Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! (30834 Views)

Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes / Man Carries Cross In V.I, Lagos To Apologise To Jesus For Sinning Against Him / Palm Sunday: Ugandans Hired A White Man To Play Jesus For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 07, 2022
We’re not desperate or extremist like our Muslim brothers
We leave it for God to judge
Coz God always preaches love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 07, 2022
The difference between a celebrity and an ambassador.

Apostle Joshua Selman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBqHjST3fwo
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by HappyPagan: 10:32am On Aug 07, 2022
Pells:

Atheist, holy spirit pregnant am
No wonder they call him the Cumforter.. his coming brought Jesus who came to die a virgin.

1 Like

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by detectivejones: 10:32am On Aug 07, 2022
Hope you're aware Mexicans answer the name too. The way some Nigerians carry this religion matter for head no be here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Lovelydaisies: 10:34am On Aug 07, 2022
OP, God bless you for this. I have felt this way and hoped for a time to express myself but you have done it. I hope I'm not guilty of it myself but I make conscious efforts not to.

We play with the name of God but when a Muslim uses it in like manner, we cry out. That is why the Muslims have their thread locked, only to be allowed entry through oath-taking, because they value the name of their God. We who are Christians come here to groan and moan and call out Seun for his 'partility' when we respect neither God's nor Allah's name.

When you feel the urge to use God's name to make a joke, insert your father's or mother's name. If you can do that, it then means you have no regard for your parents and elders.

God's name is holy and should be used in reverence and not mockery. How many Muslims or adherents of other religions do we see making skits and openly blaspheme the names of their divinities ?

Christians, heed this call. It's a grave, mortal sin to trivialise the name of God. Those who laugh at such jokes aren't any different. Let's be reverent and may God come to our aid as we seek to truly worship him.

Udo diri anyi. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by tctrills: 10:34am On Aug 07, 2022
nakotee:
Recently the name of Jesus who is known to be the name given to the son of the Most High God according to the Christian religion has be constantly been abused and defiled recently by skit makers in Nigeria.

JESUS is a sacred name and should not be used in any form of skit Making, Recently skit makers who show women indecently dressed also used the name of Jesus as jokes to sell their skit movies . This is not a good thing to behold in a country like Nigeria who took Christianity as one of its major religions.

I hearby call on the notice of the Christian Association of Nigeria to call to order all skit makers and every other persons who is presently abusing the name of JESUS.

Please Moderators this issue should be given more attention.
There is something called freedom a speech. CAN lacks the authority to moderate speech.
Let everyone act according to his conscience
We do not fight for God, he fights for us.

1 Like

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Naajjii: 10:34am On Aug 07, 2022
Angelfrost:

Killing and maiming people who insult your god or prophet is not true religion... It is nothing but psychopathy!

Let's stay within the bounds of proper reasoning...

There ought to be a distinction between humans and animals.... Even wild animals would never have done to Deborah what those infidels did to her.
But alot of you christians kill people for other reason. How about the slaughtering of 2 military couples by Ipod Esn unknown, where their heads and private parts were cut off?

1 Like

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by eldeens: 10:36am On Aug 07, 2022
Pells:

Jesus is the son of God
I can also answer when someone calls me by my father's name ,get it to your skull

If Jesus is the son of God as you claimed
Then the most high God is the father Himself
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by HarlequinLekex: 10:39am On Aug 07, 2022
nakotee:
Recently the name of Jesus who is known to be the name given to the son of the Most High God according to the Christian religion has be constantly been abused and defiled recently by skit makers in Nigeria.

JESUS is a sacred name and should not be used in any form of skit Making, Recently skit makers who show women indecently dressed also used the name of Jesus as jokes to sell their skit movies . This is not a good thing to behold in a country like Nigeria who took Christianity as one of its major religions.

I hearby call on the notice of the Christian Association of Nigeria to call to order all skit makers and every other persons who is presently abusing the name of JESUS.

CAN IS NOW A POLITICAL BODY if you know u know.
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Lugard89: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2022
They have no right bro....
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Angelfrost(m): 10:42am On Aug 07, 2022
Vinnie2000:

So If a Child visits your House and shout 'JESUS IS A FOOL', You would leave Jesus to fight for his name, abi undecided

The OP is VERY RIGHT.

You Guys are Supporting Bad Things. sad

Nope... I don't support what is wrong.

However, I can't correct what is wrong by doing the wrong thing!

What does the Bible admonish in such instances?!! That should be our standard!

I believe the ridicule of Christianity is being done mostly by Christians or professing Christians (or Churchgoers)! You will rarely see a good Muslim do such! I know this for a fact!

Even the ones who claim to be atheists attend one church or the other, or at least attended churches earlier.

My point??! Christians need to have a word with themselves... We need to start speaking with one voice, and actually practicing what we preach and read! Let's put our houses in order
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Angelfrost(m): 10:44am On Aug 07, 2022
Naajjii:

But alot of you christians kill people for other reason. How about the slaughtering of 2 military couples by Ipod Esn unknown, where their heads and private parts were cut off?

Did they act in the name of Jesus?!! What proof do you have that they are Christians?!!

You think every Southerner or Southeastern person is a Christian?!!

You are reaching! Trying to justify what is clearly wrong! Where is your conscience?!!

1 Like

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Anndrew(m): 10:44am On Aug 07, 2022
Nyanabo:

To correct you we frown upon blasphemy. But we allow God to act.

When Ananias and sapphire blasphemed against the Holy Ghost, Peter didn't order their killing but the Holy Spirit swiftly moved to execute judgement.
yeah,that was in the old days,and that the old statement..Peter didn't but it was the holy spirit...then came Jesus as the salvation...that the different between the Christians and Muslims...Holy spirit kill in the Christian way while the Muslims kill their people for their god...all same for blasphemy
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Xcellente10(m): 10:45am On Aug 07, 2022
Angelfrost:

Killing and maiming people who insult your god or prophet is not true religion... It is nothing but psychopathy!

Let's stay within the bounds of proper reasoning...

There ought to be a distinction between humans and animals.... Even wild animals would never have done to Deborah what those infidels did to her.

All what you are saying is actually not necessary.

You guys should learn how to respect other people religion and beliefs.

You will never see a true Muslim disrespect Phophet Isah(Jesus) simply because we believe in him and his true message, but you Christians!!!

God dey watch everybody sha
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Arielle: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2022
dhardline:
Made a post on this some months ago. Those who have ears let them hear!

In the last couple of months there has been a very disturbing trend that has spread across social media through most of the Nigerian internet comedians.
This trend is the use of the Lord's names name in vain. If you are a very attentive person you will notice the voice they include in their videos screaming 'Jesus' all in a bid to make the video funnier.
How ignorant can people pretend to be when the know the consequences (that those who do this will die) of their actions but still go ahead to do this without fear.
This comedians will feel hurt emotionally if a friend makes fun of their surname(fathers name) in anyway and would never tolerate anyone making jest of their precious mother's name but they boldly use the name of the Lord who has given them breath as a thing of comedy all in a bit to make money.
Another thing to note is that even the Muslims or any other religion will never try this but those who profess to be Christians, go to church on Sundays and have pastors who even pray for them without reprimanding them go ahead to commit this sin boldly.
Well, I am here to remind you and not to judge you because you have already been judged by your words and you know the consequences of your spoken words and it's either you repent from this or be prepared for whatever comes as a result. Shalom.
Please give us an example of when any skit maker made fun of Jesus' name.
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by GregoryPeterson(m): 10:45am On Aug 07, 2022
Emma1Oj:
Even the CAN don't take the name serious. they use it to make and collect money from the dondies.. Na Hussle every body dey Hussle.
exactly bro.
CAN na politics

1 Like

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by IDERAWOLE(m): 10:47am On Aug 07, 2022
BewareOf419:
Christians are not desperate like our brothers in second religion. If you like take Jesus name eat Chicken that won't move Christians to kill. Christians don't believe in blasphemy

Thank you for your response.

The comment before yours now want another round of abuse to start again between the adherents of the two ways of relating with God!

Most Christians don't even know the Jesus they want to defend or fight for!

Most of the time we're the ones making these people think they're important.

Remember the day Apostle Peter cut somebody's ear off? Jesus said there's no need for that!

When you read the bible as a Christian, you'll realize where your power lies and you don't need all these contentions.

1 Like

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Dagenius53: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2022
They will not act on that but they are always on ground when Tinubu name is mention.
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:48am On Aug 07, 2022
Pells:

I can Sue you,you kny undecided undecided

That would prove my point haha. He's not only a joke, he is so useless that a mere you should be fighting for him. cheesy
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Angelfrost(m): 10:50am On Aug 07, 2022
Xcellente10:

All what you are saying is actually not necessary.

You guys should learn how to respect other people religion and beliefs.

You will never see a true Muslim disrespect Phophet Isah(Jesus) simply because we believe in him and his true message, but you Christians!!!

God dey watch everybody sha

You just hate the truth!

The truth is that we are in an imperfect world!

Everyone will never walk or toe your path... Disrespect for religion can never be done away with.

Learn the meaning of tolerance! Religious tolerance is a global message. Learn it!!!

You can't compel obedience or respect! Especially in a democracy!

I am not saying it is okay or cool for anyone to disrespect Allah, Mohammed or Jesus Christ... But, it is bound to happen! Maiming and killing such people is far worse than the so called sin of Blasphemy!

Why is this even an argument?!!

1 Like

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by mrkings84(m): 10:51am On Aug 07, 2022
OGA OP THANK YOU FOR YOUR KONSAIN BUT THE NAME OF JESUS IS FREE FOR EVERYONE TO USE INCLUDING NATIVE DOCTORS, MOSLEMS, AND ALL.

THE NAME OF JESUS IS A STRONG TOWER, BUT WHEN WE CHRISTIANS CALL ON IT, WE ARE SAVE!!

The Name of Jesus is so powerful that even while joking with it Satan and Demons trembles.
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Sleekfingers: 10:53am On Aug 07, 2022
nakotee:

How is Jesus a scared name? Just a bloody name. And he was nothing, but a human like me.
Jesus and Mohammed should come and suck my dick...
Bloody brainwashed Nigerians, other countries are busy thinking about development and technologies. Na religion of slaves una carry for head.

2 Likes

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Agricaddict(m): 10:53am On Aug 07, 2022
BewareOf419:
Christians are not desperate like our brothers in second religion. If you like take Jesus name eat Chicken that won't move Christians to kill. Christians don't believe in blasphemy

More like Christians don't believe in Christianity
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by adams123: 10:54am On Aug 07, 2022
Karlovich:
shocked A particular religion would have gone on a skull mining spree because their religious leader's name was mentioned. Nonetheless, Jesus is a common name is Spain and Portugal and not restricted to Israel where the religion originated from

Christianity originated from Israel but did you ever ask yourself how many Israelites are christian today? Check that first, pls.

1 Like

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Josbreed: 10:54am On Aug 07, 2022
nakotee:

I hearby [b]call on the notice of the Christian Association of Nigeria to call to order all skit makers [/b]and every other persons who is presently abusing the name of JESUS.

For what reason exactly?! So that there would be a Christian form of "sharia" abi? Then there will be no difference between Christianity and Islam. Christians are not meant to "enforce" Christianity, you of all people know that. I doubt if there is any adult Christian in this era and civilization that does not know the law "thou shall not call the name of the Lord in vain". The best we can do is advice, not call to order as you said.
Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by LollySeaSide: 10:54am On Aug 07, 2022
xproducer:
The Lord GOD is the righteous Judge of all things...

"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." -Exodus 20:7
God bless you.
God knows how to deal with people who sin against Him.
Peace is the word.

1 Like

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Vinnie2000(m): 10:54am On Aug 07, 2022
Angelfrost:

Nope... I don't support what is wrong.

However, I can't correct what is wrong by doing the wrong thing!

What does the Bible admonish in such instances?!! That should be our standard!

I believe the ridicule of Christianity is being done mostly by Christians or professing Christians (or Churchgoers)! You will rarely see a good Muslim do such! I know this for a fact!

Even the ones who claim to be atheists attend one church or the other, or at least attended churches earlier.

My point??! Christians need to have a word with themselves... We need to start speaking with one voice, and actually practicing what we preach and read! Let's put our houses in order

Well, What the OP said is Correct!

Because there is Tolerance in Christianity, Doesnt mean Peeps should Ridicule the Faith.

You cant use Buddha to Make Jokes in China or Hare Krishna to make Jokes in India!

2 Likes

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Angelfrost(m): 10:56am On Aug 07, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Because there is Tolerance in Christianity, Doesnt mean Peeps should Ridicule the Faith.

You cant use Buddha to Make Jokes in China or Hare Krishna to make Jokes in India!

I agree sir...

However, it is this tolerance that makes the religion beautiful and peaceful.

Tolerance is not a weakness neither is it something negative.

The opposite is extremism! We are not animals!

1 Like

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Josbreed: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2022
nakotee:
this is a peaceful call sir

There is zero need for your peaceful call. Very inconsequential and needless.

1 Like

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by Josbreed: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2022
Vinnie2000:

So you support that Christians should adopt the Buddah and Hare Krishna approach and become as wild as them? Never. That is the beaty of Christianity, let people take us as fools. We are just different, Christ-like.

1 Like

Re: Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! by abokikhalifa: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2022
nakotee:

You think Christians are like muslims that fight for thier God.
God will judge everybody at the end.
All we can do as christians is to keep lovin our neighbours. Love is what Christianity entails.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Meaning Of Ash Wednesday And Why Anglicans Celebrate It / John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference / Pictures "First Timers" In Church Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.