Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono (54337 Views)

As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup / Son Surprises Okra-Seller Mom With Birthday Serenade At Lagos Market (Video) / My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Confirmedzombie: 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2022
Some people just do I too know to much. What's wrong with her soup or presentation. She never forced anyone to view or comment on her thread.

This is the kind of lady many sensible men will want to marry.

Imagine cooking a soup with 1700.

Is better to waka and pass than spewing rubbish here .

OP just ignore the brainwashed IPOB pigs and enjoy your food jare

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2022
sirchim:
Don't mind them, you did a good job there.

I hate lies. Please, always tell people the truth when you can. What nonsense good job is that?
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
Confirmedzombie:
Some people just do I too know to much. What's wrong with her soup or presentation. She never forced anyone to view or comment on her thread.

This is the kind of lady many sensible men will want to marry.

Imagine cooking a soup with 1700.

Is better to waka and pass than spewing rubbish here .

OP just ignore the brainwashed IPOB pigs and enjoy your food jare

Is that a virtue? grin

To cook with 1700 naira?
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Mercury12(m): 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1

Naso some people dey trash talk anyhow for nairaland.

No mind dem haters

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2022
whitemand4:

Best response. In their head, they think everything they know should be the standard for others. People that invented different cooking methods only gave it a try in those days. They are not perfect. What stops you from being dynamic in your own way. In early 2000 we have 3310 now we have smartphones that's life. For me I like my swallows to very very hard, if u give me soft swallow I won't collect it.. that's me ! It doesn't mean I should hate people who prepares their swallows very soft or think they are amateur. What's so difficult in saying Weldon! That's the problem inherent in black genes.

Kudos to you jor.... Infact I'm salivating

My brother, I Taya for them here o.

Thank you Jare. At least people like you will encourage me to keep doing my thing in my own little way for now

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by VenumX: 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
Na meat stock be the Koko.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by marvel2011(m): 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:
Okra
Meat
Pomo
Ogbono
Bitter leaf
Uziza seeds
Uziza leaves
Fresh pepper
Opei
Crayfish
Oil
Ground Pepper

I pounded the uziza seed and added to the meat and pomo. I then added seasoning cubes with little water to simmer before addingmore water to cook it.

I then dissolved the opei with hot meat water and added to the boiling meat.
Dissolved the ogbono with oil and added the boiling meat stock. Let it done. Added bitter leaf at this stage.

I let the bitter leaf for a few secs and added the grated/, chopped okra, stired before finally adding the uziza leaves and brought it down immediately.

Last pics.
I turned my lafun lesekese and dished as e dey hot cheesy.

Lafun and bitter leaf okra soup ready and served.
1,700 naira? This must be during president Johnathan's regime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by mariahAngel(f): 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

I hate lies. Please, always tell people the truth when you can. What nonsense good job is that?

Uyai, leave Channah alone.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Lexusgs430: 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2022
That swallow get too much koko....... wink

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by izibili44: 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2022
Malory:
Your husband is really in bondage.
na talk be this.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 6:46pm On Aug 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
Vomit! Is this how okra soup looks like in your village? If you were a food vendor, you for lose customers mehn. Go and take cooking lessons from scratch. You still need a lot of grooming. See your swallow, not well done.

I wonder the MOD that pushes this attention-seeking girl's threads to the front page. No quality content, just unappealing food pictures and rash comments. Nothing else. I won't eat that even if I was starved for one week. Abeg, madam, go learn how to present and cook great meals. Nonsense!

Lalasticlala
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Otuegbe: 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:
More pics of my sweet okra and ogbono soup.

just the way I like my draw soup. I

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

Lalasti.clala

What will he do? grin

Oh, he will ban me for telling you the truth?

Madam, read my lips, GO AND LEARN HOW TO COOK. grin embarassed

Stop posting poison for us in the name of cooking. See how watery the okra is. Don't you know your Okra isn't supposed to be very done? I don't even know if it's water you cooked or palm oil.

You aren't qualified to post meals here. Omo, just come lemme give you basic lessons. Even my 13-year-old at home will school you to intermediate level, then I can take the rest to expert level. Abeg, get out. undecided

Ordinary lafun, you cannot turn.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by xaggar(m): 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2022
Tosin9119:

What's wrong with this one? So, because the soup costs 1,700, it has to look unappealing to the sight? You are a bad person. I don't pray to have your type as a friend or acquittance. it's people like you who don't tell their friends the truth. Always supporting rubbish when it's glaring that it's rubbish. For your information, a food doesn't have to cost an arm before it looks appealing to the sight. If she wasn't posting online for people to see, that's fine, she can decide to make it look anyhow she feels like, but since she is posting it online for her readers to see and comment, then she owes us a proper food presentation.

Shut up!

Just Shut up!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Goalnaldo(m): 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2022
Malory:
Your husband is really in bondage.
In real life women are known to be the bad mouthed gender but in nairaland here, the reverse is the case. I don't know whether to laugh or vex.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Mercury12(m): 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

What will he do? grin

Oh, he will ban me for telling you the truth?

Madam, read my lips, GO AND LEARN HOW TO COOK. grin embarassed

Stop posting poison for us in the name of cooking. See how watery the okra is. Don't you know your Okra isn't supposed to be very done? I don't even know if it's water you cooked or palm oil.

You aren't qualified to post meals here. Omo, just come lemme give you basic lessons. Even my 13-year-old at home will school you to intermediate level, then I can take the rest to expert level. Abeg, get out. undecided

Ordinary lafun, you cannot turn.

Aunty rest.
Post your cooking make we see too.
Nawa o

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
Harmlesspill:
But earnestly the food is not looking bad.
Not every okra soup is thick.
I'm already salivating.
I like how the soup look......

Thanks dear. They want everybody to like what they like and cook exactly like them which is not possible. Let them rant.

As for me, I like this particular kind of soup in this consistency.

Otuegbe:
just the way I like my draw soup. I
Thanks.

Mercury12:
Channah1

Naso some people dey trash talk anyhow for nairaland.

No mind dem haters

My dear hmmm... Thank you o.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by sabreal: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
which shrine will take this sacrifice?

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by bonnyhope: 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:
Okra
Meat
Pomo
Ogbono
Bitter leaf
Uziza seeds
Uziza leaves
Fresh pepper
Opei
Crayfish
Oil
Ground Pepper

I pounded the uziza seed and added to the meat and pomo. I then added seasoning cubes with little water to simmer before addingmore water to cook it.

I then dissolved the opei with hot meat water and added to the boiling meat.
Dissolved the ogbono with oil and added the boiling meat stock. Let it done. Added bitter leaf at this stage.

I let the bitter leaf for a few secs and added the grated/, chopped okra, stired before finally adding the uziza leaves and brought it down immediately.

Last pics.
I turned my lafun lesekese and dished as e dey hot cheesy.

Lafun and bitter leaf okra soup ready and served.

You no sabi cook

You can't be my wife

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Moneyboyz: 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2022
Submit your application letter, let's reason your matter for marriage.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Bankowner: 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2022
Let anyone who feels they can cook better open a YouTube channel and post videos of the delicacies they cook and not condemn other people's effort.

The problem with the black man is simply superfluous. It is not needed.

@channah: Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
deji17:
Only in Nigeria would you have such sumptuous meal, very rich in vital minerals for roughly $2.

Yes it's possible.
marvel2011:
1,700 naira? This must be during president Johnathan's regime

Lol.. it's in this current regime o. Na management soup.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by mariahAngel(f): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

Never be discouraged.
Keep doing what you're doing.
Trust me, you've got way more fans than foes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Mayflowa(m): 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

Draw soup is not supposed to be thick for the viscosity to really come alive.

You don't know how to cook come and learn.

I hope you have a youtube channel? That channel will fetch you a lot of money. Please give me the link so I can learn

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by zionstaar75: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2022
slickbak:
Watery
the okra wasn't enough but u can't say its watery,cook yours and paste it here

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
Next time, try add yoghurt, cheese and lime.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
socialjustice93:
The low budget soup still looks yummy, you tried jare but let me advise you small, since you're always posting your dishes on public space, try to get new plates, it won't cost you more than 2k to buy four breakable plates the flat one and the bowl for dishing your meals, it makes the final presentation more neater and inviting.. your cooking skills are nice na just the plates i no like.

Ok o. I go buy plates when nairaland contribute money give me. Shebi na una wan see new plate lol... grin cheesy i'm joking o. tongue.

mariahAngel:

Never be discouraged.
Keep doing what you're doing.
Trust me, you've got way more fans than foes.

Ok Ma'am.
Thanks a lot

Bankowner:
Let anyone who feels they can cook better open a YouTube channel and post videos of the delicacies they cook and not condemn other people's effort.

The problem with the black man is simply superfluous. It is not needed.

@channah: Thank you for sharing.

Awwnnn so sweet. Thanks you Soo much! I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2022
Mayflowa:

I hope you have a youtube channel? That channel will fetch you a lot of money. Please give me the link so I can learn

Not yet. still trying to put one or two things in place. Would definitely let you know when I start.

Thanks dear.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

The pictures may be amateurish, but not "crappy".

If we wait until when we have it all, we may never start.
Believe it or not, I've learnt a lot through her posts.

Do you know that her posts generate more views and engagements on the food section more than any other?
You know why? She has the most audience because her posts are mostly simple and more relatable to an average Nigerian. And they're majority.

I'm working on writing a recipe book, and her posts have inspired me on what audience to target. To write for.

I'd say she doesn't need to change much on her style, but with time, she'd get better (in her own time and way).

Shut up your dirty mouth there. Why you no talk to your igbo brother Zonefree that rubbished the girl first. Biased tribalistic thing
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Sleekfingers: 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2022
Zonefree:

Mercychen is not yet married. I believe she will change her cooking pattern when she marry. How can a sane woman cook soup without stockfish?

Na everybody dey eat stock fish abi? I don't like the smell. Any food containing stock fish, I can never eat it.
And lastly, cooking food is about creativity and experimentation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by ComeToJesus: 7:15pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

I wonder why you are stressing yourself over this issue of presentation and photography.
Yes, I know I post trash and crappy pictures but then I don't remember pressing any force button asking anyone to click or view. If you like you view otherwise take a walk instead of coming here to sound like I submitted a project on your table to mark or score for me.

Only a dumb person will be posting Thier food pics with thoughts that other people don't cook and eat in their houses. So, I wonder where you got that notion from. Grow up.

Live and let others live

Why are you seemingly irascible with people's opinion about your food and presentation?

You should know that people view things from different perspectives. No one knows it all. We keep learning and improving.

Don't get personal with the different angles of comments. If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you, you may not get to your destination on time.

Constructive criticism is invaluable.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by brandsoncharlie: 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

You no even Sabi make Eba, please hide yourself if you’re a lady.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. / Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / Marriage List Of Items In Imo Presented To Prospective Groom From Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.