Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:33 PM

Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 (32469 Views)

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Blackview S6 4G Phablet @ $99.99 / ₦39996 / Nokia 2 To Have A 4000mah Battery And To Cost Just $99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Ournolly: 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
tivta:

Please what MTN plan do you use and the monthly cost?

1 Like

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Ournolly: 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2022
Nteogwuija:

I was actually looking for a reliable IPTV subscription. Do you mind sharing the name?

Or if you want to be private, pls kindly send to my email suniyke4real@gmail.com.

Thanks, would gladly appreciate
Please I have nothing to do with him, so do your due diligence before committing your money.
I advice you pay via PayPal so you can easily protest and get your refund if it doesn't work out.
Also, ask for demo and test before paying.
His number - +212 604-303036
Thanks.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Ournolly: 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
Topmaike007:
give us Link Abeg no dey da Owo bo

Please I have nothing to do with him, so do your due diligence before committing your money.
I advice you pay via PayPal so you can easily protest and get your refund if it doesn't work out.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by NinjaXmetahuman: 1:51pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ournolly:

Swift doesn't offer unlimited Internet service.
The unlimited service is only available at night time and weekends and I have read very horrible reviews about their services. Besides, Swift is not available to my location.

Smile is a huge pile of trash. Hardly get 3mpbs in my location, let's not even talk about the 'unlimited' stuff with them. I purchased their router and Internet plans and can authoritatively tell you they are a huge pile of shit. Maybe my location.

I also use vsat Internet, Konnect Africa. They offer Internet services similar to Swift and can be good at times but I currently cannot understand their free night unlimited in their plans.

Mtn hynetflex is by far the fastest but they are not unlimited.
I have over 5 different routers and can tell you Internet services are piece of trash in Nigeria.

What I do with 100Mbps?
I currently get an average of 90mbps with mtn in my location and I do stream a lot in 4k resolution on Netflix and other services and sometimes 8k on YouTube.
I get about 120mb.

But my pings are way too high..
Great for streaming but the browsing expirience is still mehh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by bigbauer(m): 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
OnyeObodo:

Sir I beg to differ. Swift has high speed unlimited internet at 25k a month. I have used severally.

I have gotten speeds of up to 10mbps.

I ask again, what do we really need 4k or 8k movies for when we are not oyibo?

Are you aware that 1080 movies are super clear not to talk of 2160?

If you observe, all my talks is geared towards non wastage of funds which this star link is all about.

What they offer is already offered by Swift and MTN at a far cheaper rate. Thanks.

Starlinks is far from a waste of funds. There are people who spend over 100k monthly on data, if you live in a smart home you'll know that starlinks is a great deal. And If you've seen a 4k video on a 4k display, you will know that the world is beautiful. Make I preorder my own first.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by NinjaXmetahuman: 1:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
OnyeObodo:

Sir I beg to differ. Swift has high speed unlimited internet at 25k a month. I have used severally.

If you observe, all my talks is geared towards non wastage of funds which this star link is all about.

What they offer is already offered by Swift and MTN at a far cheaper rate. Thanks.
this is the dumbest crap I have read in the internet today.

So because we are not oyibo, we don't deserve the best life has to offer.

What manner of self inflicted stupidity garnished with inferiority complex is this?

7 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by PharmacyStore: 1:59pm On Aug 05, 2022
This is a good one
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Ournolly: 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
I get about 120mb.

But my pings are way too high..
Great for streaming but the browsing expirience is still mehh.
I sometimes get 25 - 30 ms but the ping can fluctuate from time to time.
I don't see how that will be an issue with browsing.
It's in a slow side when it comes to gaming but still very much OK on codm

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Shrimpss: 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2022
It's a welcome innovation but average Nigerian can't afford to pay 99 dollars per month for sub expect the super rich.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by NinjaXmetahuman: 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2022
SeunDAssLicker:

Lol. Mr man, Fiber works with cables to the ground, and Sub routers on the streets, powered by 24hr electricity.

No fiber company will survive Nigerias dead electricity that goes on and off, that will be the same way your Fiber goes on an off daily.

What you’re being sold is Broadband disguise MF as Fiber.

And it costs hundreds of Millions in USD to cable just the Island of Lagos with fiber, which can take up to 5years. When did this your unknown company run their cables? Where are their router points

What does your Fiberone offer you?
They lay cables..

I have used fiber one..

Do not argue what you do not know.

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by NinjaXmetahuman: 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ournolly:

I sometimes get 25 - 30 ms but the ping can fluctuate from time to time.
I don't see how that will be an issue with browsing.
It's in a slow side when it comes to gaming but still very much OK on codm
I get 190ms most of the time despite the high speed.

Will kill for 20-30ms grin
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by lwisee: 2:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
Moneyboyz:
I will be the first person to purchase if this is true. Even if it's 500 I go still buy.

You can preorder,expecting mine soon.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Tenshades(m): 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
OnyeObodo:

You guys are very funny in Nigeria and thats why oyibo dey use una mop ground.

Swift offers super unlimited internet at 25k a month. Same with Smile and Spectranet. But una penchant for anything oyibo dey kill una.

Pray tell me, what do you intend to do with a speed of 100MBPs? Are you streaming data from heaven?

I do hope you know that at 99$ a month and you have like only 1000,000 subcribers... Thats 99 million dollars leaving that country monthly? Una wan die?

Tell that bullcrap to MTN, Airtel, Glo and their likes to provide unlimited data subscription uncapped.

You're asking what someone wants to do with 100MBPs in this century?

Suffer no dey tire you?

3 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Tenshades(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ournolly:

Swift doesn't offer unlimited Internet service.
The unlimited service is only available at night time and weekends and I have read very horrible reviews about their services. Besides, Swift is not available to my location.

Smile is a huge pile of trash. Hardly get 3mpbs in my location, let's not even talk about the 'unlimited' stuff with them. I purchased their router and Internet plans and can authoritatively tell you they are a huge pile of shit. Maybe my location.

I also use vsat Internet, Konnect Africa. They offer Internet services similar to Swift and can be good at times but I currently cannot understand their free night unlimited in their plans.

Mtn hynetflex is by far the fastest but they are not unlimited.
I have over 5 different routers and can tell you Internet services are piece of trash in Nigeria.

What I do with 100Mbps?
I currently get an average of 90mbps with mtn in my location and I do stream a lot in 4k resolution on Netflix and other services and sometimes 8k on YouTube.

Leave am make he dey cap nonsense there.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ournolly:

Yes.
Samsung Q900r 65".
I wish I waited for Neo Qled to come out in the foreign used tho.

Nice. I was just curious why you would spend about 5k USD depending on the time of purchase for an 8k TV with limited 8k content.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by femiasaolu2014: 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
Will they accept Naira? This one that Emefiele and his goons have restricted spending on DOM cards to $20/month.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by otokx(m): 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
Interesting offer
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Ournolly: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
I get 190ms most of the time despite the high speed.

Will kill for 20-30ms grin
Likely congestion.
Do you use the main router?
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by meobizy(f): 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
Let them open shop so the serious-minded can join the network. This was how Netflix was a huge deal here when it was first announced. Nairalanders claimed it would make Nigerians lazy and we should rather focus on pressing issues like our failing government. Many years down the line and Netflix is commonplace here while our government is still incompetent.

Once I log on to the network na those 150 GB Call Of Duty installation files I go aim for. Thank God I’ll soon get an Xbox Series S.

3 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Tenshades(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
Dproperties:
While waiting for Starlink, I have Glo 50 Naira unlimited data cheat.

I won't release it for Free

You can browse normal and Netflix with it day and night

Lol, GLO WTF cheat with Thunder V.P.N wey don spread finish
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Ournolly: 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
Studymore123:

Nice. I was just curious why you would spend about 5k USD depending on the time of purchase for an 8k TV with limited 8k content.
No, I got it 1.1M from a friend of mine that happens to be an importer.
I actually purchased it for PS5 8k gaming but yet to have any PS 5 game of 8k resolution.

1 Like

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by raskal(m): 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
Immanuelsnr:

Lol no mind them, when some people still dey use 1500 sub for a month

Which type of people
What I think you mean is people who only read blogs or online news but for social media anything forward 1500 a month won't do the work not to even talk about YouTube or other streaming platform

One can't say I no no watin you de use the data do so can't judge you

1 Like

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Onnasucs1(m): 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2022
Nefort:

It depends on your location. For me it's just okay and I don't see any need to pay a higher subscription fee just because it's called Starlink.
it's not location bro. You probably haven't tried to do anything that requires stable and extremely fast network. I didn't realize how bad our internet service is until the day I decided to setup livestream from my computer to my website. It didn't work because of the terrible network. Mind you, i normally download with that same internet service on 5mb/second. But it still wasn't enough to setup on clear livestream service on my wordpress website

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by olatade(m): 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2022
Kajaard:

Don't mind these Nigerians that just like to show off. I have a 4K TV and I can tell you the difference between the 1080p HD resolution and the so called 4K is just minuscule.

Nigerians love talking too much and showing my off. Nonsense.

Is it an high end tv? Say an LG c2 or a sony a90 oled? I've seen the difference on high end tvs and i must say, it is very noticeable.

5 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by confluence: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
We the spread across the country, not just staying in Lagos alone
OnyeObodo:

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by raskal(m): 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2022
Bahddo:
Lol. Please there's a huge difference in picture quality between 1080p and 4K, unless your tv is small and/or you have bad eyesight.

Some of us also play games online and need fast reliable internet. If it's not for you that's fine. Don't try to make it seem no one truly needs it.

You spoke well bro wink cool
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by chaw: 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
OnyeObodo:

You guys are very funny in Nigeria and thats why oyibo dey use una mop ground.

Swift offers super unlimited internet at 25k a month. Same with Smile and Spectranet. But una penchant for anything oyibo dey kill una.

Pray tell me, what do you intend to do with a speed of 100MBPs? Are you streaming data from heaven?

I do hope you know that at 99$ a month and you have like only 1000,000 subcribers... Thats 99 million dollars leaving that country monthly? Una wan die?

If you land a remote job where it’s recommended you maintain a speed of 30-40mbps download, you go understand why you need starlink in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by raskal(m): 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
meobizy:
Let them open shop so the serious minded can join the network. This was how Netflix was a huge deal here when it was first announced. Nairalanders claimed it would make Nigerians lazy and we should rather focus on pressing issues like our failing government. Many years down the line and Netflix is commonplace here while our government is still incompetent.

Once I log on to the network na those 150 GB Call Of Duty installation files I go aim for. Thank God I’ll soon get an Xbox Series S.

Bro it like you can read my mind
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by xristos(m): 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
this is a good news....you dont need dstv no more..
check my signature
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Topmaike007(m): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ournolly:

Thanks.
okay Thank you
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Parachoko: 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2022
Basher8583:

Lol. If you try that of Canada you go appreciate Naija data cost
What is the minimum wage in Canada compare to Nigeria minimum wage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Alert...9mobile, Smile & Swift To Be Cut In 10days / Infinix Hot 3 Part Review: The Simple Device That Is Only Good As A Side Chick / 10 Facebook Tricks You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.