Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Is It Okay For A Christian To Work In A Brewery? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For A Christian To Work In A Brewery? (1510 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? / Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay For A Christian To Work In A Brewery? by Iytech(m): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2011
Hello everybody,
My cousin who has been job-hunting for the past 4years after graduation and NYSC recently got his appointment letter in a brewery company. He scaled through the aptitude test and interview stages before receiving this letter but he is now having a rethink whether to take up this job because he doesn't really know if it is okay for a born-again christian like himself to work in a brewery. He asked me but i could give him a good answer. Pls I need good responses on this issue & scriptural backings if possible. Thanks
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Work In A Brewery? by obowunmi(m): 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2011
Look, we have had a conversation on this before ---- take the job, you need the money. Its not a big deal. I'm sure that the church will appreciate his tithes and offerings.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Work In A Brewery? by Sicherheit(m): 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2011
Can Christian Work In Brewery?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-704989.0.html

Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-10717.0.html
Please Help! Is It Right For A Christian To Work In Brewery Company

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-270843.0.html

Should Christian Work In A Brewery
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-172120.0.html

Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-297183.0.html
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Work In A Brewery? by obowunmi(m): 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^ Thx Bro!  smiley smiley
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Work In A Brewery? by Iytech(m): 8:36am On Aug 03, 2011
Thanx sicherheit. I 've gotten a broader perspective now after going thru d previous threads.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Work In A Brewery? by Image123(m): 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2011
So he didn't know when he was applying and doing interviews and tests that it was a brewery? Now he needs the people's consent since he can't get his conscience.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Work In A Brewery? by God2man(m): 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2011
PROVERB 23:29-35"Who hath woe? Who hath sorrow?who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine. Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his color in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things. Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and i was not sick; they have beaten me, and i felt it not: when shall i awake? i will seek it yet again. PROVERB 31:6" Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts." i am replying this post with pain in my heart. Having gone through all the previous threads since 2006 till date. i ponder over it with these questions: can God contradict himself? is there unrighteousness with God? GOD FORBID.The problem with people is that they find it difficult to discern between good and bad. i cannot imagine the continue production of something that has destroyed homes, lives and property. Alcohol has caused various accidents on our road. Many children have become orphan, various women have become widow unexpectedly. Pls, read
: A brilliant boy in the university asked his dad this question that: is it good for him to take alcohol? His dad decided to ask the pastor, the pastor said it is not bad, the boy can be taking it little by little. So, the boy started little by little until he became a drunkard. The brilliant boy became a dullard, his grade went down drastically. One day the so called pastor was preaching in the church, the stood up and confronted the pastor openly: "you are a wicked pastor, you said my son should be taking it gradually. Look at what you have done". Let us not read the scripture to suit our taste, but rather, we should find out like the people of berea in the blble whether these things are really true or not. For example: Jesus turned water to wine, Paul told timothy to take wine mixed with water. What people failed to know is that, WINE, WINE, WINE in the bible do not have the same meaning, it has different meanings( PLS CHECK DAKE ANNOTATED REFRENCED BIBLE FOR GOOD DEFNITIONS). As a christian you are suppose to be the light and salt of the earth. You are a soulwinner. Do not allow your light to become darknes and your salt to become bitter. God will provide a better job. DO NOT WORK IN A BREWERY. God bless you.God2man

(1) (Reply)

Christians Make Terrible Husbands / Is God The Problem Of Nigeria? / KENYA Holds 2 Days National Repentance Revival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.