Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party (27939 Views)

Former NBA Chairman, Olumide Akpata Joins Labour Party (Pix) / Senate Majority Leader, Yahaya Abdullahi Dumps APC, Joins PDP / Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by Fira09(m): 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
Nigeria’s former Ambassador to India, Gen. Eze dumps APC, joins Labour Party

Nigeria’s former Ambassador to India, Maj.-Gen. Chris Eze (rtd.), has dumped the All Progressives Congress, APC, for Labour Party.

Eze, from Udenu Local Government Area (LGA) of Enugu State, hinged his decision on the Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket of the APC.

He disclosed this in a letter dated Aug. 4, 2022, addressed to the Chairman, APC, Udunedem Ward in Udenu LGA and made available to newsmen on Friday in Enugu.

The retired Major General said that his decision to quit the party was due to the controversy that had trailed the nomination of the party’s flag-bearers in the 2023 presidential election.

Eze, who was the first elected secretary of the APC in Enugu State, said that he would join the Labour Party (LP) to support the presidential candidate of the party, Mr Peter Obi.

He also said that his resignation from the APC was to support the gubernatorial and senatorial ambitions of Messers Chijioke Edeoga and Okey Ezea, respectively, in the LP.

“I cannot in good conscience defend the party’s Muslim-Muslim ticket in the coming campaign for the presidential election.

“I also can no longer bear the dictatorial manner in which the party is administered in the State.

“I believe that Obi, Edeoga and Ezea are the best candidates for presidential, gubernatorial and Enugu North Senatorial elections, respectively,” he said.

Eze said that he was not with the standard of governance in Enugu State and needed a platform that would make life more meaningful to residents of the state.

“I wish to thank the APC and President Muhammadu Buhari for giving me the opportunity to serve as Nigeria’s High Commission to India,” Eze said.

Eze was a member, Security Sub-Committee, APC Presidential Campaign Committee in 2015.

Reacting, the APC Chairman in the State, Mr. Ugo Agballa, said that he was not dictatorial.

Agballa said that he had never taken decisions without due consultations from party stakeholders.

“The problem with some of our members is that I have refused to yield to their selfish demands. It is no longer business as usual.

“The APC needs members that have capacity, competence and electoral values and not those who cannot win their polling units.

“We are currently on a ‘thank you’ tour of the electoral wards in the State to find out those who are real members of the APC,” he said.

Agballa said that the leadership of the party in the State was committed to throwing the party open to genuine leaders “and this has resulted to the party growing in leaps and bounds”.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/05/nigerias-former-ambassador-to-india-gen-eze-dumps-apc-joins-labour-party/

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by Fira09(m): 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
like for PETER OBI

Share for BOLA TINUBU

*Modified*

From the likes and shares of Nairalanders.......No two ways about it, PETER OBI is the incoming president of Nigeria

714 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by ThrownBack: 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
A very Obidient General.

We salute you Sir.

295 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by tony0806: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
He did well. More to come

119 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by ThrownBack: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
Chinkoalhaji34:
God Bless the incoming president 2023 Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. No matter what they say, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is our next president 2023.
Foolish youths

227 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by saintokwuluora(m): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
He merits the rank of Field Marshall. He has exhibited courage and patriotism in this singular effort to rescue Nigeria. Simple Obidience is what Nigeria needs to become Great again.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by Olojuobinrin(m): 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
His contract expired in APC

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by CrazyMan(m): 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
Anything to rescue Nigeria from it's current state is a welcome development. Hopefully we'll get it right next year.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by BESTScientist1: 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
It takes some level of soundness in you to work for PETER OBI regardless of your tribe or faith.

Speaking with some yorubas recently, it's obvious the problem of this country isn't the leaders is the FOOLS that vote in these leaders. Many just because of very many insane reasons..... questions should be:
Can he give me what I need, can this person deliver for the country on every front, etc

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by Magnumproperty: 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
What an Obidient man!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by boldking(m): 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
In PETER OBI was light and the light was the life of NIGERIANS…vote for a new Nigeria, vote for OBI, a vote for TINUBU is a WASTED vote

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by unclejb2(m): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Nigeria must be Obidient

It's either we fix Nigeria in 2023 or we fix Nigeria in 2023.

I have my PVC and I will vote for Peter Obi

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by Kentuforchrist(m): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Obi is a goal
Say no to agbado and cassava
grin

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
APC is finished

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by Conner44: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Welcome to labor party. Please remember to remain obedient and useful

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by fitinwell: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Fira09:
Nigeria’s former Ambassador to India, Gen. Eze dumps APC, joins Labour Party

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/05/nigerias-former-ambassador-to-india-gen-eze-dumps-apc-joins-labour-party/

It's expected

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by muykem: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Same IPOB, same 5%.

210 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by Evaromantik(m): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Welcome to the moving train.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by DukeofUmueri247: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ok...We should all be OBIDIENT..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by PandoraObi: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
As expected, he dump the party because he is Igbo and want to support his Igbo tribe's man, if it is because of Muslim Muslim ticket he should have joined SDP, NNPC, APkuGA or PDP, but he went to Labour party where there is Peter Obi, that is why people are saying Peter Obi is Igbo presidential candidate

214 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by donaldking100: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
Chinkoalhaji34:
God Bless the incoming president 2023 Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. No matter what they say, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is our next president 2023.

According to Pastor David Ibiyomie, and i quote......
"The Bible says in the book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 10: Woe unto the nation whose leader is a child.
So if you are planning on voting-in a child who moves around wearing pampers, then you a fool & a very big failure."
Those were the words of Ibioyomie.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by FreeStuffsNG: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
So our ex Ambassador to India is from the SE yet India keeps receiving most of its drug felons from Nigeria shocked

I have always been concerned about why our youth mostly from the SE are the ones arrested and paraded for drug charges in India.

Someone or groups of folks in our mission in India obviously made it easy and popular to travel to India for drugs among youths in the SE. Sadly our youths are languishing over there and may not even return alive after finishing their sentencing.

All those guys in our mission in India need to be deployed elsewhere just in case they are overwhelmed or already compromised.

The lives of SE Youths too matter! Stay off crimes and drug please. It does not pay. Remember your family and loved ones.

Check my signature for freebies!

209 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by yomi961: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
Not like APC had any chance in enugu anyways.
Meanwhile atiku abubakar is the best man to take us out of the bottomless pit to the promise Land.
PDP power to the people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by afbstrategies: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
shocked
Some agbado and cassava people won't sleep well tonight

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by sotall(m): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
cool

Action Congress loading
Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by Jemex003: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
ThrownBack:

Foolish youths

What about you biggest fool?

1 Like

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by AfonjaNaBastard(f): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
We have rejected this demented old criminal called Tilumpoo in 2023. We reject affliction and poverty!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Eze Dumps APC, Joins Labour Party by malali: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
BIAFRA LABOR PARTY.

PETER OBI DID NOT SAY A WORD WHEN AHMED GULAK WAS ASSASINATED......HE WAS THE VP ASPIRANT,HIGH RANKING SAME PARTY MEMBER WITH AHMED GULAK........THIS IS THE MAN, THAT WANTS TO BE PRESIDENT ?

IF YOU KNOW....YOU KNOW.

IF YOU DONT GERRIT FORGET ABOUT IT.

WE SHALL NEVER FORGET AHMED GULAK

11 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: PDP Leaders Meet Kwankwaso, Target Saraki / More Video: Buhari Arrival At Home State Of Katsina For APC Rally / Stop Herdsmen Attack On Yoruba - OPC Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.