Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:36 AM

Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi (33078 Views)

France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties / Russia retaliates, bans Obama, 499 US Citizens over US sanctions / Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by tishbite42: 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2022
TechtraGadgets:

Which countries recognizes China and Taiwan as two separate countries? And does the US recognize Taiwan as a separate country?

Let's begin there
Don't mind the clown
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Parkji: 4:14pm On Aug 07, 2022
tishbite42:
Simple answer to your question: they can't. I know that and you know that.
PUTAARDS GAT BRAIN PROBLEM
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by AlphaTaikun: 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2022
Daum:
Thank God we don't have China as a neighbor. The Chinese are more domineering than the Americans. The Americans know how to make deals. Americans can even make deal with the devil they don't mind. China on the other hand just uses it's numbers to intimidate others. Like these guys are 1.4 billion. They have an army of 2 million. They have the numbers. High numbers. They have grown in the space of 40 years like no other nation has grown. During the leadership of Chairman Mao, China was very poor. They had a disastrous leap forward and cultural revolution that destroyed their identity. But like I said, the Americans can make deal with anyone...When China opened up to a free market system which is against the principles of Karl Marx to be sincere, it was America and her allies who came in with the big bag to invest. They saw cheap labor and took advantage of it.... The Chinese used that opportunity to lift over 300 milion people out of poverty. That makes me laugh when I see so many anti western comments...you ask yourself who has Russia lifted. The Russians couldn't even help China up. The Americans first helped the Chinese against the Japanese and then helped the Chinese again in their economic miracle. Is capitalism and free market not beautiful...it built the power houses in South Korea and Japan. Singapore and Hong Kong....See how it is revolutionizing the Taiwanese economy.

I think China should just find a way to maintain the status quo and get a leader who is less assertive over his Taiwan claims. They should lure in the Taiwanese that's all. It's foolish shooting your own people and destroying your own economy and lives of people to prove a point that you're big. Yes the world knows you're big. We respect you.... it would be foolish to let the Americans cause another war between you and your kins...

Well like all dictatorships they're kin on brutality. If they could shoot their own students in Tianamen, they can shoot dissident Taiwanese.

The problem with Taiwan are the new generation who have no idea what china is. They don't even care, to them all their lives have been in Taiwan. They're free to travel and do anything they want. They see no reason why they should even go back to the mainland. Those guys are the problem.

I wish for peace between them.
Till then America will be a deterrent to China for now.
Nicely put!

Like I maintained earlier in my posts on this thread, and elsewhere online, The Mainland Chinese have dodgy military ambitions to
subjugate others in the medium to long-term.

If the U.S. collapses like the Roman Empire did, the Chinese will move in militarily against neighboring countries like Imperial Japan did in the years leading right up to the 1941 horrendous Japanese attacks on the U.S. Pearl Habor in Hawaii.
Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by Nobody: 5:07am On Aug 08, 2022
fxexperts:

If I say this guy is still a kid he will not believe. Keep going about your normal line of delivery from slavery rubbish talk. You for one doesn't even know what slavery is about. Because your ancestors where taken as slaves mean you still have to carry the slave tag on your forehead, then by all means suit yourself. You are a slave to the west, but I am not, and like I said I have had face to face dealings with American's and Europeans on many occasion. Don't think because i am on a faceless forum with you mean I am like you or will ever be like you. God forbid. You are still obviously a kid with the slavery mentality wrap around your forward, that is why you are still thinking you have to fight to break away from your chains of slavery. You know nothing about life and human psychology, I doubt if you are even educated.

You fill your heart with hate and wish evil on the west is that not witchcraft in action, all because you want to break your chain slavery, because you think of yourself as a slave, and the only way to get ride of your chains is to change from one slave master (West) to another(Asia). This will be my last reply to you. Stop harboring such mentality it will only destroy you. Peace.

A reasonable reply. But why didn't Russia use diplomacy and negotiation to win Ukraine over and China Negotiation to win Win Taiwan over. Why just the show of force. And trust me these countries are signing up to be members of NATO because of the fact they cannot trust Russia and China. Don't be the big bad neighbor next door and expect all your neighbors to love you. no you only get what you give out.

Says the ignorant one.

Why has God not killed the devil yet. Because in trial and tribulation people tend to seek their savior and master. If Russia is defeated today. Then there will be no need for NATO anymore. no country will sign up for that shit. Russians are the ones making NATO to grow more in numbers. Same reason why you had pay extra to employ local Vigilante in your area due to increase in criminal activities in your area. Know this and know peace.

Read your message again, don’t you think you have bipolar disorder?
Have you answered my questions?

I’m 100% sure you never crossed the shores of Nigeria before.. let’s debate intelligently not with you jumping from 1 question to the other.

What is “being woke” to you?
How old were you when America(NATO) bombed Yugoslavia in 1999….?
What kind of business do you do with Americans and Europeans? You keep lying to your self.

Why do you think Taiwan is very important to China?

Do you know who Julian assange is? Tell me what he uncovered about America.

How old were you when Nelson Mandela was the president of South Africa?

Do you know the story of Haile Selassie of Ethiopia?
Do you know the story of Patrice lumumba of DR of Congo?

Who was the president of Russia during the Cold War?

What happened In Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

What do you understand by unipolar world and multipolar world?

What do you understand by “world order”…?

Why is the American dollar the universal trade currency and why did the petrodollar came to be?

I would really like you to answer the few questions above, I know you will use google but it’s part of the process of educating you.

2 Likes

Re: Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi by ike007(m): 11:43pm On Aug 08, 2022

A reasonable reply. But why didn't Russia use diplomacy and negotiation to win Ukraine over and China Negotiation to win Win Taiwan over. Why just the show of force. And trust me these countries are signing up to be members of NATO because of the fact they cannot trust Russia and China. Don't be the big bad neighbor next door and expect all your neighbors to love you. no you only get what you give out.

Now look at it this way...Do you know that there are anti Russian sentiments in Ukraine since the toppling of the assassination of tsar Nicholas II? Okay fast forward to WW2. Nazism has been been wide spread? Hitler sought to incorporate these same Ukrainian people into his Aryan society.
You know these Aryan brotherhood or system is highly anti communist. This same Ukrainian till date is supporting these neo Nazi and have been sympathetic to their course. Anyway Russia invaded because people of the Donbars area which is a Russian speaking side saw the need for independence and also to remain in the Russian federation.
America is not friends with any southern American country. Only Canada. Western Europe have allied themselves with the United States because since ww2 and of cause the bail out funds of the martial plan in 1948, it would be obvious that they wouldn't want to bite the hand that has been feeding them. that's why they even hated trump because this money would have stopped flowing in. See the way he started cutting every fund leaving the states?
As for China that's another story all together. Taiwan and Hong Kong has been stolen away from china since the Opium wars of the last 1800s. One of the resolution was take other Chinese lands and island but leaving mainland mandarin china for the Chinese for 100 years..it's been over a hundred years..why hasn't Taiwan gone back to it's rightful owner.?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed / Fatou Toufah Jallow: I Was Raped By Yahya Jammeh / Sudan's Warring Factions Agree To A 72-hour Nationwide Ceasefire - Blinken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.