Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

My Experience With Eckankar Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With Eckankar Religion (11113 Views)

"The Problem" With Eckankar (an Eckist Observes) / Christians Will Be Cool With ECKANKAR If... / His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2022
Hi to u all who followed my previous story. I'm here 2 relate my experience with another religion-Eckankar. I've had "fellowsip" with them 4 a short period of time as a non-member,but i could say one or two things abt them.Back in those days when i was a shallow minded Christian,i accidentally listened 2 Eckankar radio program & it sounded nonsence. To me,they were just another occultic society who worshiped Satan & demons. I wasn't interested in their satanic teachings.Never did I know,or think,or imagine of thinking,or conceived to imagine that I could walk into the temple of Eck one day & chant the word "Hu". However, it happened! The year was 2019 & I was very very thirsty 4 God & no religion was yet able 2 quench that thirst...thus,my quest 4 the light & sound of God began...

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by MentalModulus: 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2022
You never finish the Olumba story bro

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2022
MentalModulus:
You never finish the Olumba story bro
are u sure u followed the topic 2 the end? U need 2 check again

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 5:07am On Aug 07, 2022
It was during my new dicovery of BCS tenet that i stumbled upon Eck radio broadcast again. This time around it made sense! It sounded like someone had finally said the truth i needed 2 hear. I went on google search for any website that say something abt EK. I consumed as much information as i possiblly could abt the path of EK. I followed their weekly radio broadcast. I had a whole lot of things to learn frm this new wonderful religion. The similarity btw the EK teachings & OOO teachings didn't go unoticed. It wasn't yet time 2 walk into the temple of eck. There was none in my community & the one i knew was very far.I was so much in love with the teachings of EK & one Sunday morning i decided 2 chant the word Hu as they recomended...TO BE CONTINUED
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2022
...After the long chanting,i was supposed 2 see blue light & hear a calm inner voice,but i waited for it until i got bored & stood up 2 attain 2 some other duties. Well,as one would expect (if u've read my previous story), i saw one whiteman in my dream that night & he said something like "u r free to follow whatever path u like". I did listen 2 eck radio broadcast regularly. Anytime i mentioned 2 someone close 2 me dat i was interested in the eck path,i'd receive a bitter comment (u knw those weird stufs). I didn't have an opportunity 2 visit the eck temple until much later. It wasn't until July 2019 that i finally take a stroll 2 d eck temple. If u'd follow my prev story,u'll understand that it was the period btw my 1st & 2nd visit 2 Ambo dat i checked into the eck centre. My association with eck lasted less than 2 months but i learned a lot abt this path in that short time...TO BE CONTINUED
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by SimplePlan34: 8:00pm On Aug 07, 2022
I am an Antinatalist also I believe in Kabbalah as the true religion. But understand the creator as non benevolent. He is just 4 himself.
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2022
SimplePlan34:
I am an Antinatalist also I believe in Kabbalah as the true religion. But understand the creator as non benevolent. He is just 4 himself.
Kabbalah? I've never heard that b4. Altogether, u r welcome
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2022
SOMETHING TO REMEMBER
Anyone reading dis story should knw that i'm not presently a member of Eckankar.U should also know that i'm neither here to promote nor defame the religion. Whatever path/religion a person decides 2 follow is DEFINITELY his/her business. I only have problem when u try 2 force ur beliefs on or condemns someone who doesn't want 2 believe ur fantacies. So if u feel like hauling ur attack for Eckankar on me here,I shall embarass u a little. Also, an eckist reading dis should undstnd dat i'm merely relating an experience of mine without bias,if it upsets u,just sing ur Hu & keep calm. MAY THE BLESSINGS BE!
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 8:55am On Aug 08, 2022
MY 1ST STROLL TO AN ECK CENTRE
It was Friday morning & i decided to take a walk 2 the eck temple in IK. I'd seen d temple b4 but have 4gotten exactly where it's located so i had 2 ask some guys in the roadside after treking 4 a long distance.I was a bit nervous because i didnt want 2 be suspected as a satanist.The guys directed me & i finally got to the temple but it was empty.There's a phn line 2 call at the sign post but i had no phone. I had 2 enter d compound beside the temple & ask for a pen & paper 2 write d number.After dat i left. On my way back i rethink my decision again & torn the paper 2 pieces & walked into a church where deliverance section was ongoing. I was expecting the prophet 2 expose my visit 2 the temple of eck but d Lord didn't reveal 2 him,instead,he called me out & repeated the same cock & bull story i've heard over & over in d mouth of prophets. But I went back 2 d temple of eck very early on Sunday morning & the door was open...COMING LATER
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Maynman: 9:52am On Aug 08, 2022
Religion ooo grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 10:05am On Aug 08, 2022
Maynman:
Religion ooo grin
I can't read screenshots,my device doesn't suport it,u can type it out pls
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Maynman: 10:05am On Aug 08, 2022
Templee333:

I can't read screenshots,my device doesn't suport it,u can type it out pls

No worry bro.
Continue wink
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 10:24am On Aug 08, 2022
INSIDE OF AN ECK CENTRE
i've been inside only one eck centre & here's hw it looks like:
a large picture of the Mahanta (a whiteman) in suit & tie stands in the front,
a platform with a pulpit,chairs & table;
special seats 4 singers & another seats 4 some group of men/women i dont knw their title;
A general seat for the congregation;
in the back a large chart is pasted in which the worlds of eck is described: the name of each plane of existence,its ruler,sound & chant;
then a notice board is pasted in the back wall. There's a loudspeaker & microphone but didnt see band set except a keyboard. There's room for creativity so a man came with his flute & there was no problem.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by triplechoice(m): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2022
Templee333:
INSIDE OF AN ECK TEMPLE
i've been inside only one eck temple & here's hw it looks like:
a large picture of the Mahanta (a whiteman) in suit & tie stands in the front,
a platform with a pulpit,chairs & table;
special seats 4 singers & another seats 4 some group of men/women i dont knw their title;
A general seat for the congregation;
in the back a large chat is pasted in which the worlds of eck is described: the name of each plane of existence,its ruler,sound & chant;
then a notice board is pasted in the back wall. There's a loudspeaker & microphone but didnt see band set except a keyboard. There's room for creativity so a man came with his flute & there was no problem.

I am not a member of eckankar ,but from what I know about the group, having associated with them in the past for a number of years I can correctly tell you that the place you described above is not an eckankar Temple but an eck centre where members and anyone, who is interested in joining them, meet for their worship service on sundays and other activities during the week

There's only one eck Temple In Nigeria and it's in Rumiugbo Port Harcourt.

Continue narrating your experience and don't allow what I just explained discourage you. I am following as I followed your Olumba experience.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
I didn't knw there a difference btw temple & centre
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by triplechoice(m): 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2022
Templee333:
I didn't knw there a difference btw temple & centre

You didn't know because you didn't interact closely enough with them to know the difference.

Anyway ,continue with your story so others can learn from your experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2022
ECK LIGHT AND SOUND SERVICE
I went into the building d 1st time & few people were inside arranging chairs. An elderly man welcome me (I later learned he's the Local Director-LD). At 8.am the Hu song commenced & continued 4 the next 30mins.There was a break b4 the main service commenced at 9.am. When it was over, it was annouced that 1st timers & anyone who have a question 2 ask should wait in a small room. Inside the room some men had a discusion with us,asked us what made us come & explained 2 us the procedures of becoming a registered member of Eckankar. We were told 2 come 4 a discusion class on Friday & keep coming 2 Sunday service if we're ok with it. Nothing weird happened! I was comfortable with them 'cos they didn't force me 2 do anything.They said u can chant the Hu only if u want to,or leave if u don't. I had no issues with them initially.
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
SOME SIMILARITIES WITH BCS
(1)love as the central teaching,
(2)reincarnation & karma,
(3)respect for all lives including animals,
(4)abstinence from alcohol & smoking is recomended but not forced,
DIFFERENCES
(1)BCS use bible while eckist use shariyat-ki-sugmad as Scripture.
(2)BCS wear white garment while Eckists have no specific uniform.
(3)BCS recomend monogamy but Eckists doesn't interfere in ur choice of marriage.
ALTOGETHER, eckankar gives more freedom to their members than BCS.
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
...A guest speaker often visits d service evry Sunday. By 9.am a person addresses the crowd as sons & daughters of god or beautiful souls & introduces himself as the moderator. 3 members are called to share their experiences with the audience.The guest speaker speaks on a topic frm eckankar books. The singers give their songs & b4 u knw,the whole thing is over. No offering box is present but a bag is passed to each person to make donation if he likes. Then some members will gather in groups & discus whatever i knw nothing about. There're some words like SATSANG CLASS, but i dnt knw what it means.Some eckist could be so nice & friendly while some are mean & some are the "i no send u" type.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by 40fy: 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2022

**Two fingers in the air, man!!!

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 8:52pm On Aug 08, 2022
INITIATIONS
i noticed frm the very 1st day that eckists wear ID card in their gathering. I could see the name of the eckist & his stage of initiation written as "initiation 1" or "initiation 2" in his ID card. There are the "high initiate"(usually those that reach initiation 6). The visiting speakers were high initiates.How is initiation done? That's one thing i dnt knw abt eckankar 'cos i wasn't initiated.But i once had an initiation (or something like that) in a drm. I was standing near a river & someone stood near me & said i should call a spirit named(...),when i called the spirit she came out frm the river,a woman dressed in red with a little knife. I sticked out my tongue & she touched the tip of my tongue with the knife. Just then a strange power awoke in me,much like electric current. But that was just a dream. I really dnt knw what initiation is like. However, i got into trouble once because of Hu...STORY CONT

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
I'll contine the story 2morow

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 4:55am On Aug 09, 2022
WHITEMAN VS BLACKMAN
If u realy knw the nature of africans,u'd understand that any religion headed by a whiteman often have a distorted version of it in Africa. The spiritual leader of eckankar wasn't born or brought up in Africa (Nigeria precisely),but he can lead every individual in Africa 2 God. Eckankar doesn't claim 2 b the only way 2 God (that's what they tell the public),but they have that feeling that only them knw what all non eckist don't know. I dont knw if that's how all of them are,but the few ones i knew often took themselves 2 be special people who had some hidden knowledge that others dont have.They said eckankar is the final path dat a person who wants 2 find God would take. Africans had lived for hundreds of years b4 Paul Twitchel & his eckankar phylosophy came into the scene. How could a Whiteman (Sri Harold Klemp) now become a way shower to Africans? Does he understand African traditions to the core?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 5:51am On Aug 09, 2022
ECK MASTERS
Paul Twitchel teaches that abt 970 eck masters had lived b4 him. These he met in the spiritual world (or how else does he knw them?).Rebazar tarzs is said 2 have been a teacher of Paul twitchel,but how am i 2 knw dis? Eckankar teaches that u don't have 2 believe on something but experience & knw it urself. If i dont meet & communicate with all the 970 eck masters,how will i knw they actually exist? Did any of the eck masters live in Nigeria? Do all eckists who promote this teaching actually knw these eck masters in person,Or they just believe?(remember,eckists don't believe,they knw!)
These were (still are) some of the questions i had abt the eck path.But the eckists are very smart,they tell u 2 sing hu & everything will be clarified. If u tell them dat u dont experience anything after singing the hu,they tell u 2 continue singing it:
"No experience is an experience itself" they said. So i sang hu till my throat "cracked"...MORE STORIES
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Nebes: 8:04am On Aug 09, 2022
Templee333:
ECK MASTERS
Paul Twitchel teaches that abt 970 eck masters had lived b4 him. These he met in the spiritual world (or how else does he knw them?).Rebazar tarzs is said 2 have been a teacher of Paul twitchel,but how am i 2 knw dis? Eckankar teaches that u don't have 2 believe on something but experience & knw it urself. If i dont meet & communicate with all the 970 eck masters,how will i knw they actually exist? Did any of the eck masters live in Nigeria? Do all eckists who promote this teaching actually knw these eck masters in person,Or they just believe?(remember,eckists don't believe,they knw!)
These were (still are) some of the questions i had abt the eck path.But the eckists are very smart,they tell u 2 sing hu & everything will be clarified. If u tell them dat u dont experience anything after singing the hu,they tell u 2 continue singing it:
"No experience is an experience itself" they said. So i sang hu till my throat "cracked"...MORE STORIES

I didn't expect to laugh but your last paragraph truly cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 8:52am On Aug 09, 2022
Nebes:

I didn't expect to laugh but your last paragraph truly cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh.
oh yes! U can laugh. But seriously,i wanted 2 meet these eck masters badly.
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 10:31am On Aug 09, 2022
THE CITY OF RETZ (VENUS)
Did u knw there are people living in other planets? If no,then u need 2 hear frm eckankar! There's a physical plane in the planet venus,where Rami Nuri (an eck master with an "M" in his forehead) is teaching in the temple of golden wisdom,located in the city of Retz. It is said that the 1st eck master on earth landed from venus (propably in a flying saucer) & started the path of eck here.Eckankar teachings are so delicious & amazing.One eckist narated a story of how he visited all the 9 planets,the moon & the sun with a tour guide & he interacted with the people over there & learned about their lives.U've got 2 read abt dreams & soul travels 2 other universes of god & numerous encounters with eck masters. U've got 2 learn abt worlds (heavens) where souls exist without bodies and bath in eternal bliss,free from the chains of karma & reincarnation. U could realy entertain some wonderful euphoric moments in ur mind if u follow the eckist. At what cost?
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2022
THE COST OF MEMBERSHIP
In order 2 have full contact with the light & sound,u need 2 be a registered member.They explained that i have 2 pay N20K(as of then). What! 20K? where will i get dat kind of money? Apart from that,i'll need 2 renew my membership (with money) every year. The only reason i didnt join the path was the financial cost,i couldnt afford it. They said i should continue 2 chant hu.The mahanta should've understood that i was ready to join if not 4 money reason,but he didnt undstnd. So he withheld all the goodies frm me 'cos i didn't have 50USD to pay,how sad! But now i do think abt it,does one realy need 2 be sending money from Nigeria to US so dat d whiteman can teach him how 2 fly in dreams? US is far richer than Nigeria,so if he REALY loves us as he teaches,why not show us everything 4 free? If i must pay him 50 dollars b4 i can live in that fantastic heaven of eternal bliss,then something is wrong somewhere.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by CaptMarvel(m): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2022
wink smiley
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by chieveboy(m): 4:30pm On Aug 09, 2022
Templee333:
THE COST OF MEMBERSHIP
In order 2 have full contact with the light & sound,u need 2 be a registered member.They explained that i have 2 pay N20K(as of then). What! 20K? where will i get dat kind of money? Apart from that,i'll need 2 renew my membership (with money) every year. The only reason i didnt join the path was the financial cost,i couldnt afford it. They said i should continue 2 chant hu.The mahanta should've understood that i was ready to join if not 4 money reason,but he didnt undstnd. So he withheld all the goodies frm me 'cos i didn't have 50USD to pay,how sad! But now i do think abt it,does one realy need 2 be sending money from Nigeria to US so dat d whiteman can teach him how 2 fly in dreams? US is far richer than Nigeria,so if he REALY loves us as he teaches,why not show us everything 4 free? If i must pay him 50 dollars b4 i can live in that fantastic heaven of eternal bliss,then something is wrong somewhere.

I suppose the $50 suggested donation buys you these privileges and NASA is wasting it time and billions making telescopes to have those useless images sent back fro mars and others when they could actually be their in person by paying Eckankar 50 buck...?

Back in the day, I got registered for free after writing Membership Services I don't have the suggested membership fee.

Any ways Sha, I think I have a clearer picture of your problem and it's best you are left to try your best at whatever it is you want to do to resolve it. This is the purpose of being sent to this hard planet at least...

I may or may not provide clarifications (the thing you actually need) to douse some of the ignorance and incorrect information you are spreading here.

Cheers and enjoy the ride regardless. Life is not punishment and is always fair. In all conditions, look for the golden hand of God. This will ease your problem faster than trying to blame anyone out there. If you must take something from Eckankar, it is this point.
Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 5:27pm On Aug 09, 2022
I'm not blaming anyone 4 any problem,i'm telling a story 4 who cares 2 read. U can't have a clearer picture of a person u've never met in real life so how comes u know my problems & motive?
That aside,ur post on the link above is quite educative & i love it. By the way,if u feel that i'm spreading wrong information,pls point it out & i will gladly accept ur correct info. Thanks @chieveboy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eckankar Religion by Templee333(m): 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2022
chieveboy:

I suppose the $50 suggested donation buys you these privileges and NASA is wasting it time and billions making telescopes to have those useless images sent back fro mars and others when they could actually be their in person by paying Eckankar 50 buck...?

Back in the day, I got registered for free after writing Membership Services I don't have the suggested membership fee.

Any ways Sha, I think I have a clearer picture of your problem and it's best you are left to try your best at whatever it is you want to do to resolve it. This is the purpose of being sent to this hard planet at least...

I may or may not provide clarifications (the thing you actually need) to douse some of the ignorance and incorrect information you are spreading here.

Cheers and enjoy the ride regardless. Life is not punishment and is always fair. In all conditions, look for the golden hand of God. This will ease your problem faster than trying to blame anyone out there. If you must take something from Eckankar, it is this point.

May the blessings be!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biblical Inerrancy / Grace Testimony From Nigeria : Freed From Condemnation / 5 Bible Verses To Help Parents In Bringing Up Their Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.