Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos (51298 Views)

Army Reacts To The Murder Of Monday Orube, Sets Up Board Of Inquiry / Soldiers Beat Salihu Aliyu, The Galadima Of Tungan-Maje & Family Members / Soldiers Beat Up Shiites Women Along Abuja-Kaduna Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Temptee101(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
shocked

Imagine, stupid people.

Idiots that should be collaborating, fighting and killing each other. And you wonder why bandits are eating them like agbado.

This country is/was a mistake.

Peter Obi is the only way forward.

APC = PDP have failed.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
angry 9ja sef... so PRC, PRO didn't visit after day one , two? Till then? The system is bad..the 3rd and only escapee didn't revert to their own station ? Them jus gave up the man's life for nothing... but POLICE got served too.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Caleycash(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
Only happens in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hatred between Nigerian police and soldiers is for life....

The matter will only be settled in Heaven!

A case of 2 sets of thugs and urchins constantly fighting for territory and superiority!

The danger of giving guns and uniforms to individuals with excess testosterone and limited brain cells!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Blitzerz: 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
How do you "resolve" murder with a murderer?

Shameless police.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by eddie7: 1:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
Are the soldiers KNOWN or UNKNOWN angry angry.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by TEEJHEY(m): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
Family matter��
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Steve0979(m): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
TylerDurden:
Bloody idiots

When they post them to Zamfara or Bornu they will be forming social activists claiming no weapons or poor welfare packages and from there go AWOL.

But when in peaceful south , you see the idiots forming Rambo.

People should understand that the average grunt in the army was a social misfit and failure before joining the army .

These idiots 5ys ago were roaming the streets as civilians with no hope in sight . now they joined the Arny and have come to see bullying civilians as their only compensation in their miserable wretched lives. If you see the way officers treat these NCOs you will not even advice your enemy to join the army. U too talk ,haba!na police u be

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Maxwell4404(m): 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
One Man down, more to go down
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by KingRabota: 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
The only things the incompetent idiots are found at
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Obidatti2023s(m): 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
This is how you define a jungle called a country! Omorrr if you wanna live long in this country, MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND AVOID TROUBLE WITH ANYONE.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Eriokanmi: 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
They can only beat police to death but can't arrest and kill bandits, always lying that bandits ran away with gunshot wounds each time. Nigeria Army are cowards, useless institution that needs to be sanitized. Oh,well! Obi is coming

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Akharmony: 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
The officer accompany Tafa Balogun go the otherside. .
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Corto: 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2022
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by lexy2014: 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2022
Offpointng:
I happen to witness the incident, and I'd say both are at fault, there were just few cars bfr the soldier's bus which the police saw, it cost the police nothing to spare few minutes to allow the soldiers pass for sake of peace bfr stopping other cars, they might have been on orders and late coming is always punished in the military. And when they came down in rage to question the policemen, police men to were showing power and superiority hence reasons for the damages

The Soldiers were wrong to beat them and the Government also got greater blame for not fixing traffic light, in a saner clime the duty of Traffic Police is to ensure traffic light are obeyed strictly but this is 9ja

Is that how soldiers beat up Boko Haram and bandits for the sake of peace?

If late coming is punished in the military, will poor management of traffic by traffic officers not be punished by the police?

Where the traffic officers not on orders to control traffic?

If time is of the essence in the military, how come they don't have a time frame for dealing with bandits?

If the soldiers were in a hurry, what time did they now have to be fighting, kidnapping and beating police officers?

9 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by KingRabota: 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2022
The only thing these incompetent idiots are good at .
Anyway it's a family affair. I remove my mouth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by eagleu: 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
Offpointng:
I happen to witness the incident, and I'd say both are at fault, there were just few cars bfr the soldier's bus which the police saw, it cost the police nothing to spare few minutes to allow the soldiers pass for sake of peace bfr stopping other cars, they might have been on orders and late coming is always punished in the military. And when they came down in rage to question the policemen, the police men to were showing power and superiority hence reasons for the damages

The Soldiers were wrong to beat them and the Government also got greater blame for not fixing traffic light, in a saner clime the duty of Traffic Police is to ensure traffic light are obeyed strictly not to stand and control traffic with their hands. but this is 9ja

Typical Nigerian style, blame everyone and hold no one responsible. What a shame.

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by RZArecta(m): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
Rubbish like this will keep happening as long as they keep settling amicably instead of punishing perpetrators properly

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by ManOfSon: 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
naptu2:
SP Benjamin Hundeyin @BenHundeyin

https://twitter.com/BenHundeyin/status/1555495099907309569

The saddest part of this tragedy is that it will happen again. We have probably the most useless, ill-trained, conceited police & military in the history of the world.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by igben(m): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lagos wey Tinubu built as claim without good working traffic light and e de shout e wan rule 9ja naim be say everything las Las go jus jaga jaga...

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by eagleu: 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
Afonja2:

You are stupid. VERY STUPID

I think he is army PR officer doing a very bad job for the country.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Emeka8899: 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
It's well
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by edunwanna: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
Dear students,
your monthly ASUU STRIKE subscription was successfully renewed.
Thank you for choosing APC.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by do4luv14(m): 1:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
Offpointng:
I happen to witness the incident, and I'd say both are at fault, there were just few cars bfr the soldier's bus which the police saw, it cost the police nothing to spare few minutes to allow the soldiers pass for sake of peace bfr stopping other cars, they might have been on orders and late coming is always punished in the military. And when they came down in rage to question the policemen, police men to were showing power and superiority hence reasons for the damages

The Soldiers were wrong to beat them and the Government also got greater blame for not fixing traffic light, in a saner clime the duty of Traffic Police is to ensure traffic light are obeyed strictly but this is 9ja

I agreed with you, but the police are at Greater fault here, I had witnessed such stands off time and again, And as always it was started by the police and their overzealousness,

A lone soldier was on his way to work, and seems to be running late, a young guy at that,
now he board a bike as a fast means to get to work, police stop bike, ask soldier to dismount, ( no respect, ) and proceeded to seize the bike after pleading with the police to consider him, and return the bike keys, it falls on deft ears, and the police even insulted him,

That's when to soldier lost it, it took begging from the most senior police among them to calm him down,

those three officers are disrespectful, a coaster bus, containing soldiers cannot be stopped for such silly excuses, it's and insult, even after the soldiers came down, they should have at least allowed them to pass thru

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Fujiyama: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
Offpointng:
I happen to witness the incident, and I'd say both are at fault, there were just few cars bfr the soldier's bus which the police saw, it cost the police nothing to spare few minutes to allow the soldiers pass for sake of peace bfr stopping other cars, they might have been on orders and late coming is always punished in the military. And when they came down in rage to question the policemen, the police men to were showing power and superiority hence reasons for the damages

^^
This doesn't make any sense.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Munamoqel: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hi
HedwigesMaduro:

As a Nigerian you seem used to lawlessness. In sane settings the police had all the right to stop those soldiers at their prerogative (whether there's only one car trying to pass or not). The only case where the soldiers hold the aces is in situations of martial law being declared (state of emergency). These muppets always think they're superior to everyone because they joined the military. Not that the police force is comprised of sensible humans also.
what of if the soilders where on a mission to repel an attack? While the traffic police still be passing cars !
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Quaddafi29: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
This country is very disgusting, instead of charging the soldiers for murder and giving them appropriate punishment, they will be freed and maybe promoted. I am sure the soldiers are from the army ethnicity while the police are(was) from the 5% ethnicity. I regret being born here. Shit!!

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by toxtimmy: 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2022
The foundation of your logic is flawed in as much as you make some good sense... You never build your house on sand else it will crumble.

I hope you understand my point but if you don't then let me ask you a simple question... In which part of Nigeria, planet earth or even the universe that has a traffic law or in their constitution that soldiers must first pass through traffic before a civilian?

Offpointng:

The Soldiers were wrong to beat them and the Government also got greater blame for not fixing traffic light, in a saner clime the duty of Traffic Police is to ensure traffic light are obeyed strictly not to stand and control traffic with their hands. but this is 9ja

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by jrusky(m): 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
Pls who posted this here and who the hell is that Metro untrained journalist?

I lost interest in the write when I read the "policemen were kidnapped to the barracks". What a stupid statement is that?

I'm not in support of beaten anyone to death they should be investigated but soldiers will not just jumped on them if no provocation. Nigeria police force need serious re-training because if you jam them where they misbehaved you will hate them with passion.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court / Naming Ceremony Of Hanan Buhari's Son, Zayd (Video) / Yusuf Alabi: Peter Obi Meets Young Boy Who Stood In Front Of His Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.