Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) (49960 Views)

Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) / How Can I Treat My Keloid Scars? / Burn Survivor Bares Her Tummy As She Proudly Displays Her Scars (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Mjshexy(f): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
Matrix137:
Guys I had a bike accident that left me with visible keloid scars on my right arm (pictures below) how do I remove or flatten them and cost pls?

Edit : I also have some on my leg but it's not visible so I'm not that bothered
That's our speciality, visit Prestige Beauty clinic Abuja today and get it completely removed cool
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Sulaimon123(m): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
Go and take canalog injection, you will take it like 6 time it will go.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by jokotus: 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
It's not something to worries about. Get this forever living product called "Aleovera with Jojoba apply to the affected part. Very effective.

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Sulaimon123(m): 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2022
Go and take canalog injection it will disappear but you take that injection like twice in a month for like six month . Am really serious about this.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Lightorder: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2022
Albertone:

Nonsense.

If a man's body is smooth, what will happen?
You're just making excuses for your poverty ridden body.
you are about to start a fight
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Lightorder: 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2022
Albertone:

A friend of mine suddenly has this on this arm.He claimed he got it when playing football.I know that's false.

How do cultists get it? Through bamming or through clashes?
but are you a …..? You know waramean
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Autobot05: 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Your emboldened

"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” John 9:5

I hope you understand English undecided

Lol Jesus is always here if not physically then spiritually
And he will always be the light of the world ❤️

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Jeremydarl: 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
Buy kenalog injection And take it to a good nurse ,it will be injected round the growth to kill the cells ,in less than 3weeks it will reduce ,you may have to repeat it again that’s if the first one didn’t drain it .

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Peaceworld(m): 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
Matrix137:
Guys I had a bike accident that left me with visible keloid scars on my right arm (pictures below) how do I remove or flatten them and cost pls?

Locate a physiotherapist who will use ultrasound therapy on the scars. Some sessions of this intervention will do the trick.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Matrix137(m): 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2022
henrixx:
go get a steroid injection thereafter apply a silicone gel for a week. the injectionflattens it in 2days and never regrows.

go to laserderm in Victoria Island or ikeja at Isaac John street. the injections are expensive though
Do you have an idea of the price? Thanks alot
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by presco27: 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2022
My dear just visit a federal hospital, and go for surgery patients out dept under burns and plastic.
Keloid scar is just minor operation ( excission biospy). Some minutes ur done. It can be a side procedure. Depending on the hospital. If your under NHIS, The operation is covered. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Autobot05: 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2022
afesco:

One problem I have with garlic is dt it smells. Won't it smell when apply on d body

You can use it at home probably at night

Jesus is the ONLY way ❤️
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Matrix137(m): 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2022
Nyanabo:
Why are you insecure ?

Have you been reject from a position you applied based on them scars ? Has it driven ladies you've been trying to woo ?

If no then I see no reason to feel insecure about it.

If people ask you tell them the background story and move on. Life is simple.
It lowers my self esteem and I'm tired of answering questions. I mostly wear long sleeve shirts now which I don't like.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by nabiz(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2022
Use lime orange and thank me later
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by pappey3g: 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2022
pappey3g:
Very simple to deal with.
Get an Alum.
Prepare a boil water, and get a small cloth.
Method:
Dip the cloth in hot water and use it to wipe or press the affected area for 3 to 5mins.
Then dip the Alum in a cold water and use the Alum to wipe the affected area as well until the Alum give a whitish color on the affected area.
This can be done in the morning or night.
Do it gradually till till it go down.

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by holywind(m): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2022
henrixx:
go get a steroid injection thereafter apply a silicone gel for a week. the injectionflattens it in 2days and never regrows.

go to laserderm in Victoria Island or ikeja at Isaac John street. the injections are expensive though
I've got thick scars all over my two arms down to the fingers and the two legs too due to fire accident, please can all that you mentioned above help on flattening them, please your replies,

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Sekolowo1: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
Matrix137:

I am a medical student. Normally, I don't like commenting on Nairaland before people will drag u in d mud with their tribal bigotry. However, I think it's right to address some things on this thread.

Keloid isn't a disease or a mark of cultists or wicked people. It's an abnormality in the healing of wounds. It's a hyperplastic scar that affects majorly the negroes (black/Africans). It can be genetic sef.

U should go to hospital as soon as u notice any symptom of keloid for better management. It's usually a painful, itchy hyperpigmented/dark swelling that results from minor injury/cut. If u try other means like cutting it to smoothen it, apply ice block or hot water compression, it'll get bigger & darker than u can ever imagine. Steroids as some are suggesting may help but the side effects in d long run can kill u if taken inappropriately. Keloid is incurable but you can manage it. That's why u should visit a hospital, most preferably teaching hospital.

Not all keloids require steroids or surgery. Other treatment options u can get from experts(Plastic Surgeons/Dermatologists) in teaching hospital include use of ;
* silion gel/sheet
* compression therapy with tight Clothings for months
* Radiation therapy
* interferon Therapy among others.

The more u try to smoothen it on Ur own the bigger it gets. Go see your doctor for expert treatment except you want your keloid to turn into what you have in this picture

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by DrAdonis: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
There are a number of treatments typical offered for Keloids like injecting steroids into the keloids by your doctors. The challenge is that most keloids come back and the ultimate treatment is surgical removal followed by radiation therapy within 24 to 48 hrs. There are a number of centers that offer radiation therapy in Nigeria
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2022
Cypress042:
Are you sure you're not a cultist cool
Na trouble abi na vawulence you dey fin!
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by newoffer: 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
Go online and check AB Bumps. They have office around the country. They cream and do light surgery on the skin.
Autobot05:
I used garlic when I got keloids from my ear piercing .. it worked
But it was as soon as I noticed it tho.. yours seem like they’ve been there for a long time

Jesus is the ONLY way ❤️
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Scottz: 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2022
Ficient:
If you are a guy it's ok. just add some tattoo around them. Man body no suppose too smooth
18 people still like this brainless talk of yours? I no get money I no even de live large the only scar you’d see on my body are my tattoos my skin fresh dye like new born own and e clean. I no get scars and I no be butty.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Cypress042(m): 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2022
PraiseGodNoTime:
Na trouble abi na vawulence you dey fin!
Any available one cheesy
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Surefire1: 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
try epiderme cream
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Pesbest: 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2022
If you desire the natural method of removing keloids scar....

Simply go to a near buy market and buy SNAKE Oil.

The IBOs call it: MManu Eke or Nmanu eke.

Rub it everyday on the affected part , morning and night after bath for 3 to 6 months...
It will flatten out and still keep your skin looking natural.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2022
Cypress042:
Any available one cheesy
Ah,Oga no be from my side. Check the vulture gril boy!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Preciousgift120(f): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2022
Matrix137:

Go to those yourba women that sell herbs, ask them for snake fat, it works, or better still seek their advice.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Moneyboyz: 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
There are different types of skin, yours is the type that gets easily irritated, small accident or injury and it would swell up.
My sister has that type of skin, so many bumps from injuries that shouldn't have gotten to that extent.

My advice is becareful on what you apply on there before you worsen your situation.
You won't want to open old wounds considering the type of skin you have.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by afesco: 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2022
Autobot05:

You can use it at home probably at night

Jesus is the ONLY way ❤️
The point or question I am asking is dt if it smells.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by jackson44(m): 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2022
JONSYN7154:
there's this injection that they'll use to inject the keloid but its very painful and expensive.

I can't remember the name of the injection
still kenalog injection. Bro just go the traditional way,by using python oil or lion fat. Some also say early morning saliva,before you talk to anybody works too.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by jackson44(m): 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2022
JONSYN7154:
there's this injection that they'll use to inject the keloid but its very painful and expensive.

I can't remember the name of the injection

still kenalog injection. Bro just go the traditional way,by using python oil or lion fat. Some also say early morning saliva,before you talk to anybody works too.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by aijay80: 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2022
1 shot or 2 of steroid injections(kenalog) will flatten it. See a dermatologist. Nothing major

Matrix137:

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) by Autobot05: 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2022
afesco:

The point or question I am asking is dt if it smells.

For sure.

Jesus is the ONLY way ❤️

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance / Seven Foods That Keep You Forever Young / Favour Lawal, Girl Born Without Anus Who Excretes Through Her Stomach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.