Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss (34122 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2022
Faithntruth:
my quest to learn fashion design drove my thoughts far as to how to raise the needed amount of money to pursue my dream, due to my family background I knew the only way I could achieve it is to look for a small job and save from there. few months ago I was linked by a friend to a man who needed a secretary in his establishment, having attended an interview I was given the job and placed on 20k monthly pay, little did I know that was the beginning of a new chapter of problem. at first I was very comfortable with the environment not knowing the man I work for is a devil.

my boss abuses me at will and does have time correct me when I make mistakes, I tried talking to him that it is my first time of working as a secretary and I am open for corrections.my first month pay was 14k instead of 20k with an excuse that I waste paper and data which of a truth I only use them in line with the job.
he suddenly started being friendly(giving me transport and buying snacks) which was surprising but knowing who I was dealing with I was also cautious until he opened up one day that he likes me and want a secret romance which I turned him down(he is older than my late father) and the real devil came alive. I was sometimes pay 13k monthly and had to endure series of harrasment that I sometimes wakeup to cry at night knowing what I had to go through at work. while my search for another job yielded no result I had to endure the torture. on Friday while I was typing a document he gave me the previous day,he came in and started shouting at me and stretch his hands and touched my breast,I stood up and pushed him to the ground and went straight home and later returned with my resignation letter. Terrible experience I will never forget in my life. THANK GOD
u even try wey you submit resignation letter..if na me as I go house days the end.no need for letter

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by letitrainnow(m): 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2022
Wish you the best.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by dododawa1: 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
Problem everywhere in NIGERIA
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Pipefitter: 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2022
Faithntruth:
my quest to learn fashion design drove my thoughts far as to how to raise the needed amount of money to pursue my dream, due to my family background I knew the only way I could achieve it is to look for a small job and save from there. few months ago I was linked by a friend to a man who needed a secretary in his establishment, having attended an interview I was given the job and placed on 20k monthly pay, little did I know that was the beginning of a new chapter of problem. at first I was very comfortable with the environment not knowing the man I work for is a devil.

my boss abuses me at will and does have time correct me when I make mistakes, I tried talking to him that it is my first time of working as a secretary and I am open for corrections.my first month pay was 14k instead of 20k with an excuse that I waste paper and data which of a truth I only use them in line with the job.
he suddenly started being friendly(giving me transport and buying snacks) which was surprising but knowing who I was dealing with I was also cautious until he opened up one day that he likes me and want a secret romance which I turned him down(he is older than my late father) and the real devil came alive. I was sometimes pay 13k monthly and had to endure series of harrasment that I sometimes wakeup to cry at night knowing what I had to go through at work. while my search for another job yielded no result I had to endure the torture. on Friday while I was typing a document he gave me the previous day,he came in and started shouting at me and stretch his hands and touched my breast,I stood up and pushed him to the ground and went straight home and later returned with my resignation letter. Terrible experience I will never forget in my life. THANK GOD

How old are you?l and where do you reside? Have you gotten another job?
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by phemmy88(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2022
Treasure17:
Some people are evil personified. Thank goodness you left the toxic environment and I hope you've saved reasonable amounts of money to venture into fashion designing. Peace of mind is important.

lol...You want her to save a reasonable amount from an average take home of 14k to 20k a month? I'm sure you thought she was talking in dollars and not Naira

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by chypotenti(m): 2:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
Johnsown1:
The man is a Coward and congy wanted to finish his life that's why he settles for office romance. Thank God that you didn't succumb to the pressure why don't try to learn tailoring or any other skills instead of looking for work
Guess you didn't read the part where she said she is trying to save up some money by working so as to learn fashion design

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Atolu01: 2:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
Thank God. I am very happy for you, and I wish you the best going forward. Judgement day is surely for NPD- ASPD sickos. Blergh.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by rant19ade: 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2022
I don't understand how ppl tolerate these kind rubbish like they tied your oxygen supply to the place.
If you come across this kind situation twice in a place leave immediately. There's always another place to work, Even if you would be paid less. Your joy and mental health is more important than all that.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by dnawah(m): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2022
Faithntruth:

sue his ass and give my share,na sexual harassment be that.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
Thank God you left before him use your head do sacrifice grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Treasure17(m): 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
phemmy88:

lol...You want her to save a reasonable amount from an average take home of 14k to 20k a month? I'm sure you thought she was talking in dollars and not Naira

Lol. Don't mind me jire.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Smith414: 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2022
superCleanworks:
You did not try at all. You messed up.

so you only pushed him to the ground and left?
You should have kicked him in the balls too .
And add small scratch make join for him face like tattoo
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2022
Akano5:

Sir, I reside in Orile...
Can you link me up?? I just need help

Help with what if I may ask?
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by seunaj: 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2022
Faithntruth:

You didn't narrate it to the part where you slapped him after he touched your breast without permission. Allthesame, kudos
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by SAMBARRY: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2022
Faithntruth:

congratulations.youre free.you certainly don't need that toxic job with poverty wages.unfortunately you didn't realise you were dealing with a narcisstic boss

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by SAMBARRY: 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2022
superCleanworks:
You did not try at all. You messed up.

so you only pushed him to the ground and left?
You should have kicked him in the balls too so that his wife and kids will ask him why he is walking funny.

I don't like men without code of conduct & self respect especially around women that call you boss.
her ex boss is a narcissist.narcisst lack character,code of conduct talkless of empathy.

There are many Bosses like that especially in private organisations, university (as professors) and Even in religious institutions

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Johnsown1(m): 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2022
chypotenti:
Guess you didn't read the part where she said she is trying to save up some money by working so as to learn fashion design

Ok maybe I didn't. That's a good move. Self reliant and sole Is the goal
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Berankis: 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2022
To be honest with you my lady, it takes the grace of God for a man with power not to misbehave with ladies. That natural tendency is always there.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by bonnyhope: 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2022
You have done well
God will give you another job
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Promising5555: 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2022
Female staff are the worst staffs ever, hates correction, put beauty and body in the front line, reckless and lack respect or manner, even by the way you type the words self, you have anger spirit.
Infact, I think their is more to dis than what is told.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2022
Using part of your salary to buy you snacks. I don't know why people are so wicked.

Faithntruth:

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Sirchiboy: 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2022
Faithntruth:

So sorry sister.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by abobote: 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2022
Promising5555:
Female staff are the worst staffs ever, hates correction, put beauty and body in the front line, reckless and lack respect or manner, even by the way you type the words self, you have anger spirit.
Infact, I think their is more to dis than what is told.
I have a female staff, and doesn't have any of those characters you mentioned above.
Your type drives joy in subjecting people to slavery coz they are working for you

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Halo22: 5:19pm On Aug 09, 2022
I pity the less privileged ladies as they pass through a lot in the hands of abusive bosses.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Qwi1: 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2022
Hmmm
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Saintmary(f): 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
HOKIM:

No be who get option go choose?? Most people dont care cos there are no other options.... if I see work now and I'm broke from a poor home, I go tell dem say no, cos na one man business and no referral, I wan dey wait for company work

You have a point, but you will rise up very soon.

Things won't be like this forever.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Sukkyy2010: 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2022
Treasure17:
Some people are evil personified. Thank goodness you left the toxic environment and I hope you've saved reasonable amounts of money to venture into fashion designing. Peace of mind is important.
Save reasonable amount from how much salary?

Even she if she's 10yrs working there with that petty salary no way she would amount to something tangible.
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by pweetyphola(f): 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2022
Faithntruth:

If you are a graduate, below 30 years and you don't mind working in a bank's contact center, You can send me a DM

1 Like

Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2022
Karma will surely deal with the Man. Take heart!
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 09, 2022
Fake story
Re: I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss by galantjoe(m): 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2022
If I tell you my experience when I started working newly. My boss, female was very abusive, but I persevere, until we become blended. We re best of friends now.

Endurance and perseverance are key to successful career

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? / What Percentage Of Your Salary Should Be Allotted To Accommodation? / How Did You Get Your Present Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.