Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Over Staying In A Company - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Over Staying In A Company (23185 Views)

How Do You Feel Staying At Home On A Monday Morning? Share Your Experience. / I Am Tired Of Staying At Home, Any Volunteer Jobs? / You Won't Believe How Much A Company Want To Pay A Graduate With NYSC Cert. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over Staying In A Company by smasher1(m): 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2022
femi4:
So if I start as a cleaner and now the head of Admin after 10yrs, does that means I m not growing?

The ultimate factor is job security. I would rather continue to earn 100k yearly than go elsewhere and earn 1M in a year and get sacked

major thing. everything is not about money or growth but job security. a friend left to another company for higher pay and was sacked after 6 months. others moved to my company from another company and all resigned due to frustration in less than two years.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by smasher1(m): 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2022
Fran6ik:
So after 10yrs, will you resign from NNPC?

never. even a full time employee of an oil company won't change jobs. imagine being paid over N100m at retirement? u can't get all those perks if u change jobs regularly.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by abdulwassi(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2022
Please hear my cry....
I'm seriously looking for a job.. I'm a graduate of Electrical/Electronics.. I do windows Allumaco works. Unfortunately work is not forthcoming coming, it now base on who you know since the price of material have gone high.. Please be my helper, a job for the now would do, to eat now is a major prob. Thanks as you see to my pains.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by femi4: 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2022
Exceed15:

U too dey watch Nigeria movies
I m telling you real life experience
Re: Over Staying In A Company by superboyspecial: 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2022
femi4:
So if I start as a cleaner and now the head of Admin after 10yrs, does that means I m not growing?

The ultimate factor is job security. I would rather continue to earn 100k yearly than go elsewhere and earn 1M in a year and get sacked

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I know you're just making a point but this is poor comparison grin

1M is already 10years worth of an annual 100K
Re: Over Staying In A Company by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
Wizywiz:
Op calm down ooo... depends on your growth on the Job....I have a friend who have works in the bank for 16 years now....he started as a marketer ( DSA earning 40k then) but now a senior staff........with reasonable pay and other incentives. Will you advise he leaves when he still enjoys the job?

If you can tell me his exact grade, I'll help you with the analysis and we'll both determine if staying was the better option for him.

1 Like

Re: Over Staying In A Company by ashewoboy(m): 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2022
thesicilian:

Not in all cases. If you're growing in terms of salary or personal and professional development, why would you want to leave? Plus as one grows older one begins to feel less need to move around.
I personally don't like staying in one job or city for more than 3yrs, but there are many things that can make a person decide to settle down at one company.

Leave him na.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by ashewoboy(m): 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2022
gulfer:
It depends, if the company's vision matches your aspirations (worklife-balance, salary, leave, training, 13th month etc), you can stay for even longer. In my last work place I spent 13 years heading towards the 14th year before I got another job I could leave for cool cool cool cool cool

Show us the way na. Before you could leave that, the offer must really be juicy.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by pedrilo: 8:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
Mumu work dey outside?
Re: Over Staying In A Company by gulfer: 8:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
ashewoboy:

Show us the way na. Before you could leave that, the offer must really be juicy.
All I will say is it is better than the one I spent 13 years on. Most of us want quick success, the job I left after 13 years, I entered from the lowest step and gradually worked my way up through God's help and favor in the face of men; it wasn't easy but it was interesting with ups and downs. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Over Staying In A Company by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2022
I am a job hopper. For someone like me that gets so bored easily with routines, it will take God's grace to make me stay in a company for years. Except of course it's dynamic and packed with value (beneficial for my growth). I detest stagnancy.

For the fear of routines, I easily move. I am not job-LOYAL, so I have no business building your company and hoping for an imaginary promotion. If I find somewhere more palatable that has better incentives and growth, I find my level. I marvel at people who stay on a job for long. Can't be me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over Staying In A Company by ashewoboy(m): 8:29pm On Aug 03, 2022
gulfer:
All I will say is it is better than the one I spent 13 years on. Most of us want quick success, the job I left after 13 years, I entered from the lowest step and gradually worked my way up through God's help and favor in the face of men; it wasn't easy but it was interesting with ups and downs. cool cool cool cool cool

Pardon me, what do you do for a living?
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Segzy19: 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2022
Mumu post!

All these small boy talk sef... Make u get good job for Chevron, Mobil or any job that pays you in millions per month first. Let's see whether you will be eager to rush out...

This one never sabi life
Re: Over Staying In A Company by vikyno(m): 12:40am On Aug 04, 2022
Search for AOJ electrical. I think they are looking for someone with your qualifications. A company in ibadan at Bodija is also in need of electrical engineer.
abdulwassi:
Please hear my cry....
I'm seriously looking for a job.. I'm a graduate of Electrical/Electronics.. I do windows Allumaco works. Unfortunately work is not forthcoming coming, it now base on who you know since the price of material have gone high.. Please be my helper, a job for the now would do, to eat now is a major prob. Thanks as you see to my pains.

1 Like

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Trilz(m): 1:08am On Aug 04, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Na y I like ASHAWOO business..

U fit change location or state and still de do the same business..

If the salary no pay u well, u change location and meet new customers..are you slowmir?

I bin de reason to JAZZ in Edo state but I hear say Dem don ban ASHAWOO for der..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: Over Staying In A Company by showafrica(m): 5:33am On Aug 04, 2022
tshtsh:

I started my career at a software company where I was a youth corp member. My employment was retained after NYSC but I resigned 7 months after to join a much bigger organization for the brand, network, size of project and all. I worked at the big organization for 5 years and 9 months. The only reason I stayed this long was because I was growing. Moved from Software Eng 1 to 2 after 15 months. Then Software eng 2 to 3 after 24 months. I started getting uncomfortable as I didn't believe I was approaching six years in the organization hence I resigned and moved to a software company where I could earn dollars and work on a different type of projects. I have come to realize that people who stay on one job for a very long time are less resilient than the more mobile employees. They find it harder to get another job and transition to something better hence limiting themselves to what their employer offer to them. Employers prefer a candidate who spent 15 years in 3 different organizations as opposed to candidates who spend 15 years in a single role/organization

I take this advice
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Boogyman557: 6:12am On Aug 04, 2022
[quote author=Trilz post=115363201][/quote] Holly Gram cool Nope broda...

AMA port Harcourt boi MAN but base in Lagos now..

Everyone kip thinking and asking if am him but I don't really see the resemblance..

my chat and street words are different..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Trilz(m): 10:39am On Aug 04, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Nope broda...

AMA port Harcourt boi MAN but base in Lagos now..

Everyone kip thinking and asking if am him but I don't really see the resemblance..

my chat and street words are different..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
are you slowmir?
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Boogyman557: 11:13am On Aug 04, 2022
Trilz:
are you slowmir?
Holly Gram cool u be robot..

WTF MAN!
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Trilz(m): 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool u be robot..

WTF MAN!
lol cheesy I have something to ask you via email, I just want know if you be slowmir cos u use exact words
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Boogyman557: 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2022
Trilz:
lol cheesy I have something to ask you via email, I just want know if you be slowmir cos u use exact words
Holly Gram cool I no de reply Gmail abi Email..

Ask me here..

mean while, I de ASHAWOO house now..

WTF MAN!

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Trilz(m): 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool I no de reply Gmail abi Email..

Ask me here..

mean while, I de ASHAWOO house now..

WTF MAN!
i no fit ask here, and e De confidential
Re: Over Staying In A Company by thesicilian: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2022
Naijabad:

There is no growth in terms of salary in your current company that will surpass what others have to offer outside.

The last company I left after 8 months, my net was 560k per month. The current pays me 993k per month. What type of internal upgrade or promotion will make my former company pay me 993k from 560k?

Recently a recruiter called me for one of the big soft drink manufacturers and I told them that I wont take anything less than 1,500k net. They were willing to give 1,150k but I said capital NO. This is my 1 year 3 months in my present place.
Lol. That's actually one of the reasons I move around. Especially in Nigeria, the best and easiest way to get a salary upgrade is simply to just get another job.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Eriggs: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
Nice
Re: Over Staying In A Company by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2022
Warm7days:
Trash loading...
Seun Osewa.
Mynd44.
Dominique.

It is high time you do something about one of your worker, always deleting people's comment here..the boy we quoted up here, quoted our post, (of which his post broke rule 2 of your forum) and we replied him in a subtle way, and avoid him as we always his ilks,
so we won't break the rules of your forum.

But we came back here to see your staff removed our post that broke no rules and left the initial post breaking the rules alone.
This has been going on for a very long time now.
Something needs to be done about this on this forum.
A member called here was last week banned for several months till a week after the coming presidential election next year February 2023.
Who doesn't know that is tactical and bullish?!
And numerous posts are out there breaking the rules of this forum day in day out, that are Still left out here standing with nothing being done to such posts!
Nairaland.com is not ipobland.com that sane honest and hardworking Nigerians won't have a say cos someone is supporting supporters of terrorists all over our nation.
The reason our reply to the above was deleted is still a mystery.
Enough said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over Staying In A Company by mirinder: 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2022
sisisioge:
If the company is good, why not? Seen people resigning from Nestle, Lafarge, Mobil, ? Majority of their staff retire there. But all these small or owners managed big companies, na to japa within within 2 years o. Globacom being the worst of them all grin
connect me to a job
Re: Over Staying In A Company by sisisioge: 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2022
mirinder:
connect me to a job

I no be employer o....may God help us.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by amiibaby(f): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2022
Adim mma
limcar:
amii kedu kodi
Re: Over Staying In A Company by ustanejnr(m): 12:23am On Aug 16, 2022
amiibaby:
Op am looking for work biko

Inbox me
Re: Over Staying In A Company by amiibaby(f): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2022
ustanejnr:

Inbox me
how do I inbox u please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can A Graduate With Physics With Electronics Work? / Diamond Bank Collecting CV's For Test In Owerri / Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.