Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! (44449 Views)

What I Did To A Female Friend That Brother Zoned Me / How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? / (VIDEO) Aboki Man Broke 13 Year Old Girls Hymen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by ShaqFu: 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
meobizy:
We first met during service year. He was twenty-three at the time, and I assumed it was a one-off thing. He never showed interest in females older than fifteen years of age and was quick to approach them whenever the chance appeared. The three girlfriends he dated in two years were eighteen, eighteen and nineteen years old respectively. I saw nothing wrong there until he told me they were the ones who made moves to secure his interest. Left to him he’ll rather date girls below eighteen. We lost contact eventually.

Last year we crossed paths again. He has two children with a grown woman, though they didn’t marry. He has all the time to chase any woman he wants. Unfortunately, he’s back to chasing romantic friendships with fifteen year old girls. Them swear for this person?! His Facebook profile is littered with underaged female friends.

I’ve tried to explain to him that he will face prison time if caught in developed nations. He doesn’t care and says Naija is a different ballgame. How do I tell this almost fifty year old man that children are forbidden?
your friend is a pedophile and he will be trialed and prosecuted if he's found guilty of having sexual relations with under age girls.

You should tell him attempting to even sleep with underage girls is a crime in Nigeria. This was among the charges leveled against Baba Ijesha. Your friend is a disgrace to everything with a penis_. You should also be ashamed of calling someone like that your friend.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by SenecaTheYonger: 12:20pm On Aug 05, 2022
What is more scary than the original post is actually the comment section. Someone said nothing concern him with girl wey don pass 20 years old. Omo, why I no Dey see people like this in real life?

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 05, 2022
Kokoebapluse:
From 10years above they are not children. Anybody above 10year can think and take decision.
Yeah exactly they are just adult in children's body especially the girls. I like interacting with them and they are not as innocent as they look. They know what an average 19/20 year old knows
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by doyin01: 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

218.Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a girl under the age of thirteen years is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for life, with or without caning.
Any person who attempts to have unlawful carnal knowledge of a girl under the age of thirteen years-is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for fourteen years, with or without caning.
A prosecution for either of the offences defined in this section shall be begun within two months after the offence is committed.
A person cannot he convicted of either of the offences defined in this section upon the uncorroborated testimony of one witness.

221. Any person who-
(1) has or attempts to have unlawful carnal knowledge of a girl being of or above thirteen years and under sixteen years of age; or
(2) knowing a woman or girl to be an idiot or slowpoke, has or attempts to have unlawful carnal knowledge of her;
is guilty of a misdemeanour, and is liable to imprisonment for two years, with or without caning.

*It is a defence to a charge of either of the offences firstly defined in this section to prove that the accused person believed, on reasonable grounds, that the girl was of or above the age of sixteen years.

A prosecution for any of the offences defined in this section shall be begun within two months after the offence is committed.
A person cannot be convicted of any of the offences defined in this section upon the uncorroborated testimony of one witness.

The provision in the 2nd bolded of section 221 says it all. That provision does not exist in section 218.

[b]Age of consent is13
!
@The bolded ,you are playing with jail-term....i am sure that is the same thing the lawyers of baba ijesha told him too ,and that gave him confidence initially that he will win the case...lol.....

The question that begs for an answer is; what is the age of Consent in Nigeria?

Several Laws have said several things. Most are not even direct, but we can interpret using the mischief rule. The mischief rule entails us using “the intention of the draftsmen”

According to Section 31 Child’s Rights Act the age of consent is 18 years.
According to Section 7 Sexual Offences bill, the age of Consent is 18 years.
According to Section 18 Matrimonial Causes Act, the age of consent is 21 years.
According to Section 221 Criminal code Act, the age of consent is 16 years.
According to Section 23 of the Cyber Crime (Prohibition,Prevention ETC) Act, the age of consent is 18 years.
Since there is no uniformed age per se, how did I arrive at 18 years?

The Child Rights Act is the most popular among the above mentioned legislations; this is because 24 out of the 36 states including the F.C.T making it 37 in Nigeria have domesticated it. Making it applicable in those states. And the Child Rights Act puts the age of Consent at 18 years.
Furthermore a community reading of the above mentioned Laws puts it at 18 years with the exception of the Criminal Code Act which puts it at 16 years.
Therefore it will suffice to state that the age of consent in Nigeria is 18 years. It is therefore a case of the majority willing the election.

It is imperative to note that Sex with anyone under this age is an offense. Let us consider one of the provisions of the legislations above. SEXUAL OFFENCES BILL, SECTION 7 –

Section 7 of the Sexual Offences Bill prohibits sexual intercourse with anyone between the ages of 0 to 18. It punishes offenders with life imprisonment upon conviction. That Section 7 states that;

A person who commits an act which causes penetration with a child is guilty of an offence called defilement.
A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child aged eleven years or less shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for life.
A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of twelve and fifteen years is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.
A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of sixteen and eighteen years is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.
It is important to state that Defilement and any other sexual offence should be reported on time. According to Section 218 of the Criminal Code Act, it enunciates that prosecution should start within two months after the sexual activity occurs. For various states and various Laws there might be no time bar, however the more hours and days roll by, the more difficult it is to prove a sexual offence. No matter how dark the experience might have been, it is of keen importance to make hey while the sun shines.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by akbonus: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
YOU MUST BE THE MAN WHO WROTE THA AND YOU ARE ALSO HIDING UNDER THAT FEMINE IDENTITY TO INSULT YOURSELF.OLOSHO
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by oloshun(m): 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
meobizy:
We first met during service year. He was twenty-three at the time, and I assumed it was a one-off thing. He never showed interest in females older than fifteen years of age and was quick to approach them whenever the chance appeared. The three girlfriends he dated in two years were eighteen, eighteen and nineteen years old respectively. I saw nothing wrong there until he told me they were the ones who made moves to secure his interest. Left to him he’ll rather date girls below eighteen. We lost contact eventually.

Last year we crossed paths again. He has two children with a grown woman, though they didn’t marry. He has all the time to chase any woman he wants. Unfortunately, he’s back to chasing romantic friendships with fifteen year old girls. Them swear for this person?! His Facebook profile is littered with underaged female friends.

I’ve tried to explain to him that he will face prison time if caught in developed nations. He doesn’t care and says Naija is a different ballgame. How do I tell this almost fifty year old man that children are forbidden?

Since you have tried helping him. You are the one that needs to be careful. Someone who does might switch your sisters or relatives who are younger. That friend, you need to watch.....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by moshuur(m): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2022
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by oyebanji(m): 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
Report him to the relevant agencies

meobizy:

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by siofra(f): 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
TMTR:

Your father must be a paedophile and raped you when you were a toddler that's why you think all men are the same, don't worry, I am nothing like your paedophilic father angry

I hope that little girl you adopted is safe from you undecided

Because you're displaying signs of paedophilia.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by TMTR: 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
siofra:

I hope that little girl you adopted is safe from you undecided

Because you're displaying signs of paedophilia.
I am nothing like your father, trust me she won't experience what you experienced growing up with your father angry undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by Kobicove(m): 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
The guy is a child abuser and he will end up badly undecided
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by siofra(f): 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
Antyxx:
An average Nigerian is a peadophile, just read this comments

Some even said 10years old is an adult lol. And anypne that start mentruation is a woman
I started menstsruating at 8years old and had well developed breast at 10 even though I was short, men, teachers, were asking me out. Some even said they love me and would like to marry me
Nothing to be surprised of in Africa again, I didnt leave Africa cx of politicians alone, even the Nigerian citizens(mostly men) are stupid at default
Even now as an adult, men will confirm my age before they ask me out so that they dont wrongly woo an underage girl

But there in Nigeria, some people still think 10years are women. Im just laughing reading the comments, this same fools would want to leave Nigeria to countries that have pure beelief system

Since you think 10-15years old are women, and western culture is bad, pls stick with your Nigeria that share similar viewpoints with you, dont come here to spoil my beloved western world. I hope they close the border and never allow Nigerian men to enter. Females can enter

Amen to the last paragraph.

All of them are paedophiles.

I've had Nigerian men (old men o) ask me out because they think I'm younger than 18.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by okoroemeka(m): 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
meobizy:

let us stop been emotional the age of consent in Japan is 14 yrs,Brazil 15 yrs,these people in there wisdom know that a fifteen yr old girl is physically matured for sexual intercourse,I cannot say so about the mental maturity but what better way to learn if not by experience,whatever we think don't matter because these current small girls don't send you,so far you have money to spend on them they will jump on you.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by Toluwanise247(m): 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
Good day everyone, my name are Oladap kehinde Tolu, (TOK’S) I buy gifts card at good rate and my payment is very fast. You can check my profile for my number phone. Thanks
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
Go to an NGO for fvcks sake or do some research and notify the parents of one of his victims. This country is filled with disgusting creatures. Tueh

1 Like

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by siofra(f): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
TMTR:

I am nothing like your father, trust me she won't experience what you experienced growing up with your father angry undecided

Not my father but your closet gay father that destroyed your rear end.

I hope you've gone for therapy because I know the trauma is so much you think everyone's father is like yours.

God please keep TMTR's adopted daughter safe from him. AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2022
okoroemeka:
let us stop been emotional the age of consent in Japan is 14 yrs,Brazil 15 yrs,these people in there wisdom know that a fifteen yr old girl is physically matured for sexual intercourse,I cannot say so about the mental maturity but what better way to learn if not by experience,whatever we think don't matter because these current small girls don't send you,so far you have money to spend on them they will jump on you.
Anything to excuse your morbid fantasies tueh.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by Fira09(m): 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
siofra:

I've had Nigerian men (old men o) ask me out because they think I'm younger than 18.

You both are the BIG PAEDOPHILES undecided, when you guys are referring to Nigerian men, you make it look like 'some' not 'all'
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by siofra(f): 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
Fira09:

You both are the BIG PAEDOPHILES undecided, when you guys are referring to Nigerian men, you make it look like 'some' not 'all'

It's all angry
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
doyin01:

@The bolded ,you are playing with jail-term....i am sure that is the same thing the lawyers of baba ijesha told him too ,and that gave him confidence initially that he will win the case...lol.....

The question that begs for an answer is; what is the age of Consent in Nigeria?

Several Laws have said several things. Most are not even direct, but we can interpret using the mischief rule. The mischief rule entails us using “the intention of the draftsmen”

According to Section 31 Child’s Rights Act the age of consent is 18 years.
According to Section 7 Sexual Offences bill, the age of Consent is 18 years.
According to Section 18 Matrimonial Causes Act, the age of consent is 21 years.
According to Section 221 Criminal code Act, the age of consent is 16 years.
According to Section 23 of the Cyber Crime (Prohibition,Prevention ETC) Act, the age of consent is 18 years.
Since there is no uniformed age per se, how did I arrive at 18 years?

The Child Rights Act is the most popular among the above mentioned legislations; this is because 24 out of the 36 states including the F.C.T making it 37 in Nigeria have domesticated it. Making it applicable in those states. And the Child Rights Act puts the age of Consent at 18 years.
Furthermore a community reading of the above mentioned Laws puts it at 18 years with the exception of the Criminal Code Act which puts it at 16 years.
Therefore it will suffice to state that the age of consent in Nigeria is 18 years. It is therefore a case of the majority willing the election.

It is imperative to note that Sex with anyone under this age is an offense. Let us consider one of the provisions of the legislations above. SEXUAL OFFENCES BILL, SECTION 7 –

Section 7 of the Sexual Offences Bill prohibits sexual intercourse with anyone between the ages of 0 to 18. It punishes offenders with life imprisonment upon conviction. That Section 7 states that;

A person who commits an act which causes penetration with a child is guilty of an offence called defilement.
A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child aged eleven years or less shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for life.
A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of twelve and fifteen years is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.
A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of sixteen and eighteen years is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.
It is important to state that Defilement and any other sexual offence should be reported on time. According to Section 218 of the Criminal Code Act, it enunciates that prosecution should start within two months after the sexual activity occurs. For various states and various Laws there might be no time bar, however the more hours and days roll by, the more difficult it is to prove a sexual offence. No matter how dark the experience might have been, it is of keen importance to make hey while the sun shines.
Thank you. Just look at the pigs everywhere supporting rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by Fira09(m): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
siofra:

It's all angry

With your ignorant behavior....... it's better you don't marry. undecided
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by Antyxx: 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
siofra:

Me too, Some Nigerian men would argue my age becauuse they want a younger person,for instance i told them im 20years, he will say itgs not possible that he believs hes asking an 17years old out and i cannot be 20,because he wanted an underaage and thought I was an underage.
I will never disbelief any rape story because i know how Nigerian men are useless. I usually had depression when men ask me out when i was 10-17years below, its now i know what happened. Because they would be disturbing me and same people will threaten you musnt tell anyone.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by lakeside79937: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
If he was dating underaged children I the western world he will be put on sex offender register for life and would rot in jail. Dating underaged student in the western world is more than murder case

1 Like

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by baconline(m): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
Report him to the police , let his taste what baba ijesha is feeling now
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
Antyxx:

That is becausee your African society is stinking and full of poverty.

I agree.

Still, in your rich, advanced society,15 year olds are already getting some, giving head, smoking bong and snorting lines with other kids of the same age.

Any attempt to discipline them and they call the cops on your sorry asses.

Small wonder you can't wait to chuck them out at 18, and they equally rush to dump you in a nursing home so they can inherit your shit while you still breathin'.

That's if the crazy shooters don't pick them off in school first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

218. Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a girl under the age of thirteen years is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for life, with or without caning.
Any person who attempts to have unlawful carnal knowledge of a girl under the age of thirteen years -is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for fourteen years, with or without caning.
A prosecution for either of the offences defined in this section shall be begun within two months after the offence is committed.
A person cannot he convicted of either of the offences defined in this section upon the uncorroborated testimony of one witness.

221. Any person who-
(1) has or attempts to have unlawful carnal knowledge of a girl being of or above thirteen years and under sixteen years of age; or
(2) knowing a woman or girl to be an idiot or slowpoke, has or attempts to have unlawful carnal knowledge of her;
is guilty of a misdemeanour, and is liable to imprisonment for two years, with or without caning.

*It is a defence to a charge of either of the offences firstly defined in this section to prove that the accused person believed, on reasonable grounds, that the girl was of or above the age of sixteen years.

A prosecution for any of the offences defined in this section shall be begun within two months after the offence is committed.
A person cannot be convicted of any of the offences defined in this section upon the uncorroborated testimony of one witness.

The provision in the 2nd bolded of section 221 says it all. That provision does not exist in section 218.

Age of consent is 13!

I won’t argue with ya
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
lakeside79937:
If he was dating underaged children I the western world he will be put on sex offender register for life and would rot in jail. Dating underaged student in the western world is more than murder case

Funny thing is, you won't believe what the "underaged" are already doing to themselves!
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by Grandmeister(m): 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2022
siofra:

I hope you've gone for therapy because I know the trauma is so much you think everyone's father is like yours.

Your father is the only non pedo male in Nigeria abi? You know that’s not true. ALL Nigerian males are pedos and your father isn’t excluded.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! by TMTR: 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
siofra:

You need the prayer and therapy more after your father raped you to stupor when you were a toddler that's why you go about calling everyone you see a paedophile cause your common sense of reasoning has been eroded by the many years of manhandling your father gave you but like I said earlier,I am nothing like your paedophilic father

Dimwit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander. / My Relationship Just Crashed This Morning. / 8 Male Behaviours That Annoy Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.