Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) (68044 Views)

You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? / Jagua: Do You Remember This Late Actor? / This Nigerian Advert From The 80s Will Either Make You Cry Or Laugh (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by NigeriaIsGreat: 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2022
Arysexy:

Obi left Anambra govt years ago. Go verify, he remains the best Governor since the state was created in 1991
And yet no development in the state till date. Yet an average ndi igbos are running down to Lago in droves s just to hawk gala and ice cream in traffic. An average ndi igbos are running to Lagos on a daily basis just to sell okrika clothes under the bridge and make a living

Obi has no legacy nor antecedents running till date unlike Tinubu

Even the so called Obi live in Lagos.

Tinubu is your next president

3 Likes

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by freemi(m): 5:30pm On Aug 02, 2022
It was 2naira pere
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by nkem1992: 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2022
LollySeaSide:

If you ask me, I'd say it's FP worthy.
That advert was created in the 90s and has no erotic acts, no form of nudity, no sexually suggestive content even though it's a condom advert.

Can you say that of adverts in today's times?
Go to YouTube and take a look at what they call "Best condom commercials of all time" and see what I'm talking about.
As you watch, keep in mind that those commercials are a collection of the most decent condom commercials.

Anyway, you didn't ask me so I didn't say anything.
Started as a gentleman but ended in vawulence.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Stanleyq: 5:38pm On Aug 02, 2022
TooNoisy:
Obidients are not old enough to know this adverts. Its the very young and gullible Pitobi can deceive.
irrelevant comment from alone person under the witchcraft of bat the vampire.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Toluwanise247(m): 5:39pm On Aug 02, 2022
I no dey use condom
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by aysnoopy(m): 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2022
Gold circle is now #150 and na 3 dey inside.
I remember around 2013, I still dey buy am #25 to #30 and na 4 dey inside.
Our government don carry us go where we no wan go ooo
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Ckonnet: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2022
Sunday oliseh comes to mind no be this one, france 1998. Only old gees can relate.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Stanleyq: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
And yet no development in the state till date. Yet an average ndi igbos are running down to Lago in droves s just to hawk gala and ice cream in traffic. An average ndi igbos are running to Lagos on a daily basis just to sell okrika clothes under the bridge and make a living

fact check, that anambra has never developed is a lie, do u tell me that as u claim only lagos that has developed, that all yorubas are living in the city of lagos.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by LollySeaSide: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2022
nkem1992:

Started as a gentleman but ended in vawulence.

Where is that vawulence meme, please?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by MyAmericandream(f): 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2022
kay29000:

What was his answer? grin

You too like gist grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Arysexy(m): 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:

No development in Anambra? Let me know your state, let's do comparison. Don't tell me Lagos.

Igbos going to Lagos is BC of advantage placed over Lagos. Let PH, or Ibom sea ports be made functional and see if Igbos will be going to Lagos as you claimed. Igbos are major importers and Lagos ports have monopoly that make them have no choice.

Who wants to stay in smelly over populated Lagos?
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by NigeriaIsGreat: 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2022
Arysexy:

No development in Anambra? Let me know your state, let's do comparison. Don't tell me Lagos.

Igbos going to Lagos is BC of advantage placed over Lagos. Let PH, or Ibom sea ports be made functional and see if Igbos will be going to Lagos as you claimed. Igbos are major importers and Lagos ports have monopoly that make them have no choice.

Who wants to stay in smelly over populated Lagos?
Tell me which state in South East that can withstand any western states biko

OGUN state is miles ahead of all your eastern states combine. Your people are also running in droves to same Ogun state just to make a living

The IGR Ogun state generate yearly no state in your region can generate half of it till thy kingdom come

Biko point at Obi legacies and antecedents still running till date. Obi cannot even lace Fashola shoe not to talk of Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Yeyenairaland(m): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2022
TooNoisy:
Obidients are not old enough to know this adverts. Its the very young and gullible Pitobi can deceive.

Noisy Toto

Keep kwayet shocked
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by jimcaddy(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2022
See how much it was back then. Kai Nigeria has spoilt beyond repair walahi.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by etrange: 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2022
LollySeaSide:

If you ask me, I'd say it's FP worthy.
That advert was created in the 90s and has no erotic acts, no form of nudity, no sexually suggestive content even though it's a condom advert.

Can you say that of adverts in today's times?
Go to YouTube and take a look at what they call "Best condom commercials of all time" and see what I'm talking about.
As you watch, keep in mind that those commercials are a collection of the most decent condom commercials.

Anyway, you didn't ask me so I didn't say anything.

The best condom commercials you are referring to, are they Nigerian? If not, then I believe you are comparing apples with oranges. If you want to compare ads in terms of time, base it on the same region/country. If you want to compare them in terms of regions, base on on the same time period. Don't compare old Nigerian ads with modern American ads. That's a mix up cause even when this ad was released, Americans were already doing the kind of adds they do today. Again, modern Nigeria condom ads aren't necessarily erotic.

That said, I still believe this is FP worth. If not for anything else, for the nostalgia.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by ebudola53c: 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2022
I don't know it, because I never spoiled by then.I don't know it, because I never spoiled by then....
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Belawy(m): 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2022
That time enh! I was young, I just dey watch ham, I didn't know what the advert was all about and my parents would not bother to explain it.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Mrpojj(m): 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2022
officialwdhtv:
Do you remember this old Nigerian Advert?

Indomie generation...una well done o grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0SMr1X0JMg
I remember wella
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by AMossley(m): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2022
Those are Binta Ayo Mogaji and Tunji Sotimimrin,I guess
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Arysexy(m): 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Tell me which state in South East that can withstand any western states biko

OGUN state is miles ahead of all your eastern states combine. Your people are also running in droves to same Ogun state just to make a living

The IGR Ogun state generate yearly no state in your region can generate half of it till thy kingdom come

Biko point at Obi legacies and antecedents still running till date. Obi cannot even lace Fashola shoe not to talk of Tinubu

Lol Ogun state the headquarters of skull Mining.

Where exactly in Ogun state? Abeokuta? Can you compare Ogun with Anambra? Even Abeokuta is a rural brown roof hilly slum. I have been to Abeokuta severally. What the Fvck are you comparing? Not even with her closeness to Lagos, Anambra beats Ogun hands down. Is it Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi that you want to compare Abeokuta with ? Do you have any other urban area in Ogun apart from Abeokuta? Ijebu is a rural area, where else?

Abeg park well
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Nickymezor(f): 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2022
I think I saw that advert, didn't understand it then though.Wow, just see the amount.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Entimz: 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2022
Even Gold circle was 2 naira...na it's been sold 150 naira. Who has done this to Naija
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2022
Arysexy:

Lol Ogun state the headquarters of skull Mining.

Where exactly in Ogun state? Abeokuta? Can you compare Ogun with Anambra? Even Abeokuta is a rural brown roof hilly slum. I have been to Abeokuta severally. What the Fvck are you comparing? Not even with her closeness to Lagos, Anambra beats Ogun hands down. Is it Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi that you want to compare Abeokuta with ? Do you have any other urban area in Ogun apart from Abeokuta? Ijebu is a rural area, where else?

Abeg park well
what is your Anambra IGR compare to Ogun state?

How often people troop in to Anambra compare to Ogun state?

OGUN state is the second industrious state after Lagos

None of your state in South East combine can withstand Ogun state in terms of IGR

Your region should be competing with North East not the ulmighty west where an average okoro run to for survival

West lead
Follow by south south
Then north west
Follow by north central

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Arysexy(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
what is your Anambra IGR compare to Ogun state?

How often people troop in to Anambra compare to Ogun state?

OGUN state is the second industrious state after Lagos

None of your state in South East combine can withstand Ogun state in terms of IGR

Your region should be competing with North East not the ulmighty west where an average okoro run to for survival

West lead
Follow by south south
Then north west
Follow by north central

Go to Onitsha or come to Niger bridge and count the influx. You stay in your mud house infested enclave and know what is going on in Another state.

IGR that ends up in Tinubu's pocket is that IGR?
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by Gis30(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2022
That's when I was still a virgin Lol grin
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2022
Arysexy:

Go to Onitsha or come to Niger bridge and count the influx. You stay in your mud house infested enclave and know what is going on in Another state.

IGR that ends up in Tinubu's pocket is that IGR?
influx that doesn't reflect in the lives of average ndi Okoros

Influx that doesn't reflect in the ranking of states generating top IGR to FG

Influx yet an average okoros literally see the West as their London and Eldorado

Influx yet another set of Okoros are already on their way trooping to their London

Btw, who is going to that Afghanistan region if i may ask?

Is it because no sit at home today ba? No worry Thursday is around the corner grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by onlyboyson(m): 6:48pm On Aug 02, 2022
Haha grin grin grin grin
2.00 two naira
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by ltsng: 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2022
I could recite all the words as a child without any inkling of what the product is used for. Talk about innocence smiley smiley
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by dreadsbee: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2022
See the price #2 for 4 pieces.
This country don spoil walai

Imagine some stupid idiots are still shouting Tinubu Lokan

APC is out of power already
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by 18wheeler: 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2022
What struck me in the clip is the recommended price of 2 naira per pack of 4. This advert was in the 90s if I’m not mistaken. That commodity goes for over 1000% of that today.
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by kay29000(m): 7:08pm On Aug 02, 2022
MyAmericandream:

You too like gist grin

Lol. Yes o grin
Re: Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) by seunowokade(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2022
That's my in-law Tunji Sotimirin a lecturer; University of Lagos UNILAG in Theatre Art.

I stayed in is house for four years. I was with him when he got this advert contract back then. Very lovely and wonderful person. He took me like his own blood brother.

I dey dash my friends condoms anyhow that time bcs is everywhere for hour house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. / Elderly Woman Participates In BBNaija Calabar Auditions, See Reactions / The Moment Bisola Discovered Thin Tall Tony Is Married (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.