Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (89234 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by zed7: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2022
Unfortunately, most Nigerians don't qualify for this visa. Think twice before wasting funds.

11 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2022
zed7:
Unfortunately, most Nigerians don't qualify for this visa. Think twice before wasting funds.

“Most Nigerians”

So you mean most Nigerians are not advanced degrees holders?, most Nigerians do not have exceptional or extraordinary ability?, most Nigerians are not currently engaged in work that can benefit the US?.

Can you show us how you came about this statistics Sir/Ma?

13 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by aieromon(m): 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2022
NotsonewMary:

“Most Nigerians”

So you mean most Nigerians are not advanced degrees holders?, most Nigerians do not have exceptional or extraordinary ability?, most Nigerians are not currently engaged in work that can benefit the US?.

I think he was referring to the multitude of persons that make up the "Japa" group of potential emigrants.

4 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by aieromon(m): 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2022
Yomite22:
Maybe you should see this:
https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-workers/health-care-worker-certification

This only applies to
- Licensed practical nurses, licensed vocational nurses, and registered nurses;
- Physical therapists;
- Occupational therapists;
- Speech-language pathologists and audiologists;
- Medical technologists (also known as clinical laboratory scientists);
- Medical technicians (also known as clinical laboratory technicians); and
- Physician assistants.

There is the H-2B visa for caregivers but Nigeria is not on the eligible list.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-workers/h-2b-temporary-non-agricultural-workers

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2022
aieromon:

I think he was referring to the multitude of persons that make up the "Japa" group of potential emigrants.

Aight, I see.�
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Yemideee: 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by trilacos: 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2022
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by kollykolly: 6:58am On Aug 13, 2022
aieromon:

You got his/her drift. Those who want to escape by all means and probably rely on doing menial and under the table jobs in the USA. Those ones are largely unskilled and rely on dubious agents mostly located in Lagos dupping people of their hard earned money.

11 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Vanekj: 8:32am On Aug 13, 2022
I sent you a PM.

NotsonewMary:
Hello All,

This thread is dedicated to people who would like to share their employment based immigration stories and pathway for others to learn.

I stand corrected, but I believe one field of USA legal immigration that is not very known to professionals and advanced degree holders in the Nigerian community is the EB-1 and EB-2 NIW route by which a person can self-petition for permanent residency (Greencard).

Below are helpful links that provide broad information on this category.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-employment-based-immigrants

More information specific to EB-1 and EB-2 NIW self petition without a US employer are found in the additional links below.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-first-preference-eb-1

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-6-part-f-chapter-2

https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-second-preference-eb-2

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-6-part-f-chapter-5

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by zed7: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2022
NotsonewMary:

“Most Nigerians”

Do you need the definition of most? That should be your starting point in order to understand that statement.

Lack of basic understanding does not qualify as extraordinary ability in my own opinion.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by zed7: 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2022
aieromon:

Smart dude, that statement was clear enough.
The rave now is to hear everyone wants to relocate at all cost irrespective of whether they qualify or not.

I have already spotted 'school cert' holders on this thread asking for info.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by kollykolly: 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2022
zed7:

Smart dude, that statement was clear enough.
The rave now is to hear everyone wants to relocate at all cost irrespective of whether they qualify or not.

I have already spotted 'school cert' holders on this thread asking for info.
Lol as in japa things as they call it.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by oluezekiel(m): 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2022
NotsonewMary:

Niice!, May God favor those of us in the waiting game. I also recently applied for the EB-2 NIW.

Hoping this thread gets to people who have already been approved so they can share their timeline especially from approval to greencard.

I appreciate everyone that has contributed to this thread so far. Have a beautiful and blessed week ahead everyone!

It would be helpful if those who already submitted their petition could provide a summary of their profile.
Like, Status : F-1, OPT, H-1B etc
Number of Publications/Patents
Letter of Recommendation.

I'm also planning on applying asap but still not sure of the documents that will be needed. I don't want to be wasting money on lawyers consultations.
Hope I'm not asking for too much.

5 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by ireneayeni: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2022
@mikeayus

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 8:21am On Aug 14, 2022
Thank aieromon and NotsonewMary. Great pointers and compilation (notably the official links). Surely, those that would take advantage must researchly read through and action accordingly.
From a US consular viewpoint, see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/employment-based-immigrant-visas.html
The consular provides info on 'FAQ': the types of enquiries lots might want to know in addition to documentations. Such as how long, visa eligibility, even false documentations!
Pls note, for the EB-1 to 5 series of petitions,
- Seemly only EB-1A: a person can petition directly without needing employer (think UK Global Talent)
- international organisations means the likes of your UN, WHO, UNESCO, and the likes, probably also EU, AU ...
- multinationals on the other hand are your Microsoft, Oracle, Meta, Chevron, Mobil, Unilever, big 4 firms and the likes
oluezekiel:
... but still not sure of the documents that will be needed. I don't want to be wasting money on lawyers consultations.
Hope I'm not asking for too much.
aieromon:
Employment-Based Immigration: First Preference EB-1
You may be eligible for an employment-based, first-preference visa if you are a noncitizen of extraordinary ability, are an outstanding professor or researcher, or are a certain multinational executive or manager. Each occupational category has certain requirements that must be met:
NotsonewMary:
Hello All,
This thread is dedicated to people who would like to share their employment based immigration stories and pathway for others to learn.
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-employment-based-immigrants
More information specific to EB-1 and EB-2 NIW self petition without a US employer are found in the additional links below.
https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-first-preference-eb-1

https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-second-preference-eb-2

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2022
EB: How Long Does It Take?
Employment based immigrant visa cases take additional time because they are in numerically limited visa categories. The length of time varies from case to case and cannot be predicted for individual cases with any accuracy. Some cases are delayed because applicants do not follow instructions carefully. Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the consular officer interviews the applicant.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/employment-based-immigrant-visas.html
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 8:25am On Aug 14, 2022
EB Visa Ineligibility
Certain conditions and activities may make an applicant ineligible for a visa. Examples of these ineligibilities include: drug trafficking; overstaying a previous visa; and submitting fraudulent documents. If you are ineligible for a visa, you will be informed by the consular officer and advised whether there is a waiver of the ineligibility available to you and what the waiver process is. Ineligibilities and Waivers: Laws contains the complete list of ineligibilities.
Misrepresentation of Material Facts or Fraud
Attempting to obtain a visa by the willful misrepresentation of a material fact or fraud may result in you becoming permanently ineligible to receive a U.S. visa or enter the United States.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/employment-based-immigrant-visas.html

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by johnJS: 10:50am On Aug 21, 2022
drbabsok:
Yes, I applied for H1B visa from Nigeria and It was granted. Applied for my EB-1 NIW some months ago

Hello, are you able to share more details about your application processes for both the H1B and EB-1 visas? And any anecdotes about your background and the journey thus far in general. Personal identifiers could always be omitted for privacy.

I think the more that it's shared directly on this thread, as opposed to privately on PMs, the more a lot of us will be able to learn.

Thank you

5 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by johnJS: 10:59am On Aug 21, 2022
NotsonewMary:

Niice!, May God favor those of us in the waiting game. I also recently applied for the EB-2 NIW.

Hoping this thread gets to people who have already been approved so they can share their timeline especially from approval to greencard.

I appreciate everyone that has contributed to this thread so far. Have a beautiful and blessed week ahead everyone!

Similar comment to you too. But first thanks so much for taking the time to create this page.

I have visited the US and a couple of European countries for vacation and short business trips (Europe only) a few times and have always thought it could be interesting to have overseas work experience. But only if done legally and with a decent white collar job (my personal preference, nothing wrong with good honest blue collar work)

So to help us more and also to further the conversation, are you able to share more details about your application process for the EB-1 visa, your educational and professional background and the journey thus far in general, personal identifiers being omitted for privacy.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Helpout12345: 4:13am On Aug 22, 2022
And if you know you cannot get enough evidence to proof at least 4 of the 10 criteria, with reputable recommendations letters, don't bother yourself. This is not regular student and visit visa categories.

Apart the high cost, you must proof extra ordinary abilities to get these.

And the way our people will start manufacturing evidences by the time everyone knows about this route, the USCIS might have to create a separate office to handle our cases.

9 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 9:37am On Aug 22, 2022
Each subcategories within the EB category have their own unique requirements/evidences. #NotGeneralised. There's a common thread though (extraordinary in varying degrees).
Folks have already posted on this thread the #danger of #falsification especially from the eyes of the consular: Do so at owns perilous peril.
Helpout12345:
And if you know you cannot get enough evidence to proof at least 4 of the 10 criteria, with reputable recommendations letters, don't bother yourself. This is not regular student and visit visa categories.
Apart the high cost, you must proof extra ordinary abilities[/i] to get these.
And the way [u]our people will start manufacturing evidences
by the time everyone knows about this route, the USCIS might have to create a separate office to handle our cases.

[Earlier posts]
NotsonewMary:
... ... This thread is dedicated to people who would like to share their employment based immigration stories and pathway for others to learn. ...
aieromon:
Employment-Based Immigration: First Preference EB-1
.... Each occupational category has certain requirements that must be met:
semmyk:
Thank aieromon and NotsonewMary. Great pointers and compilation (notably the official links). Surely, those that would take advantage must researchly read through and action accordingly.
From a US consular viewpoint, see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/employment-based-immigrant-visas.html
The consular provides info on 'FAQ': the types of enquiries lots might want to know in addition to documentations. Such as how long, visa eligibility, even false documentations! ... ...
semmyk:
EB Visa Ineligibility
Certain conditions and activities may make an applicant ineligible for a visa. ... ...
Misrepresentation of Material Facts or Fraud ... ...
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by UmmZayd: 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2022
semmyk:
Each subcategories within the EB category have their own unique requirements/evidences. #NotGeneralised. There's a common thread though (extraordinary in varying degrees).
Folks have already posted on this thread the #danger of #falsification especially from the eyes of the consular: Do so at owns perilous peril.

I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say here.....

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 7:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
If you perhaps be a bit clearer or crisps regarding your clarity, folks on this thread might be able to assist.
PS: this thread discusses a 'special' type of visa permit to the States.
UmmZayd:
I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say here.....
semmyk:

[Earlier posts]
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by UmmZayd: 11:36am On Aug 23, 2022
semmyk:
If you perhaps be a bit clearer or crisps regarding your clarity, folks on this thread might be able to assist.
PS: this thread discusses a 'special' type of visa permit to the States.

Lol!
Never mind biko
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Helpout12345: 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
johnJS:

Hello, are you able to share more details about your application processes for both the H1B and EB-1 visas? And any anecdotes about your background and the journey thus far in general. Personal identifiers could always be omitted for privacy.

I think the more that it's shared directly on this thread, as opposed to privately on PMs, the more a lot of us will be able to learn.

Thank you

All the links you need have been posted by others already.

Because I know this is alot of information to someone new to this route. I will help to brake it down.

H1b, L1 are dual intent work visas but you need a US employer to sponsor you on these visas. Dual intent because you can adjust your immigration status to Permanent Residency from such visas when you arrive or living in the US.

Eb1b, Eb1C, Eb2 advance degree, Eb3 are Permanent residency visas but they also require an employer to sponsor you.

Eb1A and Eb2NIW (National Interest Waiver) are the only 2 sub categories that you can process without an employer sponsorship. This is because those are meant for the US to pull best brains from all over the world. They waive requirements of a job offer and employer sponsorship for these two sub categories knowing that the people that will qualify can easily land a job in the US, most likely contributed quickly to US interests.

It's not always easy for most foreigners to get employer sponsorship because of the rigor of the employer passing the Labor Certification requirements to proof that the employer cannot fill that job position with US citizens or Permanent Residents. This is why many people that can get Eb1A and NIW file for themselves.

Now to file NIW or 1A, first make sure you can provide well-documented evidences to support 4 out of the 10 criteria. I said 4 to be on safe side in case USCIS rejects any of your claims.

Then look for a good immigration lawyer that is also very familiar with your field of occupation to file I140 form for you.

To look for lawyers and read their reviews, visit www.avvo.com, you can also get a good lawyer by referral.

After you get approved on I140, you move to second stage of NVC where you submit processing fees and civil documents.

Third stage is different based on where you reside when you are going through this process. If you are already living in the US legally, your third stage is Adjustment of Status route. If you are outside the US, your third stage is Consular Processing route, where you will attend immigration visa interview in a US embassy in your country of residence.

There are so many information on this route, just be specific with your questions, so that you can get specific answers.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 2:49am On Aug 24, 2022
Helpout12345:

Because I know this is alot of information to someone new to this route. I will help to brake it down.

H1b, L1 are dual intent work visas but you need a US employer to sponsor you on these visas. Dual intent because you can adjust your immigration status to Permanent Residency from such visas when you arrive or living in the US.

Eb1b, Eb1C, Eb2 advance degree, Eb3 are Permanent residency visas but they also require an employer to sponsor you.

Eb1A and Eb2NIW (National Interest Waiver) are the only 2 sub categories that you can process without an employer sponsorship. This is because those are meant for the US to pull best brains from all over the world. They waive requirements of a job offer and employer sponsorship for these two sub categories knowing that the people that will qualify can easily land a job in the US, most likely contributed quickly to US interests.

It's not always easy for most foreigners to get employer sponsorship because of the rigor of the employer passing the Labor Certification requirements to proof that the employer cannot fill that job position with US citizens or Permanent Residents. This is why many people that can get Eb1A and NIW file for themselves.

Now to file NIW or 1A, first make sure you can provide well-documented evidences to support 4 out of the 10 criteria. I said 4 to be on safe side in case USCIS rejects any of your claims.

Then look for a good immigration lawyer that is also very familiar with your field of occupation to file I140 form for you.

To look for lawyers and read their reviews, visit www.avvo.com, you can also get a good lawyer by referral.

After you get approved on I140, you move to second stage of NVC where you submit processing fees and civil documents.

Third stage is different based on where you reside when you are going through this process. If you are already living in the US legally, your third stage is Adjustment of Status route. If you are outside the US, your third stage is Consular Processing route, where you will attend immigration visa interview in a US embassy in your country of residence.

There are so many information on this route, just be specific with your questions, so that you can get specific answers.

THANK YOU!

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by johnJS: 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2022
Helpout12345:

Hello Helpout12345, thank you for taking the time to summarize some of the information provided in the links. It's generous of you to take the time to do so and I got some useful tips from your summary.

My comments to drbasok and NotsonewMary were requests for them to share some of their experiences and/or any tips, anecdotes etc from putting together and submitting their applications.

NotsonewMary was clear in her thread opener that people are invited to share their stories and timelines so it's these stories I was soliciting her and drbasok to kindly share from their personal applications thus far; not that I had a specific question for them at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by johnJS: 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
My spouse and I are both professionals with about 15 years work experience each in multinational organizations.

My wife has an advanced engineering degree from the US (her undergraduate degree is from the US also) so she'll be the main EB-2 applicant.

We intend to contact our relatives in the US to provide recommendations for US immigration lawyers so we can get some legal advice on putting together our application so we're just at the research and information gathering stage.

This is just by way of sharing and my own contribution towards keeping the conversation going �

5 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Helpout12345: 4:02am On Aug 25, 2022
NotsonewMary:

THANK YOU!

Well done for opening this thread too
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Helpout12345: 4:11am On Aug 25, 2022
johnJS:
My spouse and I are both professionals with about 15 years work experience each in multinational organizations.

My wife has an advanced engineering degree from the US (her undergraduate degree is from the US also) so she'll be the main EB-2 applicant.

We intend to contact our relatives in the US to provide recommendations for US immigration lawyers so we can get some legal advice on putting together our application so we're just at the research and information gathering stage.

This is just by way of sharing and my own contribution towards keeping the conversation going �

With that information, my question is will your wife get a US employer to sponsor her? If not, she will have to do NIW sub category of EB2.

Then for the attorney, like I said before, familiarity of attorney to this route and to your wife professional industry is very important.

Before you retain any attorney, make sure you can see their reviews on avvo.com. While checking their reviews and websites, pay attention to the professional industry of their successful applicants. This will give you an idea if the attorney is right for your wife application.

4 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Helpout12345: 4:22am On Aug 25, 2022
I cannot over emphasize the importance of a familiar attorney in this process.

For example, the attorney here https://www.wegreened.com/ has a very high success rate in this process but when you look closely on their reviews on their website and on avvo, you will notice majority of their successful clients are researchers and academic professionals. This attorney struggles on applicants from industries like banking, oil and gas, etc, who are not PhD holders, researchers etc.

I can also show you another attorney that is bad for researchers and good for industry professionals.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

My Class This Morning In Canada / Security Stops Vehicles With Passengers Hidden Among Animals In Kaduna (Photos) / Pls Which Country Can I Travel To With ₦1.5 Million To Hustle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.