Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,050 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack (23360 Views)

7.5 Earthquake Hits Mexico’s Pacific Coast On Anniversary Of Previous Quakes(Pix / Bomb Attack In Kabul Injures Amrullah Saleh, Afghanista Vice President, Kills 10 / Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by jimetagambo: 7:24pm On Aug 10, 2022
tishbite42:

Stop supporting evil
Would they have done that to a Caucasian nation?!

AlphaTaikun:

@Originalsly,
Germany had her own share of the horrendous fire-bombings of the cities of Dresden and Hamburg in 1945 by the Allied Air forces led by the RAF.

Japan was definitely hit with the atomic bombs on August 6 and 9, 1945 because their military heirachy was proving very stubborn [they permitted the use of kamikazes or the use suicide plane crashes in warfare] and didn't want to surrender... last but not least, the Japanese are of a different ethnic stock from Asia and not of European descent.

It finally took up to August 15th, 1945 for the Japanese leadership led by Emperor Hirohito to surrender so as to prevent any further plan to bomb Tokyo which is the seat of the Emperor and his family. There was even a coup by some radical Japanese troops [which was foiled] to stop Japan from surrendering. Some of the Japanese military commanders commited suicide according to Japanese traditions as well to avoid surrendering.

These are just my thoughts from reading these facts of history for decades now.

Originalsly:

I hear you .... the last but not least is the real reason... the Japaneze are not of European descent ....the reason to nuke Japan and not Germany.
Only White Iives matter. We can even look at the present ... Ukrainians fleeing the war zone ... why are they not treated like any other refugees?... not sent to camps....but homes. Again.... I hear you.

You are not all wrong. Japan made it easy for the Caucasians/allied forces to use nukes on them by being unnecessarily stubborn. Some rogue soldiers even tried to kill their emperor after he called for peace. They wanted to continue fighting. the US lost a lot of soldiers trying to retake an island (Iwo Jima) of the coast of Japan, now imagine how the Japanese would have defended their mainland.

The allied forces will probably not drop a Nuke on a Caucasian country. Author Harris (Airforce Commander) was disgraced in Britain for being responsible for bombing a lot of German cities because of the high loss of civilian lives. He had to flee to South Africa at some point. The Germans themselves only see Japs as honourary cuacasians just so they could keep fighting their common enemies together.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by AlphaTaikun: 8:00pm On Aug 10, 2022
jimetagambo:

You are not all wrong. Japan made it easy for the Caucasians/allied forces to use nukes on them by being unnecessarily stubborn. Some rogue soldiers even tried to kill their emperor after he called for peace. They wanted to continue fighting. the US lost a lot of soldiers trying to retake an island (Iwo Jima) of the coast of Japan, now imagine how the Japanese would have defended their mainland.

The allied forces will probably not drop a Nuke on a Caucasian country. Author Harris (Airforce Commander) was disgraced in Britain for being responsible for bombing a lot of German cities because of the high loss of civilian lives. He had to flee to South Africa at some point. The Germans themselves only see Japs as honourary cuacasians just so they could keep fighting their common enemies together.
Well said @jimetagambo,

The British RAF Commander, Arthur Harris is viewed by some historians as a villian (alongside Hitler, Stalin, and Mao Zedong) for initiating the horrendous carpet-bombings of several German cities (Dresden was very vicious with firestorms that killed many in what has been termed a war crime) in response to the earlier German air raids on
London and other British cities.

Wars are really brutal!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by Bentizil: 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Well said @jimetagambo,

The British RAF Commander, Arthur Harris is viewed by some historians as a villian (alongside Hitler, Stalin, and Mao Zedong) for initiating the horrendous carpet-bombings of several German cities (Dresden was very vicious with firestorms that killed many in what has been termed a war crime) in response to the earlier German air raids on
London and other British cities.

Wars are really brutal!
Villain to the West, not everybody buy that shit..
Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by Bentizil: 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2022
jimetagambo:

Hey! Stop justifying what's unjustifiable, the US bombing of the civilian population of Hiroshima and Nagasaki is unnecessary and a war crime...

You guys are hypocrite and would have demonize, drag the Soviet assuming it was them that did it...

No amount of situation will justify the nuking and killing of over 200k civilian population in Hiroshima and Nagasaki... It's a war crime and should be term so..

It was totally unnecessary and more of a testing of new weapon on the civilian population of these cities....
Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by Bentizil: 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

What are you GOING on about here dude?

The problem with some of you is that you rush to post, abuse others, and don't read to UNDERSTAND!

Can you learn to read properly and understand that I gave two perspectives to answer the guy's question.

I created this thread to oppose the use of nukes and create awareness about the atomic bombings of the 2 Japanese cities 77 years ago and you have the audacity to utter insults which potrayed you in BAD LIGHT here. I never said in ABSOLUTE TERMS that the atomic bombing was JUSTIFIED!

I've been a member of NL since 2005 with an older moniker and I find this relatively recent behavior of some of you rushing to post without digesting posts to be very UNWISE. NL wasn't like this back in the late 2000s when their was more focussed discussion on issues and many Diasporans frequented here.

You should stop trying to form saint now, you were busy justifying the bombing of civilian population of Hiroshima and Nagasaki...

No one cares about nairaland being this or that in 2005, you trying to justify the bombing doesn't speak well of you and says a lot about you lots... We are talking about 200k civilian damn..

Will you have said same thing assuming the Soviet did it

Hypocrite! That's what you are...

1 Like

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by Passionate888: 9:38pm On Aug 10, 2022
Bentizil:

It's better to keep quiet when you don't understand what I wrote than trying to form woke...

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by AlphaTaikun: 9:55pm On Aug 10, 2022
solasoulmusic:

According to your doctrine yes but as for mine peace is forever ni but come my side na peices
OK... That's cool 'Sola, to each his
own. You've got an intentional mindset like your military General grandfather. Lol.

You take care.

Ciao.wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by jimetagambo: 10:15pm On Aug 10, 2022
Bentizil:

Hey! Stop justifying what's unjustifiable, the US bombing of the civilian population of Hiroshima and Nagasaki is unnecessary and a war crime...

You guys are hypocrite and would have demonize, drag the Soviet assuming it was them that did it...

No amount of situation will justify the nuking and killing of over 200k civilian population in Hiroshima and Nagasaki... It's a war crime and should be term so..

It was totally unnecessary and more of a testing of new weapon on the civilian population of these cities....
Okay. It is a war crime. Are you happy now. This will ensure you sleep well at night. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by panafrican(m): 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2022
mysticwarrior:
the rape of nanking was one of the worst atrocities committed against humanity no doubt about that. But At least Japanese were charged with war crimes and executed after the war.

Do you also know that during the occupation of Germany US, soviets and British soldiers raped about 190 thousand German women between the ages of 14 and 65 years. Young German boys trying to protect their mothers and sisters from being raped where shot and killed right in front of their mothers.

It should also be noted that an estimate of about 700 thousand German civilians were killed by US and soviet troops during the invasion of Germany? but US, British and soviet soldiers did not face charges of war crimes for this after the war, can I please ask why?

1. About 27 million Soviets were killed during the invasion of the Soviet Union by German troops.
2. The U.S. did not start WW2.

1 Like

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by AlphaTaikun: 10:36pm On Aug 10, 2022
tete7000:

Japan asked for war, they got it. In war, anything goes, laws and morality are suspended. The brutality with which Japan went with the war before they began to lose ground was unthinkable. Even when they were losing, method like kamikaze attacks highlights how ferocious and brutal those guys were. Japanese will never surrender but would rather fight to death even when it became clear they wouldn't win the war. Americans love life, they wanted to fight and go home, they wanted the war to end but they face a salvage enemy that must be conquered at all cost without further loss of lives already suffered at Saipan, Guidacanal, and many other Japanese islands. Atomic weapon to American at the time in question was just a weapon of choice. May the lives of those Japanese who died rest in peace.
Your post is deep...very well said.

Below is a Japanese air force plane taking off from a
Japanese aircraft carrier on the way to attack
Pearl Harbor in 1941... Frozen in time and space!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by AlphaTaikun: 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2022
panafrican:

1. About 27 million Soviets were killed during the invasion of the Soviet Union by German troops.
Are you sure about that figure?

The Bolshevik leadership were known propagandists who cooked up a lot of disinformation. They even encouraged their so-called
Red army to engage in mass rapes of German women when they invaded Berlin in 1945.

We know full well that close to 30 million Soviet citizens were isolated and eliminated in the Gulags or concentration camps by the Soviet communist leadership.

Read more in the international best seller book: "Gulag Archipelago."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by emmy512: 11:16pm On Aug 10, 2022
Bentizil:

I hope you say this when it involve another country...
I still maintain that US bombing of the civilian population of Hiroshima and Nagasaki is more of a weappn testing and not necessary....

It's a war crime and should be term so...

what would you then classify pearl harbor as?

During negotiations they already had their plans active no declaration of war, took enemy by suprise. an enemy negotiating with you in goof fate.

Imagine US using attacking russia from nowhere and then expecting Ru to hit them back on agreed terms.

You cant even slap someone on the street and say pls dont punch me or break a leg, here is my face slap me back

1 Like

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by engrchykae(m): 4:40am On Aug 11, 2022
Ahmback:
Those are "colateral damage". Used to pressure the enemy to surrender.
when demons talk,this is one occasion
Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by engrchykae(m): 4:42am On Aug 11, 2022
mysticwarrior:
the bombing of pearl harbor was targetted at military personnel, while the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a deliberate act to slaughter unarmed civilians, women, children and even babies, its a perfect description of war crimes and crime against humanity.
war should be military to military.
Cowardice is military to civilians
The Japs had more honor than the Americans
Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by mysticwarrior(m): 7:21am On Aug 11, 2022
panafrican:

You didn't answer my question PANAFRICAN, below are some of the German generals who faced war crimes charges at The Nuremberg trials after ww2.

Martin Bormann – Guilty, sentenced in absentia to death by hanging. Later proven he committed suicide to avoid capture at the end of World War II .

Karl Dönitz – Guilty, sentenced to 10 years' imprisonment.
Hans Frank – Guilty, sentenced to death by hanging

Wilhelm Frick – Guilty, sentenced to death by hanging
Hans Fritzsche – Acquitted. Tried, convicted and sentenced to nine years' imprisonment by a separate West German denazification court. Released September 1950.

Walther Funk – Guilty, sentenced to life imprisonment, released in 1957 due to poor health.

Hermann Göring – Guilty, sentenced to death by hanging but committed suicide by ingesting cyanide 2 hours before the sentence was to be carried out.

Rudolf Hess – Guilty, sentenced to life imprisonment, committed suicide in prison in 1987.

Alfred Jodl – Guilty, sentenced to death by hanging. Henri Donnedieu de Vabres called the verdict a mistake in 1947. In 1953, the denazification courts reversed the decision and found Jodl not guilty.
Within months, the decision of its denazification court was itself overturned. His property, confiscated in 1946, was returned to his widow.

Ernst Kaltenbrunner – Guilty, sentenced to death by hanging.
Wilhelm Keitel – Guilty, sentenced to death by hanging.
Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach – Medically unfit for trial.
Robert Ley – Committed suicide before his trial began.
Konstantin von Neurath – Guilty, sentenced to 15 years' imprisonment (released 1954 on grounds of ill health).

Franz von Papen – Acquitted. Tried, convicted and sentenced to eight years' imprisonment by a separate West German denazification court. Released on appeal in 1949.

Erich Raeder – Guilty, sentenced to life imprisonment (released 1955 on grounds of ill health).

Joachim von Ribbentrop – Guilty, sentenced to death by hanging.
Alfred Rosenberg – Guilty, sentenced to death by hanging.

Fritz Sauckel – Guilty, sentenced to death by hanging.

Hjalmar Schacht – Acquitted

Baldur von Schirach – Guilty, sentenced to 20 years' imprisonment.

Arthur Seyss-Inquart – Guilty, sentenced to death by hanging.

Albert Speer – Guilty, sentenced to 20 years' imprisonment.
Julius Streicher – Guilty, sentenced to death by hanging.

No British, American and soviet generals ever faced war crimes charges at the Nuremberg trial and I ask again WHY?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by mysticwarrior(m): 7:26am On Aug 11, 2022
engrchykae:
war should be military to military.
Cowardice is military to civilians
The Japs had more honor than the Americans
you are a man of great wisdom, I don't know if you are a christian or Muslim but the God that you serve will continue to bless you with more wisdom.
Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by peacefull(f): 7:49am On Aug 11, 2022
Thank you so much for sharing.
I appreciate you!

But I want you to know that president Truman didn't tell to Japanese about it.
I had read about it many times.
President Truman informed Japanese to leave there before dropped bombs is not true.

2 Likes

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by Bentizil: 7:54am On Aug 11, 2022
emmy512:

what would you then classify pearl harbor as?

During negotiations they already had their plans active no declaration of war, took enemy by suprise. an enemy negotiating with you in goof fate.

Imagine US using attacking russia from nowhere and then expecting Ru to hit them back on agreed terms.

You cant even slap someone on the street and say pls dont punch me or break a leg, here is my face slap me back
You should calm down and understand my point
I'm not saying US shouldn't retaliate but nuking the civilian population of Hiroshima and Nagasaki with over 200k dead is a different ball game entirely...

Stop acting as if you don't understand my pov...
It's just like Russia nuking Ukraine now, it's a war crime and should be term so...
Heavy bombers weren't even rolled out in Ukraine yet you guys are shouting war crime...

Japanese cannot survive an attack by Soviet on one front and the allied on the other front...
Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by mysticwarrior(m): 8:05am On Aug 11, 2022
peacefull:
I appreciate you!

President Truman informed Japanese to leave there before dropped bombs is not true.

thanks for coming out to correct that misinformation, I can understand the pain you feel as a japanese woman about the atrocities that was done against your country and how it affected you and your people. Can you please tell us how the Japanese people still feel about that incident today?

1 Like

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by peacefull(f): 9:21am On Aug 11, 2022
mysticwarrior:
thanks for coming out to correct that misinformation, I can understand the pain you feel as a japanese woman about the atrocities that was done against your country and how it affected you and your people. Can you please tell us how the Japanese people still feel about that incident today?

Hello, mysticwarrior san!
Long long time! I hope you are good!

To be very honest with you, I really don't know how to explain.

You are a one of person who know about many many Japan side of history on this website.
I really appreciate you!

I believe that you know how lost war countries are don't have right to talk about their side of history.
Even true story, not fake or not lies, many peoples will not have ear for us especially who already believing propagandas too much.
I saw many propagandas with fake pictures about Japan on this website.
Some Japanese peoples saying Japan is not only lost war, But also lost propaganda war too.

So, if Japanese peoples tried to talk about how their feel, many peoples will start to blaming Japanese.
What Japan did, what Japanese did etc.
Japan and Japanese are really evil for some peoples.
Like we really don't have right to talk about our side of history.
Some peoples will not allow us to talk.

I always said and I will continue to say that I can't deny everything what Japan did, But I also can't allow everything what some peoples are saying.

Most of times I chose to just read.

And maybe because of my poor English skill, I maybe misunderstanding what I read.
And I can't really explain very well in English.
So, better for me to just reading to know what peoples are saying about Japan and war.

Why I can talk about war with you is because you know about history very well including Japan side of history.
You know about Japan and Japanese history more than me! smiley
You don't judge me or blame me if I talked about Japan side of talk.
Instead of blaming me, you always have ear for me and I really really appreciate you!

I still remember very well that I talked about war with you and grandstar san before.
I didn't need to afraid about talking about war history with both of you.
And I started to know and read more about my country and history since I talked with you and grandstar san!
I really really appreciate!!

2 Likes

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by AlphaTaikun: 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2022
peacefull:
I appreciate you!

Hello @Peacefull,
Thanks for stopping by as the most popular Japanese woman and citizen on Nairaland (NL).

I copied you on this thread that
I created to commemorate the 77th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and to raise the awareness on the need to ban all nuke developments and dismantle existing ones for the safety of mankind.

NOTE:
I'm the one who first posted on this thread that President Harry Truman of the U.S. told Japanese civilians to leave the city centers because of an imminent bombing by the USAF.

Go to page 1 of this thread and you will see the "short video" on the atomic bombing of Nagasaki. In that video you will hear Harry Truman in a speech telling the Japanese civilians to leave the cities because of the impending U.S.
bombings of Japan in August 1945.

Now because of language barriers, or deliberate censorship of critical information by the local authorities of Imperial Japan, I believe ordinary
Japanese citizens may not have known about this warning, but at the top diplomatic and military levels, the Japanese including
(Emperor Hirohito) knew but were still undecided on when to surrender till they finally did on
August 15, 1945... A full 6 days after the second atomic bomb was dropped on the city of Nagasaki.

I admire the Japanese for their innovations and ability to teach mankind about how possible it is to rise from the ashes of defeat into a highly developed, near-peaceful country in a very short timeframe after the 1945 defeat! The Germans (starting with the defunct West Germany) did the same by
promoting innovation and functional learning.

Shinzo Abe's recent translation and the global media coverage also proves how much Americans, Nigerians, and indeed the rest of the world love peacetime Japan.

As for the horrid wartime events in
Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Pearl Harbor, Dresden, Berlin, Nanking, etc, we will never forget, so that we can all learn to immerse ourselves in the
TRUE spirit of respect for others, innovation, and self-awareness

#Man know thyself

Stay safe. Ciao.

Cc: 1stGenAmerican, mysticwarrior, jimetagambo, naptu2, sukkot, originalsly

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by mysticwarrior(m): 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2022
peacefull:

Hello, mysticwarrior san!
Long long time! I hope you are good!

To be very honest with you, I really don't know how to explain.

You are a one of person who know about many many Japan side of history on this website.
I really appreciate you!

I believe that you know how lost war countries are don't have right to talk about their side of history.
Even true story, not fake or not lies, many peoples will not have ear for us especially who already believing propagandas too much.
I saw many propagandas with fake pictures about Japan on this website.
Some Japanese peoples saying Japan is not only lost war, But also lost propaganda war too.

So, if Japanese peoples tried to talk about how their feel, many peoples will start to blaming Japanese.
What Japan did, what Japanese did etc.
Japan and Japanese are really evil for some peoples.
Like we really don't have right to talk about our side of history.
Some peoples will not allow us to talk.

I always said and I will continue to say that I can't deny everything what Japan did, But I also can't allow everything what some peoples are saying.

Most of times I chose to just read.

And maybe because of my poor English skill, I maybe misunderstanding what I read.
And I can't really explain very well in English.
So, better for me to just reading to know what peoples are saying about Japan and war.

Why I can talk about war with you is because you know about history very well including Japan side of history.
You know about Japan and Japanese history more than me! smiley
You don't judge me or blame me if I talked about Japan side of talk.
Instead of blaming me, you always have ear for me and I really really appreciate you!

I still remember very well that I talked about war with you and grandstar san before.
I didn't need to afraid about talking about war history with both of you.
And I started to know and read more about my country and history since I talked with you and grandstar san!
I really really appreciate!!

I was heartbroken sensing the temper of emotions behind your write up. Its only ignorant people that will blame the entire japanese people and show no sympathy because of the action of Hideki Tojo and a few other Japanese.

I once watched a movie titled "Letters from Iwo jima" its a movie that depict the Japanese side of the story of the war that was fought on the Island of iwojima during the second world war. You can watch it on youtube.

I was deeply moved when I saw how Japanese soldiers defending the island demonstrated the spirit of "Bushido" like real samurais. But the most touching part of that movie was when some Japanese soldiers where beginning to loose courage, and the song of the children of Nogano was played.

That song was done in Japanese and the English translation was so emotional, and it lifted the moral of the soldiers. General Tedamich kuribayashi(kenWatanabe) and his soldiers fought very very hard, even when the were surrounded and about to be wiped out they refused to surrender and fought to the last man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by mysticwarrior(m): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Hello @Peacefull,
Thanks for stopping by as the most popular Japanese woman and citizen on Nairaland (NL).

I created to commemorate the 77th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and to raise the awareness on the need to ban all nuke developments and dismantle existing ones for the safety of mankind.

NOTE:
I'm the one who first posted on this thread that President Harry Truman of the U.S. told Japanese civilians to leave the city centers because of an imminent bombing by the USAF.

Go to page 1 of this thread and you will see the "short video" on the atomic bombing of Nagasaki. In that video you will hear Harry Truman in a speech telling the Japanese civilians to leave the cities because of the impending U.S.

Now because of language barriers, or deliberate censorship of critical information by the local authorities of Imperial Japan, I believe ordinary
Japanese citizens may not have known about this warning, but at the top diplomatic and military levels, the Japanese including
(Emperor Hirohito) knew but were still undecided on when to surrender till they finally did on
August 15, 1945... A full 6 days after the second atomic bomb was dropped on the city of Nagasaki.

I admire the Japanese for their innovations and ability to teach mankind about how possible it is to rise from the ashes of defeat into a highly developed, near-peaceful country in a very short timeframe after the 1945 defeat! The Germans (starting with the defunct West Germany) did the same by

Shinzo Abe's recent translation and the global media coverage also proves how much Americans, Nigerians, and indeed the rest of the world love peacetime Japan.

Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Pearl Harbor, Dresden, Berlin, Nanking, etc, we will never forget, so that we can all learn to immerse ourselves in the

#Man know thyself

Stay safe. Ciao.

You have spoken very well and I admire you for having deep understanding of what transpired before, during and after the bombings. But there were certain things that should have been taken into broad consideration before actions were taken.

1. not all Japanese have access to radio or television broadcast as at then to receive the message of the warnings.

2 Truman did not used a Japanese interpreter while sounding the warnings, don't forget Japanese don't speak English.

3. Why didn't the Americans dropped the atomic bomb in a non habitant Japanese land to make their warnings clear? That way no life would have been lost and the Japanese would have been aware of the destructive capabilities of what was coming.

However it should be noted that the Americans also claimed to have dropped warning leaflets on Japanese cities, but these leaflets did not directly reference the atomic bomb, and it is unclear whether they were used to warn citizens of Hiroshima and Nagasaki specifically.

The second round features a picture of a mushroom cloud and a message about the Soviet invasion (which commenced on August 9). The historical record is unclear, but it seems as though these leaflets did not make it to Nagasaki until after it, too, had been hit by the atomic bomb.

Lastly if Germans, Italians, Croats and Japanese could be made to face trial for war crimes after the war, why were American Generals not made to stand trial especially when the mass killing of civilians were involved?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

OK... That's cool 'Sola, to each his
own. You've got an intentional mindset like your military General grandfather. Lol.

You take care.

Ciao.wink

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by sukkot: 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Hello @Peacefull,

NOTE:

#Man know thyself

Stay safe. Ciao.

lol bro i just got released from ban hehe. these mods aint playing around these parts. i would get to the post though just got in from a 9 hour sojourn trust you are well grin

am definitely banned from travel section till aug31 so cant even respond to your comments on there . mods trippin . wow so you discovered nairaland 2005 ? discovered it 2006 or maybe even the later parts of 2005. 17 year veterans lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by Ishilove: 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2022
sukkot:
lol bro i just got released from ban hehe. these mods aint playing around these parts. i would get to the post though just got in from a 9 hour sojourn trust you are well grin

am definitely banned from travel section till aug31 so cant even respond to your comments on there
You just dey collect ban wotoporiously
Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by sukkot: 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2022
Ishilove:

You just dey collect ban wotoporiously
lolzzz these mods taking things personally. grin grin

'where is the love ' is all am saying . can a nigga get some love around here grin
Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by engrchykae(m): 1:07am On Aug 12, 2022
mysticwarrior:
you are a man of great wisdom, I don't know if you are a christian or Muslim but the God that you serve will continue to bless you with more wisdom.
I see God in Creation
There is an expression of the creator in the big universe as well as the minute atom.
They are all systems
As the electrons and protons are held around the nucleus so are the planets held around the Sun.
I DONT LIKE RELIGIONS,THEY SEPARATED HUMANS FROM HUMANS TO THE GAINS OF THE EVIL FEW WHO CONTROL RELIGIONS WHETHER IN VATICAN OR MECCA.
I seek to attain higher knowledge of myself,I know I have God in me

1 Like

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by panafrican(m): 2:57am On Aug 12, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Are you sure about that figure?

The Bolshevik leadership were known propagandists who cooked up a lot of disinformation. They even encouraged their so-called
Red army to engage in mass rapes of German women when they invaded Berlin in 1945.

We know full well that close to 30 million Soviet citizens were isolated and eliminated in the Gulags or concentration camps by the Soviet communist leadership.

Read more in the international best seller book: "Gulag Archipelago."

The U.S. acknowledged the 27 million dead , so did all other allied forces. Even German field marshal Friedrich Wilhelm Ernst Paulus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by peacefull(f): 3:12am On Aug 12, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Hello @Peacefull,

NOTE:

#Man know thyself

Stay safe. Ciao.

Hello, AlphaTaikun san!

Thank you so much too!
Wow!! popular Japanese woman and citizen on this website?!
Really?! Wow!!
Yeahhhh!! \( ´▽`)/♪

I really appreciate you for sharing about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Thank you so much!

If President Truman warned to Japanese about it, Is it nothing wrong for him to used it?
Even if Japan warned peoples about it, Do you think all peoples in there could escape?
If warned, no one victims? no damaged?

Excuse making victims and their family to add more hurt.

2 Likes

Re: Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack by peacefull(f): 4:26am On Aug 12, 2022
mysticwarrior:
I was heartbroken sensing the temper of emotions behind your write up. Its only ignorant people that will blame the entire japanese people and show no sympathy because of the action of Hideki Tojo and a few other Japanese.

I once watched a movie titled "Letters from Iwo jima" its a movie that depict the Japanese side of the story of the war that was fought on the Island of iwojima during the second world war. You can watch it on youtube.

I was deeply moved when I saw how Japanese soldiers defending the island demonstrated the spirit of "Bushido" like real samurais. But the most touching part of that movie was when some Japanese soldiers where beginning to loose courage, and the song of the children of Nogano was played.

That song was done in Japanese and the English translation was so emotional, and it lifted the moral of the soldiers. General Tedamich kuribayashi(kenWatanabe) and his soldiers fought very very hard, even when the were surrounded and about to be wiped out they refused to surrender and fought to the last man.

Mixed feelings and emotionally.

Hideki Tojo, I watched one of his speech.
My surprised is title is like "peoples misunderstood him" or something like that.
His speech was like he wished peace and he doesn't wanna have war.
I was really surprised! Is like not same person.

War is justice vs justice.
Each countries have their belief.
They believe they are fighting for their justice and their belief.
But that is lead to wrong move sometimes.
This is my opinion.

Oh! I know "Letters from Iwo Jima"!
But I still not watched it.
That song is song for the defenders of Iwo Jima?

I still remember that you told me before about "Bushido".
I think I told you I don't know about "Bushido".
But when I checked about it on internet and when I saw "Bushido" in Kanji, I understood what is "Bushido"!
Sometimes when I saw Japanese words in English alphabet, I need take time to know what is that words.

You watched "Letters from Iwo Jima" and you know Kuribayashi, Have you read about Ichimaru? "A note to Roosevelt"?

And what about Hiroshi Funasaka who fought in battle of Angaur?
He is like a Samurai to me.
He never ever gave up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mugabe's Lavish $1m 92nd Birthday Celebration-Photos / Trump's Twitter Ban: We Showed "Failure" To Police Global Public Discourse -Jack / Iran Readies '100+ Cruise Missiles' For Possible Retaliation Against Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.