Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,683 members, 7,801,966 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos (26144 Views)

Temple Hill Supermarket Gutted By Fire (video) / Ebeano Supermarket In Abuja Is On Fire (Video) / Fire Razes Down Shops In Ikotun, Betterlife Ijora Markets(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Mandate2023: 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2022
Werey ppl will come and still mention tinubu like dis

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Jeposky(m): 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2022
Bashoruntolu:
Just remove Buhari, all this negativities will give way

your mumu no too much?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Johnrake69: 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2022
Sad... Hopefully they have insurance cover
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Chineduokeanwu(m): 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2022
That's very close to my house. I shop there almost everyday. So sad

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Segzy19: 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2022
Even if they don't employ safety officers, they can get a good one to inspect or audit their safety provisions on a regular basis; say monthly or even quarterly. Of course, the best approach would be to train one of their permanent and reliable staff in safety..

Most likely NEPA brought light and some of their appliances triggered. A safety personnel could have advised them on the right installations like ECB, anti-power surge for different appliances that they usually put on overnight (refrigerator for frozen food, AC for some items too etc).

Now this is a costly accident with hundreds of millions burnt down. I hope they are properly insured

900warriorz:
What's with all these big supermarkets not taking safety precautions?

Same way we lost Ebeano Supermarket and Next Cash and Carry in Abuja. Althought those ones were obvious sabotages.

Nawa o...employ HSE officer, una no go hear, train safety officers, no way

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by ZUBY77(m): 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2022
I thought it's only in Enugu that you can't get water. Hatred filled generation.

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by eagleu: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
Are you sure they paid Iyaloja's fee?
Nothing pass Tinubu crime family.

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by MamaletASO: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2022
This is sad!

A discounted Mall for that matter..

I sniff hatred. The nearest Mall owners should be investigated...

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Jamesbiodun(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2022
Chai angry what a loss
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2022
Chijeep:

Just imagine the badluck and calamity Buhari is bringing Nigeria!

Lol what has Buhari got to do with this na....
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Enyimbamercedes: 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2022
Ebeano, Next and not this one

One common denominator was lack of fire fighting capability to tackle the fire

Big stores need to invest in automated fire suppression systems around their stores so they don’t rely on the fire service or availability of water.

Unfortunate
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Kobicove(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2022
So someone's investment just went to zero...just like that sad
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by King3urna(m): 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2022
eliza4real:
Goods worth millions of naira was burt as fire razes down Temple Hill supermarket in Festac, Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZKs1HMSyXE

According to information gathered , The fire started at about 11:50pm on Wednesday 3rd August 2022. ⁣Luckily many persons were able to escape from the building when the fire started.⁣ ⁣ The fire was said to have started from the back of the building and rapidly spread to the entire building from the top floor and razed down to the ground floor destroying goods and monies worth close to a billion naira.

Good people of the community came out enmasse to help salvage some goods from the ground floor. ⁣ The fire was a raging one, while trying to curb the situation the Fire Fighters ran out of supply.

The FTRA President, Mr Shola Fakorede and other residents were at the scene and they tried getting alternative means to get water from the water suppliers in Festac. ⁣ Unfortunately water wasn’t able to be gotten from branca and sylko who are water vendors in the estate as at the time of the fire

Temple Hill Supermarket is known to be a major go to shopping place for residents and even visitors and they are a major FMG Business in the community. ⁣ ⁣ As at the time of this report, no casualties had been recorded. Asides from the Fire Fighters , Security agencies were on ground. ⁣ ⁣ ⁣ According to a source the fire was caused by an electrical failure ⁣which occurred when power was restored

https://festaconline.com.ng/popular-supermarket-razed-by-fire/

Was there live my hood
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Chijeep(m): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
Jozibrainz99:

Lol what has Buhari got to do with this na....
If you ask me na who I go ask
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by FireUpNow(m): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2022
I feel for the owner/owners in this hard time but it's insures no problem.. fire fighters in Nigeria and no water issue is as constant as the northern start
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by omasco922: 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2022
Jalinspy:
If it's in a country where things are working, the fire service department will be able to put off the fire within limited time. But naija is a curse.
My daily prayers is that Nigeria should never happen to my loved ones and those with progressive minds.
Thank God I have escaped.
The curse has been released by the "Olu of Warri". And this is the reason why Nigeria must be Obedient come 2023.
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by omasco922: 1:35pm On Aug 04, 2022
Chijeep:

Just imagine the badluck and calamity Buhari is bringing Nigeria!
The curse has been released by the "Olu of Warri". And this is the reason why Nigeria must be Obedient come 2023.

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by omasco922: 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2022
sotall:
lipsrsealed

Too bad! Even in this Buhari economy
Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by gassbee: 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
GloriousGbola:
Na real wa. I am wondering what exactly happened. I shop at this place all the time.
which particularly part of festsc is dat
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Passionate1(m): 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2022
Bashoruntolu:
Just remove Buhari, all this negativities will give way

Murder go make sense.
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by BirtherOfKings(f): 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2022
shocked shocked I pray they have insurance to help get money back for all this.

Biz owners, lift up your business to GOD cos u can't be there 24/7

Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by majamajic(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2022
The fire fighters sef na inexperience guys too
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by majamajic(m): 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
shocked shocked I pray they have insurance to help get money back for all this.

Biz owners, lift up your business to GOD cos u can't be there 24/7

U think say na every fire incident insurance go cover for u ? They will investigate first , wetin cause the fire first , they fit no pay shi shi at the end
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Revolva(m): 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2022
I know dis supermarket

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Walealoba(m): 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2022
GloriousGbola:
Na real wa. I am wondering what exactly happened. I shop at this place all the time.

sir please check my signature i beg help a brother
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Angrygoat: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2022
Faulty ac,socket. Main culprit
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Backpedal: 2:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
ZUBY77:
I thought it's only in Enugu that you can't get water. Hatred filled generation.
What does this comment have to do with the topic of discussion ?
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by lovchalice(f): 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2022
Chai Temple hill
A whole two storey building supermarket
What a loss
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Popepraiz: 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2022
This is where I work. It was a sad experience.
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Popepraiz: 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2022
FireUpNow:
I feel for the owner/owners in this hard time but it's insures no problem.. fire fighters in Nigeria and no water issue is as constant as the northern start
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Popepraiz: 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2022
majamajic:

U think say na every fire incident insurance go cover for u ? They will investigate first , wetin cause the fire first , they fit no pay shi shi at the end
it wasn't insured.
Re: Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos by Popepraiz: 2:12pm On Aug 04, 2022
FireUpNow:
it wasn't insured. Funny enough d fire service came with an empty truck

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution / Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens / Skye Bank Customers Don't Panic - 10 Things To Know About Skye Bank Takeover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.