Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:16 PM

Mere Attraction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mere Attraction (781 Views)

The Law Of Attraction Will Attract Anything That You Mostly Think About / Magical Attraction (A Romance Suspense Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Forbidden Attraction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mere Attraction by OluwabukolaRuth(f): 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
The recent massacre happened at a Catholic cathedral, killing 40 people. And more Catholic priests were kidnapped within a month. A deep sigh from me amplified my relief. But I knew even that was temporary. I was part of an almost-extinct group of people.

I wore my chiffon cape on my plain black T-shirt. The cape, recently in fashion, hid my bulging tummy. I smiled at what I saw in the mirror. Walking out of my room, I find Mother and Lavender also dressed up for church. Going to church was dangerous, but even if I were to die there, I'd do it like some rich Lagos Aunty.

But reality came after a thirty minutes drive. We met a long queue of cars at the church gate. A strained look decorated our powdered faces, speaking volumes of the fear banging hard against our chests. We watched cars get checked by the stern security guys before entry into our two-acre mega church. Looking away, I caught sight of one of the hefty soldiers from the military sauntering near our car, his long gun hoisted on his shoulder. His dark face reminded me of one of the scary stories that made up their reputation.

And just then, an unusual sight caught my attention. It was a beardless fresh guy with oily skin in a black suit. He had his afro hair up like those who played musical instruments in church. His chocolate complexion screamed “Miri's style!” My eyes followed the eye-candy who walked smartly in his neatly pressed trousers.

“My Sunday is made,” I murmured, smiling while the queue got to our turn. Lavender got out of the car to open the car's boot, so the security guys could check if we had a human head or some toy guns. Eye candy, aka EC, or rather Eecey walked ahead of us. And that was when my eyes caught the strange-looking briefcase he held unto just as he passed by the gate. An alarm rang in my head, “The briefcase!” it screamed. Guys here carried bags to church, not suitcases.

Continue reading @ https://www.biopage.com/post/mere-attraction-the-perks-of-writing

Please like and comment, thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Mere Attraction by Olaiyadoam(m): 6:09am On Aug 04, 2022
Thriller, Action, Tragi-Comedy... still battling in my head to tag your story, whatever it is, i believe you've got the best coming...

Thanks in Advance, Leo's with you here.
♌��

1 Like

Re: Mere Attraction by OluwabukolaRuth(f): 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2022
����Thanks for reading through. Glad you saw through the story.

1 Like

Re: Mere Attraction by Dybala11(m): 10:25am On Aug 07, 2022
I'm with you OP. More updates.

1 Like

Re: Mere Attraction by OluwabukolaRuth(f): 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2022
Dybala11:
I'm with you OP. More updates.

Thanks �
Re: Mere Attraction by OluwabukolaRuth(f): 11:20am On Aug 08, 2022
OluwabukolaRuth:
The recent massacre happened at a Catholic cathedral, killing 40 people. And more Catholic priests were kidnapped within a month. A deep sigh from me amplified my relief. But I knew even that was temporary. I was part of an almost-extinct group of people.

I wore my chiffon cape on my plain black T-shirt. The cape, recently in fashion, hid my bulging tummy. I smiled at what I saw in the mirror. Walking out of my room, I find Mother and Lavender also dressed up for church. Going to church was dangerous, but even if I were to die there, I'd do it like some rich Lagos Aunty.

But reality came after a thirty minutes drive. We met a long queue of cars at the church gate. A strained look decorated our powdered faces, speaking volumes of the fear banging hard against our chests. We watched cars get checked by the stern security guys before entry into our two-acre mega church. Looking away, I caught sight of one of the hefty soldiers from the military sauntering near our car, his long gun hoisted on his shoulder. His dark face reminded me of one of the scary stories that made up their reputation.

And just then, an unusual sight caught my attention. It was a beardless fresh guy with oily skin in a black suit. He had his afro hair up like those who played musical instruments in church. His chocolate complexion screamed “Miri's style!” My eyes followed the eye-candy who walked smartly in his neatly pressed trousers.

“My Sunday is made,” I murmured, smiling while the queue got to our turn. Lavender got out of the car to open the car's boot, so the security guys could check if we had a human head or some toy guns. Eye candy, aka EC, or rather Eecey walked ahead of us. And that was when my eyes caught the strange-looking briefcase he held unto just as he passed by the gate. An alarm rang in my head, “The briefcase!” it screamed. Guys here carried bags to church, not suitcases.

Continue reading @ https://www.biopage.com/post/mere-attraction-the-perks-of-writing

Please like and comment, thank you.

Don't forget, the link to the rest of the story is here
https://www.biopage.com/post/mere-attraction-the-perks-of-writing

1 Like

Re: Mere Attraction by Dybala11(m): 3:33am On Aug 12, 2022
OluwabukolaRuth:

Thanks �
You're welcome.

(1) (Reply)

The Broken Road - The Story Of A Man's Life At Its End / What Can Be Done About Being Nigerian? / I love nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.