Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers (4653 Views)

Crisis Brews As Dogara Moves To Strip Lasun Of Powers: Nation / River Water Level Rises Above Bridge As Man Drowns In Plateau State (Photos) / Bravery: Naval Officer Sacrificed Himself After Discovering Boko Haram Landmine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Funkymallam(m): 10:06am On Aug 03, 2011
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by aljharem3: 10:10am On Aug 03, 2011
Uncommon bravery Man seizes kidnappers’ riffle, shoots one in the back
From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka
Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Photo: The Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Call him super civilian and you may not be wrong for it is only an extraordinary man that could prove wrong the popular saying by the late pillar of sports, Chief M.K.O Abiola that only a mad man would fight with bare hands a man brandishing a gun.

Hon. Frank Igboka, former chief whip of the Anambra State House of Assembly on June 2, was faced with a life-threatening situation when he was abducted by gunmen believed to be kidnappers. But with a warrior’s heart and in a Rambo style, he without anything confronted his abductors and in the process, over-powered them and seized one of their AK47 riffles.

The politician who said he was once a wrestler, however, attributed his bravery and escape to divine intervention, noting at a point in the encounter, he said his last prayers and prepared his mind to die.
Igboka told his story to Daily Sun and also advised the police on some security issues.

My encounter with kidnappers
First and foremost, I have to give thanks and glory to God Almighty for saving my life from the hands of the kidnappers. It was a terrible experience, terrible situation indeed. Before the incident, I have been having feelings about such incident happening, but because I couldn’t fish out exactly what sign I’m experiencing until the day of the incident on June 2nd. I went to mass in the morning. It was the feast of ascension. I came out and went to my house, finished all my daily activities and wanted to drive down to the state capital.

All of a sudden, I saw people coming from my back with an Infinity Jeep and blocked me immediately and started shouting with AK47 riffles that the occupant of the vehicle should come down. I stopped and came down from the car and they started demanding for my phones and all that. Before then, the phone fell down and we started searching for the phone and when they were about to go and pick the phone where the phone fell down, I picked up race, trying to run for my dear life and they pursued me, fired several shots at me, but I was lucky and was not touched by any bullet.

They followed me behind and I could not find where to hide or where to protect myself. They came to that place and re-arrested me, took me to their vehicle and abandoned my own vehicle there and vamoosed. Heading towards Aniocha local government, they were communicating to the other group because they were two groups with two vehicles. The other group parked somewhere. Getting to that point, they were communicating, giving them directions of where to go to. The guy wrongly took another direction instead of the proper direction they were giving him.

My miraculous escape
Heading towards that Aniocha LG, they spotted a police check point accidentally, they immediately made a U-turn and fired in the air and the police also fired at them and they started running helter-skelter to escape, thinking that the policemen were also pursuing them and I was asking them to stop, that the policemen will fire on us and all that. They said I should keep quiet and forced my head down. It was at that point that I picked up a lot of courage and pounced on the person with the AK47 and we started struggling. I pointed the mouth of the gun at the driver’s side so that even if at all the man wants to shoot, he will get the driver.

Because of that, the driver smelt danger and parked the vehicle. The man jumped down with the AK47, I came down immediately, pounced on him and we started to struggle. I took the position of the gun where the trigger is, I fired on the trigger; there was no bullet inside. Immediately, I cocked it, he was holding the mouth of the gun, he immediately released his hand from the gun and then I fired at him at the back, he shouted and jumped back into the vehicle, the driver moved the vehicle immediately and they escaped. The other group turned back again and started firing at me. I was also using that gun to exchange fire with them before they escaped and ran away finally.

Threats from the kidnappers
I give glory to God Almighty; I thank Him for giving me that courage to face them. I recovered that AK47 with three magazines fully loaded with bullets. Since then, I have been receiving anonymous calls that were saying that I should go and drop that gun. Wherever the gun is that I should go and drop it where they will pick it. That if not, whatever that happens to me, I will regret my life.

So, I’m seizing this opportunity to alert the police to be very vigilante because their next line of action is to recover the gun either from the police at the check point. Everybody has to be at alert and also my life is in danger. I know that whoever that God is with, no weapon fashioned against him shall succeed. That is where my faith is and I believe that even if they come 20 times, God must always protect me.

I don’t wish anybody such a thing. I’ve made so much complaints to the police, I’ve mentioned so many things. Where I’m suspecting, the police have been carrying on their investigations. The way I look at it, it looks like the investigation is very, very slow because this gun recovered has a number and needs to be investigated where the gun is coming from so that we can make headway.

My training
I was totally a barrack boy. I was brought up by a military man and I went to military school too. I have an experience about all these things. I won’t say I don’t have knowledge about these things; I have knowledge of it very, very well. So, that is why I was able to do it. Aside, I am a judoka and wrestler; an Olympic champion and I have been practicing. I have to apply all the techniques I know about self defense. That was what saved me. I am an Olympic wrestler, a current champion in the Olympic in Judo and Wrestling. I have won about 30 gold medals.
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Funkymallam(m): 10:33am On Aug 03, 2011
ahj harem, thnx bro
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by jmaine: 10:39am On Aug 03, 2011
This man fit dey use Juju dey form rambo  undecided. . .  How come one bullet no even graze am upon the face to face combat . . .

1 Like

Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 03, 2011
Ibo
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by seanet02: 11:02am On Aug 03, 2011
Ibo
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by seanet02: 11:04am On Aug 03, 2011
i
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by seanet02: 11:06am On Aug 03, 2011
b
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by seanet02: 11:07am On Aug 03, 2011
o
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by seanet02: 11:10am On Aug 03, 2011
o
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by seanet02: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2011
b
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by seanet02: 11:14am On Aug 03, 2011
i
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Chubhie: 11:30am On Aug 03, 2011
Know how + Jazz = Standing a chance against em. Please dont try this if you are not a believer.
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Funkymallam(m): 12:30pm On Aug 03, 2011
seanet and bluetoth. ethnic bigots, mstwwwww
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by aljharem3: 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Ibo
seanet02:

Ibo

you both are sick, ibo this ibo that

tribalism tribalism

Funkymallam:

ahj harem, thnx bro

wink cool
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by seanet02: 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2011
alj_harem:

you both are sick, ibo this ibo that

tribalism tribalism

wink cool
IBO
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by aljharem3: 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2011
seanet02:

IBO

1. it is igbo not ibo

2. why call igbo into to this. this is a national crime
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2011
alj_harem:

1. it is igbo not ibo

Yes. . .national crime committed in iboland by an ibo against another ibo.no wonder,they wanted a southern nigeria where they can kidnap yorubas and hack them to death possibly eat them or offer them to the gods of okija shrine.
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Jakumo(m): 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2011
Balls of steel.   Balls of steel.   

That Judoka probably only used a small fraction of the arm-breaking moves he had honed in his martial arts training over the years.

Good job done by the Sensei, though his marksmanship needs polishing, so he can jellyfish them ALL next time, with better-aimed blasts.

Too bad he can't legally keep that AK.   A good replacement would be a tactical pump action shotgun, and a bag-full of buckshot to comprehensively entertain the bad guys when they try to play a return match.
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by iyeyemi: 2:20pm On Aug 03, 2011
30 Gold medals ke, , thank God for your life sha

1 Like

Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by igbogolo: 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Yes. . .national crime committed in iboland by an ibo against another ibo.no wonder,they wanted a southern nigeria where they can kidnap yorubas and hack them to death possibly eat them or offer them to the gods of okija shrine.

Mr yellowteeth, and whats your point? well you yorubas are content taking money to hack your MKO to death. fools die a thousand times but cowards die in droves. Treacherous ofe mmanu people, and for you to come here to even begin to suggest that igbo's are more diabolical than yoruba's is incredible.

and who even wants to eat a yoruba meat, dirty people

Hiss!
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by pereze: 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2011
Olympic champion, won 30 gold medals,  shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
All follow sha, thank God for your life.
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2011
igbogolo:

Mr yellowteeth, and whats your point? well you yorubas are content taking money to hack your MKO to death. fools die a thousand times but cowards die in droves. Treacherous ofe mmanu people, and for you to come here to even begin to suggest that igbo's are more diabolical than yoruba's is incredible.

and who even wants to eat a yoruba meat, dirty people

Hiss!

Funny. . . dirty people you guys can't do without ? with all the fabricated ibo crap against yorubas,y'all still dying to live in lagos.me think you'd have relocated to your dilapitated villages.Btw what kind of human meat do you eat since yoruba meat no sweet ? Almajiri meat ?
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by chelseabmw(m): 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2011
juju + jazz =Ibo Man
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Greenpro: 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2011
This is a really courageous man, for him to face a man with gun is great.
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by pereze: 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2011
alj_harem:

1. it is igbo not ibo

Ibo is the tribe while Igbo is the language so put it in the right perspective next time.
Meanwhile you don't have to waste time with all these disgruntled fugitives belittling the  the Ibo man's exploit, we all know were they are from and what they can do.
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by beautylash: 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2011
This guy dey bobo us, U be jet li? kai stop there, I happy you escape, am happy for your life is this story is actually true, But please let everybody be warn!!!! DO NOT CONCORT SEASON FILM HERE OO! guns play is no childs play,
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by igbogolo: 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Funny. . . dirty people you guys can't do without ? with all the fabricated ibo crap against yorubas,y'all still dying to live in lagos.me think you'd have relocated to your dilapitated villages.Btw what kind of human meat do you eat since yoruba meat no sweet ? Almajiri meat ?

I do not live in Lagos. Lagos WAS the capital of Nigeria at some time. Igbos live everywhere else Lagos Inclusive. My village is not dilapidated, if you have not been to Nnewi, please shut up! Last time i checked, oshodi, elute metta, ogba, anthony, maza maze, inyana ikpaja, ajah i sin lagos. what other slum or dilapidated village are you talking about,

Seriourly, who really wants to live in Lagos, where I was robbed 8 times, thrice at Gun point within 2 years?
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Ojumiii(m): 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2011
even though GOD is so tired of naija, is still safe one of its citizen, instead of glorifying HIM, we result in tribalism. GOD please you just have continue in our life because we are too fullish as people

1 Like

Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2011
igbogolo:

I do not live in Lagos. Lagos WAS the capital of Nigeria at some time. Igbos live everywhere else Lagos Inclusive. My village is not dilapidated, if you have not been to Nnewi, please shut up! Last time i checked, oshodi, elute metta, ogba, anthony, maza maze, inyana ikpaja, ajah i sin lagos. what other slum or dilapidated village are you talking about,

Seriourly, who really wants to live in Lagos, where I was robbed 8 times, thrice at Gun point within 2 years?

You were robbed by your folks who wanted to go home to show off with their rides,so stop all these thrash yarns.Maybe you should campaign for mass relocation of ibos to nnewi since yorubas are not as violent as the boko harams who won't hesistate to kill you like rats.
Una go see wetin hausa go do una in 2015 when you open your mouth to request for the presidency unfortunately,no yoruba man is gonna make that happen for ibos !
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by philip0906(m): 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2011
^^
If igbos leave y'all know dat yurubas will die of starvation. . . grin grin grin
Re: Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers by babaowo: 3:15pm On Aug 03, 2011
OKIJA protection , IGBO man and juju na wha oooo,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Commissioner For Power Kidnapped With Three College Officials / Gov. Godswill Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom Campaigning For Vice President / EBOLA: Customs Seize Trailer Carrying Monkey Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.