Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source (40176 Views)

Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) / Yothaka, Thailand Erects Penis Statue To 'Battle' An Ongoing Drought / BBC Africa: Ugandan 'explorer Renames London River' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by naijapikin2(m): 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
Oya righteousness over to you. grin Oya reveal the revelation that is revolutionary in revolving the rovolver.. cool..
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by PharmacyStore: 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
Climate change is real
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by kramer: 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
DanseMacabre:
Where's Pastor Righteousness when you need him

I hellfire doing sekem sekem
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by adedehinbo(m): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
Meanwhile! In Nigeria,cold want to finish us,snow may soon be falling down in south. Hope it's not that God is punishing this oyinbos

1 Like

Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by walexy1(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
Well, it was expected because the heat in July was terrible.

I saw many people walking on the streets wearing nothing but a short wondering about while the ladies wear very light tops, almost waking naked. It wasn't funny at all. I recored temperature of 40 degree Celsius. Even in the house, our windows and doors were constantly opened, wearing only shorts and sweating like a Christmas goat!

It was even more terrible because only a few people have air-conditioners installed in their residences, na heater full everywhere. I pray that kind of temperature don't occur again. I was feeling so sorry for my Son, had to constantly cool him down with cold water.

So, I am not surprised River Thames is receding and drying up due to the heat. The news says more heat is on the way now. I tire ooo.
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by bitingcool: 8:48pm On Aug 05, 2022
FalseProphet1:
O ye sinful world, the end has come, get ready for the rapture cos its going to happen sooner than expected.

I see many top Nigerian pastors missing the rapture, I see them in their churches still conducting service and collecting offerings and tithes after the rapture, I see them deceiving their members by telling them that God specifically told them to stay behind so that they can win more souls for him.

I see guilble members especially females believing them and giving them all they have including sex.

This I have seen.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

The great falseprophet of Nairaland
Abeg is Nigerian headed for an Agbadorian future or an Obidient Destiny. Great @falseProphet1, prophesy!!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by nkem1992: 8:50pm On Aug 05, 2022
Obidient4life3:
Heat wey don dey do us since time immemorial and our water no dry, Just once we e do oyibo their water couldn't take it anymore.
Vawulent comrade sighted

1 Like

Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by omojeesu(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
CNN Hmmm
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Obidient4life3: 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2022
nkem1992:

Vawulent comrade sighted

grin grin grin grin

Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Hushbingo: 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hmmm

Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Iamzik: 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Wow!!! Honestly,I did not see this coming!
I have been seeing whole stretches of rivers dry up in Madagascar, Lebanon etc but this UK's own will shake the western news tabloid.
Meanwhile BP and Shell are declaring record bumper profits!They better make them fund the reclamation of the thames. The environmental destruction has eventually caught up with them.
They must pass a climate remedy tax on BP and Shell.
check my signature for freebies!

Hmmm I think that nothing can stop climate change. No amount of tax or solar panel or electric car.

Should we reduce pollution? Absolutely....clean water clean air as much as possible.
Should this be enforced by passing Draconian climate laws and taxes. No!

Fossil fuel is here to stay. Nuclear energy and modern coal plants are way better than a billion solar panel, windfarms or EV battery.

Emission from mordern ICE are not significant and I believe that green energy will complement but cannot eliminate fossil fuel

It is in the very nature of climate to change and it's been changing even before we inhabited this planet...and it will keep changing.

Politicians need to take their hands off climate. It has become too political

Cheers
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Eriokanmi: 9:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
I remember this river. Thamesmead easily comes to mind. cheesy
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Nicepoker(m): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sammy07:
cheesy
Small heat, their rivers don dey shake cheesy

Heat wey we don normal for us here cheesy

Sokoto heat na ur mate?
U go put hot water in outside, e go turn cold within few minutes
you want to compare a country with a temperate climate and a country with a tropical climate.
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by SugarGirl44(f): 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
Onpẹ.
Since we can't get justice for what they did to us Africans, nature is doing that for us.
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Sammy07: 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
Nicepoker:
you want to compare a country with a temperate climate and a country with a tropical climate.

No na
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Oduduwa707: 10:06pm On Aug 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Wow!!! Honestly,I did not see this coming!
I have been seeing whole stretches of rivers dry up in Madagascar, Lebanon etc but this UK's own will shake the western news tabloid.
Meanwhile BP and Shell are declaring record bumper profits!They better make them fund the reclamation of the thames. The environmental destruction has eventually caught up with them.
They must pass a climate remedy tax on BP and Shell.
check my signature for freebies!

What happened to Funsho Williams? undecided

Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
Three Levels Of Power And Anointing.

Apostle Joshua Selman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_AHwE99iJk
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by zainabhoney4: 10:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
i thought it was cold i thought it was cold ...
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Panda7(m): 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
i have never seen any environmental defects in africa, are the white really mad sad
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by AngelicBeing: 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2022
FalseProphet1:
O ye sinful world, the end has come, get ready for the rapture cos its going to happen sooner than expected.

I see many top Nigerian pastors missing the rapture, I see them in their churches still conducting service and collecting offerings and tithes after the rapture, I see them deceiving their members by telling them that God specifically told them to stay behind so that they can win more souls for him.

I see guilble members especially females believing them and giving them all they have including sex.

This I have seen.
if this Prophecy doesn't come to pass, you will be flogged by AngelicBeings with 700 million lashes of koboko laden with chilly pepper, Rapture will take place and those who are genuinely bornagain and saved will be Raptured home, and if you are a false prophet, you better repent and be a Genuine Prophet or else, you will be flogged by AngelicBeings tongue

1 Like

Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by onuman: 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2022
newnigerdelta00:

Is APC that caused it now? Everything APC
It could be true. APC is a harbinger of doom.
See the misfortune of thirst and hunger APC brought to Nigeria.
Buhari and Tinubu frequent the UK for medical treatment; they might have taken the misfortune to the UK.

Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by meobizy(f): 1:11am On Aug 06, 2022
Ignorant Nairaland comments fall into two categories; annoying or amusing. These ones are of the latter. Still it amazes how truly uneducated our population is. Literacy is not only being able to read and write, you have to keep educating yourself.
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by assholemods: 2:37am On Aug 06, 2022
Sammy07:
cheesy
Small heat, their rivers don dey shake cheesy

Heat wey we don normal for us here cheesy

Sokoto heat na ur mate?
U go put hot water for outside, e go turn cold within few minutes
You be real olodo! You dey Naija dey type rubbish! Come the city wey I dey live and see heat wey pass Sokoto.
Between do you know the relationship between humidity and temperature?
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by assholemods: 2:39am On Aug 06, 2022
Cheapgadget:
Na God Dey punish those Oyinbo so
Very local way of reasoning! Haven't you read about climate change? Educate yourself!
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Roycemadeit(m): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

It is quite illogical to believe that as big as the sun is, it could not be seen by everybody on earth at the same time. But, Jesus would appear in the sky and will be seen by everybody, at once, and then, everybody put on white garments to fly up to the sky. Only to arrive at a place where there are different ranks and inequality between those who won more souls and those who didn't.

I suppose the most incredible thing is that the raptured would inhabit the New Jerusalem.

Well, the black man, who is Yoruba, who claims he is Abraham's son, would ascribe to himself an Israeli tribe maybe Reubenite or Benjamite but not his tribe Yoruba, is not that lying?

He would find his black ass hurled down to the hell.
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 06, 2022
This is CERN's doing by manipulating weather. God punish those bastards.
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by JaskanFactor: 8:37am On Aug 06, 2022
Its climate change depopulation agenda FAKE NEWS.
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:59am On Aug 06, 2022
Ashleyadams:
Honestly, there are better things to discuss about
Like what
Re: London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:04am On Aug 06, 2022
Iamzik:

Hmmm I think that nothing can stop climate change. No amount of tax or solar panel or electric car.

Should we reduce pollution? Absolutely....clean water clean air as much as possible.
Should this be enforced by passing Draconian climate laws and taxes. No!

Fossil fuel is here to stay. Nuclear energy and modern coal plants are way better than a billion solar panel, windfarms or EV battery.

Emission from mordern ICE are not significant and I believe that green energy will complement but cannot eliminate fossil fuel

It is in the very nature of climate to change and it's been changing even before we inhabited this planet...and it will keep changing.

Politicians need to take their hands off climate. It has become too political

Cheers
Spot on.
An independent thinker

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Malia's Graduation: Obama Misses Muhammad Ali's Funeral / The 8 Most Elite Special Forces In The World / Donald Trump And Barack Obama Meet At White House-BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.