Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

2023; Is It Wrong For Igbos To Have Taken The Advice Of Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023; Is It Wrong For Igbos To Have Taken The Advice Of Nigerians? (244 Views)

Aisha Buhari: Bad People Have Taken Over The Country From Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023; Is It Wrong For Igbos To Have Taken The Advice Of Nigerians? by ogashman(m): 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2022
Right from the onset of the political upheaval in Nigeria, people have insinuated that the Igbos have had a hard time winning the most Curvetted political seat in the country, which is the seat of the president, because they re perceived not be united and that they don't know how to play national politics.

It has been consistently bandied around for ages that the above listed factors have been the greatest undoing stopping their journey to aso rock, and that's the reason they have been hitting a brick wall on their every attempt.

However, looking at the present political situation in Nigeria today, igbos haven taken the admonitions and advices of Nigerians to heart have decided to unite and engage in national politics by bringing out and supporting one credible candidate who have the interest of all Nigerians at heart. A candidate, that is on clean bill of health more than the others.

After all is said and done, I'm bewildered that some people who have been part of those that have posited before that Igbos don’t know how to play national politics, and who have benefited from Igbos politically by virtue of their political support right from the time of the late Abiola and Obansanjo, are the same people against the current Igbo candidate for the 2023 elections. For reasons we don't know.

These are the same people saying Igbos re supporting their candidate because of tribe and religious affiliations. I begin to wonder, when Igbos supported Abiola, Obasanjo, et all, was it because of tribe or religion?

Is it that a people who have given enormous support to other candidates from a different tribe and religion while sacrificing their own collective interests, do not deserve a pay back in good measure?
Are they trying to say that a people who are part of the major tribes in Nigeria and who have been badly marginalised economically, infrastructurally and politically do not merit to contest and win the presidential seat?

As we gradually move into the electioneering season, we need to come to terms with the fact that every stakeholder in the Nigeria project needs to be carried along irrespective of your tribal or religious belonging. The Hausa man is as important as the Igbo and Yoruba man the same way a Yoruba is as important as the Hausa and Igbo man.
In conclusion, people should really throw away this mentality that “an Igbo man can never rule Nigeria “ as if Igbos are not part of Nigeria.

I come in peace!
Re: 2023; Is It Wrong For Igbos To Have Taken The Advice Of Nigerians? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2022
Well peace is not an option here, when u create a tribal thread , u should be ready for the gbas gbos...
I dey come

1 Like

Re: 2023; Is It Wrong For Igbos To Have Taken The Advice Of Nigerians? by ElSudani: 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2022
My friend, where is IPOB? Are they now suddenly patriotic Nigerians? No, they rebranded to obidients.
A vote for Peter obi is a vote for IPOB.
Re: 2023; Is It Wrong For Igbos To Have Taken The Advice Of Nigerians? by jrusky(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2022
ogashman:
Right from the onset of the political upheaval in Nigeria, people have insinuated that the Igbos have had a hard time winning the most Curvetted political seat in the country, which is the seat of the president, because they re perceived not be united and that they don't know how to play national politics.

It has been consistently bandied around for ages that the above listed factors have been the greatest undoing stopping their journey to aso rock, and that's the reason they have been hitting a brick wall on their every attempt.

However, looking at the present political situation in Nigeria today, igbos haven taken the admonitions and advices of Nigerians to heart have decided to unite and engage in national politics by bringing out and supporting one credible candidate who have the interest of all Nigerians at heart. A candidate, that is on clean bill of health more than the others.

After all is said and done, I'm bewildered that some people who have been part of those that have posited before that Igbos don’t know how to play national politics, and who have benefited from Igbos politically by virtue of their political support right from the time of the late Abiola and Obansanjo, are the same people against the current Igbo candidate for the 2023 elections. For reasons we don't know.

These are the same people saying Igbos re supporting their candidate because of tribe and religious affiliations. I begin to wonder, when Igbos supported Abiola, Obasanjo, et all, was it because of tribe or religion?

Is it that a people who have given enormous support to other candidates from a different tribe and religion while sacrificing their own collective interests, do not deserve a pay back in good measure?
Are they trying to say that a people who are part of the major tribes in Nigeria and who have been badly marginalised economically, infrastructurally and politically do not merit to contest and win the presidential seat?

As we gradually move into the electioneering season, we need to come to terms with the fact that every stakeholder in the Nigeria project needs to be carried along irrespective of your tribal or religious belonging. The Hausa man is as important as the Igbo and Yoruba man the same way a Yoruba is as important as the Hausa and Igbo man.
In conclusion, people should really throw away this mentality that “an Igbo man can never rule Nigeria “ as if Igbos are not part of Nigeria.

I come in peace!

Thrash!!!

You did not come in peace for being myopical and bias. Point of correction never you generalised your opinion on others and stop marketing a dead product called Obi. Obi is not SE project and he is never Nigerian project.

Never you say Nigerians are for Obi, which Nigerians from which region? Be guided plsss.

I don't care health or no health listen and listen good buhari failure was not because of his health even when he was a millitary head of state with younger age and sound mind he was a failure so to hell with health shit as reason to support a separist sympathiser called obi same way buhri did in 2013-14 with Boko haram that put us in these mess.

I repeat stop saying Nigerians are behind obi just stop it, I'm not for him, my entire family are not for him, my party pdp are not for him and I'm sure apc are not for him, apga, nnpp are not for him so be guided.

Mind you stop speaking for Nigerisns speak for yourself. Obi will not win a single state in SW and the North so na u come know which Nigeria dey behind him.

1 Like

Re: 2023; Is It Wrong For Igbos To Have Taken The Advice Of Nigerians? by obiekunie01: 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2022
ElSudani:
My friend, where is IPOB? Are they now suddenly patriotic Nigerians? No, they rebranded to obidients.

This guy ipob dey really give you stomach ulcer! grin cheesy
Re: 2023; Is It Wrong For Igbos To Have Taken The Advice Of Nigerians? by obyrich(m): 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2022
ElSudani:
Where is Sunday Igboho and Oduduwa? Where is Asari Dokubo and MEND?
Re: 2023; Is It Wrong For Igbos To Have Taken The Advice Of Nigerians? by DSC7: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2022
Peter Obi giving them sleepless nights cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

The Obidient Movement Is Working For Atiku They Are Family- Reno Omokri [video] / Cyclist Put Yet To Be Commissioned Flyover In Port Harcourt Under Use. / No Federal Quota System Breeds Success....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.