Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 (32633 Views)

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Blackview S6 4G Phablet @ $99.99 / ₦39996 / Nokia 2 To Have A 4000mah Battery And To Cost Just $99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by ibawon(m): 6:09am On Oct 03, 2022
Jascon4:

Are you a current user of Coollink Konnect ?
God forbid! They are the official people of konnect in Africa. Called them up to 6 times to get them right.
Pro: you can use them any where in Nigeria
Cons: After 20gb you get get throttled to 5mbs/s after 30gb you get 1mbps/s and installation is quite on the high side but it's normal.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Parachoko: 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2022
ibawon:

No 5g coverage for my side. If ordering Starlink does not cut it, I'll just get a router and manage 25k sub for a month.
I think is still going to work even if there is no 5G coverage in your area.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by ibawon(m): 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2022
Parachoko:
I think is still going to work even if there is no 5G coverage in your area.
You first have to check for your location on their website, and that's not a bed I'm not willing to take
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Parachoko: 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2022
ibawon:

You first have to check for your location on their website, and that's not a bed I'm not willing to take
The 25k Router you wanna get will give you 4G speed

If you get the MTN 5G router, you will also get 4G speed on it till 5G become available in your area.

Well, the choice is yours
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by ibawon(m): 8:53pm On Oct 03, 2022
Parachoko:
The 25k Router you wanna get will give you 4G speed

If you get the MTN 5G router, you will also get 4G speed on it till 5G become available in your area.

Well, the choice is yours
Naaa. 5g isn't my worry if not for unlimited access, but I'll just settle for 120gb per month for now
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Jascon4: 1:13am On Oct 04, 2022
ibawon:

God forbid! They are the official people of konnect in Africa. Called them up to 6 times to get them right.
Cons: After 20gb you get get throttled to 5mbs/s after 30gb you get 1mbps/s and installation is quite on the high side but it's normal.

So since you haven't used them , how did you know MTN is faster ?

4 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by ibawon(m): 8:54am On Oct 04, 2022
Jascon4:

So since you haven't used them , how did you know MTN is faster ?
I'm not directly comparing them as they are fit for their customers, but I just believe for unlimited package, I'll be getting unlimited usage. For 25k you could get 120gb from MTN/Airtel but for 25k you can't get more than 50gb because of the throttle clause from them. I'd like to know if you currently use them so you can enlighten us better
At the end you'll go for what suits you
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Ournolly: 10:33am On Oct 04, 2022
ibawon:

I'm not directly comparing them as they are fit for their customers, but I just believe for unlimited package, I'll be getting unlimited usage. For 25k you could get 120gb from MTN/Airtel but for 25k you can't get more than 50gb because of the throttle clause from them. I'd like to know if you currently use them so you can enlighten us better

How do you know you can't get more than 50gb with them?
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by dustmalik: 10:44am On Oct 04, 2022
ibawon:

There is 25k/200GB MTN hynetflex specific plan.

1 Like

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by AlphaTaikun: 10:59am On Oct 04, 2022
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Elxandre(m): 10:59am On Oct 04, 2022
ibawon:

Megabyte or megabit?
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by ibawon(m): 11:13am On Oct 04, 2022
Ournolly:

How do you know you can't get more than 50gb with them?
Because they specifically said so, you can call them to verify after 20gb your speed reduces to 5mb/s after 30gb younger reduced to 1mbps. I don't know about you but for an "unlimited plan" you can't do much with that. Got 2 4k TVs, 2 computers, and like 4 phones from the family. Fibre would have been better but my location sucks.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by ibawon(m): 11:15am On Oct 04, 2022
Elxandre:

Megabyte or megabit?
After you consume up to 30megabytes your speed drops to 1mbps.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by ibawon(m): 11:18am On Oct 04, 2022
dustmalik:

There is 25k/200GB MTN hynetflex specific plan.
Might look into that
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Ournolly: 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2022
ibawon:

Because they specifically said so, you can call them to verify after 20gb your speed reduces to 5mb/s after 30gb younger reduced to 1mbps. I don't know about you but for an "unlimited plan" you can't do much with that. Got 2 4k TVs, 2 computers, and like 4 phones from the family. Fibre would have been better but my location sucks.
I do not know who gave you that information and why I should need to call them.
The 15k per month plan is thus -
30mps shared.
For the first 30gb you get the full speed.
Once you hit 30gb you get 6mps till you hit 45gb and then be throttled to 1mbps .

At night - from 10pm to 6am you get unlimited data allowance that is not counted towards your data.

In that off peak period you get almost the full speed and the data is unlimited.

How you get the 50gb stuff I do not know but I am sure I use them to update almost everything, ranging from my PS4 games to my os and heavy apps.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by ibkonekt(m): 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
ibawon:
I am about to Spend 120k on Router and 25k/months for "unlimited" that throttles down to 1mbps after 30GB and caps at 25mbps. I just have to order Starlink this month.

How do you order the starlink please. I cant seem to see their nigerian based website or contact details
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by ibawon(m): 2:04am On Oct 05, 2022
Ournolly:

I do not know who gave you that information and why I should need to call them.
The 15k per month plan is thus -
30mps shared.
For the first 30gb you get the full speed.
One you hit 30gb you get 6mps till you hit 45gb and then be throttled to 1mbps .

At night - from 10pm to 6am you get unlimited data allowance that is not counted towards your data.

In that off peak period you get almost the free speed and the data is unlimited.

How you get the 50gb stuff I do not know but I am sure I use them to update almost everything, ranging from my PS4 games to my os and heavy apps.
Thanks for the input.
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Jascon4: 3:29am On Oct 05, 2022
ibawon:

Yes I have been using them for a while now
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by ibawon(m): 7:48am On Oct 05, 2022
Jascon4:

Yes I have been using them for a while now
I'd like to get you on WhatsApp if you don't mind. Thanks
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Jascon4: 12:36am On Oct 06, 2022
ibawon:

That's fine
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by Jascon4: 12:36am On Oct 06, 2022
ibawon:

That's fine , you could send a PM
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by FarEl18: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
Loool. Just seeing this. There is fiber in Nigeria sir, if not the likes of Mainone and MTN wouldn't be in business. Do your research please

SeunDAssLicker:

Lol. Mr man, Fiber works with cables to the ground, and Sub routers on the streets, powered by 24hr electricity.

No fiber company will survive Nigerias dead electricity that goes on and off, that will be the same way your Fiber goes on an off daily.

What you’re being sold is Broadband disguise MF as Fiber.

And it costs hundreds of Millions in USD to cable just the Island of Lagos with fiber, which can take up to 5years. When did this your unknown company run their cables? Where are their router points

What does your Fiberone offer you?
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by daamazing(m): 10:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
QuoteJustOnce:

You are a liar. Swift unlimited premium at 25k is capped at 5Mbps. No more!
If you want uncapped speed, then you have to subscribed to capped data amount.
And dont question what people use data for. Some people have kids, who watch Youtube/CN from 2pm ti 8pm
they work at home and need data, while other family members are on Netflix. Their homes are automated and need stable ISP.
See for example, my data usage for July (434GB) and that's on a bad month

https://imgur.com/a/sDUwkRt
Hi, do you mean 5MB/s or 5Mb/s?
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by QuoteJustOnce: 11:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
daamazing:
Hi, do you mean 5MB/s or 5Mb/s?

I meant what I wrote
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by daamazing(m): 6:21am On Nov 01, 2022
QuoteJustOnce:

I meant what I wrote
alright thanks. That's slow as hell then
Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by confluence: 6:36am On Dec 27, 2022
I think the $99 price cut is a deposit of the $599. I saw a video on YouTube of a Nigerian whose starlink equipment arrived and was asked to pay for the balance of $501. And he said the monthly running cost is $43

3 Likes

Re: Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 by ibawon(m): 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2022
confluence:
I think the $99 price cut is a deposit of the $599. I saw a video on YouTube of a Nigerian whose starlink equipment arrived and was asked to pay for the balance of $501. And he said the monthly running cost is $43

You are very correct. I’m going to wait till they are fully launched and have an office I can just walk into.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Introducing The New HTC 10: Beautiful Smartphone With World-class Camera / Look At These Funny Wifi Names , Share Yours / Iphone XS, Iphone XS Max & Iphone XR: Apple Unveils Three New Iphone Xs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.