Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover (747 Views)

If Peter Obi will have been Better, Nigerians would Have Voted for Him - Wike / Osinbajo: I Am The Most Qualified Presidential Aspirant In APC / Moment Tinubu Disowned Osinbajo: I Have No Son Grown For Presidency (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by Sunnyshinylight(f): 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2022
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has told Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that if the All Progressives Congress (APC) had picked Vice President Yemi Osinbajo as its presidential candidate he would have declared support for the Vice President after he lost out in the PDP primaries.

http:///5b132187220804en_ng?link=1&client=mini

A source close to the meeting which held at Namadi Sambo’s residence in Abuja told Chronicle NG that Wike gave Atiku some conditions, if they must work together and he made it clear that if Atiku doesn’t meet the conditions, he might be forced to work with Peter Obi.

The Rivers government however stressed that working for or with Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is not an option.

The meeting was subsequently adjourned to allow Atiku go home to process the demands made by Wike before returning to the negotiation table.

http:///5b132187220804en_ng?link=1&client=mini
According to the source, “The first thing Wike told Atiku is that he is lucky APC didn’t pick Osinbajo, otherwise he would have declared for Osinbajo and APC even if Osinbajo didn’t ask for it.”

“He said he cannot join Asiwaju Bola Tinubu because of the Muslim Muslim ticket,” the source said.

The source told Chronicle NG that Wike accused Atiku of undermining him for Governor Ifeanyi Okowa who was the one who convened a meeting of all Southern Governors (APC and PDP) right in Delta State, where they all agreed power must return to South.

“It’s the same Okowa that Atiku picked as running mate and he didn’t remember they all agreed power must return to South,” the source said.

Wike then told Atiku he has some level of control over five PDP governors and that it would be the deciding factor for who will win 2023 between Tinubu and Atiku.

Wike told Atiku that he spent over 60 million dollars on Atiku between 2018 until very recently and that he didn’t deserve the treatment Atiku meted to him.

Wike said he would not have taken the VP slot, given his character and personality, but at least he should have been given the offer of first refusal.

Wike went on to hint on how prepared he is to attack and demolish the Muslim Muslim ticket of APC, adding that, he’s in possession of official and classified documents indicting Shettima over #ChibokGirls and his involvement with the Boko Haram sect, adding that, he was a Minister then and could account for what happened then.

According to the source, the meeting was a good meeting that has opened doors for further negotiation between the two leaders, as facilitated by Senator Bukola Saraki and others.
Re: If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by Sunnyshinylight(f): 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2022
Surely
Re: If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by EDSG2028: 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
This same noise cost you the VP slot. Stop making news and concentrate on building flyovers.
You and your predecessors are good at wasting rivers money for such slots and in the end, you go into oblivion. Learn from your last two? SMH
Re: If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by Zandena(f): 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
Because he's your fellow religious bigots from south!
Power must return to the south or war- Wike
Now the ruling party has chosen a southerner as its flagbearer: wike: I'll have moved to APC if Osinbajo was the flagbearer!
You see your stinking bigotry and hypocrisy
Nothing stopped the wicked or wike from supporting asiwaju except religious consideration.
What's the fundamental difference between Bola and Osinbajo ? Ofcourse religion.
Southerners who play religious cards in 2023 would lose fatally!
Re: If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by pharmagba: 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
I love this Wike man the more
Re: If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by beelon1020(m): 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
OGA wike... no worries sir.. face your man Atiku... besides political prostitution is bad... No copy them sir...
Re: If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by Sunnyshinylight(f): 3:18pm On Aug 05, 2022
HIGH quality
Re: If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by Sunnyshinylight(f): 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2022
You got it
Re: If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by TheRareGem1(f): 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
Everybody knows Osinbajo is a fantastic leader.
Re: If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by Zeemam: 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
APC greatest mistake and am sure they are regretting the mistake they made.
Re: If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by Shooyie: 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
Prof is a great asset and he should have been the Presidential candidate for APC.
Re: If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by Joyce95: 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
Funny one, APC has done a very big mistake by picking Osinbajo.
Re: If APC Had Picked Osinbajo, I Would Have Declared For Him, Wike Tells Atikugover by okefranci: 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
Osinbajo is a great asset

(1) (Reply)

Brother-in-law To Gov. Wike: You’re Becoming An Aimless Villain. / Why Is Nobody Walking For Atiku Anywhere? / FULANI INSTALLED IGWE SELLING LANDS IN IGBOLAND. IGWE OF ACHALLA. SUNNY NWOKEDI.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.