Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Nigerian Politics & Progress - Which Way Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Politics & Progress - Which Way Nigerians? (702 Views)

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria / The Way Nigerians Insult Their Country! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Politics & Progress - Which Way Nigerians? by CyberG: 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2011
Fellow Nigerians, brothers and sisters:

With the way Nigerian polity is being marred and defined by corruption, tribalism and ethnic bigotry, I ask: When will Nigeria be liberated? When will Nigerians come to realize that one of the most important reasons that America and some other countries are so advanced and progressive is that they care more about your performance, intelligence, your records of achievement and undying love for their countries! When will Nigerians wake-up? All the Nigerians that do us proud at the highest levels in Engineering, Science, Technology, Arts and Humanities in foreign countries get such opportunities because those countries would not care if you are black or green so far as the very best that is available! I can say this with all confidence because I have been one of the most privileged to be in the most advanced field of technology of today and the future and beat every other person from all over the world to land this position! Guess what: everything is paid for but not because they liked my face/skin color -- their own also competed! I have worked with people from everywhere: Russia, US, Canada, China, India, Bangladeh, Pakistan, Mexico - when will you foolish Nigerians stop cutting off your nose to spite your tribalistic faces and poisonous hearts? When will you rise above race and tribe?

Would it be fair to say that ONLY Nigerians who have NEVER left Nigeria or just crossed the border to a different country still have race and tribe as their only motivation and driving force in life? My friends here are from everywhere in Naija and we have vigorous debates but we never discuss tribes? One of my closest friends is from a different tribe and I never even thought about it once!

I just now ordered 3 books from my library from the comfort of my wash room and they will be waiting for me tomorrow at the library. When will Nigerians begin to think of when they will be able to do this in every part of the country? What makes it more interesting is that 2 of the books are totally Nigerian (the Civil War era), books I may have to travel from school (say Uniben) to Lagos to go and BUY! As if that is enough, I can get books from any library in any town and it will be delivered to my library for pick-up, yet Nigerians can not see they are suffering and it is to the advantage of the corrupt leadership in Nigeria that you are fighting over tribes, my race is better than yours, our house is bigger, my generator is newer, my land is closer to the water, my population is the highest in every country, my tribe should produce the next president, my tribes tax is keeping Nigeria in business, the West should join Benin Republic, Cameroun belongs to the East, the middle belt belongs to Hausas and some other tribes, and I can go on and on!!

When will you people begin to talk about progressive ideas like:
-- Your latest invention. For me, I signed off papers on a co-invented product earlier this year, how about you?
-- Android, Iphone, Blackberry, MeeGO, etc will allow you to write apps, what have you done with that?
-- You just attended a premier conference to present some novel ideas, discuss that.
-- I read and hear about weapons of the civil war era sitting at the War Museum in Abia, why hasn't anyone close to that vicinity requested permissions to photograph them, create a prototype and get permissions to advance and manufacture any of those weapons? Nigeria may not become a world power because of it but it is progress!
-- So, you are not technically gifted, well, what about a show that showcases some of those inventions? Video them, take pictures, describe them, etc for documentation sake and put it on the best TV stations in Nigeria for all to see? Don't you people watch Discovery, History and NatGeo?
-- Nigerians have a lot of stuff that could make a show in these days of Pawnathon, old relics, collections, etc, what happened to making a show about that?

Finally, you will notice that most of these ideas have technological and economic value if it is approached right and marketed well. Imagine getting your show created around something local unto History Channel down the line, how do you think countries create positive impressions and attract interest and willing foreign investment not silly governments giving up every advantage of its people and resource so that foreigners can come to make some paltry investment which would be repatriated as soon as money begins to roll in? Or, all you will be contributing to Nigeria is bilious racial hatred, jealousy, tribalism and racism? Well, when Nigeria burns because of your collective effort, I hope you get no visa from even Benin Republic talk less of America.
Re: Nigerian Politics & Progress - Which Way Nigerians? by Jenifa1: 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2011
Finally, I just now ordered 3 books from my library from the comfort of my wash room and they will be waiting for me tomorrow at the library. When will Nigerians begin to think of when they will be able to do this in every part of the country? What makes it more interesting is that 2 of the books are totally Nigerian (the Civil War era), books I may have to travel from school (say Uniben) to Lagos to go and BUY!

Plenty Nigerians do not share in the "comfort" of your washroom.
nor have time to read books when they can hardly afford to put food in front of themselves and kids.

to me a lot of conflict is caused by fight over resources. It's a catch-22 because ppl don't have time to develop themselves 'cause they're trying to take care of their basic needs(food, shelter, clothing). but if one doesn't develop himself, it is really hard to secure those essential needs.

I agree with the idea of this thread though. I hope more people read it.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Again (questions For Sss, Kgb, Etc) / I Don’t Need To Be A Dictator To Rule Nigeria -jonathan / Acn Youth Leader, 2 Others Killed In Lagos Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.