Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? (24542 Views)

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by FreeSpirited: 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
Finish it, it can give you leverage and point of experience

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Ilorisammie(m): 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
I am currently running my masters degree here in Nigeria with few months to finish before the ASUU strike came.
I have plan to use the certificate to boost my Japa plan initially. I have also invested alot of time and resources into the study.
With each day passing, I am getting really tired of Nigeria and I feel my time is been wasted.
I don't know if I should just start applying to schools abroad to start afresh or wait to finish this course in Nigeria.

To be very honest with you, I think it's better you start afresh abroad cos there are lots of opportunities over there.
Besides, our Nigerian Master's degree is not really acceptable abroad, you still have to do another program. So why not just start afresh abroad.

1 Like

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Chiedu4Trump: 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
I am currently running my masters degree here in Nigeria with few months to finish before the ASUU strike came.
I have plan to use the certificate to boost my Japa plan initially. I have also invested alot of time and resources into the study.
With each day passing, I am getting really tired of Nigeria and I feel my time is been wasted.
I don't know if I should just start applying to schools abroad to start afresh or wait to finish this course in Nigeria.
whats ur masters in 1st?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
That sounds like the best advise, while he/she is here, they should focus on building themselves intensely and making sure they have levelled up, incase it does not work as expected over there.

CaptainFM1:
Can you not finish it before going abroad?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by NigerianAngelo(m): 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
If an opportunity has opened for you I will advice you to do so.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by SalemIfeanyi1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
In the next 10 months chai!!!
Mide3367:
Wait small.. Obi will change the ASUU narrative
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by ChimexGadgets(m): 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ok

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Yoighaman(m): 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

Run the application for the foreign one, it usually takes a while. If it comes through before ASUU strike is over, then go for it, but if it doesn't, then finish the one in Nigeria and still go for the foreign one.

Best wishes.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by princewarri1985: 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
That one na small self, as for me i'm even willing to abandon my life here in Nigeria and travel abroad if i have the opportunity
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Abujaexpress: 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
Same hurdle here
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by teebuy2000: 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
No wait.... Continue to waste Ur time here. .. but which country abroad... Because nija better pass some country abroad . O
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Theo51: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ignorance! I realize that not quite long. All along I have always believed that the better scholarships are for those with 2.1 and first class so opt for Msc locally to upgrade and Japa with a scholarship to reduce financial burden na my target. Even if nobi full scholarship.

Ebdumi:

2.2 you will still get admission and scholarship man
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by remigiusizunna(m): 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
My brother, it's even better for you to japa oo, even if it is to Niger republic.
You see this country ee, I pity anyone who thinks it will get better.
Obi will only do his best when he becomes president but a lot of irredeemable damages has been done.

1 Like

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by mokt(m): 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

Hope you know you will still need transcripts from you Masters in Nigeria to enroll for a Masters outside 9ja? School s are on strike and how are you gonna get these transcripts . Only if you intend to forget about you 9ja masters completely 100%

1 Like

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by FunnyDude(m): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
Japa
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Yoighaman(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
Theo51:
Ignorance! I realize that not quite long. All along I have always believed that the better scholarships are for those with 2.1 and first class so opt for Msc locally to upgrade and Japa with a scholarship to reduce financial burden na my target. Even if nobi full scholarship.

What exactly is your point?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by paradigmshift(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
Cam someone jakpa with ND result?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 05, 2022
Yes abandon it and Japa will be my opinion. On the other hand, pray for guidance.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
qwertyboss:

Same thing here, I enrolled for my MSc program and I have to reject three job offers because employer won't allow me to combine work and studies and now this is the 7th months of ASUU strike, no school, no job...
Sincerely I am depressed and thinking of dropping out even if ASUU call off the strike or differ the session
maybe
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Ayansola1994(f): 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2022
Wait till they kidnapp you
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Theo51: 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2022
I mean ignorance on my part made me believe I can't get any scholarship with 2.2 not until I realized not quite long ago that is possible but then have already started an MSc.

Yoighaman:

What exactly is your point?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by GENTLETEE(m): 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
Oh yes! Why not? Please ho ahead!
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by vicfajeze: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
Mide3367:
which Obi? it means kolanut sir
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by sageb: 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

since you have less than 6 months to round up, I opine that you should finish it, get the transcript and apply for opportunities abroad.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Testy17: 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
LoveGifted:
You are lucky. You even have the money for abroad. People like me no dey reason abroad matter becos no hope. Na just Nigeria.

Right now, I dey find who will give me scholarship for Nursing School. Just got admission into a State Nursing School. Glad it's not under ASUU. Fees are close to 300K. Deadline is Friday. Minus Accomodation o. I'm just tired.

Congratulations oo! Which school of nursing is that?

Even if this first year fees are paid. How will I cope with fees of the subsequent years. May God help me.

I need a kind person to show me way.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Testy17: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
Which school of nursing is this?

quote author=Testy17 post=115411913][/quote]
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by pedrilo: 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2022
dem no suppose to telli person now
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by likefaj607: 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hdg

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Newness2019: 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
YES YES YES
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by etrouble: 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2022
Mide3367:

The village people that sent you to the guy, go and tell them that we Nairalanders say e no go better for you and them. Even Obituary's children are hiding with stolen money in Pandora.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Yoighaman(m): 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Theo51:
I mean ignorance on my part made me believe I can't get any scholarship with 2.2 not until I realized not quite long ago that is possible but then have already started an MSc.

Oh, now I understand.

You mean there are scholarships for 2.2, I am surprised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Between Chinua Achebe And Wole Soyinka, Who Has More Global Coverage ? / JAMB 2017 Examinations To Hold In May / The Star Of Africa: Racism In Schools In Finland - Mother Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.