Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara (26020 Views)

20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k / Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by NaijaCover(m): 8:52am On Aug 04, 2022
A 17-year-old student of Offa Grammar School, Offa Local Government Area of Kwara State, Adegoke Adeyemi, has reportedly committed suicide as a result of his failure to pass his promotion examination from SS1 to SS2.

Adegoke, who was found hanging on a tree, was asked to repeat the class, according to the state Police Command’s Public Relations Officer, Okasanmi Ajayi, who confirmed the development in a statement in Ilorin on Wednesday night.

He said the corpse of the deceased student was removed from a tree behind Ariya Garden Hotel, Offa, by a team of policemen from the Divisional Police Headquarters, Offa, at about 15.34hours on Tuesday.

The corpse was taken to the Offa General Hospital for autopsy, while an investigation has been launched into the matter.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/03/17-year-old-student-allegedly-commits-suicide-over-failure-to-pass-promotional-exam-in-kwara/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by thesicilian: 8:54am On Aug 04, 2022
Probably too much pressure to succeed from the parents

122 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Blackdeewhy(m): 8:55am On Aug 04, 2022
This is bad...

4 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by NaijaCover(m): 8:57am On Aug 04, 2022
Blackdeewhy:
This is bad...

See More Bad News Via www.. Com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Jennyclay(f): 9:00am On Aug 04, 2022
No matter what you're going through in life, please suicide is never an option.

RIP to the deceased cry

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Candidlady: 9:02am On Aug 04, 2022
One down many more to go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Umsworld: 9:03am On Aug 04, 2022
Too bad cry

A 27-year-old student of Offa Grammar School, Offa Local Government Area of Kwara State, Adegoke Adeyemi, has reportedly committed suicide as a result of his failure to pass his promotion examination from SS1 to SS2.

School doesn't guarantee SUCCESS,School(formal education)is not for all.know your area of comparative advantage and develop(gain communication skills and move)

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Kollins11: 9:04am On Aug 04, 2022
Damn niggar
R.I.P young lad

When will some people understand that the fact you failed in a school examination doesn't mean you're gonna fail outside the real world. Some people who came out successfully in their exams while in school aren't even using their certificates to work Today.

I'm a graduate in Electrical engineering, I spent 5 years in the university but today I'm not using my certificate to work. Na yahoo I dey do.. It's been 7 years I haven't set my eyes on my certificate not to talk of using it to work.

Let me drink my scuuchi in peace, because I cannot come and kill myself.

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Sarsaproko: 9:05am On Aug 04, 2022
Chai!
Na wa o...
Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by eedimo(m): 9:05am On Aug 04, 2022
The reason why i don't put too much pressure on my kids.
My dad almost pushed me to this boy's state.

Sometimes you need to constantly evaluate your kids emotionally and psychologically before giving them task.
Mbok I no born pikin because of school.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by boldking(m): 9:06am On Aug 04, 2022
They will tell you Lagos is working, like working from where to where ? Can someone tell me what Sanwo Olu is doing? These people are working for TINUBU

The Rich(TINUBU) are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer

6 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by sheDD(m): 9:06am On Aug 04, 2022
What gave a 17yrs old that commiting suicide is a key to covering shame for exans failures undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Solidkay(m): 9:06am On Aug 04, 2022
The parents

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by jaxxy(m): 9:06am On Aug 04, 2022
Parents need to know how to encourage children rather than put more pressurein them. I remember when I wasn't doing well in my mid secondary school days and the pressure was much from my folks I felt like ending it, the shame and embarrassment of failing school exams. I repeated ss1, imagine that? I just didn't know how. It gives me shivers when I think back to those days bt I later finished with very good grades and passed my waec with one sitting easy like magic.

Everybody needs support and encouragement. Failing doesn't mean u are failure No, u can still turn urself around.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by cyndy1000(f): 9:06am On Aug 04, 2022
Omo!!
Suicide is never an option but sometimes people can’t control their emotions and how they feel at given moment. Hence, some wants to end it all by all means.
Guidance counselor is essential and should be made mandatory in every school, especially secondary schools. Parents and other significant adults should endeavor to be at every given moment of their wards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by GamalNasser: 9:06am On Aug 04, 2022
Thoroughly brainwashed by his failed parents

13 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Shollyjay90(m): 9:07am On Aug 04, 2022
Failure is not the end of life, after every failure, success lies ahead.

Keep pushing and don't stop praying.

7 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by TheZeezle(m): 9:07am On Aug 04, 2022
Candidlady:
One down many more to go

See reasonable Nigerian. Dumbass

8 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Zchi1052(m): 9:08am On Aug 04, 2022
He's got a mental issues
Although those days we used to be so scared or ashamed of failing exam
Couldn't even stand it then but not to extent of taking one's life
Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:08am On Aug 04, 2022
RIPP
Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 04, 2022
boldking:
They will tell you Lagos is working, like working from where to where ? Can someone tell me what Sanwo Olu is doing? These people are working for TINUBU

The Rich(TINUBU) are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer

Wetin bring Lagos for Kwara matter?

3 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Farid24224(m): 9:08am On Aug 04, 2022
I think am next.
Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Kingpele(m): 9:09am On Aug 04, 2022
Terrible, too much pressure from his people and depression contributed to this unfortunate death, plus ignorance of spiritual reality of God's judgment..parents should take it easy on their wards ..learn your child's skills and abilities, guide them into it instead of forcing them to be what u want them to be.. when I was very young my greatest talent was football ,I was a very skillful footballer around this same age bracket with this boy .offers came for me to travel to Europe to join a football club ,but my dad stopped me and threatened to disown me if I didn't quit football..unfortunately I had to quit and entered university.though am still ok but whenever I remembered the kind of money I should have had if I went professional with football, I got angry with my dad..most of guys from rich homes suffer this kind of thing..I remember my dad telling me, how can I tell my friends that my first born is playing football..he was talking about his ego against my God given talent...finally if u want to kill yourself believe me if u succeed in it ,what u will suffer on the other side of eternity will make u regret killing yourself..u didn't create yourself so u have no power to kill yourself..before God is murder (self murderer).

3 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by Mindlog: 9:09am On Aug 04, 2022
Sad.
Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by seeker121(m): 9:09am On Aug 04, 2022
How is this related Kai you need deliverance.
Re: 17-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide Over Failure To Pass Exam In Kwara by VladimirPutiin(m): 9:09am On Aug 04, 2022
embarassed
If only someone had spoken to this lad earlier on, this wouldn’t have happened

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilarious Nicknames Given To You When You Were In Secondary School / ASUU Calls Off Strike Today! / Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.