the US is so bent on limiting who gets into the VIP. Passage lays in persuasion; prove your capacity, get in.
Imagine if their was no law and order, Boko Haram and ISWAP would have taken over Nigeria atleast a decade ago. All animals will never be equal.

Leaders like Hitler would have risen up again and try to dominate.
Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by Mide3367: 10:51am On Aug 02, 2022
pansophist:

Propaganda is so powerful that it makes you love your enemy (Stockholm syndrome) and hate your friend. When I was young, I used to think that stupidity was an insult, but as I grew older, I've come to realise that lots of people are actually very stupid, and can't think for themselves.

Their mind is so simple, that it's incapable to detect nuances, to observe, to analyse, to compare, and a deep understanding of power politics, especially from an historical, ideological, and geopolitical angle. It's actually easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled.

I'll just keep writing, not necessarily to teach or change their mind, but to offer a different perspective that hopefully in their pursuit for truth, it may help them reach that place. But man I tell you, lots of stupid lives amongst us as citizens, and sadly, their votes are the same as an intellectual such as Soyinka. Democracy cry
i want to reach you sir... How can I?
Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by pansophist(m): 10:53am On Aug 02, 2022
007Marvel:

Mr man I would love to know a single European country that the united state has actually threatened! The countries they threaten are either obsessed with the United States or safe houses for Terrorists! China, Russia and North Korea are a definition of the word obsession! Any they do, they'll always use the united states as a reference point! Is it nukes,is it military aircraft, is it trade! While the united state never make mention of any country when testing their gadget, Russia china or North Korea test their weapon with a distance to the united states! Be enlightened and don't let sentiment and hate cloud your judgement.

Are you serious? Serbia is an example of a European country the US bombed. The US using Nato bombed Belgrade just over twenty years ago, a European country, and carve up their territory creating a new country (Kosovo) then build a military bases there (Bondsteel base).

You don't threatened people that are already defeated, and yes, the EU is a vassal of the US. So your point doesn't hold any water. The US is not threatening Africa simply because we are weak and so hopeless, they don't have to fear anything from us even in the next hundred years.

When Gadaffi wanted to introduced a gold currency to threw off usd hegemony, he was killed. If Buhari tries the same thing, he will be killed. If the US is not attacking any European countries, it simply means that they are vassals. Can you think please?

Germany for example has been demilitarised, and US has many of its largest bases on German soil. I have a test for you. Go look for any countries that the US have good relationships with, you'll see that either they are in nato or some sort of military alliances, have a US base, or benefitting somehow.

The opposite is also true. Go look for a country the US hate, you'll see that they refuse to bow down to the US, and want to live with dignity. All the thing you wrote about terrorism are nonsense, propaganda which you swallowed unthinkingly.

I dare you, search for one and come back to me, let's talk. Germany is basically a military simp. No one is threatened by a person that has been castrated to impregnate their wive. Also the US controls Nato, and most EU countries are in Nato, effectively inviting the US to grab them by the balls.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by Ibrahimcoomasie: 10:56am On Aug 02, 2022
pansophist:

You don't threatened people that are already defeated, and yes, the EU is a vassal of the US. So your point doesn't hold any water. The US is not threatening Africa simply because we are weak and so hopeless, they don't have to fear anything from us even in the next hundred years.

When Gadaffi wanted to introduced a gold currency to threw off usd hegemony, he was killed. If Buhari tries the same thing, he will be killed. If the US is not attacking any European countries, it simply means that are vassals. Can you think please ?

Germany for example has been demilitarised, and US has many of its largest bases on German soil. Germany is basically a military simp. No one us threatened by such. Also the US controls Nato, and most EU countries are in Nato, effectively inviting the US to grab them by the balls.

Germany that just increased its annual military budget from 50billion to over $100billion. Even Russia is like $65 billion. Only the USA is over $700 billion per year

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/30/german-parties-reach-deal-on-107bn-defence-spending-boost

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by nomenclature(m): 11:03am On Aug 02, 2022
Toktee:
Russia is running out of steam in Eastern Ukraine, what made you think Russia can last longer in war with the America?

Some of your talk thru your azz cos of hate for America yet it changes nothing.. the fact still remains that Russia is overrated.

This running out of steam you guys are talking about is very laughable , america has so much brainwashed you guys.
Even biafra was able to hold Nigerian government for up to 3 years in a war, now you say Russia has ran out of steam in 5 months . A super power oh , Russia produce almost anything they need both in technology ,tanks, drones, missiles, satellites in space ,nuclear weapons , and natural resources needed for man to survive. Even if you no get brain,u no go borrow ?

7 Likes

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by iykofias(m): 11:04am On Aug 02, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:

America has a missile defense system that will blow out nuclear missiles before they get anywhere the USA coast.

Other countries may obtain nuclear warheads if they want. It takes another level of technology to defend yourself against an attack.
did you even watch the video you rushed to post, C-RAM is a defense system used against rocket and mortar. So where did nukes come into play?

1 Like

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by Ibrahimcoomasie: 11:05am On Aug 02, 2022
iykofias:
did you even watch the video you rushed to post, C-RAM is a defense system used against rocket and mortar. So where did nukes come into play?
I have edited my post I was referring to the one below i.e. Triad:

Yes, it would be hard for any country to launch a nuclear war head that will get any where the US mainland. An over $700 billion or is it $800B per year on military spending is not beans.

https://www.defense.gov/Multimedia/Experience/Americas-Nuclear-Triad/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_national_missile_defense

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by BeardGangJnr1(m): 11:05am On Aug 02, 2022
pansophist:

Which world are you living in? Mehn propaganda is really bad. It makes a full grown adult incapable of thinking and reaching observable conclusions.

The US is never a threat to peaceful countries? Lol. You need deliverance.
Leave daht guy...he's a pillock..he has been brainwashed

1 Like

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by Ibrahimcoomasie: 11:12am On Aug 02, 2022
nomenclature:

This running out of steam you guys are talking about is very laughable , america has so much brainwashed you guys.
Even biafra was able to hold Nigerian government for up to 3 years in a war, now you say Russia has ran out of steam in 5 months . A super power oh , Russia produce almost anything they need both in technology ,tanks, drones, missiles, satellites in space ,nuclear weapons , and natural resources needed for man to survive. Even if you no get brain,u no go borrow ?
A super power should have taken over the poorest country in Europe in a few days. Here we are 6 months already. Most boring war ever.
Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by iykofias(m): 11:13am On Aug 02, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:

I have edited my post I was referring to the one below i.e. Triad:

Yes, it would be hard for any country to launch a nuclear war head that will get any where the US mainland. An over $700 billion or is it $800B per year on military spending is not beans.

https://www.defense.gov/Multimedia/Experience/Americas-Nuclear-Triad/
so they have all these and still went ahead to sign Mutual assured destruction(MAD) with their rival.

Recollect your thoughts don't get caught up in the mix
'Cause the media is full of dirty tricks
- 2PAC
Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by pansophist(m): 11:14am On Aug 02, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:

Leave daht guy...he's a pillock..he has been brainwashed

Ma guy, the kind of thinking I see people display here, it makes question if it's genetical or societal. As in eh, people really no get sense at all. Who do them this thing? And they are citizens that will take Nigeria to the promise land. Jesu grin

7 Likes

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by pansophist(m): 11:16am On Aug 02, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Germany that just increased its annual military budget from 50billion to over $100billion. Even Russia is like $65 billion. Only the USA is over $700 billion per year

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/30/german-parties-reach-deal-on-107bn-defence-spending-boost

And your point is ? Stop hiding behind links, what is your point?

1 Like

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by pansophist(m): 11:16am On Aug 02, 2022
Mide3367:
i want to reach you sir... How can I?

My email is on my profile
Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by Ibrahimcoomasie: 11:17am On Aug 02, 2022
pansophist:

And your point is ? Stop hiding behind links, what is your point?
My point is that Germany is only demilitarized in your dreams.
Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by pansophist(m): 11:17am On Aug 02, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Okay and your point is? Russia and China also have same. What is your point exactly?

4 Likes

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by Ibrahimcoomasie: 11:19am On Aug 02, 2022
pansophist:

Okay and your point is? Russia and China also have same. What is your point exactly?
Point is that Pakistan, North korea, Iran e.t.c wouldn't have same and no country ever, not even in our generation will outspend the USA on military budget or deterrence systems. Add Russia and China's spending together, and it's still not close. Not even half.

You can dislike the USA all you want, but facts are facts and they don't care about feelings or emotions.

Anyway, I am out of this thread. I don't argue based on emotions.
Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by pansophist(m): 11:24am On Aug 02, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:

My point is that Germany is only demilitarized in your dreams.

Lots of misconception in your post. By demilitarisation, I meant it in the context of an external military in full control of your national security policy. On this ground, Germany is a military simp.

Secondly, high military budget doesn't mean good military. For example salaries in Germany is roughly about an average of 3k euros a month (2M naira), even though the average Germans don't work as hard as Ladipo boys.

The devil is in the details. With all their hundreds of billions of military budget, why don't they go and fight Russia then? Russia is practically cutting off oil they they desperately need, what stopping them from stealing it like they did with Africans during colonialism?

It's like saying because you have a lamborghini, a catapult can't destroy its windscreens. Destruction is the cheapest things there is, it is basically free. I don't care if you train like Mike Tyson with multi million dollar equipment, I can kill you with a fork that cost less than 2k. Lol.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by Masterito(m): 11:32am On Aug 02, 2022
Once upon a time, terrorists had no access to air craft guns and APCs. Obviously, you lack basic IQ to be a strategic thinker.
emecheboy2:

Please don't talk like a child, nuclear weapons is not something you buy anyhow even in black market.
Boko haram is no where close to Al Qaeda and Taliban, yet those ones never get anywhere close to such.
Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by pansophist(m): 11:32am On Aug 02, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Point is that Pakistan, North korea, Iran e.t.c wouldn't have same and no country ever, not even in our generation will outspend the USA on military budget or deterrence systems. Add Russia and China's spending together, and it's still not close. Not even half.

You can dislike the USA all you want, but facts are facts and they don't care about feelings or emotions.

Anyway, I am out of this thread. I don't argue based on emotions.

Cheap and lame. Why run from the thread? Wait for my counter and face off with me. Oya let's go.
Ever heard of Sarmat missles? As we speak, it is the fastest missles on earth, and even the US admit that they have no defense against it.

The US admitted that they have conducted over 300 hundreds military simulations and everytime, the result came out the same, that China will win. Not draw, win. And I'm not making this up, this is a link from the US defense ministy themselves, hear from the horse's mouth.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/us-military-changing-strategy-after-losing-simulated-war-with-china-b1894062.html%3famp

With all your big grammar about US capability, the question is, why haven't they go and fight the Russians and the Chinese? Its like a tiger threatening a sheep with its claws but refuse to go fight it. Another thing to take into consideration is the fact that the US has never faced an equal in battle. Your strength is not judged by your ability to kill a chicken, but a tiger.

The US has engaged in war for more than 200 years in its less than 300 years of existence, but its only with small weaker countries. The day they go toe-to-toe with China or Russia, a nuclear state, I'll take them serious. I see how propaganda have affected you and damage your reasoning.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by iykofias(m): 11:32am On Aug 02, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:

A super power should have taken over the poorest country in Europe in a few days. Here we are 6 months already. Most boring war ever.
where is your source that Ukraine is/was the poorest country in Europe, this is one of the big food basket and rich minerals nation in the world. Where are you digging this crap from?

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by Mide3367: 11:36am On Aug 02, 2022
pansophist:

My email is on my profile
done
Re: Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call by Bfly: 11:54am On Aug 02, 2022
Russia is always acting the alpha country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Is Dead / Israel’s Netanyahu Rebuffs US Plea To Halt Rafah Offensive. / German Producer Prices Jump By Record 25.9%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.