Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:49 AM

If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! (6149 Views)

Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship / Dual Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by shango(m): 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2007
I mean I am seeing a few threads in here talking about Nigerians in Diaspora and how they bad mouth Nigeria. And it is sad because most Naija people in Diaspora have actually become British or American citizens. Such an act should automatically disqualify you for even criticizing your home country. Its one thing to work and live in another country but once you take up citizenship there you should not even be considered a Nigerian anymore. When Italians and Polish and Greeks moved en masse to the USA in the early 19th century once they became citizens they became AMERICANS. An Italian American is an American of Italian Descent. He is no longer an ITALIAN. You do not see Italians making comments about Italians in Italy or Italy. Why? Because they have adopted a new country so their focus is and should be on their newly adopted country.

Its one thing to have been forced out of Africa through slavery for example or warfare or conflict and you are looking to reconnect with your motherland. But to voluntarily leave and take up citizenship elsewhere then start talking about your abandoned homeland with disdain and criticism from the shores of another country while contributing nothing is borderline insanity.

So Africans in diaspora with foreign citizenship. FOCUS ON YOUR ADOPTED COUNTRY AND BE THE BEST CITIZEN OF YOUR NEW COUNTRY YOU CAN BE
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by Mamajama(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2007
shango your argument is baseless and shallow as a deep sea. did you graduate from college? are you familiar with immigration law? do you know what DUAL CITIZENSHIP means? don't just wake up after drinking OGOGORO and start yabis.
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by Afam(m): 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2007
Mamajama:

shango your argument is baseless and shallow as a deep sea.

I don see wetin I go add for my growing list of nairaland brand of words and phrases
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by BABEELOVE(f): 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2007
Mamajama:

shango your argument is baseless and shallow as a deep sea. did you graduate from college? are you familiar with immigration law? do you know what DUAL CITIZENSHIP means? don't just wake up after drinking OGOGORO and start yabis.

saving my own copy to avoid editing realities!!!!

Afam:

I don see wetin I go add for my growing list of nairaland brand of words and phrases

grin grin grin grin grin  LOL----------crashing out the window!!!!

Chei!!!!  You never start!!!

@topic

Please is there a citizen's  "exchange" programme currently available to swap passports Or some de-naturalization process currently operational in Nigeria
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by PTH(m): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2007
Some people need to study a few pages of immigration law before exhibiting their ignorance here.
I wont be surprised if they reply with insults.
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by Iman3(m): 10:57pm On Aug 15, 2007
Its like Nairaland has become a den of unbridled stupidity.Maybe the National Association of Imbeccilic Nigerians conducted a meeting and decided to storm this forum and start idiotic threads.

I am now missing Afam's "from my mailbox" threads
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by PTH(m): 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2007
are you surprised? we have been submerged by members of the "i love Nigeria" brigade of hypocrites.
Their moto seems to be - defending the indefensible.
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by PawPaw3(m): 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2007
Shango is right. If you don't like us go back to shit carrying duties. We've had enough, there's a revolution going on here. I have only one country, and its called Nigeria. If you don't like us, take a hike. Bye and god riddance. Enogh of American based half Nigerians taken over a Nigerian site. Na who born monkey.
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by debosky(m): 11:10pm On Aug 15, 2007
the NAIN protem-chairman has joined the thread. grin grin

I hope Onitsha based Nigerians are allowed sha? undecided
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by PTH(m): 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2007
Paw-Paw:

Shango is right. If you don't like us go back to shit carrying duties. We've had enough, there's a revolution going on here. I have only one country, and its called Nigeria. If you don't like us, take a hike. Bye and god riddance. Enogh of American based half Nigerians taken over a Nigerian site. Na who born monkey.

You have only one country and so do the Ghanains, Russians, Americans, Italians, Greeks, Jews e.t.c. so you have really said nothing new.
If you love your country so, i expect you to be at the NEPA substation trying to help them get electricity supply back to at least the standard of wartorn Baghdad not using generators to come and insult us here.

[size=18pt]Please beware: shit packing in progress.[/size]
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by BABEELOVE(f): 11:16pm On Aug 15, 2007
debosky:

the NAIN protem-chairman has joined the thread. grin grin

I hope Onitsha based Nigerians are allowed sha? undecided

I-man:

Its like Nairaland has become a den of unbridled stupidity.Maybe the National Association of Imbeccilic Nigerians conducted a meeting and decided to storm this forum and start idiotic threads.

I am now missing Afam's "from my mailbox" threads

This one pass me oh!!! Kai!!!

Watching from the side lines---------------na blood wan flow for here so
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by simplyme3(f): 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2007
@PTH - I hail u o.

All those diasporic ghetto living black a rsed small dicked nincompoops who thinks nothing good can exuberate from the Nigerian entity, they come here and vituperate ignoble vocal kneoptism in the name Nigeria, they cast gigiantic aspersions on mother land Nigeria, they concur within their minds that Nigeria is doomed for apocalyptical destruction, they reveal what they wish to bombard the country with - but we know better - we shall remain patriotic against all those diasporic nincompoops - they are jittery because they know Nigeria is getting better to those days - days of yore when it is the never do wells who make their way to America or Europe - days of youre where it is not a big deal to travel out of Nigeria - they are afraid that they will not have any mouth when they come home when Nigeria becomes great.

They are hegemonically rejected, by their colour, they are nothing where they are, they are referred to as black niggers and affrodeisic cocoons - they find no place there and find no place here - this is why they write anything against the country - we know them and we shall mow them down one by one.

We have spoken.
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by BABEELOVE(f): 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2007
PTH:

You have only one country and so do the Ghanains, Russians, Americans, Italians, Greeks, Jews e.t.c. so you have really said nothing new.
If you love your country so, i expect you to be at the NEPA substation trying to help them get electricity supply back to at least the standard of wartorn Baghdad not using generators to come and insult us here.

[size=18pt]Please beware: shit packing in progress.[/size]

Setting up a western union or moneygram booth at the sideline!!!

I say e don happen!!!!! grin
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by BABEELOVE(f): 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2007
The cambodians are here!!! tongue

Setting up a shit swallowing booth at the sideline!!! wink
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by naijaway(m): 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2007
I don't think is right for anyone to loose their Nigerian citizenship.
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by Iman3(m): 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2007
simply_me:

All those diasporic ghetto living black a rsed small dicked nincompoops who thinks nothing good can exuberate from the Nigerian entity, they come here and vituperate ignoble vocal kneoptism in the name Nigeria, they cast gigiantic aspersions on mother land Nigeria, they concur within their minds that Nigeria is doomed for apocalyptical destruction, they reveal what they wish to bombard the country with - but we know better - we shall remain patriotic against all those diasporic nincompoops - they are jittery because they know Nigeria is getting better to those days - days of yore when it is the never do wells who make their way to America or Europe - days of youre where it is not a big deal to travel out of Nigeria - they are afraid that they will not have any mouth when they come home when Nigeria becomes great.

They are hegemonically rejected, by their colour, they are nothing where they are, they are referred to as black niggers and affrodeisic cocoons - they find no place there and find no place here - this is why they write anything against the country - we know them and we shall mow them down one by one.

We have spoken.

This is becoming surreal.Its like zombies have been let loose on this forum.
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by BABEELOVE(f): 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2007
naijaway:

I don't think is right for anyone to loose their Nigerian citizenship.

Thank you my brother---please welcome.  Here is your registration package! kiss  Have a swell time!
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by PTH(m): 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2007
simply_me:

@PTH - I hail u o.

We have spoken.

General secretary of NAIN. welcome madam.  grin
- where are the rest of the "i love nigeria" brigade?
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by BABEELOVE(f): 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2007
I-man:

This is becoming surreal.Its like zombies have been let loose on this forum.

good or bad zombies  reaching for my bible and cross!

PTH:

General secretary of NAIN. welcome madam.  grin

The plot thickens!!!

This is going to be a helluva wild night for insomniacs!!!
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by lovemajek(f): 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2007
@ the poster Yes because pple like you says bad thing about Nigeria, you go need visa after 2008 to enter Nigeria, Omo buruku to fi owo osi ju we ile baba e.
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by BABEELOVE(f): 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2007
his_grace:

@Simply_Me

Excuse me - did u just write all that? I bow o.

Looks like someone has swallowed a lot of shit and is forced to vomit it!
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by aloib(f): 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2007
well in philippines, dual citizenship isnt allowed. once u r a citizen of another country, then u are no more a filipino citizen,
but naija allows cual citizenship so

shango:
[s]I mean I am seeing a few threads in here talking about Nigerians in Diaspora and how they bad mouth Nigeria. And it is sad because most Naija people in Diaspora have actually become British or American citizens. Such an act should automatically disqualify you for even criticizing your home country. Its one thing to work and live in another country but once you take up citizenship there you should not even be considered a Nigerian anymore. When Italians and Polish and Greeks moved en masse to the USA in the early 19th century once they became citizens they became AMERICANS. An Italian American is an American of Italian Descent. He is no longer an ITALIAN. You do not see Italians making comments about Italians in Italy or Italy. Why? Because they have adopted a new country so their focus is and should be on their newly adopted country.

Its one thing to have been forced out of Africa through slavery for example or warfare or conflict and you are looking to reconnect with your motherland. But to voluntarily leave and take up citizenship elsewhere then start talking about your abandoned homeland with disdain and criticism from the shores of another country while contributing nothing is borderline insanity.

So Africans in diaspora with foreign citizenship. FOCUS ON YOUR ADOPTED COUNTRY AND BE THE BEST CITIZEN OF YOUR NEW COUNTRY YOU CAN BE
[/s]

Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by lovemajek(f): 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2007
Pls, both of you should grow up.
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by BABEELOVE(f): 11:41pm On Aug 15, 2007
his_grace:

@Babeelove

Are u mad or something?

Sometimes---but I was only commenting on Simpy_me's post since you were praising the "cambodian"!!! Wasn't talking to you!

I beg a no fit fight this night oh! angry
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by nguage(m): 11:45pm On Aug 15, 2007
simply_me:

@PTH - I hail u o.

We have spoken.
I'll eat my head if this is not the funniest shit on nairaland.
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by BABEELOVE(f): 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2007
n-guage:

I'll eat my head if this is not the funniest shit on nairaland.

I say the "cambodian' sure swallowed a lot of it and is puking all over the place!!! Some one please call a nairaland "paramedic"!!!! tongue
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by PTH(m): 11:49pm On Aug 15, 2007
@PTH - I hail u o.

All those diasporic ghetto living black a rsed small dicked nincompoops who thinks nothing good can exuberate from the Nigerian entity

wrong usage. Please check the meaning of exuberate before attempting to use it.

they come here and vituperate ignoble vocal kneoptism in the name Nigeria,
kneoptism does not exist, do not hoodwink the people.

They are hegemonically rejected, by their colour, they are nothing where they are, they are referred to as black niggers and affrodeisic cocoons
affrodeisic does not exist, again do not decieve the people with manufactured words.

We have spoken.
we know you have spoken, the main question is what really have you spoken?
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by aloib(f): 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2007
shes tryn to be funny but honestly her posts r irritating,
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by doyin13(m): 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2007
Abeg

My ''Nigerian nigerians''.

I repent. I don tire to dey pack shit. I no mind white man shit, but as Naija jus dey full here so, dey empty nkwobi and bokoto shit, the job no make sense again.

I don tire

I don tire

I dey go back to my village
I dey go plant paw paw (no pun intended)
I dey go plant cassava
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by ell77(f): 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2007
Just thought I'd post the several meanings of citizen here:

1. a native or naturalized member of a state or nation who owes allegiance to its government and is entitled to its protection (distinguished from alien).  
2. an inhabitant of a city or town, esp. one entitled to its privileges or franchises.  
3. an inhabitant, or denizen: The deer is a citizen of our woods.  
4. a civilian, as distinguished from a soldier, police officer, etc.  

As for me I have dual citizenship as I was born in London (not my fault, don't think I shoudl apologise) but I am Nigerian. I am a citizen of UK because I live here and I am a citizen of Nigeria because I have allegiance to Nigeria.

Why don't you want me to love my country? I can't change things? I am even planning to come back. Or should I stay here? How does that make things better? By the way, I never criticise Nigeria, only the president- and only to fellow Nigerians, same way I do Bush and Blair, atleast my relatives are still there sufferig because of them. So tell me in my own case, what should I do? No longer claim to be a Nigerian?
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by doyin13(m): 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2007
Ol bob

ell 77 you get time o

You sound like u actually care

unbelievable
Re: If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian! by lovemajek(f): 12:00am On Aug 16, 2007
ell77:

Just thought I'd post the several meanings of citizen here:

1. a native or naturalized member of a state or nation who owes allegiance to its government and is entitled to its protection (distinguished from alien).
2. an inhabitant of a city or town, esp. one entitled to its privileges or franchises.
3. an inhabitant, or denizen: The deer is a citizen of our woods.
4. a civilian, as distinguished from a soldier, police officer, etc.

As for me I have dual citizenship as I was born in London (not my fault, don't think I shoudl apologise) but I am Nigerian. I am a citizen of UK because I live here and I am a citizen of Nigeria because I have allegiance to Nigeria.

Why don't you want me to love my country? I can't change things? I am even planning to come back. Or should I stay here? How does that make things better? By the way, I never criticise Nigeria, only the president- and only to fellow Nigerians, same way I do Bush and Blair, atleast my relatives are still there sufferig because of them. So tell me in my own case, what should I do? No longer claim to be a Nigerian?

come back home to your motherland, and help build it together.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Application Has Been Forwarded To British High Commission. / Lakes Or Manmade Lakes In Nigeria / Before Coming To Ireland Part 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.