Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos (51293 Views)

Army Reacts To The Murder Of Monday Orube, Sets Up Board Of Inquiry / Soldiers Beat Salihu Aliyu, The Galadima Of Tungan-Maje & Family Members / Soldiers Beat Up Shiites Women Along Abuja-Kaduna Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
really abi you confused .troops are even deploy in floods!

Stop capping nonsense. You even went on to post incidents from the 20th century just to validate nonsense.

It's normal to deploy soldiers to aid people during natural disasters. They don't deploy with weapons, only for humanitarian purposes. Ironically, the Nigerian army doesn't do that.

The police is the primary law enforcement in a country. When they tell you to stop, you stop -- no matter who you are.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by OgunkeelAllMod: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
angry BEAT more of them to death pls i fu7kking hate the naija police armed robbr in black unifoirm
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Splitmind: 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^
You need to try harder. You have all the makings of a troll prodigy. Please apply yourself so that you can become one of the all time greats.

You are not getting the attention you crave because you are not applying yourself. I hate wasted potential. Apply yourself, God damn it! angry

Idiot come and see the real story. Get a life you jobless boy.

cutedharmee:

Heard the police corked their rifle and shot at the soldiers while bullet brushed one of the soldiers head and that got the soldiers angry. I've seen an instance where policemen were ready to beat a senior officer in army cos they feel he was alone. One of them even brushed the officers face with his palm. If the officer had come back for them with soldiers and deal with them it would have been a story of soldier beat police without telling the true story of what transpired. Ain't justifying what the soldiers did sha but some of those police sef get their own for body. E too much for some of them abeg
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by naikeboy(m): 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
Characteristics of a failed state...
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
The Zoo that shouldn't had existed! See what they're doing themselves!
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Lezzlie(m): 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
Offpointng:
I happen to witness the incident, and I'd say both are at fault, there were just few cars bfr the soldier's bus which the police saw, it cost the police nothing to spare few minutes to allow the soldiers pass for sake of peace bfr stopping other cars, they might have been on orders and late coming is always punished in the military. And when they came down in rage to question the policemen, the police men to were showing power and superiority hence reasons for the damages

The Soldiers were wrong to beat them and the Government also got greater blame for not fixing traffic light, in a saner clime the duty of Traffic Police is to ensure traffic light are obeyed strictly not to stand and control traffic with their hands. but this is 9ja
the way your stupidity and ignorance is shining would make the summer sun envious.

Please army, navy, air force are under civil rules and regulations once they stepped out of their barracks.

In saner climes, there are still some road portions where traffic police control traffic and everyone is bound to obey the traffic offcer or traffic light whether or not they are civilians or military.

Na your kind groundbreaking mumu dey promote indiscipline for this country.

And yes....the army should obey the police once outside their barracks as lawful order and regulations.

I hate police but I hate your sentimental mumu pass.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Lezzlie(m): 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
A crime was committed and Lagos PPRO says the two sister agencies are working to resolve it.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Stanleyq: 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2022
WATCHOVER:
Many joined Security forces just for show off, only few understand what it means to be in a security force
The only thing is that its all criminals that join the army. A few is just good.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by BIGSCARY(m): 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
OJOTA

Idrismusty97:
Is it at Ojo?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Bizzyliss(m): 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
The police station opposite Ojo barracks too they do anyhow
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
1932: Disbanding the "Bonus Army"
Though not as destructive or deadly as the NYC Draft Riots, the 1932 Bonus Army attack was notable for the use of federal military troops to clear out a bunch of veterans looking for help from the government -- help that was promised to them anyway.

In the years following the 1929 stock market crash, the situation for struggling World War I veterans quickly went from bad to worse. Congress promised them a cash payment of up to $1 for every day they were in active service, to a maximum of $500. That's a cool $9,300 in 2020 dollars, more than enough to survive the Great Depression.

For most vets, that money was to be paid over the span of years, but with the Depression in full swing, everyone needed cash right then. The veterans formed an activist group called the "Bonus Army" to go to Washington and advocate for the pay, setting up camp on Capitol Hill.

President Herbert Hoover's attorney general ordered the police to remove them, which did not go as planned. Hoover soon got wind of the incident and ordered General Douglas MacArthur and tanks from the 3rd Cavalry Regiment to do the job. The Army shot tear gas and marched on the Bonus Army with fixed bayonets. As the vets retreated from Capitol Hill, the U.S. Army burned their encampment.

1967: Detroit's 12th Street Riot
The second largest riot since the 1863 Draft Riot in New York happened in Detroit in 1967 -- and was a harbinger for the tumultuous years to come in the United States.

In that year, almost 160 race riots broke out across the United States, earning the nickname the "Long, Hot Summer of 1967." None of the uprisings were more destructive than in Detroit, where what started as a police raid on an illegal after-hours bar turned into one of the country's most violent and destructive riots ever.

For five days, the citizens of Detroit ran wild through the streets. It was one so rampant that then-Governor George Romney (yes, Mitt Romney's dad) chose to call in the Michigan National Guard. When even that didn't work, President Lyndon Johnson called in the 82d and 101st Airborne.

In the wake of the riot, 43 were dead and more than 2,000 buildings were destroyed.

1967: Newark Riots
This is another significant disturbance of the 1967 "Long, Hot Summer," particularly due to the level of destruction the riots caused the city of Newark -- a level from which the city has never fully recovered.

As middle-class white Americans left urban areas after WWII, Black Americans still faced widespread racism and discrimination in those cities. Finding a decent job and a place to live became more and more difficult, even though those opportunities existed.

The frustration of Black Newark boiled over as the city descended into poverty. City politicians and police mostly remained white. The frustration came to a head when a Black cab driver was beaten unconscious and dragged to a police station by white officers for passing a double-parked police vehicle. There, he was charged with assaulting the police officers. Rumors spread that he was killed in police custody. He wasn't -- but he was badly beaten.

What began as a protest against police brutality soon turned into widespread

The last time this happened was in 1992. I know Nigeria is behind the world and all that. And martial law would have been declared before that happened.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Geesaintagape: 4:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
FG of Nigeria and kidnapping citizens
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by netzro(m): 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
Bizzyliss:
The police station opposite Ojo barracks too they do anyhow
Friday comes to mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Roozzaay(m): 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
Offpointng:
I happen to witness the incident, and I'd say both are at fault, there were just few cars bfr the soldier's bus which the police saw, it cost the police nothing to spare few minutes to allow the soldiers pass for sake of peace bfr stopping other cars, they might have been on orders and late coming is always punished in the military. And when they came down in rage to question the policemen, the police men to were showing power and superiority hence reasons for the damages

The Soldiers were wrong to beat them and the Government also got greater blame for not fixing traffic light, in a saner clime the duty of Traffic Police is to ensure traffic light are obeyed strictly not to stand and control traffic with their hands. but this is 9ja

This has nothing to do with the Government, have you ever seen these lowest lives fellows that managed to join NA respecting the traffic lights?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by newdawn2017(f): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
Offpointng:

but their top priority gives to ambulance as well as army convoy like that, my dear due to d insecurity in d state.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by newdawn2017(f): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
gabolak:
Na so so bad news everywhere
but dis a good news naa, what do u mean undecided
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Roozzaay(m): 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lezzlie:
the way your stupidity and ignorance is shining would make the summer sun envious.

Please army, navy, air force are under civil rules and regulations once they stepped out of their barracks.

In saner climes, there are still some road portions where traffic police control traffic and everyone is bound to obey the traffic offcer or traffic light whether or not they are civilians or military.

Na your kind groundbreaking mumu dey promote indiscipline for this country.

And yes....the army should obey the police once outside their barracks as lawful order and regulations.

I hate police but I hate your sentimental mumu pass.

I have never seen in my years of travelling where those idiots obeyed the traffic lights/officers. They always feels like gods anytime they are in the midst of civilians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by newdawn2017(f): 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
TylerDurden:
Bloody idiots

When they post them to Zamfara or Bornu they will be forming social activists claiming no weapons or poor welfare packages and from there go AWOL.

But when in peaceful south , you see the idiots forming Rambo.

People should understand that the average grunt in the army was a social misfit and failure before joining the army .

These idiots 5ys ago were roaming the streets as civilians with no hope in sight . now they joined the Arny and have come to see bullying civilians as their only compensation in their miserable wretched lives. If you see the way officers treat these NCOs you will not even advice your enemy to join the army.

but no sophisticated weapons & gears for d job naa, lol that I e isn't a lie. & Yes too their welfare us so pore for some that signed a death warrant. Truth be told.they re Nigeria, Nigeria is them but a recruit pay nor reach wetun state house of assembly member or councilors take home in salaries alone, not to talk of allowance , yet they re agbobakun of the King Nigeria. shocked & a complete laughing stock to their counterpart abroad shm anyway

#[url]soworeforpresident2023[/url]
[url]#wecantcontinuelikethis[/url]
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by do4luv14(m): 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^
I don't have the full details of the case of the soldier on a bike you referred to. Did the police give a reason for stopping him and seizing the bike? You may want to give more info if you have it.

What is revealing is your description of the traffic stop of this lone soldier as a lack of 'respect'. That is the problem right there. This matter of 'respect' (or the lack of it) is a recurring decimal in these clashes between Nigerian soldiers and everybody else. Nigerian soldiers break laws at will and on the rare occasions they are called out, they call it 'disrespect'. undecided

Respect is earned. It is not decreed into existence by a military court. It is earned. And respect is not a cover for condoning illegality - that is nothing but utter perversion. Respect is earned!!

Nigerian military personnel are the privileged class who routinely refuse to obey common sense laws or rules that govern everyone else. And we think this country will ever make it when an institution like the military has this ingrained mindset? Never. We won't.

You claim that the 3 police officers controlling traffic were 'disrespectful' for stopping the bus. In your words, traffic control that slows down a bus with soldiers is 'silly excuses'. undecided Well, a man just doing his job is now dead. His family will have to face life without him now. A breadwinner, a son, possibly a father, uncle, brother, etc. gone forever. And all because Nigerian soldiers have been indoctrinated to believe they are above the law - and can take lives at will without any consequences whatsoever.

If you can't see anything wrong with all this I don't know what else to say to you.

ok, I now understand you, police stopping bike and seizing it, is not cause of crime, it's all about egunje,

Now is the soldier is humble enough to beg the policemen to free the bike, then it necessary the policemen to listen, and if the police can give a good reason for stopping the bike, the soldier won't had react the way he did

Not, it's a personal experience that happened in front of me, and if you knew how those same policemen threat those okada riders you will understand better

as for you main point RESPECT it should be reciprocated, I.e the soldier begging the policemen to consider him,
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by AlphaWolf27: 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
Offpointng:

Under no circumstance should soldiers attack police on duty or even anyone. We have continued to allow this to happen in this country for decades and has become a norm, now they think they are above the law. No one should. If they were running late then they should have left earlier. That's what everyone does. They are no different so lets stop making excuses and justifications that don't add up. In other words, this is murder and even the CO of the cantonment should be reprimanded for allowing such abuses to happen in his base. that way others will sit up knowing they will be held accountable for the actions of their boys especially in their areas of jurisdiction. Its as simple as that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Munamoqel: 4:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

The last time this happened was in 1992. I know Nigeria is behind the world and all that. And martial law would have been declared before that happened.
I think say u say it never happened say na SWAT ?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by foleskay(m): 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
Heimdal:
This probably wouldn’t have happened if there were traffic lights but welcome to Nigeria where police still direct traffic with hand.
Shut the hell. Wat if there was traffic light and they jumped the light thereby causing deadly accident. You and those army personnel are bunch of retards undecided
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by do4luv14(m): 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
Offpointng:

You seem to be the only sensible person to see from my point of view

thing is that most people don't understand why most soldier's did what they did, even to policemen, especially that policemen part
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by newdawn2017(f): 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
abobote:
Family business

I like the way soldiers humble police in Nigeria
me too dear
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by newdawn2017(f): 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2022
ShaqFu:
Wow. What a mess. The Nigeria Police have been so fond of being notorious to the people they are suppose to protect to the extent that when things like this happen, nobody has anything sympathy for them, some if not many Nigerians will Cheer this act by the Nigeria Army.

All the same, what those Army men did is not good at all. They need to be reprimanded and if possible, tried for the murder and assault of that Police officer.

It's almost a norm now in Nigeria that our men and women in security outfit now believe they are above the law, just because they wear uniforms and carry rifles. This damaged mindset of theirs need to stop immediately. This is so bad. I feel for the family of the dead police officer. In this hard times having to lose the bread winner of the family isn't funny at all, especially in such a manner that could have been avoided.

Let justice prevail and deal with the men of the Nigeria Army who did this condemnation act.
shattap there! Who will reprimand the police for all their murders & other naferious activities in d citizens. This is a good & welcome development so far as I concerned. undecided
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by newdawn2017(f): 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
ScamHunter:

Really? They were in a hurry and couldn't wait for 3 minutes but were not in a hurry to fight and beat the policemen for 15-20 minutes? The reason why Nigeria would continue not to work is this your type of reasoning.
Is Nigeria the only country with a military? Why are we not hearing that those who are supposed to be the most disciplined professionals are always messing up in places like even Ghana?
If these soldiers do not acknowledge constituted authority like traffic police. how are you sure they would obey traffic light? They would as well endanger the lives of other road users by refusing to stop at traffic lights because being a soldier means being above the law or rather, being lawless.

Would those soldiers beat up ISWAP, Boko Haram and Bandits who are ready to meet them fire for fire? Do we not see them complain of poor equipment and superior firepower when the chips are down? Let's just admit that this country isn't working bruv
let d welfare of & Their salaries & allowances increase to d basic salaries according to ranks as their counterparts abroad 1st let's see something. .
that's is y I keep say saying [url]#soworeforpresident2023[/url] is d only answer. He has said these in his manifesto about d welfare of d galant soldiers, recognizing that they re our citizens too, sons, husbands, father's, boyfriends, brothers, & friends. They signed a death warrant... They re just like agbobakun, while d king is federal republic of Nigeria, any hard that comes to Nigeria comes to them. Those recruits should be paid %50 higher than a new entry NNPC , NIMASSA, staffs & councilors with other benefits. Their barracks isn't supposed to be a rural settlements as it is now, ugly & dirty. With dirt road allover, its suppose to be like Inside she'll camp, Intels camp, prodeco camp or that life camp Abuja yes! The schools the is r kids attend should be like schools here in lekki. Because it's with their lives they defend dis country from insurgents & other mauruding militias. They stay away so we can sleep, they go hungry for days in d bushes so we can go about our hustles, lest their be money enough for them to at least make up for their sbset from their wives & girlfriends, they should be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with their counterpart abroad. Yes, they re like doctors, & oil company workeds, yetho those people didn't sign death warrant. Any other protest should be for our brave & self soldiers welfare[url].#wecantcontinuelikethis[/url]
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by newdawn2017(f): 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
Karlovich:
embarassed This is Tinubu's Lagos in action, this sort of crap was unheard of during GEJ or Obasanjo. APC is a very demonic party that must be avoided at all costs, spits.
hence [url]#soworeforpresident2023[/url]
[url]#wecantcontinuelikethis[/url]
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by newdawn2017(f): 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
They can only beat police to death but can't arrest and kill bandits, always lying that bandits ran away with gunshot wounds each time. Nigeria Army are cowards, useless institution that needs to be sanitized. Oh,well! Obi is coming
but d NPF is under a curse naa. Such incident re as d consequences of d curses place on them. undecided
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by newdawn2017(f): 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2022
Quaddafi29:
This country is very disgusting, instead of charging the soldiers for murder and giving them appropriate punishment, they will be freed and maybe promoted. I am sure the soldiers are from the army ethnicity while the police are(was) from the 5% ethnicity. I regret being born here. Shit!!
of yes, promoted. That what happens when u rid d society of bad rubbish. undecided
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Fujiyama: 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
Splitmind:
Idiot come and see the real story. Get a life you jobless boy.

^^^
grin

Its hard being a troll.

All that effort and hard work put into being a complete nuisance. And some foolish people don't respect it? undecided What is the world coming to?

I know how you feel. Even if nobody else does, I understand you. I believe in you. cheesy

Keep the faith. High speed trolling is a noble calling and it is not for everybody.

You are appreciated. wink
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by Bases: 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
Offpointng:

Allow them to pass for the sake of peace because they are above the law? Bro, those policemen were at their duty post at that time and should be obeyed by all sensible citizens. Where exactly are they rushing to? To fight boko haram or rescue a kidnapped victim? If you don't know, many soldiers behave like nobody can question or stop them even when they are breaking the law. They did what they did due to arrogance, superiority complex, youthful exuberance and lack of regard for constituted authority.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos by gulfer: 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
Civilians harrased by police and Lastma, Police and Lastma harrassed by Soldiers; so who's left to harrass soldiers but God and Karma angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / Photos From Ayiri Emami's Birthday Party In His Mansion / Video Of Buhari’s Supporters At Abuja House In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.