Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? (18551 Views)

New USSD For Offering And Tithe In Winners Chapel. See How Much I Paid. / Bishop Oyedepo: I Cart My Tithe In Trailer Loads To God / Daddy Freeze lays Curses On Pastors Who Will Collect Tithe In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by thrillionaire(m): 8:59am On Nov 27, 2022
Most Nigerian pastors are wrong except Abel Damina
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Throwback: 8:59am On Nov 27, 2022
Nigerian pastors are wrong and fraudulent about Tithes.

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by John3v19: 8:59am On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by LegalWolf: 9:01am On Nov 27, 2022
OP This is an excellent thread!

TenQ what do you think? It’s not every time I mention you that you should be scared cheesy
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by mrvitalis(m): 9:04am On Nov 27, 2022
OkCornel:
When pro-tithers are ready to show us where God specifically mentioned money as part of the items to be tithed, then they should know that monetary tithing is unscriptural.

When God required money for the needs of the Temple, He specifically mentioned where all Israelite males should be levied a temple tax of half a shekel every year. That was an instance of God clearly asking for money.

BASED ON THE ABOVE, IT WAS CLEAR WHEN & HOW GOD ASKED FOR MONEY TO MAINTAIN THE TEMPLE...

NOW LET US EXAMINE GOD'S REQUIREMENT FOR TITHES BELOW;

Based on the above verses, God clearly mentioned what is titheable, and money was not part of the items to be tithed.

IN CONCLUSION:
Any fraudster that comes with the excuse that money was not in use because the Israelites were predominantly farmers and cattle rearers...should read Exodus 30 v 13-16 and explain to us why God demanded money from these same Israelites...but specified crops and livestock as tithes in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

Also, I'll be waiting for scriptural references where God made tithing mandatory for gentiles as well.
They would never quote Deuteronomy ... honestly they would never quote it scammers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by mrvitalis(m): 9:05am On Nov 27, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

The church will pay bills.

They have electricity, water, rent, transport, maintenance, laundry e.t.c

If the members don’t fund, how will a church survive?

I am against tithing, but supporting the church is not a sin and it’s not mandatory.
So God can provide miracle money to members but can't provide for his church ?

Hmmm seem like someone don't believe what they preach to the congregation

2 Likes

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Olatara(f): 9:06am On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Did Jesus Christ command any of His followers to build what you call your churches in His name, to begin with? undecided

2. Did Jesus Christ send any of His followers out to pay electricity, water, rent, transport, maintenance, laundry, etc., using His name to solicit money to do so? undecided

3. Did Jesus Christ give any of His followers permission to use His Name in soliciting donations of any kind from others, even those who belong to His flock? undecided
They actually asked for donations. I am not a Bible student, but I remembered Ananias and sapphire.

Remember Judas Iscariot was their treasurer during Jesus' time. Where did they get all the money, if not from donations.

I am not against tithing, if you have get, if you don't have enough, use your money for yourself. God is not wicked
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Zionmdde: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Jesus died for everything!

He does not need your money!

You can support God ministry with money, but it’s silting saying you giving God money while a mere man is spending it

Sharrap and face ur Islam
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2022
11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law

Heb 7:1-12 answers your question comprehensively. Levitical priesthood was not perfect, so a need for another priest in Jesus was needed. With the priesthood changed, so has the law of tithing changed.

Again, Malachi was taking out of context. Read from chapter 2:1, it was referring to the priests, not to the people.

There is a difference between giving and tithing, seed time and harvest time shall never cease. There is a blessing attached to giving and you can give as much as you wish like the apostles practiced. Some of even gave a 100% proceed. But tithing under the law has expired.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by treatise: 9:07am On Nov 27, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

I am against tithing, but supporting the church is not a sin and it’s not mandatory.
Giving to the works of Jehovah is evidently rewarding but wiring the minds of the adherents with tithing/tithe shares semblance with communist ideals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by kwasoly(m): 9:08am On Nov 27, 2022
unstoppable51:

Source: https://stm.com.ng/tithe-and-giving-in-the-new-testament/

This is really an insult to body of Christ, didn't expect anything more than this from you.
The scripture is always there for us to consult for light not freezer.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Zionmdde: 9:10am On Nov 27, 2022
Righthussle:

Any human who believes that whoever made this universe will need ANYTHING from a human is a Big Idiot.

Only a fool will give MONEY to a human being and think in his mind that he has given the money to God.
So how was the gospel meant to be propagated in the first place?
How will the bible be sent across the entire earth?
How will churches host a crusade with a very large gathering without money to pay for venue and good sound system?

How can you give to a poor human being and it will be counted as you have given to God? Or is proverbs 19:17 a joke to u?

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by geezyk(m): 9:10am On Nov 27, 2022
Una no go like show me the Twelve tribes of Isreal inside Nigeria, pastors go dey claim Levi grin grin like say dem be israelis.

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by pinkasso: 9:14am On Nov 27, 2022
It's easy to tithe in societies where taxes are low or hardly enforceable like naija even when the arguments wether daddy freeze or 'other' Nigerian pastors is correct continues..
Now my question is this in a place like UK where as a basic earner you pay 20% tax a month and you still need to pay NI contribution and pension contributions, the question is, will it still be possible to pay an additional 10% of your gross salary as tithe?
Now bear in mind that these deductions are before your living expenses.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by obedience4(m): 9:15am On Nov 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
In the Old Covenant the Tabernacle and Temple were built by humans so the monetary tithing was introduced to maintain the worship in the system but in the New Covenant that was not built by humans the tithing God demanded is not monetary! John 2:19

Christ is the New temple and members of the congregation are his BODY or BUILDING {Ephesians 4:12} so the maintenance of the temple doesn't need monetary tithing, it has been CHANGED! Hebrews 7:11-12

God bless you and may you have PEACE!

So when Paul in the new testament was writing to churches who were the churches
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by mymadam(m): 9:15am On Nov 27, 2022
Deuteronomy 14:22-26
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Vadese1: 9:19am On Nov 27, 2022
Speaking from experience, I don't believed in the principle of Tithing any more. Giving is my hubby, so I will always give if I have, but not tithing as a must. Some of the most richest people today on Earth are the Arabs. They are not Tithing.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Geovanni412(m): 9:20am On Nov 27, 2022
unstoppable51:

Make una rest small abeg. The Qatari and Saudi Royal family have more money than any Christian tithe giver. Stop deceiving yourselves - the rule is to give as you are led.
Rules of wealth, if followed, will generate money for anybody, regardless of whether he is a voodoo man or a Christian. We are all God's children, know this and know peace.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by emonis88: 9:22am On Nov 27, 2022
OkCornel:
When pro-tithers are ready to show us where God specifically mentioned money as part of the items to be tithed, then they should know that monetary tithing is unscriptural.

When God required money for the needs of the Temple, He specifically mentioned where all Israelite males should be levied a temple tax of half a shekel every year. That was an instance of God clearly asking for money.

BASED ON THE ABOVE, IT WAS CLEAR WHEN & HOW GOD ASKED FOR MONEY TO MAINTAIN THE TEMPLE...

NOW LET US EXAMINE GOD'S REQUIREMENT FOR TITHES BELOW;

Based on the above verses, God clearly mentioned what is titheable, and money was not part of the items to be tithed.

IN CONCLUSION:
Any fraudster that comes with the excuse that money was not in use because the Israelites were predominantly farmers and cattle rearers...should read Exodus 30 v 13-16 and explain to us why God demanded money from these same Israelites...but specified crops and livestock as tithes in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

Also, I'll be waiting for scriptural references where God made tithing mandatory for gentiles as well.
God bless u, I ve bn wanting to go look for this verse , it clearly states how u give or spend ur Tithe here, but the Pastors never mention this verse in d old testament.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by prophetfire: 9:24am On Nov 27, 2022
unstoppable51:

Abeg, go siddon. This issue have been overflogged. There's more pressing issues in life.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by CheapHomes1: 9:25am On Nov 27, 2022
Jovialjune1:
Freezer is WRONG

It is specifically stated in the new testament that giving tithe is not a sin, instead Jesus condemned those that prefer to tithe when their heart is not pure and there are other weightier issues, HE specifically said "you cannot focus on one aspect and neglect the other"

Matthew 23:23 (KJV) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Luke 18:12 (KJV) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Hebrews 7:5-9 (KJV) And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Jesus specifically said that HE did not come to abolish the LAW nor condemn it, but to fulfill it.

Should tithing be done this way... Deuteronomy 14:22-29
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Olowosaudi(m): 9:25am On Nov 27, 2022
Righthussle:

Any human who believes that whoever made this universe will need ANYTHING from a human is a Big Idiot.

Only a fool will give MONEY to a human being and think in his mind that he has given the money to God.
Am with you in this. What does a God who is creator of the universe need your money for when he created all things. It's just a myth created by these religious charlatans to milk people of their money.

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by A1kennedy(m): 9:26am On Nov 27, 2022
If you don't obey God, then your tithes are useless, if you obey God then 10% is welcomed, if you obey God but don't see any reason to pay tithes,then you have an entitlement mentality before God. Simple!!

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Grandmeister(m): 9:27am On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Did Jesus Christ command any of His followers to build what you call your churches in His name, to begin with? undecided

2. Did Jesus Christ send any of His followers out to pay electricity, water, rent, transport, maintenance, laundry, etc., using His name to solicit money to do so? undecided

3. Did Jesus Christ give any of His followers permission to use His Name in soliciting donations of any kind from others, even those who belong to His flock? undecided
Even jesus paid tithe to the synagogue so chill with this your half-truth.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by easiest(m): 9:30am On Nov 27, 2022
Should this question be still lingering in the 21st century after many years of Christianity existence?
It seem the followers of this religion still didn't understand this teaches of the bible I suggest you take look at a straight path without confusion narrative and quotation, I think you need to have a peep at teaches of Islam.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Prince500(m): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2022
treatise:

Giving to the works of Jehovah is evidently rewarding but wiring the minds of the adherents with tithing/tithe shares semblance with communist ideals. Best comment on the thread. So many clowns here just quotingscriptures probably written by people,whose identity we can't even verify.
The tithing system is an aberration designed by the smartest yet unproductive elements of the society(god of men) to plunder the more productive but helplessly sheepish members of the society. Communism is accurately captured in current modern church system. A
so called man of God has created a system where he can't be challenged so as not offend 'God'. A scam of a practice,a shame and a way to keep us from livingfree. I chose rationality and will do my best to cure every one I find from the forced indoctrination and programming that religion operates in.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by TAYO124: 9:33am On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Those of you who pay tithes/taxes in the name of Jesus Christ deny yourselves sonship with God by your acts of disobedienceundecided
As Jesus Christ made clear, the Children of God do not pay taxes/Tithe in His name. So, do we ignore Jesus Christ so we can instead follow the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) instead? undecided
Stop messing up people’s head about the less important matters of the Bible. Anyone one who cares to be informed has easy access to read for himself, enough from all manner of manipulators on social media and pulpits. (Including NAIRALAND in particular!)
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Piptocoin: 9:35am On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Those of you who pay tithes/taxes in the name of Jesus Christ deny yourselves sonship with God by your acts of disobedienceundecided
As Jesus Christ made clear, the Children of God do not pay taxes/Tithe in His name. So, do we ignore Jesus Christ so we can instead follow the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) instead? undecided

Was Jesus encouraging people to be insubordinate to the authorities? Don't forget, taxes and tithes are two different things. It is like saying apples and pineapples have similar appearance.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by harmargedon: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

torr.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by harmargedon: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2022
Grandmeister:

Even jesus paid tithe to the synagogue so chill with this your half-truth.
please show us where

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by damoobaba: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:

I don't understand
1. Is it only Tithe that Pastors preach in their Church?
2. Nobody forces anybody to pay money, wether Tithe or offerings in any church. If you go to any Church and they're forcing you to pay money, you can as well STOP ATTENDING THAT CHURCH. I can count the number of times I've attended Sunday service this year, it's definitely not up to 6 times and the churches are still running. You're the ones putting pressure on your life.
3. You pay or don't pay Tithe, Churches will operate.
Re: Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? by Basicend: 9:51am On Nov 27, 2022
Jovialjune1:
Freezer is WRONG

It is specifically stated in the new testament that giving tithe is not a sin, instead Jesus condemned those that prefer to tithe when their heart is not pure and there are other weightier issues, HE specifically said "you cannot focus on one aspect and neglect the other"

Matthew 23:23 (KJV) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Luke 18:12 (KJV) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Hebrews 7:5-9 (KJV) And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Jesus specifically said that HE did not come to abolish the LAW nor condemn it, but to fulfill it.

Leave them bro. . Most of them don't have any relationship with God that the issue.

If you genuinely do, how will you not want to commit to him financially to show love . . Bible says where the treasure of a man is, so his heart will be also. .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience / How Can One Know He Or She Has Emere/marine Spirit? / Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 57th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.