Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (89804 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2023
ayo23us:
Hi all,

Thank you for the great job on this thread. I am interested in the NIW EB2. I have a Ph.D. in a STEM course, about a decade of experience in lecturing/research, and published at least 63 articles with 990 citations in google scholar. My friends in the US introduced me to the NIW. Please any advice on how to embark on this journey?

Thanks!
I think you should apply for EB1. It is current for rest of the world (ROW).

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by ogawisdom(m): 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
Does EB1A require job sponnsorship in the US
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Adidee: 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2023
ogawisdom:

No
It doesn’t
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
The EB route might not be appropriate for you. You may research the EB3 though
yamunla:
... ... I tried the care job route last month.
I did ielts ( general UKVI)-scored band 6
TB test
I did some care course online and in Nigeria and got 2 work reference so I can use it to support my application.
... ...
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Adidee: 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2023
ogawisdom:
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Jacknn: 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2023
Jacknn:
Greetings Fam!! (Nlanders)

Please I have a question, I have a friend in the US who owns a cleaning company. He supplies staff to hotels for cleaning services. He's got a staff strength of 10 individuals. I talked to him about sponsoring me for a working visa here from Nigeria to come over to the US and so he said I should do all the necessary findings if it's possible then he'll definitely assist.

Question is,I have no idea on how to go about it,d needed documents and how long it would take. Can a company of 10 workers sponsor an immigrant?

Please I need all credible advice on this one
Thanks in anticipation all.

Anybody pls
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by semmyk(m): 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2023
Jacknn:
Anybody pls
You wrote ... I have a friend in the US who owns a cleaning company. He supplies staff to hotels for cleaning services. He's got a staff strength of 10 individuals. I talked to him about sponsoring me for a working visa here from Nigeria to come over to the US and so he said I should do all the necessary findings if it's possible then he'll definitely assist.
This thread is about the EB immigration which doesn't seems to speak to your scenario.
You may take a look at the EB-3 category though.
Maybe, just maybe, someone in the visit or H1B thread might give you a pointer.
semmyk:
... ... unlike in this focused EB thread (Employment-Based immigration process towards permanency 'Green Card').
Visit: https://www.nairaland.com/5807124/usa-visit-visa-part-4
PS : For H1B - https://www.nairaland.com/7137181/everything-us-h-1b-visa-category
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by SaintChi123: 11:41am On Apr 25, 2023
Hi
The NIW is your best bet.

In case you need guidance filing, do let me know, I can introduce you to the firm that helped someone I know get the visa.
Adidee:

Hi
You are qualified and would advise you do not waste time in filing due to the retrogression.
You can send a message let me add you to some telegram groups.

You can also do free evaluation with Ellis Porter if you would want to employ their services.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by SaintChi123: 11:47am On Apr 25, 2023
Hi

It might be difficult for your friend to be able to do that, because of labor certifications in the United States. He'd have to prove that he couldn't get anyone for the job in the United States, and that's why he wants to sponsor you to come and work for him. The US takes their PERM very seriously.
Jacknn:

Anybody pls
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Jannyfranc: 6:08pm On Apr 26, 2023
Please I need someone to share his/her experience on Interview for Eb2 NIW category.Please help.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by ogawisdom(m): 9:17am On Apr 27, 2023
Jannyfranc:
Please I need someone to share his/her experience on Interview for Eb2 NIW category.Please help.

Have your petition been approved?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 4:22am On Apr 28, 2023
Jannyfranc:
Have you received interview letter (IL)? If yes, how long did it take from documentation qualified (DQ) to IL. Thanks
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Jannyfranc: 10:01am On Apr 29, 2023
Yes
ogawisdom:

Have your petition been approved?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Seunn11: 1:14pm On May 01, 2023
Good day everyone.

I sent out my I140 with NIW (EB2 Visa) application via DHL in December.
Till now, I have not received a response.
I read somewhere that there should be a receipt number. I did not receive any receipt number.
Could you kind people put me through on how this works.

Thank you.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by IdogaKole: 11:40am On May 04, 2023
semmyk:

Dear GodProofPoint, you didn't specify which of the interviews you are referring to.

This thread is about the EB (Employment-Based) immigration process towards permanency ('Green Card').
You may try the USA threads.
Visit: https://www.nairaland.com/5807124/usa-visit-visa-part-4
Students: https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part

NVC/DQ

Good morning.

Pls I need help on how i can get student Visa date in Abuja for May/June. And also if I can change from Abuja to Lagos as I am not seeing dates in Abuja . Thank you
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Adidee: 10:06am On May 05, 2023
Seunn11:
Good day everyone.

I sent out my I140 with NIW (EB2 Visa) application via DHL in December.
Till now, I have not received a response.
I read somewhere that there should be a receipt number. I did not receive any receipt number.
Could you kind people put me through on how this works.

Thank you.

Yes
You ought to have received a receipt number, and have your priority date by now. Which address did you specify? I think it’s usually sent by post.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 5:54pm On May 05, 2023
adedammy009:

Have you received interview letter (IL)? If yes, how long did it take from documentation qualified (DQ) to IL. Thanks

Does anyone know why there were no EB-2 visas issued by Lagos Consulate in March?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 4:13am On May 06, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

Does anyone know why there were no EB-2 visas issued by Lagos Consulate in March?
I don't know really but I notice that high numbers of EB3 visas were issued. Maybe they had to clear EB3 backlog. Anyway, these are all speculations
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 06, 2023
adedammy009:

I don't know really but I notice that high numbers of EB-3 visas were issued. Maybe they had to clear EB3 backlog. Anyway, these are all speculations

Based on preference, trying to clear backlog of other category should be the other way round EB-1 -> EB-2 -> EB-3 but you never know the way the embassy -NVC allocate appointment grin. If last fiscal year is anything to go by, there may be increased EB-2 allocation by end of this fiscal year (August/September IL for October interview) . The last time there was no visa issued at the post was September 2022, The next month had the highest IL for EB-2 for that fiscal year. Let's see what happens. Money on August/september for IL.

Koldfuzhion:
Bro, No IL for you still? any clue/ suggestions by your attorney to see what the issue maybe? this seem a bit weird knowing your PD has been current for a while now.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 7:43pm On May 06, 2023
Mandem101:

Based on preference, trying to clear backlog of other category should be the other way round EB-1 -> EB-2 -> EB-3 but you never know the way the embassy -NVC allocate appointment grin. If last fiscal year is anything to go by, there may be increased EB-2 allocation by end of this fiscal year (August/September IL for October interview) . The last time there was no visa issued at the post was September 2022, The next month had the highest IL for EB-2 for that fiscal year. Let's see what happens. Money on August/september for IL.

Fingers crossed 🤞

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 06, 2023
adedammy009:
Fingers crossed 🤞
is your PD current?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 9:28pm On May 06, 2023
Mandem101:

is your PD current?
Not yet....you?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 10:02pm On May 06, 2023
Mandem101:

Bro, No IL for you still? any clue/ suggestions by your attorney to see what the issue maybe? this seem a bit weird knowing your PD has been current for a while now.

It'll come soon. I suspect that the visa retrogression may be playing a role. The slow down is for the entire EB-2 category in Lagos since Feb/Mar.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Seunn11: 11:09am On May 08, 2023
Adidee:

Yes
You ought to have received a receipt number, and have your priority date by now. Which address did you specify? I think it’s usually sent by post.

I used my home address in Nigeria.
Anyone with similar situation?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 08, 2023
adedammy009:
Not yet....you?
Not current anymore.!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (42) (Reply)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA / Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.