Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) (57251 Views)

Nigerian Couple Wearing Balenciaga Native Attire At Ilorin Mall / Veronika Didusenko, Miss Ukraine Banned By Miss World For Being Single Mum / Patek Philippe: World Most Expensive Watch Sells For ₦11.2Billion In Switzerland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2022
This bag is getting lots of trash talk.

Balenciaga is raising eyebrows — and getting trashed — over its “Trash Pouch,” a baffling design “inspired by a garbage bag” with an even more outrageous price tag: a hefty $1,790.

The luxury fashion house’s shiny drawstring bag — which is made out of calfskin leather, emblazoned with a subtle logo and comes in the basic Hefty bag black along with the solid Glad-esque white as well as yellow and blue — is making its way to stores after debuting in the Fall 2022 ready-to-wear collection in Paris last March.

“I couldn’t miss an opportunity to make the most expensive trash bag in the world, because who doesn’t love a fashion scandal?” Balenciaga’s creative director Demna Gvasalia told Women’s Wear Daily at the time.

Now being sold in stores, the “Trash Pouch” has gone viral thanks to an Instagram post that has garnered lots of trash talk, with reactions ranging from puzzled to outraged to fits of laughter.

“Hmm this is rude,” wrote one commenter, while another called out the brand for being full of garbage: “Balenciaga is a meme designer.”

One person questioned whether it was a “social experiment” and another mused, “This getting out of hand.”

“They really trying to make a joke out of the consumers at this point,” chimed in another.

Someone else not amused by the trashy design even warned, “Please dont let theze brandz play you.”

Still, some found the humor in the wacky design. “I got 40 of those under my sink,” one person commented.

One jokester went for the jugular with garbage bag puns, writing, “It’s a CINCH some will be GLAD to own this bag, but they will have to pay a HEFTY price.”

“Whoever buys this needs to be thrown out in it,” said another.

Several commenters compared it to the 2001 comedy “Zoolander” in which Ben Stiller’s character models a collection inspired by the homeless. “This is ‘Zoolander’ in real life with the clothing line Derelict. Where is Mugatu at this rate?”

But one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. At least one person plans to buy the bag, simply commenting, “need.”
Source: https://nypost.com/2022/08/04/balenciagas-most-expensive-trash-bag-in-the-world-is-1790/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by Righteousness2(m): 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2022
It is what matters to you that will freak you.

Some people are freaked by lastest phones and gadgets.
Some persons are freaked by latest cloths and Fashion
Others are freaked by latest bags, watches, and so on.

Someone like me, I am freaked by things that have Eternal value.
I am Freaked by the Salvation of my soul in Eternity.
I am Freaked by things that will make me to please GOD.
I am Freaked by Heaven at last.
I am Freaked by JESUS Christ.

This is what really matters and not all these things.

244 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by tillaman(m): 11:56pm On Aug 06, 2022
Accomplished trash bag
Na like expensive trash them go dey pour inside no be omi ogi or epo ewa

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by Septagon: 11:59pm On Aug 06, 2022
These Whites dey worry.as in they lack what to do?how to spend their money?

Hadley Chase available

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by Holybaddo: 12:25am On Aug 07, 2022
Na your mate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by LogicBomb8: 12:35am On Aug 07, 2022
Trash = anything unusefull
No mater wetin you take package am na just well arranged nonsense or in this case expensive nonsense wrap

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by Mhurfhy(m): 12:37am On Aug 07, 2022
Trash indeed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by EBUBS(m): 7:29am On Aug 07, 2022
It'll still sell

3 Likes

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 07, 2022
I wan buy
Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by Kingcalls: 9:28am On Aug 07, 2022
Its the brand that sells and not the piece ...and only rich insecure people will go fir it

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by FiremanX: 9:47am On Aug 07, 2022
Waste of money,,,,

1 Like

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by HarlequinLekex: 10:21am On Aug 07, 2022
Septagon:
These Whites dey worry.as in they lack what to do?how to spend their money?

Hadley Chase available
You spend your money anyhow you want

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by HarlequinLekex: 10:23am On Aug 07, 2022
LogicBomb8:
Trash = anything unusefull
No mater wetin you take package am na just well arranged nonsense or in this case expensive nonsense wrap
Hygene is very important
Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by mytime24(f): 10:26am On Aug 07, 2022
Naija polithiefcian how market angry

Una no go buy embarassed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by LogicBomb8: 10:36am On Aug 07, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Hygene is very important
how much is your hygene? because i dont think you even Your govmt can afford dat kinda hygene in a mass scale
Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by detectivejones: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2022
Its those that have money to buy that are crying. Persom wey go buy go still buy.
Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by paulolee(m): 11:59am On Aug 07, 2022
they are paying 1.8k dollz for Balenciaga n not dt trash de call bag, dts the power of big name

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by ifihearam: 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2022
Nigerians that love to show off will buy it.
Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by LaSenior: 11:57am On Aug 20, 2022
angry
Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by meobizy(f): 11:57am On Aug 20, 2022
At this point in history there is nothing innovative that can be done in the fashion industry. Everything has been explored.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by AgubataAkokwa: 11:58am On Aug 20, 2022
Even tilumbu and buhari doesn't deserve to be discarded with such an expensive trash bag.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by fasho01(m): 11:58am On Aug 20, 2022
This is vainly trash honestly
Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by Mrkumareze(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2022
cheesy this bag ll only suit Kanye West with his funny attire

3 Likes

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by Nikola188(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2022
Crap!
Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2022
Waste of money shaa
Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by illuminutty: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2022
Yeyebrities will buy it for their ego.

1 Like

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by inoki247: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2022
Legal Scam....

2 Likes

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by Nova1982: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2022
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) by Whobedatte(m): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2022
Balenciaga na overrated brand walahi even their shoes and wears are nothing near classy and it sells very expensive
Give me Louboutin , or any Armani design and I'm good to go

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Wear Waist Beads? / Braided Hairstyle: Fashion Or Madness? / Lady Cried As Laser Treatment To Remove Tribal Mark Left Worse Scars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.