Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (89415 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 3:00pm On Jan 21, 2023
She said '..' without the specific visa code translates to she's said nada.
I might be inclined to say apply the duckling rule: ... If it ducks or quack like a duck, it's most certainly a duck.

In-between, every visa sponsorship type has its own specific code.
For immigration, Employment-Based Immigrant Visas, https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/employment-based-immigrant-visas.html
For employment, Temporary Worker Visas, https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/employment/temporary-worker-visas.html
All the best.
PS: this thread is for Employment-Based Immigrant Visas
adigun27:
She said is coming with two years sponsorship

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adigun27: 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2023
What is the function or benefits of the he code to the approval of Visa pls enlighten me
semmyk:
She said '..' without the specific visa code translates to she's said nada.
I might be inclined to say apply the duckling rule: ... If it ducks or quack like a duck, it's most certainly a duck.

In-between, every visa sponsorship type has its own specific code.
For immigration, Employment-Based Immigrant Visas, https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/employment-based-immigrant-visas.html
For employment, Temporary Worker Visas, https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/employment/temporary-worker-visas.html
All the best.
PS: this thread is for Employment-Based Immigrant Visas
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
adigun27:
What is the function or benefits of the he code to the approval of Visa pls enlighten me

Bro/Sis. Ji ma sun (wake up). No let them chop you and your money oh grin
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
GboyegaD:

Thank you, I so much appreciate this. I have responded.

Seen, please bear with me. I’ll revert this weekend.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adigun27: 5:01pm On Jan 21, 2023
So what is your suggestion now she said the company I want to work with will send letter to the embassy of sponsorship my question now is do we have visa for such ?
NotsonewMary:

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 10:05pm On Jan 21, 2023
And one song says in its lyrics (not a great fan, though well trended globally)
... ...
Gb'era o
Gbera go get the Dollar (Wake up)

... ...
Wake up eh
Collect your money (Collect your money)
Wake up

... ...
And another from the songs around 2003
Soji hun, soji hun, toba di ...
NotsonewMary:

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adigun27: 9:26am On Jan 22, 2023
Is that method you listed apply for unskilled workers
semmyk:
Can't agree more. Absolutely, a way longer route to PR. PS: Some come in via 0-1 and stayed back via EB-1,2,3.

... require a sponsor ... | that's where nuances of 0-1A come in. Very trick. Hence, if EB-1A, EB2NIW is sure, why not. Much better option. By the way, that is the objective of this thread.
@All: Kindly note this thread remains focussed on EB-1, ,2, 3 petition towards PR

[one nuance of 0-1] FAQ from USCIS
Q: When an agent performing the function of an employer files a petition, are contracts required with the employers where the beneficiary will be employed?
A. No, in the case of an O petition filed by an agent performing the function of an employer, a contract is not required between the beneficiary and the entities that will ultimately use the beneficiary’s services.

Q. Can partially or fully self-incorporated persons petition for themselves in the O classification?
A. The regulations require that an O petition be filed by a U.S. employer, a U.S. agent, or a foreign employer through a U.S. agent.

Q. Can a foreign employer be a corporation owned by the beneficiary?
A. Yes, but the petition must be filed by a U.S. agent. A foreign employer may be a corporation owned wholly or in part by the beneficiary, but the foreign employer must utilize a U.S. agent to file the petition. A U.S. agent petitioning on behalf of a foreign employer must be authorized to file the petition, and to accept services of process in the United States in proceedings under section 274A of the Act, on behalf of the foreign employer. ... ...
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by studyless123: 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2023
adigun27:
Plss someone want to help me get sponsored unskilled work in usa with 5million how real it this

You mean you're paying N5 M to get an unskilled work visa. This falls under the EB 3 category. Unskilled Workers (Other Workers)

These are the requirements.
You must demonstrate the ability to perform unskilled labor (requiring less than 2 years training or experience), that is not of a temporary or seasonal nature.
You must be performing work for which qualified workers are not available in the United States.
You must meet any other requirements specified on the labor certification.

Whether your agent can deliver on that, I can't tell. All the information you need is online and you must be diligent.

I only know those that can assist for O-1 and EB-1 immigrants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by studyless123: 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
From Jan. 30, 2023, all pending and new (initial) petitions for EB-1 and EB-2 now have Premium Processing. It's good to know that you'll have closure in 45 days.

5 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 2:22am On Jan 23, 2023
bivoprad:
For EB categories, you schedule your appointment yourself

I went on the UStraveldocs site to schedule an appointment with my case number but it seems NVC hasn't sent my case to the US Consulate in Lagos.

How did you successfully expedite your case?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 2:26am On Jan 23, 2023
adedammy009:

Congratulations and speed for the remaining journey ahead. How long did it take from I-140 approval to DQ? Thanks

It took 5 months from approval to DQ. Initially, it took 2 months for USCIS to send my case to NVC, then 3 months for the NVC DQ process.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 12:08pm On Jan 25, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

It took 5 months from approval to DQ. Initially, it took 2 months for USCIS to send my case to NVC, then 3 months for the NVC DQ process.
Thanks for your reply. Regarding documents gathering, for birth certificate, did you submit the old birth certificate or it must be attestation of birth. Thanks
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2023
adedammy009:

Thanks for your reply. Regarding documents gathering, for birth certificate, did you submit the old birth certificate or it must be attestation of birth. Thanks

I got an attestation of birth from the National Population Commission. NVC doesn't accept the old birth certificate.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 10:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

I got an attestation of birth from the National Population Commission. NVC doesn't accept the old birth certificate.
Thanks
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by wole001: 10:59am On Jan 28, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

Please what do you mean by old birth certificate, what year is the new one?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

Do you have a reliable link to get the attestation by proxy? What is the cost?
Thanks
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2023
wole001:

Those born before 1992 need to get an attestation of birth.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
wole001:

From 1992. Please go through the DOS website link for Nigeria for the details of requirements.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LGS-Lagos.html

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
adedammy009:

Do you have a reliable link to get the attestation by proxy? What is the cost?
Thanks

Please send PM.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 10:31am On Jan 30, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

Please send PM.

I already did but my email is my nairaland ID @ Gmail dot com
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 6:14am On Jan 31, 2023
adedammy009:

I already did but my email is my nairaland ID @ Gmail dot com

Sent a response.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by SAYOSOLA: 1:03pm On Jan 31, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

I went on the UStraveldocs site to schedule an appointment with my case number but it seems NVC hasn't sent my case to the US Consulate in Lagos.

Were you able to have any headway with the expedited request....

Which of the EBs did you get approved for? from my research it seems that expedited request is not common with EB2-NIW. ... the option is more common for family- based immigrant visa and EB3 health workers....Please update us if you find any useful information on it.

Also, please I am currently collating my documents to send to NVC ... I would appreciate any tip/advice to ensure smooth sailing.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by koczee: 7:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
[quote author=studyless123 post=120283170]

You mean you're paying N5 M to get an unskilled work visa. This falls under the EB 3 category. Unskilled Workers (Other Workers)

These are the requirements.
You must demonstrate the ability to perform unskilled labor (requiring less than 2 years training or experience), that is not of a temporary or seasonal nature.
You must be performing work for which qualified workers are not available in the United States.
You must meet any other requirements specified on the labor certification.

Whether your agent can deliver on that, I can't tell. All the information you need is online and you must be diligent.

I only know those that can assist for O-1 and EB-1 immigrants.
Please I need an assistance with the O1 visa. Thanks
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2023
SAYOSOLA:

Were you able to have any headway with the expedited request....

Which of the EBs did you get approved for? from my research it seems that expedited request is not common with EB2-NIW. ... the option is more common for family- based immigrant visa and EB3 health workers....Please update us if you find any useful information on it.

Also, please I am currently collating my documents to send to NVC ... I would appreciate any tip/advice to ensure smooth sailing.

I'm on EB2-NIW. I haven't gotten any headway with an expedite. The requirements for expedite seem a bit more difficult to justify with a self-petition. I'm open to advice on how to proceed with this...

With the NVC docs, it is best to double check the requirements before submission so that NVC doesn't request for additional information. For example, I had to submit the police clearance twice because I didn't include the fingerprints. That added an extra month before getting DQ.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 10:59pm On Jan 31, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

I'm on EB2-NIW. I haven't gotten any headway with an expedite. The requirements for expedite seem a bit more difficult to justify with a self-petition. I'm open to advice on how to proceed with this...

With the NVC docs, it is best to double check the requirements before submission so that NVC doesn't request for additional information. For example, I had to submit the police clearance twice because I didn't include the fingerprints. That added an extra month before getting DQ.
If I get you correctly, we need to send the finger prints with the police clearance to NVC?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 2:46am On Feb 01, 2023
adedammy009:

If I get you correctly, we need to send the finger prints with the police clearance to NVC?

Yes, that's correct!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TLE900: 5:51am On Feb 01, 2023
Good day all. Never knew this exists. Please I have science background up till MSc with 8 years public health experience. I have been co author to 3 publication and an author to one publication. I work with an intuition that partners with.CDC, Global Fund, USAID & PEPFAR. What will be my best shot. I need guidance please.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by SAYOSOLA: 9:10am On Feb 01, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

Alright, I guess a lot of patience is needed in this journey o.. Let's hope things will get better at the embassy, I will let you know if I find any useful information on the possibility of an expedite.

Thanks for the tip on the police clearance! Did you submit original of the certificate and the fingerprints or photocopies?

I will also need to submit a foreign police clearance, but unlike the naija one, it doesn't have the fingerprints attached. I hope NVC will be familiar with countries that issue certificates without fingerprints.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by wole001: 12:22pm On Feb 01, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

From 1992. Please go through the DOS website link for Nigeria for the details of requirements.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LGS-Lagos.html

Thank you so much for this link, please where can i get the attestation?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 12:30pm On Feb 01, 2023
SAYOSOLA:

Alright, I guess a lot of patience is needed in this journey o.. Let's hope things will get better at the embassy, I will let you know if I find any useful information on the possibility of an expedite.

Thanks for the tip on the police clearance! Did you submit original of the certificate and the fingerprints or photocopies?

I will also need to submit a foreign police clearance, but unlike the naija one, it doesn't have the fingerprints attached. I hope NVC will be familiar with countries that issue certificates without fingerprints.
I don't think you should mail any original of your documents to NVC, only mail copies. Your originals will be sighted at the embassy during the interview.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by wole001: 12:31pm On Feb 01, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

My EB2-NIW was approved since 11th January and I am yet to get a correspondence from NVC. How long does this take, and what documents should I be putting together for the visa interview?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (42) (Reply)

Pls Which Country Can I Travel To With ₦1.5 Million To Hustle? / New BRT Seating Arrangement As Lagos Eases Lockdown On Monday (Video) / What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.