Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) (20026 Views)

How To Make Egg Rolls At Home (Photos, Video) / How To Make Best Nigerian Chicken Shawarma At Home (Photos & Video) / 5 Best Spots To Get The Tastiest Shawarma In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
sonnie10:

Have you tried nutmeg in your pie?

It tastes very nice, I don't know why my children don't appreciate nut meg in most pastries. So i skip it when am making majorly for them.
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by mariahAngel(f): 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

It tastes very nice, I don't know why my children don't appreciate nut meg in most pastries. So i skip it when am making majorly for them.

Nne, I don't like it either.
It interferes with the classic taste of meat pies and sausage rolls.

I only like nutmeg flavour in puff-puff, doughnuts, buns, vanilla cake, even bread.

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2022
tuzle:
All this meat pie they make in eatery are very big scam at an expensive price. I went to chicken republic and bought their meat pie, it was so horrible that I wished I never did and the worst Is that I bought two. The meat pie they make on my street is far better than the overated waste of money.

I'd prefer to make things myself when I can. Eating out in big eateries now is expensive and you might not really like what you are served.
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2022
mariahAngel:

Nne, I don't like it either.
It interferes with the classic taste of meat pies and sausage rolls.

I only like nutmeg flavour in puff-puff, doughnuts, buns, vanilla cake, even bread.

You are selective like them oooo. Just as they don't like Iru. And Plantain is their best meal too cool
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 04, 2022
Wow! This looks delicious �

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by Timagex(m): 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2022
If God can bless me with a beautiful lady that can bake, I go happy o. cool grin

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by mariahAngel(f): 5:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

You are selective like them oooo. Just as they don't like Iru. And Plantain is their best meal too cool

I'm quite picky when it comes to food. cheesy

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by mariahAngel(f): 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2022
Timagex:
If God can bless me with a beautiful lady that can bake, I go happy o. cool grin

You can learn how to bake too, you know?
Baking is super fun and satisfying.

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
Wingscloud:
Wow! This looks delicious �

Thank you. It's really delicious.

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2022
mariahAngel:

Nne, it's really satisfying. There's this inner joy that comes especially when the people you made it for really liked it.
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by AngelicBeing: 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2022
samwheel:
Don't like meat pie. Struggled eating it when I was a kid. Prefer chicken pie.

Virtual tasting grin
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by Timagex(m): 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2022
mariahAngel:

Well, you might be right tho....

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by fapcrook(m): 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2022
Na wa o, it's mince pie

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by Adakintroy: 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
Thank you mode. In times of great difficulties the best you can do is recite educative informative thread. So that those who are smart and wiling can learn a thing or two. I remember learning to cook afang from home through YouTube. Why people don't take time to learn meaningfully things is reason for poverty not government alone.

Do what is better on your part... If you do it well enough nairaland may reclaim some of its old glory as meaningfully positive contributor to social progress.

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by samwheel(m): 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Virtual tasting grin

Lol grin
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by Love800(m): 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2022
Glogryhomemaker pls drop ur whatsapp num. I want to relate stuff abt catering with u. Just like asking u some kinda questions abt it. Please if u can

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:18pm On Aug 04, 2022
fapcrook:
Na wa o, it's mince pie

Yeah.. That's the oyinbo name, we know it here as meat pie.
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2022
Adakintroy:
Thank you mode. In times of great difficulties the best you can do is recite educative informative thread. So that those who are smart and wiling can learn a thing or two. I remember learning to cook afang from home through YouTube. Why people don't take time to learn meaningfully things is reason for poverty not government alone.

Do what is better on your part... If you do it well enough nairaland may reclaim some of its old glory as meaningfully positive contributor to social progress.

Thank you so much. There is so much we can learn online. The world has really gone digital.

Unfortunately, many youths have not recognized this.
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2022
Love800:
Glogryhomemaker pls drop ur whatsapp num. I want to relate stuff abt catering with u. Just like asking u some kinda questions abt it. Please if u can

Am not a caterer oooo, just making nice stuff for my family. And am sharing so others too can learn, cos country don strong.
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by lasisi69(f): 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2022
Nawa ooo shocked

3 Likes

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by ahnie: 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2022
Beef filled meat pie and youghut...father lawd have mercy...it's heavenly to Waka sef go Taya person grin

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2022
ahnie:
Beef filled meat pie and youghut...father lawd have mercy...it's heavenly to Waka sef go Taya person grin

You sabi better food jare.
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by armyofone(m): 10:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Meat pie is a yummy delight for everyone. This video gives a step by step details on how to make yummiest meat pies in the comfort of your home.

Ingredients:

For The Dough

1/2 kilo of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
Half teaspoon of salt
250 grams of butter
1/2 cup of water

For The Fillings

300 grams of ground beef/minced meat
1 large potato (diced)
2 medium carrots (diced)
Curry powder
Paprika powder
Thyme leaves
White pepper
Garlic powder
Salt to taste
1 seasoning cube
3 tablespoons of flour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RumOaPacvU4

I like trying new ways of making pie. Please can you change the flour and butter to lbs or cups - thanks.

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by OdefaGirl(f): 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2022
Please I want to know what makes the meatpie softer dear @gloryhomemaker. Thank you

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by folake4u(f): 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2022
pocohantas:

She dey really try. Me wey my puffpuff dey resemble trapezium. Make I come attempt meatpie? Kudos sis!

Abi na this kain meatpie you go do? tongue

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by pocohantas(f): 10:50pm On Aug 04, 2022
folake4u:

Abi na this kain meatpie you go do? tongue

Gross!!! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by folake4u(f): 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2022
pocohantas:

Gross!!! cheesy cheesy

Lmao. I've seen worse. Beans and stew in Meatpie at different times. lipsrsealed
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by Originalsly: 1:08am On Aug 05, 2022
Why would you want to shove this kind mouth watering finger licking meat pie in our face??...some women really love to torment men .... and scatter family. Imagine Emeka seeing this sumptuous in your face meat pie ... and reflecting on what his wife made with her own two hands and served him ... why would he not think she wants to poison him?... slowly? ... all because of what you posted.
Your presentation is very good!... but to be honest.. I have absolutely no interest in how to make it.... all my interest is in the eating ... and in ehmmm..... can we chat privately?... I want to find out something?

1 Like

Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by Love800(m): 6:44am On Aug 05, 2022
[quote author=gloryhomemaker post=115390130]

Am not a caterer oooo, just making nice stuff for my family. And am sharing so others too can learn, cos country don strong.[/so u dont make caah from itquote]
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:09am On Aug 05, 2022
armyofone:

I like trying new ways of making pie. Please can you change the flour and butter to lbs or cups - thanks.

Trying new ways sort of makes you an expert. It makes you know what works and what doesn't works, or what works better.

For the best Meat pies, every 1 kilo of flour equals 500g of margarine or cooking butter. So, when you are making more or less, you multiply or divide accordingly.

I used half kilo of flour which is 4 cups. I also used 250g of cold cooking butter which is 1 cup + 1 teaspoon.

The cups are measuring cups oooo

More details in the video.

I hope this helps.
Re: See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:12am On Aug 05, 2022
OdefaGirl:
Please I want to know what makes the meatpie softer dear @gloryhomemaker. Thank you

Majorly butter, add water in small amounts. Too much water can make the dough hard. Do not knead the dough

More details in the video.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' / Housewife Caught Stealing Meat From Neighbour's Pot In Sapele / What Is The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten When Hungry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.