Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele (489 Views)

Daddy Freeze Takes A Swipe At Popular Obidient As He Replies Her Tweet / Oracle Of Poverty - Oshiomhole Takes A Swipe At Alimekhena / David Hundeyin Takes A Swipe At Tinubu Over Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by Parachoko: 9:05am On Aug 07, 2022
Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'Incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele, Says He Left Inflation Rate At 7.8% In 2014

Sanusi, who decried the current state of Nigeria’s economy under President Muhammadu Buhari’s government with Emefiele as the CBN governor, said he left a commendable legacy as he came into CBN when inflation was at 15.6% and left it at 7.8% inflation rate.

The former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has taken a swipe at the incumbent Governor of the apex bank, Godwin Emefiele, over the rising inflation rate in the country.

Sanusi, who decried the current state of Nigeria’s economy under President Muhammadu Buhari’s government with Emefiele as the CBN governor, said he left a commendable legacy as he came into CBN when inflation was at 15.6% and left it at 7.8% inflation rate.

The former Emir of Kano State Thursday, while speaking at the Akinjide Adeosun Foundation (AAF) Leadership Colloquium and Awards, said he has the right to criticise any public officer who is incompetent.

“People say to me, ‘why do you keep criticising people? Why do you keep talking about public policy?’ And I say I was a public officer and I have a record – talk about my own record.

“I met inflation at 15.6%, left it at 7.8%. I stabilised the exchange rate; I saved the banks. I transformed the payment system.

“I have my record and because I had the opportunity to serve, I served and I left a record, so, I’ve earned the right to criticise any public officer who is incompetent and I’ll call him out,” Sanusi said.

Emefiele became the CBN Governor on June 4, 2014, and a check on inflation data available on the CBN website showed that as of December 2014, inflation, All Items (Year on Change) was at 8.00%. Meanwhile, as of June this year, the inflation rate, All Items (Year on Change) was at 18.60%, a marginal rise of 10.60% against the rate in December 2014.

https://saharareporters.com/articles/sanusi-takes-swipe-incompetent-nigerian-central-bank-governor-emefiele-says-he-left
Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by Jashub: 9:06am On Aug 07, 2022
Only APC zombies will cry out when the incompetencies of of this government comes to light undecided
Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by Totilopussylick(m): 9:08am On Aug 07, 2022
I am still mad at Gandollar for sacking Sanusi unjustifiably as the emir of kano state tongue
Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by Righthussle: 9:08am On Aug 07, 2022
Nigeria don tire me .
Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by kingsways: 9:18am On Aug 07, 2022
Emefiele's failure surprised me
Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by Bluntguy: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2022
Even Kingsley Muoghalu said the same. Every person of integrity who works for Buhari ends up corrupt. What an irony!
Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 9:32am On Aug 07, 2022
Dr Goodluck Ebbele Jonathan gave him enabling environment to work and prosper even when he was rebellious, same rebellion Ganduje couldn't tolerate and shown him the nearest exit door.
He should not forget that.
Nothing is working under this government.
Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by highchief1: 9:42am On Aug 07, 2022
kingsways:
Emefiele's failure surprised me
it shouldn’t bro.look at his face again u will cluelessness and stupity.He’s from my place mind u but I no Dey support goat �
Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by SmartPolician: 9:46am On Aug 07, 2022
Sanusi should stop talking, please. A CBN governor appears to be doing well when you have a favourable balance of trade and makes a lot of foreign currency (USD in this instance). That was the case in his time.

The most significant thing Sanusi did was that he regularised all account numbers of various banks to ten digits.

As CBN governor, he kept releasing controversial statements until Jonathan suspended him. Wasn't it this man who wanted to print 5k note? He was busy sharing money in Kano. undecided As for Goodwin Emefiele, that one is as clueless as his boss, Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by inoki247: 9:50am On Aug 07, 2022
if u want to study Failure in life Study Buhari and Emiefele that 2 combo will give u A in failure....
Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by PraizHim: 9:52am On Aug 07, 2022
APC is the defination of Evil.

APC doesn't deserve to smell presidency again
The most wicked and satanic government ever seen.
APC is Evil
With the combination of the most incompetent Nigerian President and CBN governor ever.

Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by aribisala0(m): 9:59am On Aug 07, 2022
Totilopussylick:
I am still mad at Gandollar for sacking Sanusi unjustifiably as the emir of kano state tongue
Was Sanusi the Emir of Kano state?
Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by alanto: 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2022
Dem no give us important appointment, dem no give us important appointment see as una doñ run our cbn. Person wey supposed de him 4X4 shop dey sell biscuits Buhari put for cbn. Must HE Buhari bow to pressure?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by princepeter566: 1:25pm On Aug 07, 2022
Birds of same feathers they are.
None of them is good
Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by Globad(f): 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2022
SmartPolician:
Sanusi should stop talking, please. A CBN governor appears to be doing well when you have a favourable balance of trade and makes a lot of foreign currency (USD in this instance). That was the case in his time.

The most significant thing Sanusi did was that he regularised all account numbers of various banks to ten digits.

As CBN governor, he kept releasing controversial statements until Jonathan suspended him. Wasn't it this man who wanted to print 5k note? He was busy sharing money in Kano. undecided

As for Goodwin Emefiele, that one is as clueless as his boss, Buhari. I thought that the CBN would even get companies to invest in oil and gas industry so we can harness our natural gas reserves and earn more revenue from natural gas export.

CBN should get companies to invest in oil and gas?

Eh? shocked
Re: Sanusi Takes A Swipe At 'incompetent' Nigerian Central Bank Governor, Emefiele by skywalker240(m): 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2022
Emeifele is a disaster

So is that mannequin

But meanwhile

The Alagbado Of Agbado

The Arc Bishop cardinal Agbadoola Cassavani of iragbiji diocese

The Druggie froggie Escobar of burdillion

The bullion de no-Van of Lagos State Money

May your Nyansh continue to produce abundant watery shit grin

May your hands keep shaking away from position

May your waist and back keep bending as you smash your haters

May your shit smell till infinity grin

As you embark on the leadership of NigerNyansh grin

Copied from Facebook

Before Agbadorians and vampire BATS decend on my mentions grin

(1) (Reply)

Europe Will Be Left Behind If Trump Win / APC Chieftain Fails To Understand The Meaning Of "Buoyed" On Live TV (Video) / Femi Kuti Says Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Shrine Over His Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.