Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 (32635 Views)

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Blackview S6 4G Phablet @ $99.99 / ₦39996 / Nokia 2 To Have A 4000mah Battery And To Cost Just $99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by UnimkeAk(m): 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
aronski:

not every Nigerian can pay $99 (btw the range of NGN64,000 - NGN64,400) for internet in a month, hope u knw?

most Nigerians will still choose to pay Airtel and co less than NGN5K (btw the range of $11 - $12) for a month for internet connection...

Starlink will be useful to few who can afford it. Airtel and co might be cheating us with expensive data but they are kind off offering to us what we can afford. While on the other hand, Starlink is providing to us what we deserve but not all of us will be able to afford it...

Hope u get my point
Start up kit is 99 dollars, the monthly sub hasn’t been fixed yet
Most Nigerians spend on the average 3k a week on data, that is around 12k a month…

Wake up and smell the coffee… the major challenge would be investing the first 99dollars

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by misano(m): 4:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
1x2x3:

$99 sounds like the setup equipment not the monthly sub. In developed countries it cost $599 to get same setup equipment while their monthly cost is $110. Our monthly subscription fee may be $50 or thereabouts.

If they cut the price for their starter pack from 599 dollars to 99 dollars, why do you think they will have a problem cutting their monthly subscription from 100 dollars to 10 dollars. This people understand the market more than you think.

4 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by 1x2x3: 4:38pm On Aug 05, 2022
misano:

If they cut the price for their starter pack from 599 dollars to 99 dollars, why do you think they will have a problem cutting their monthly subscription from 100 dollars to 10 dollars. This people understand the market more than you think.

They won't go as low as that. They study existing market prices for unlimited data in most countries then peg it around there knowing fully well they provide a far better and more reliable service. $60-$40 I forsee.

1 Like

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by chukel(m): 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
aronski:

not every Nigerian can pay $99 (btw the range of NGN64,000 - NGN64,400) for internet in a month, hope u knw?

most Nigerians will still choose to pay Airtel and co less than NGN5K (btw the range of $11 - $12) for a month for internet connection...

Starlink will be useful to few who can afford it. Airtel and co might be cheating us with expensive data but they are kind off offering to us what we can afford. While on the other hand, Starlink is providing to us what we deserve but not all of us will be able to afford it...

Hope u get my point
$99 is not the monthly tariff. It's the start pack. They are yet to mention what the monthly subscription will be. Start pack in U.S is $599. Start pack in Nigeria is $99. Monthly subscription in U.S is $199. Therefore monthly here should be 1/6th of $199. This is just an extrapolation o.

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by misano(m): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
1x2x3:

They won't go as low as that. They study existing market prices for unlimited data in most countries then peg it around there knowing fully well they provide a far better and more reliable service. $60-$40 I forsee.

Tizeti is 12500 for unlimited. Trust me, they will stay within 12k to 20k monthly because there are alternatives. I said they will cut the starter pack, people were arguing. Now I am telling U they will cut subscription, U wanna argue. Wait and see.

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Moneyboyz: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2022
lwisee:

You can preorder,expecting mine soon.

Oh, I didn't know that's already in motion, which website will I get that from?
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by 1x2x3: 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
misano:

Tizeti is 12500 for unlimited. Trust me, they will stay within 12k to 20k monthly because there are alternatives. I said they will cut the starter pack, people were arguing. Now I am telling U they will cut subscription, U wanna argue. Wait and see.

What's Tizeti and how many states do they cover in Nigeria? We are talking about a high speed internet service that covers all the states in Nigeria, how's Tizeti an alternative to that?

3 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by nedekid: 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
aronski:

Hope u get my point
$99 is the cost of installation kit.
They have not released the monthly subscription cost.
Oga read it again pls.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Nefort: 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2022
Onnasucs1:
it's not location bro. You probably haven't tried to do anything that requires stable and extremely fast network. I didn't realize how bad our internet service is until the day I decided to setup livestream from my computer to my website. It didn't work because of the terrible network. Mind you, i normally download with that same internet service on 5mb/second. But it still wasn't enough to setup on clear livestream service on my wordpress website

Isn't livestreaming the same as making a video call? You live stream your audio and video to the other person on the other side of the network. If people make video calls with ease then why should you have difficulties livestreaming your content to your website? I guess something else was wrong.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2022
Mercury12:
Dem never ready. undecided

With the high cost of living in naija now then imagine paying almost an $100 for just internet service...
I would rather stick to my local network provider pls.
This comment is not for those few ones whom don't have problem affording their service.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Ijaya123: 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
Abfinest007:
Is time to send glo packing

Glo is still better than Airtel and 9Moblie
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by NinjaXmetahuman: 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ournolly:

Likely congestion.
Do you use the main router?
yes
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by misano(m): 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
1x2x3:

What's Tizeti and how many states do they cover in Nigeria? We are talking about a high speed internet service that covers all the states in Nigeria, how's Tizeti an alternative to that?

If Starlink offers user unlimited data at 100 dollars a month, MTN, Glo, Airtel we do the same at half that price. That's the alternative. Do U really think Starlink people are fools. They will crash the price, get a lot subscribers and later consider increasing the price when they have taking half the market. Business nah sense o.

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Ournolly: 6:01pm On Aug 05, 2022
misano:

If Starlink offers user unlimited data at 100 dollars a month, MTN, Glo, Airtel we do the same at half that price. That's the alternative. Do U really think Starlink people are fools. They will crash the price, get a lot subscribers and later consider increasing the price when they have taking half the market. Business nah sense o.
None of them does.
We are talking of facts here.
I can easily point you to any of their plans at at amount and none of them is unlimited.

1 Like

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by misano(m): 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ournolly:

None of them does.
We are talking of facts here.
I can easily point you to any of their plans at at amount and none of them is unlimited.

They will switch to unlimited when the time comes. Oga U are making me talk 2 much.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Ournolly: 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
misano:

They will switch to unlimited when the time comes. Oga U are making me talk 2 much.
You are talking too much without making sense.
'They will switch to unlimited when the time comes'.
Which time?
Glo currently offer unlimited data plan to Ghanaians yet no such plan to Nigerians.

Meanwhile glo started in Nigeria.

Like it or not glo, mtn etc will always impose their fair usage policies becuase they don't have the resources to handle high demand of heavy data usages by their customers.

4 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by tivta(m): 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2022
[quote author=Ournolly post=115409711][/quote]
Thanks. Must it be subscribed on a router or can it be subscribed on a phone?
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Wwwq: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
Oh
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by gloryman91: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
Food for our table first.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by QuoteJustOnce: 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2022
OnyeObodo:

Sir I beg to differ. Swift has high speed unlimited internet at 25k a month. I have used severally.

I have gotten speeds of up to 10mbps.

I ask again, what do we really need 4k or 8k movies for when we are not oyibo?

Are you aware that 1080 movies are super clear not to talk of 2160?

If you observe, all my talks is geared towards non wastage of funds which this star link is all about.

What they offer is already offered by Swift and MTN at a far cheaper rate. Thanks.

You are a liar. Swift unlimited premium at 25k is capped at 5Mbps. No more!
If you want uncapped speed, then you have to subscribed to capped data amount.
And dont question what people use data for. Some people have kids, who watch Youtube/CN from 2pm ti 8pm
they work at home and need data, while other family members are on Netflix. Their homes are automated and need stable ISP.
See for example, my data usage for July (434GB) and that's on a bad month

https://imgur.com/a/sDUwkRt

4 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Ournolly: 7:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
tivta:

Thanks. Must it be subscribed on a router or can it be subscribed on a phone?
No.
It needs Hynetflex sim card that comes with the router.
Once you have the Hynetflex sim card you can subscribe the plan and use it anywhere.
Mtn router seems strong tho, with the carrier aggression.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by 3seriez(m): 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
Those download speeds are crazy tho. If that is actually through, most ISPs including Major networks might have to up their game or close shop.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Micks01(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
OnyeObodo:

You guys are very funny in Nigeria and thats
I do hope you know that at 99$ a month and you have like only 1000,000 subcribers... Thats 99 million dollars leaving that country monthly? Una wan die?
Why Elon Musk no go rich
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
Cool
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by GEJDHERO: 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2022
Where can we get it to buy I spend roughly 30k for internet monthly and it's not even unlimited.UNLIMITED data is bae

1 Like

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by einsteine(m): 10:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
Parachoko:
The people who bought 9 mobile are not serious people. They are running it aground.

Buhari's people did.

The Funtuas.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
Interesting
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by NothingDoMe: 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
OnyeObodo:

You guys are very funny in Nigeria and thats why oyibo dey use una mop ground.

Swift offers super unlimited internet at 25k a month. Same with Smile and Spectranet. But una penchant for anything oyibo dey kill una.

Pray tell me, what do you intend to do with a speed of 100MBPs? Are you streaming data from heaven?

I do hope you know that at 99$ a month and you have like only 1000,000 subcribers... Thats 99 million dollars leaving that country monthly? Una wan die?
streaming data from heaven cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Mac2016(m): 12:43am On Aug 06, 2022
Parachoko:

https://www.capacitymedia.com/article/2af13w9ghve2m7ajx5728/news/starlink-cuts-price-of-start-up-kit-for-nigerians-to-99
Clueless government that displays its laziness and planlessness. What happens if starlink pull out service? It is basing your plan and expenditure on someone's else rain salary.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by QuoteJustOnce: 1:14am On Aug 06, 2022
Nteogwuija:

I was actually looking for a reliable IPTV subscription. Do you mind sharing the name?

Apollo Group TV $25/mth or $160/yr but worth it
Has all DSTV channels too, including your much acclaimed BBNaija

3 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Jascon4: 5:17am On Aug 06, 2022
Ournolly:

Swift doesn't offer unlimited Internet service.
The unlimited service is only available at night time and weekends and I have read very horrible reviews about their services. Besides, Swift is not available to my location.

Smile is a huge pile of trash. Hardly get 3mpbs in my location, let's not even talk about the 'unlimited' stuff with them. I purchased their router and Internet plans and can authoritatively tell you they are a huge pile of shit. Maybe my location.

I also use vsat Internet, Konnect Africa. They offer Internet services similar to Swift and can be good at times but I currently cannot understand their free night unlimited in their plans.

Mtn hynetflex is by far the fastest but they are not unlimited.
I have over 5 different routers and can tell you Internet services are piece of trash in Nigeria.

What I do with 100Mbps?
I currently get an average of 90mbps with mtn in my location and I do stream a lot in 4k resolution on Netflix and other services and sometimes 8k on YouTube.

You mean MTN hynetflex is a faster internet than Coollink Konnect ?

1 Like

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Jascon4: 5:25am On Aug 06, 2022
Ournolly:

10Mbps is less than 2MB/S.
That's pretty low speed.

No need dragging this. Swift offers capped data services but unlimited at off peak periods and weekends.

Similar to what I get at Vsat services but over 5 times the speed.

As much as I get your point on the cost of StarLink data services, it's 4k for me please.
There is no basis comparing 4k resolution with full HD, the difference is like day and night.

The iptv I am using offers 4k resolution in over 70% of their live channels and VOD.

Which IPTV service is that ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Introducing The New HTC 10: Beautiful Smartphone With World-class Camera / Look At These Funny Wifi Names , Share Yours / Do-not-disturb SMS From MTN (at Last)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.