Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

The Aaronic Blessing: Components, Meaning And Guidelines - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Aaronic Blessing: Components, Meaning And Guidelines (186 Views)

Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Churches & Mosques To Resume Services In Lagos As Sanwo-Olu Isues Guidelines / DAY 2: RCCG 2019 Fasting Prayer Points And Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Aaronic Blessing: Components, Meaning And Guidelines by topshore(f): 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2022
Scripture Texts: Numbers 6:23-26; Deuteronomy 28:1-4

Calvary greetings to you Brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Today's Scriptures confirm that it is the will of God to bless His people. These ancient prayers of blessing help us understand what blessing are supposed to do in our lives.

“Tell Aaron and his sons, ‘This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:

“The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’'

Meaning of Aaronic Blessing

Aaronic Blessing reveals the kind of God we have and serve, and what He wants for His children. Aaronic blessing is also in triplicate which signifies the Trinity in action: 1. God the Father bless you and keep you. 2. God the Son makes His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you. 3. God the Holy Spirit lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Aaronic blessing is a blessing with authority because it is from our Lord Jesus Christ. It is a blessing according to His divine will for our needs.
1. God will favour and protect you.
2. God will be pleased with you.
3. God will be gracious unto you, that is, He will show you mercy and compassion.
4. God will give you His approval.
5. God will give you peace.

What are the Components of Aaronic Blessing?
1. The Lord bless you" is the first promise for you in the Aaronic Blessing. This implies life, prosperity and good health. The Bible talks about spiritual blessings in heavenly places (Ephesians 1:3). What this means is that all the good things that God gives His children such as salvation, the gifts of the Holy Spirit, power to do God's will, the hope of eternal life with Christ, and so on.
1. The Lord keep you." The word "keep" means protection. This means that the Lord is our Shepherd who keeps watch over His own.
2. The Lord makes His face shine upon you". This is the light of God upon you that will give you joy, light, and radiance that will make you stand out and to glow in darkness.
3. "The Lord be gracious unto you." This signifies kindness and help from God. God was gracious unto you when He forgave your sins and saved through His Son Jesus Christ ( Ephesians 2:8-9) - "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast".
4. "The Lord lift up His countenance upon you". This involves God taking you into Hi Presence to see His face. This is a picture of a father smiling and taking pleasure in His child, which you are.
5. Lastly, "The Lord gives you peace": Jesus said in John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you, let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." this is the work of the Holy Spirit in your life- to give everlasting peace. This is not like the peace which the world offers, but the peace of God which comes with the absence if conflict. God's peace is confidence assurance in any circumstance or situation. the peace of God in you will take away fear, doubt, uncertainty and numerous forces that are at war within you. Beloved, Jesus Christ is ready to give you that blessing of peace only if you are willing and ready to accept it from Him.

Guidelines to Receiving Aaronic Blessing
All these blessings are for you to enjoy if you a true child of God. That is, if you have surrendered your life to Jesus Christ. If not, beloved, do it now so that you can enjoy the full blessings that God has for you.

If you would like to give your life to Christ just say this short prayer:
"Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus, in Jesus' name I pray, amen!

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

Ref: "Mountain Top Daily Devotional" Vol7, 2022.

(1) (Reply)

There's Hope For The Dead In Christ... / Tithing Is A By-product Of The Pentecostal Churches BY Dr Osondu Nworu / Is Polygamy A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.