Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility (1748 Views)

Have Ever Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Age? / A Call For The Removal Of Age Barrier In FG Jobs / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by eDoctorr(m): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2022
First bank plc made a publicity inviting graduates for job applications to their financial firm. The initial maximum age of eligibility was 30years and after few days, it was secretly changed to 27 years without public pronouncement, excuse of apologies to applicants that are between the range cut Off.

So, yesterday I received a reminder for an uncompleted application.

Below is my response if they can see it here.

What you are you reminding me for?
You publicize a job invitation with a maximum age of 30years and during the process; you changed it to 27years without a public pronouncement and apologies to people like myself.

Your action has proven that you act without job ethics and it highly unprofessional.

You defaulted from the back door; this cannot be done in a country where their system works. I wish I could sue First Bank for such an unacceptable act... But where would a job seeker see money to file a court case.
Banking corruption.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by advanceDNA: 9:05am On Aug 06, 2022
One problem is that we don't read terms and condition...all advert, promotion, and even recruitment campaigns have terms and condition...

most employers, especially large organizations like banks always state tgat that they reserve the right to stop or alter the conditions or requirment .....
na them get job..
na them change requiremnt....
It might not be fair to you...doesn't make it illegal or unethical

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 06, 2022
Why are you feeling entitled to their position?
They can change requirements if they like.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by Olamilekan0465(m): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2022
eDoctorr:
First bank plc made a publicity inviting graduates for job applications to their financial firm. The initial maximum age of eligibility was 30years and after few days, it was secretly changed to 27 years without public pronouncement, excuse of apologies to applicants that are between the range cut Off.

So, yesterday I received a reminder for an uncompleted application.

Below is my response if they can see it here.

What you are you reminding me for?
You publicize a job invitation with a maximum age of 30years and during the process; you changed it to 27years without a public pronouncement and apologies to people like myself.

Your action has proven that you act without job ethics and it highly unprofessional.

You defaulted from the back door; this cannot be done in a country where their system works. I wish I could sue First Bank for such an unacceptable act... But where would a job seeker see money to file a court case.
Banking corruption.

This is the joke of the year! ��

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by Aqesimitta: 3:17am On Aug 07, 2022
If the work is full staff job no problems beacuse na correct money you go dey collect but if it's contract staff, hmmm, na work and die oh especially those customer service guys, customer will come and abuse you after a Yahoo boy has wiped his account and you can't reply them back.

The work wey you go dey do go pass the money wey you dey collect. And there is no time to spend the money, they go work on Saturday and Sunday sometimes.
There are many other jobs paying more than bank job, just think outside the circle

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by KosiGee(m): 6:22am On Aug 07, 2022
advanceDNA:
One problem is that we don't read terms and condition...all advert, promotion, and even recruitment campaigns have terms and condition...

most employers, especially large organizations like banks always state tgat that they reserve the right to stop or alter the conditions or requirment .....
na them get job..
na them change requiremnt....
It might not be fair to you...doesn't make it illegal or unethical

He has the right to complain and it’s the responsibility of First Bank plc to respond to his complaints.

Whether First Bank reserve the right to alter the age specification or not, don’t you think that they should’ve informed the applicants of their action?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by advanceDNA: 6:37am On Aug 07, 2022
KosiGee:

He has the right to complain and it’s the responsibility of First Bank plc to respond to his complaints.

Whether First Bank reserve the right to alter the age specification or not, don’t you think that they should’ve informed the applicants of their action?

Do you get what it means to reserve the right to alter the terms an advert at anytime ?? It mean the organization doesnt owe you shíť
Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by KosiGee(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2022
advanceDNA:

Do you get what it means to reserve the right to alter the terms an advert at anytime ?? It mean the organization doesnt owe you shíť

The applicant’s crime was that he complained about a certain treatment from First bank.

He applied for a job role with clear age specification and in the middle of the recruitment process, the bank made adjustment which discriminated against him…the problem here isn’t whether the bank was within their rights to do that, the problem is that this man felt victimised….1…because the adjustment eliminated him and…2..the bank didn’t inform him about the adjustment.

Should he then act passive and move on because as you put it…”the organisation doesn’t owe you shit”?

This is the problem…The man deserve fair treatment and first bank as big as it is should do better or should’ve done better. That customer service stinks of arrogance and unprofessionalism.

In some countries and I mean saner environment, there is an Equality Act of which age is a protected characteristic.

The applicant has been treated unfairly. He didn’t apply based on an entitlement that his age must be considered. He satisfied the requirement but adjustment was done. Can First bank objectively justify that adjustment??

Even if they could, they still would’ve acted poorly, their HR team need to do better.

This applicant did something good for the bank and that’s the fact that he complained. There would be loads of other passive applicants queuing behind him and observing from a safe distance.

First bank should have done one thing and it’s a very simple thing…..Inform him of changes to his application and a simple apology..

A simple act of respect can change things…much the same way you’ll mistakenly nudge someone behind you and utter….sorry.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by advanceDNA: 8:07am On Aug 07, 2022
KosiGee:

The applicant’s crime was that he complained about a certain treatment from First bank.

He applied for a job role with clear age specification and in the middle of the recruitment process, the bank made adjustment which discriminated against him…the problem here isn’t whether the bank was within their rights to do that, the problem is that this man felt victimised….1…because the adjustment eliminated him and…2..the bank didn’t inform him about the adjustment.

Should he then act passive and move on because as you put it…”the organisation doesn’t owe you shit”?

This is the problem…The man deserve fair treatment and first bank as big as it is should do better or should’ve done better. That customer service stinks of arrogance and unprofessionalism.

In some countries and I mean saner environment, there is an Equality Act of which age is a protected characteristic.

The applicant has been treated unfairly. He didn’t apply based on an entitlement that his age must be considered. He satisfied the requirement but adjustment was done. Can First bank objectively justify that adjustment??

Even if they could, they still would’ve acted poorly, their HR team need to do better.

This applicant did something good for the bank and that’s the fact that he complained. There would be loads of other passive applicants queuing behind him and observing from a safe distance.

First bank should have done one thing and it’s a very simple thing…..Inform him of changes to his application and a simple apology..

A simple act of respect can change things…much the same way you’ll mistakenly nudge someone behind you and utter….sorry.

You like grammar...too much words to make just one point..
..anyways...opinion is free..just like the op you are entitled to have as many opinions as you like....
So in my opinion...you and the op are just feeling entitled...its irritating ...
Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by KosiGee(m): 8:18am On Aug 07, 2022
advanceDNA:

You like grammar...too much words to make just one point..
..anyways...opinion is free..just like the op you are entitled to have as many opinions as you like....
So in my opinion...you and the op are just feeling entitled...its irritating ...

There is no ‘entitlement’ here. It’s rather your type of mentality that encourage employment malpractices and irregularities in Nigeria.

There is no regulation. Everyone act as they please. Military don’t know their job description and boundaries, same with the police. Governors and other politicians handle the state treasury like it’s their private account.

A Chinese, Indian, and Lebanese employer slaps their employees or expose them to dangerous machine in an unsafe working environment and nothing happens….yes the employees and those in authority “don’t owe you shit”. That’s the mantra.

A simple feedback, notification and a simple apology was all that man needed.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by advanceDNA: 8:39am On Aug 07, 2022
KosiGee:

There is no ‘entitlement’ here. It’s rather your type of mentality that encourage employment malpractices and irregularities in Nigeria.

There is no regulation. Everyone act as they please. Military don’t know their job description and boundaries, same with the police. Governors and other politicians handle the state treasury like it’s their private account.

A Chinese, Indian, and Lebanese employer slaps their employees or expose them to dangerous machine in an unsafe working environment and nothing happens….yes the employees and those in authority “don’t owe you shit”. That’s the mantra.

A simple feedback, notification and a simple apology was all that man needed.

How did this dialogue get to slapping and unsafe workimg condition?? Anyways you are free to cap as you like.....

This is not employment malpractice..u are an an extremist..u even brough Lebanese into this issue...

we are talking about a job advert......the employer reserves the right to alter conditions or even withdraw the recruitment campaign
..its stated in all recruitment advert

That's a clause that they have already issued to cover any future adjustment....but you are feeling you deserve special notification yet you dont think its being entitled.....

I know entitled people dont see things from peoples' angle...so there's no point trying to explain to you.....
Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by Trojan8(m): 8:43am On Aug 07, 2022
This one wants to sue a firm for modifying a job advert that they posted themselves. Did they offer you anything that was withdrawn?
Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by KosiGee(m): 10:05am On Aug 07, 2022
advanceDNA:

How did this dialogue get to slapping and unsafe workimg condition?? Anyways you are free to cap as you like.....

This is not employment malpractice..u are an an extremist..u even brough Lebanese into this issue...

we are talking about a job advert......the employer reserves the right to alter conditions or even withdraw the recruitment campaign
..its stated in all recruitment advert

That's a clause that they have already issued to cover any future adjustment....but you are feeling you deserve special notification yet you dont think its being entitled.....

I know entitled people dont see things from peoples' angle...so there's no point trying to explain to you.....

Arrogance is bad. That needs no emphasis. Just because you are protected by clauses and fine prints doesn’t mean you should treat people with disrespect.

A bank like first bank should treat its customers with respect and with fairness and that includes its potential employees and job seekers.

Elsewhere, this man can rattle the bank and really escalate this matter. What the bank did isn’t malpractice but it’s good practice to acknowledge the fact that they modified their recruitment process after the submission of applications and it’s good practice to communicate this.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by advanceDNA: 10:13am On Aug 07, 2022
KosiGee:

Arrogance is bad. That needs no emphasis. Just because you are protected by clauses and fine prints doesn’t mean you should treat people with disrespect.

A bank like first bank should treat its customers with respect and with fairness and that includes its potential employees and job seekers.

Elsewhere, this man can rattle the bank and really escalate this matter. What the bank did isn’t malpractice but it’s good practice to acknowledge the fact that they modified their recruitment process after the submission of applications and it’s good practice to communicate this.

Lol.....like I said...entitled people only see thing their way
Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by KosiGee(m): 10:14am On Aug 07, 2022
advanceDNA:

I brought that in because of your sort of mentality. The opportunistic habit of using technicalities to treat others unfairly. As long as you are safe and protected by certain clauses, nothing else matters. That’s the mentality that nurture and enable the fertility of all sorts of nonsense.

Yes I mentioned Lebanese. Is that a problem? Why pick on Lebanese? Didn’t you see Chinese and Indians mentioned?
Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by KosiGee(m): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2022
advanceDNA:

Lol.....like I said...entitled people only see thing their way

If you ever get to that stage where you’d have to manage a big department or organisation, you’ll need serious management training.

Your sort of personality need to be retrained and encouraged to disabuse your mind of so many bad orientations.

Your development should be such as to prompt you to go on certain courses periodically. There’s something about you that’ll make you to relapse and go back to your old ways. You should be trained and closed monitored.
Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by advanceDNA: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2022
KosiGee:

If you ever get to that stage where you’d have to manage a big department or organisation, you’ll need serious management training.

Your sort of personality need to be retrain and encouraged to disabuse your mind of so many bad orientations.

Your development should be such as to prompt you to go on certain courses periodically. There’s something about you that’ll make you to relapse and go back your old ways. You should be trained and closed monitored.

Lol....u are not only entitled but also condescending.....only one human being being with two bad qualities...how do you relate with others around you??

You are hiding under being treated nicely because you want to justify you entitlement mentality

.....its people like you that he harrass business owners in the name of "customers is always right"
Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by KosiGee(m): 10:29am On Aug 07, 2022
advanceDNA:

Lol....u are not only entitled but also condescending.....only one human being being with two bad qualities...how do you relate with others around you??

You are hiding under being treated nicely because you want to justify you entitlement mentality

.....its people like you that he harrass business owners in the name of "customers is always right"

Bros go and watch athletics. Thank me later

My girl Tobi Amusan just broke the commonwealth games record…12:30

She has done it again. She’s silenced those blaming the timing equipment and her shoes.

Bye and have a good day….she made me some money as well.

Stay blessed.
Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by advanceDNA: 10:29am On Aug 07, 2022
KosiGee:

I brought that in because of your sort of mentality. The opportunistic habit of using technicalities to treat others unfairly. As long as you are safe and protected by certain clauses, nothing else matters. That’s the mentality that nurture and enable the fertility of all sorts of nonsense.

Yes I mentioned Lebanese. Is that a problem? Why pick on Lebanese? Didn’t you see Chinese and Indians mentioned?

U keep jumping around trying to justify your entitlement mentality.......terms and condition are written for a reason....bros u go school naaa...companies have the way they deal with general public, direct customers, internal customers/staff and other stakeholders....

So what's the essence of terms and condition if you are expecting special treatment ..
Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by advanceDNA: 10:32am On Aug 07, 2022
KosiGee:

Bros go and watch athletics. Thank me later

My girl Tobi Amusan just broke the commonwealth games record…12:30

She has done it again. She’s silenced those blaming the timing equipment and her shoes.

Bye and have a good day….she made me some money as well.

Stay blessed.

Haaaaaaa...from.first bank.....how did we get to Amusan and athletics .??....God help us for this nairaland òooo...different human beings dey here oooo
Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by KosiGee(m): 10:32am On Aug 07, 2022
advanceDNA:

U keep jumping around trying to justify your entitlement mentality.......terms and condition are written for a reason....bros u go school naaa...companies have the way they deal with general public, direct customers, internal customers/staff and other stakeholders....

So what's the essence of terms and condition if you are expecting special treatment ..

Ok sir. Bye. May your day and week be blessed.
Re: Open Letter To First Bank Over A Secret Reduction Of Age Eligibility by dejavuh0007(m): 10:58am On Aug 07, 2022
Have they started dropping invites?

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Know What To Do Anymore With My Life. / Celtel Cut-off Reduced / Tobacco Plhillips Coy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.