Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

How lucrative are IT courses? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How lucrative are IT courses? (17150 Views)

Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? / How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? / How Lucrative Is The Legal Profession? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by Hcqmela: 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
ogaontop:
IT tech skills are goldmine not to be compared with these theoretical M.Sc we do here, and Data Science is one of the top 10 IT jobs out there.
Let him judiciously study it, build his portfolio in relation to real world problems, then jobs will come.
Make sure he knows his excel/spreadsheets, then proceed to Data Analytics, to Data Science!

Useful online learning sources:
Udacity, Udemy, Coursera, e.t.c
Later
Kaggle, Datakind, Drivendata
Pls I want to learn Microsoft package, How many does Microsoft have apart from Word,Excel,PowerPoint and Internet
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by cescfrank(m): 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
learning22:

Check ALX Africa Software Engineering and apply. The training fees worth more than 3million Naira, but fortunately,it has been waived by MasterCard.

Thanks, I'll check it out today.
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by cescfrank(m): 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
TIDDOLL:

I just paid for a course with UTIVA myself, Data Analytics fast track course, 80k for 8weeks...i'm positive it will be money well spent.

You might want to consider it, Classes starts by Aug 6.

Thanks, I'll check it out today.
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by ewa20buredi100: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2022
JoeyNaza:
Yes, IT Courses can be very lucrative if you are a good Learner not just a good Student. If you are just a good student, you would pay for a million and one courses before you ever amount to anything significant.

My advice, if you want a qualitative experience that has huge potential upside I will advise:

1. Pay for Pluralsight Courses. (usually above $200)
Udemy and co. will be cheaper but Pluralsight provides job-ready context. It is preferred by tech companies in uptraining their staff. Pick quality over price.

2. Leetcode Pro
To practice your Data Structure and Algorithm Knowledge. This is the foundation of your application of programming concepts. DSA is highly sought after. Coding Job Interviews are hinged on DSA knowledge.

3. Read Technical Books and Documentations:
We love audio-visual learning materials, but books written by experts in the selected fields give you a whole lot of retained value you can never get out of hour long videos where the creator tries to minimize time and size and sacrifice value/content. Read Documentations on the languages , frameworks and packages you are working with. Books on the Computer Science Fundamentals should be prioritized.

4. Learn Extensively :
IT field is really broad and dynamic. Tools, resources become obsolete quickly. So you have to refresh your knowledge frequently.
Try to know as much as or more than the next person. The field is competitive. You can't rest on little knowledge. Brush up various skills, technologies which you can pick up when ready but don't try to become an expert in all. Pick One field that catches your passion and delve in deeper and commit more effort than in the rest.

5. Build Projects and Gain Real Work Experience:
You don't sell yourself in this field with grammar or a well styled CV. You do that exclusively by your capacity. You have to show your capacity to fulfill job demands in various forms. Either by being an avid team player in a group with amazing projects and show your impact on the team or your solo projects that show your skills and abilities are top notch by production standards.
Skilled developers with no degree are employed over nominal CS grads. It's all about what you can do.

With these you can begin Job applications, that is a whole other issue and topic. But, you would stand a very solid chance. Tech pays well indeed. Remote job offers begin at $30,000 in well paying regions. Some companies especially in Canada and US can use special immigration policies to sponsor your work visa to move over and continue work in their country.

Check-out this 19 year old Nigerian with no degree that was on a $156,000 per annum salary before he left to start his own company:
https://techcabal.com/2022/02/24/meet-the-19-year-old-nigerian-building-his-own-blockchain-empire/

Thanks for the enlightenment. What kind of laptop must he have? Kindly recommend any good one of your choice
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by ewa20buredi100: 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
RubiesBanking:
If you ever need to download these courses free,

For cybersecurity courses like CEH, OSCP, ejpt v2, SANS, hacking, digital forensics and the rest check this site

check hide01.ir

For anything related to udemy, masterclass, udacity, you can find courses to download free including project files here

tutflix.org
Downloadly.ir

To download any paid ebook of your choice for free, if you can't get it anywhere...you will surely find it on this site

https://z-lib.org/

If he's going for software development or programming in general, he should make sure he does these courses.
CS50X by havard
CS50p for Web Development

The way these cs50 courses are structure, it'll break your brain all together with very difficult coding assignment, but you'll never be the same if you complete them.

You might not get any certificate, but you get to have access to these courses free if you don't have the ability to pay for them.

Thanks sir.
I just learnt something new.

Please the check hide01. ir is not accessible.
The tutflix worked because I added www. to it

Is there anything I need to add to the address?

And please kindly recommend a good laptop
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by RubiesBanking: 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
ewa20buredi100:

Thanks sir.
I just learnt something new.

Please the check hide01. ir is not accessible.
The tutflix worked because I added www. to it

Is there anything I need to add to the address?

And please kindly recommend a good laptop

The site is accessible, either that or try beta.hide01.ir.
The laptop honestly depends on what you're actually going to do with it. Most guys doing cybersec will have to be running alot of virtual machines to run labs offline for practice, you'll need alot of ram, CPU power, storage and GPU if you want to run things smoothly.

1 Like

Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by coolxpaul(m): 6:19am On Aug 06, 2022
kaylardz:

No IT related experience in my CV. Would I be selected for the course??
Yes you would.
It's absolutely for beginners.
You don't even need a CV to apply. Just fill a form and that's all.
Besides, the deadline is Monday and the program is starting in two weeks so hurry up with your application
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by Emma2Seconds: 8:57am On Aug 06, 2022
smiley
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by kaylardz(m): 9:31am On Aug 06, 2022
coolxpaul:

Yes you would.
Besides, the deadline is Monday and the program is starting in two weeks so hurry up with your application

Alright, thanks
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by ewa20buredi100: 11:00pm On Aug 06, 2022
SmartyPants:

500 usd is max 335 at black market. But if you're sure your Nigerian Master's has value, then go for it.

For online learning, all you need is a laptop, internet, and discipline.

Thank you very much.

My brother said that the fee he saw on Udacity was 400USD per month.....not for the entire duration of the course (which is 5months)

Or he didn't check well?
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by ewa20buredi100: 11:05pm On Aug 06, 2022
ogaontop:
IT tech skills are goldmine not to be compared with these theoretical M.Sc we do here, and Data Science is one of the top 10 IT jobs out there.
Let him judiciously study it, build his portfolio in relation to real world problems, then jobs will come.
Make sure he knows his excel/spreadsheets, then proceed to Data Analytics, to Data Science!

Useful online learning sources:
Udacity, Udemy, Coursera, e.t.c
Later
Kaggle, Datakind, Drivendata

Thank you very much.

Please is there anyone that is cheaper, because he is seeing 400USD per month on Udacity and the rest
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by SmartyPants(m): 12:23am On Aug 07, 2022
ewa20buredi100:

Thank you very much.

My brother said that the fee he saw on Udacity was 400USD per month.....not for the entire duration of the course (which is 5months)

Or he didn't check well?

When he starts applying there will be a discount africans

1 Like

Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by kaylardz(m): 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2022
webizone:
@ OP, I am currently on a Full-Stack dev program now and I am same age as your bro. It requires serious discipline, (you might find it hard to mix it with something else) but it's free. My school is Alx. Search for Alx SE to apply. There are other courses there as well.
I've just been accepted for this program and, training commences next week Monday. I sincerely need your guidance. How do I score 80% in the First month assessment in order to avoid disqualification. Pls give me ur WhatsApp number or message me on 08160576462. Thanks
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by kaylardz(m): 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2022
coolxpaul:

Yes you would.
I've been accepted, kindly give me ur WhatsApp number or chat me on 08160576462. Thanks
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by webizone(m): 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2022
kaylardz:

I've just been accepted for this program and, training commences next week Monday. I sincerely need your guidance. How do I score 80% in the First month assessment in order to avoid disqualification. Pls give me ur WhatsApp number or message me on 08160576462. Thanks

1. Join your WhatsApp group where your cohort are. That the biggest and number one thing that helped me on my journey.

2. Always endeavour to finish your tasks within the first deadlines.

3. If you must copy from others, try to learn how the code works because, you may need them for quiz, projects and life.
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by kaylardz(m): 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2022
webizone:

1. Join your WhatsApp group where your cohort are. That the biggest and number one thing that helped me on my journey.

2. Always endeavour to finish your tasks within the first deadlines.

3. If you must copy from others, try to learn how the code works because, you may need them for quiz, projects and life.
Thanks, how do I join the WhatsApp group? Do you have d link??
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by webizone(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2022
kaylardz:

Thanks, how do I join the WhatsApp group? Do you have d link??

Your cohort members will have, or you guys create one if none is available.
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by kaylardz(m): 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2022
webizone:

Your cohort members will have, or you guys create one if none is available.
How do I know my cohort members. Sorry I asked many questions
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by webizone(m): 2:01am On Aug 08, 2022
kaylardz:

How do I know my cohort members. Sorry I asked many questions

Just relax, you will get it.
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by Emnyte(m): 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2022
RubiesBanking:
If you ever need to download these courses free,

For cybersecurity courses like CEH, OSCP, ejpt v2, SANS, hacking, digital forensics and the rest check this site

check hide01.ir

For anything related to udemy, masterclass, udacity, you can find courses to download free including project files here

tutflix.org
Downloadly.ir

To download any paid ebook of your choice for free, if you can't get it anywhere...you will surely find it on this site

https://z-lib.org/

If he's going for software development or programming in general, he should make sure he does these courses.
CS50X by havard
CS50p for Web Development

The way these cs50 courses are structure, it'll break your brain all together with very difficult coding assignment, but you'll never be the same if you complete them.

You might not get any certificate, but you get to have access to these courses free if you don't have the ability to pay for them.
thanks so much. You are a very generous fellow gifted with a large and beautiful heart. I can't thank you enough. I sent you a pm
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by RubiesBanking: 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
Emnyte:
thanks so much. You are a very generous fellow gifted with a large and beautiful heart. I can't thank you enough. I sent you a pm

Hi, just a whatsapp number will do.
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by Emnyte(m): 1:23am On Aug 10, 2022
RubiesBanking:

Hi, just a whatsapp number will do.
thanks 08107805469
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by nairatony(m): 4:11am On Aug 10, 2022
How will you say that this course is 80k. i just check now(10th-Aug-2022), the price is $450 for outright payment oh.
TIDDOLL:

I just paid for a course with UTIVA myself, Data Analytics fast track course, 80k for 8weeks...i'm positive it will be money well spent.

Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by TIDDOLL(m): 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2022
nairatony:
How will you say that this course is 80k. i just check now(10th-Aug-2022), the price is $450 for outright payment oh.
Well, I paid 80k for the Data Analytics August Cohort.
And classes started already.

You checked for the "Data Science fellowship" course and not the "Data Analytics" fast track course..

They are different.
Re: How lucrative are IT courses? by Bmuhd4smile: 12:01pm On Mar 20
TIDDOLL:

Hi Bro,

what is your review of utiva? I am about to pay but i need your review pls.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salary Earners: How Far Did Last Month Salary Take You This Month? / PHCN Worker Electrocuted At Alagbaka, Akure, Ondo State / 13 Photos That Describe The Stages Of Pay Day You Have Surely Experienced Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.