Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) (627 Views)

Fashions Trends And Styles / Noble Igwe, Mai Atafo And Other Top Fashions Models spotted At ABA FASHION WEEK / New Session At Classique J Fashions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Chijeep(m): 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2022
1. Use of bandanas especially by guys
2. Placing handkerchief in the back pocket and displaying part of it.
3. Use of face cap. Back then almost 60% of people use face caps but it seems to have been reduced to lesser than 15%.
4. Wearing of big suits. Only God knows how many trouser length have been wasted in the cause of this.

ADD YOURS, LET SHARE...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by rusher14: 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2022
Akpola.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by NotBeenPaid: 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2022

1 Like

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Jeon(f): 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2022
Number 1 and wearing of baggy styles will never fade from my side.

3 Likes

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Ishilove: 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2022
rusher14:
Akpola.
I haven't heard this word in YEARS cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by JASONjnr(m): 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2022
What about jean sagging and Jean chain from the front pocket to the back pocket?

Wearing of singlet was really a fashion back then......

Missed being a youth and being able to trend with the latest fashion styles.....

Even as a shy dude.... I had my pinky lips and would often lie to some guys who asked me how I got it that I licked pinky kitten and it gave me the pinky lips....

2 Likes

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Ishilove: 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2022
Scarf tops and bootcuts were all the rage back then. Some of us were too well endowed to wear scarf tops though grin

5 Likes

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2022
Ishilove:
Scarf tops and bootcuts were all the rage back then. Some of us were too well endowed to wear scarf tops though grin

So scarf tops used to be a thing? I thought it's a new trend.

Bandanas and scarfs are still a thing, but not that widespread, yeah. Durags have also come into the picture. And baggy clothes have also remained. Show-me-your-back has been modernised into different ashewo gowns and styles.

And the bolded, message gotten. grin

AfroKnight, how many of these styles did you rock? I am very sure you must have used it to break a lot of girls' hearts. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Namdeenero(m): 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2022
Bootcut jeans and trousers for men grin

3 Likes

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Omoluabi16(m): 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2022
I know there use to be 'apoche' .. then the old school baggy that comes every 30years. Then half cap and head band.
That time wey Rihanna just come out, the take a bow hairstyle was everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Ishilove: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Bandanas and scarfs are still a thing, but not that widespread, yeah. Durags have also come into the picture. And baggy clothes have also remained. Show-me-your-back has been modernised into different ashewo gowns and styles.

And the bolded, message gotten.
Scarf tops were the rage in the 90s and early 2000s and I'm guessing it is making a comeback. Fashion never really dies. It is recycled and undergoes modifications

3 Likes

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by GloriousGbola: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2022
Magnoliaa:

AfroKnight, how many of these styles did you rock? I am very sure you must have used it to break a lot of girls' hearts. cheesy

hmm. i had jeans baggier than this. those are NOT coming back any time soon

1 Like

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2022
GloriousGbola:
hmm. i had jeans baggier than this. those are NOT coming back any time soon

grin grin grin Wow. Are the jeans agbada-sized then? I can't imagine how that would look like.

1 Like

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by AfroKnight: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Afro Knight, how many of these styles did you rock? I am very sure you must have used it to break a lot of girls' hearts. cheesy
grin
Ah! I be semi-pastor that year.

But later on, towards the end of secondary school I still rock fubu, Sean John and phat farm t-shirts and baggy jeans with soft nubuck loafers. We go wear short sleeve t-shirt ontop long sleeve inner shirt. Inside Lagos sun! My mama laff me tire that year. And chain watch with chronograph. The watch go don almost fall for hand but we go spread finger small make e no fall. grin

Ah dem break my heart that year. No be small breakfast I chop. You have reminded of that wicked gyal o cry grin grin

I still wear caps till today. But no sunglasses anymore.

2 Likes

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by AfroKnight: 7:43pm On Aug 07, 2022
Ishilove:

Ah! this thing cause small commotion for area . grin scarf top with girl whining to “turn me on” and “tempted to touch”

grin I don dey take my spiritual life serious that year, temptation left and right. grin Na God deliver me.

3 Likes

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by lilvicky68(m): 8:02pm On Aug 07, 2022
People still wear big suits/coats..
Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 8:03pm On Aug 07, 2022
AfroKnight:

grin
Ah! I be semi-pastor that year.

But later on, towards the end of secondary school I still rock fubu, Sean John and phat farm t-shirts and baggy jeans with soft nubuck loafers. We go wear short sleeve t-shirt ontop long sleeve inner shirt. Inside Lagos sun! My mama laff me tire that year. And chain watch with chronograph. The watch go don almost fall for hand but we go spread finger small make e no fall. grin

Ah dem break my heart that year. No be small breakfast I chop. You have reminded of that wicked gyal o cry grin grin

I still wear caps till today. But no sunglasses anymore.

grin grin grin Tg, this bolded is the only picture I got in all you've described.

Ah! So woman been break your heart? Hard man like you? Ewee.

1 Like

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by AfroKnight: 8:08pm On Aug 07, 2022
Magnoliaa:

grin grin grin Tg, this bolded is the only picture I got in all you've described.

Ah! So woman been break your heart? Hard man like you? Ewee.

grin I was a romantic guy in those days. Until I turn to hoodlum. Na woman teach me wickedness.

So you mean you no remember those days of baggy jeans with big t-shirts? We will wear caps at angle like Ja Rule. I actually tried sagging for a few hours but it was too uncomfortable grin so I stopped that nonsense

2 Likes

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 8:11pm On Aug 07, 2022
AfroKnight:
grin I was a romantic guy in those days. Until I turn to hoodlum. Na woman teach me wickedness.

So you mean you no remember those days of baggy jeans with big t-shirts? We will wear caps at angle like jah rule. I actually tried sagging for a few hours but it was too uncomfortable grin so I stopped that nonsense

Mba. It was my brothers I grew up seeing in them. grin grin And mostly from pictures. Not my era. I remember the angle style cap. But I listened to some of those songs that time... you know a music live long after the period it was sang in.

I remember some style of taking pics in studios too. With chairs. Now it has upgraded to photoshoots.

2 Likes

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by AfroKnight: 8:16pm On Aug 07, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Mba. It was my brothers I grew up seeing in them. grin grin And mostly from pictures. Not my era. I remember the angle style cap. But I listened to some of those songs that time... you know a music live long after the period it was sang in.

I remember some style of taking pics in studios too. With chairs. Now it has upgraded to photoshoots.

Now you’re making me feel old cry

I wish I broke many hearts then instead of later. Girls were more forgiving then instead of these ones who will be cursing someone because of small breakfast.
Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2022
AfroKnight:
Now you’re making me feel old cry

I wish I broke many hearts then instead of later. Girls were more forgiving then instead of these ones who will be cursing someone because of small breakfast.

cheesy Things have changed now na. Aye ti laju. And a lot of them back then rated men so highly and believed in polygamy, sharing their man, cheating is in men's nature and all of that.

But now lasan, wo, ma lo gbe iyen wa o.

1 Like

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by AfroKnight: 9:09pm On Aug 07, 2022
Magnoliaa:

cheesy Things have changed now na. Aye ti laju. And a lot of them back then rated men so highly and believed in polygamy, sharing their man, cheating is in men's nature and all of that.

But now lasan, wo, ma lo gbe iyen wa o.

There’s love in sharing. Only one babe cannot enjoy a man. Share to a avoid over-enjoyment grin

1 Like

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2022
AfroKnight:
There’s love in sharing. Only one babe cannot enjoy a man. Share to a avoid over-enjoyment grin

Taaar! grin

1 Like

Re: See The Most Celebrated Fashions That have Faded Away(pictures) by Chijeep(m): 9:50pm On Aug 07, 2022
AfroKnight:

I no support cry

(1) (Reply)

Branding Of T-shirt With Very Sharp And Clean Customizing / Where To Buy Watch / For Budding Enterprenuers Within The Fashion And Beauty Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.