Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,495 members, 7,801,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida (40864 Views)

Israel Raids Gaza, Looks For Hostages (Video) / 10-Foot-Long Alligator Stuns Residents In Florida / Donald Trump Launches His ‘office Of The Former President’ In Florida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by God1000(m): 10:29am On Aug 09, 2022
Ex-US President Donald Trump has said his Florida home was raided by the FBI, and that agents broke open a safe.

Mr Trump said in a statement that Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach was "occupied by a large group of FBI agents".

Monday's search was reportedly connected to an investigation into Mr Trump's handling of official papers.

"These are dark times for our nation," Mr Trump's statement said. "Nothing like this has ever happened to a President of the United States before."

The FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) and the justice department have not commented on the reported search.

American presidents are required by the Presidential Records Act (PRA) to transfer all of their letters, work documents and emails to the National Archives (NA).

There are also other federal laws regarding the handling of classified documents.

In February, the National Archives said it had retrieved 15 boxes of papers from Mar-a-Lago, which Mr Trump should have turned over when he left the White House.

The agency later told Congress the boxes included "items marked as classified national security information".

Mr Trump's lawyer, Christina Bobb, told NBC News that some papers had been seized during the search.

The dramatic escalation of law enforcement scrutiny of Mr Trump comes as the Republican prepares for a possible another presidential run in 2024.

News of the search has mobilised some of Donald Trump's supporters. A group of fans gathered outside Mar-a-Lago to wave flags and express their anger.

House of Representatives Republican minority leader Kevin McCarthy said: "I've seen enough. The Department of Justice has reached an intolerable state of weaponised politicisation."

Meanwhile, Florida Senator Marco Rubio, a Republican, tweeted: "Using government power to persecute political opponents is something we have seen many times from 3rd world Marxist dictatorships."

Mr Trump said he had co-operated with all relevant government agencies and so the "unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate".

He said it amounted to "prosecutorial misconduct" and "the weaponisation of the justice system" to prevent him from running for the White House again.

"Such an assault could only take place in broken, Third-World countries," he said. "Sadly, America has now become one of those countries, corrupt at a level not seen before.

"They even broke into my safe!"

According to CBS News, the BBC's US partner, Mr Trump was in Trump Tower in New York City at the time of the reported raid.

https://www.facebook.com/100064620046507/posts/pfbid02fuGtjU8CjkVhPEiyvmFWjVR15t4Q5zaC9gH3kZoMBWxYdS3vcc6nQeWLTS5FaEStl/?app=fbl

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by God1000(m): 10:29am On Aug 09, 2022
It serves him right, he committed a lot of infractions while in office.

He must be feeling so helpless now, the so-called wannabe dictator, the president of law and order.

His illegality and unconstitutional behaviour cannot be overlooked

I pity some gullible and brainwashed nigerians that idolise him.

Biden is still cleaning up his mess

153 Likes 20 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by Sajanis: 10:36am On Aug 09, 2022
I will hate to abandon the state of the Nigerian nation to start talking about an organized settings like United States.

Anyway, please we will Design a professional Company Logo or Letterhead Design for 2k Only

Drop Us Your Company Name:

https://forms.gle/eogHP42G8xz6L8Lv7

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by God1000(m): 10:42am On Aug 09, 2022
Sajanis:
Funny times
this man should be in prison

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by Sajanis: 10:43am On Aug 09, 2022
God1000:
this man should be in prison
What is his crime exactly ?

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by God1000(m): 10:44am On Aug 09, 2022
Sajanis:
What is his crime exactly ?
please read the article

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by Sajanis: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2022
God1000:
please read the article
Only I can see there bro is the mention of security paper, with no details of the content Op. Please what are the papers for exactly ?

Note your Leader has done worst security related crimes yet their still Walking the Nigerian street free, their their supporters chanting their Names for.

Argue with the current state of Security in the Country Today.

As we speak right Now, Bandits has taken over the Abuja Airport Road in Federal capital territory. Forcing all motorists toake a Uturn

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by God1000(m): 10:56am On Aug 09, 2022
Sajanis:
Only I can see there bro is the mention of security paper, with no details of the content Op. Please what are the papers for exactly ?
he took some classified documents from the White House while leaving, he was asked to return them and he refused.

American presidents are required by the Presidential Records Act (PRA) to transfer all of their letters, work documents and emails to the National Archives

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by Sajanis: 11:00am On Aug 09, 2022
I
God1000:
he took some documents from the white while leaving, he was asked to return them and he refused.

American presidents are required by the Presidential Records Act (PRA) to transfer all of their letters, work documents and emails to the National Archives
Oga Leaders are worst than Donald Trump when leaving the seat of Power.

I will chose a stubborn Trump over the type of Looters this Country has produced any time any day. Argue with the Current state of the Nation in Nigeria and that of USA.

So I wonder why the USA should be my problem instead of my country where nothing is working. Courtesy your Good Leaders

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by God1000(m): 11:10am On Aug 09, 2022
Sajanis:
I Oga Leaders are worst than Donald Trump when leaving the seat of Power.

I will chose a stubborn Trump over the type of Looters this Country has produced any time any day. Argue with the Current state of the Nation in Nigeria and that of USA.

So I wonder why the USA should be my problem instead of my country where nothing is working. Courtesy your Good Leaders
we're not talking about Nigeria here, so don't digress.

So you prefer a racist, white supremacist, demagogue, misogynist and corrupt Donald trump to decent Biden.

Please avoid commenting on my thread next time, this is my business, mind yours.

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by Sajanis: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2022
God1000:

So you prefer a racist, white supremacist, demagogue, misogynist and corrupt Donald trump to decent Biden
When did American Problem become the cause of Nigerian Problem oga. Is Donald Trump the Cause your Country's Bad Leadership and insecurity ?

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by LibertyRep: 11:26am On Aug 09, 2022
The use of government agencies to harass political opponents is believed to be peculiar to the third world countries.
Isn't that what Trump is alleging? Sad.

Every country with her own headache.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by Realtalk20: 11:26am On Aug 09, 2022
The left aka democrats are so bitter .

All because they claimed he took sensitive Whitehouse documents when he was leaving the Whitehouse.

What a sad bunch the left is grin

They are only making Americans and the whole world love trump the more

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by ATLIEN2027: 11:26am On Aug 09, 2022
Good.
Conman Donald Duck will be prosecuted for his crimes eventually.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by PastorandMentor(m): 11:27am On Aug 09, 2022
This is serious

2 Likes

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by Sancheez4(m): 11:27am On Aug 09, 2022
issoright
Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:27am On Aug 09, 2022
He earn it, he deserves it like hell

We all patiently waiting for his arrest now

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by CondemnBattery(f): 11:27am On Aug 09, 2022
shocked
Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by SenatePresdo(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2022
Trump behaves like an average Black president.

Always throwing tantrums.

That's why they are treating him this way.

Trump should grow up, FBI won't Just invade your house for no reason.

If their operation was to bust something, why would they announce their coming.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by angelfallz(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2022
So, it is not only in Nigeria, that a government body can be used to attack perceived enemies.

5 Likes

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by BluntCrazeMan: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2022
Na waa oo.
Just like that??
Them no even show small mercy, unto say him be former POTUS.??

2 Likes

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by God1000(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2022
Sajanis:
When did American Problem become the cause of Nigerian Problem oga. Is Donald Trump the Cause your Country's Bad Leadership and insecurity ?

Please don't comment on my thread next time, thanks.

6 Likes

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by osejie17(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2022
FBI AND EFCC na the same pant dem dey wear

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by Abdullahi4u7(m): 11:29am On Aug 09, 2022
Do you want a logo that'll drive in sales for your brand?

Do you want a logo that distinguishes your brand from a pool of similar brands out there?

Do you want your brand to stand out like Indomie does amongst other noodles' producers?

Here's the deal:

We'll design a unique logo for your brand.
One that suits it and that'll attract sales.

But you'll not pay a single dime until the job is completed.

And you'll only pay a token of N3,000 if you are satisfied with our work after completion.

You won't need to pay if you are not satisfied with it.

In fact, we'll ask you to keep the logo as an apology for not satisfying YOU.

However, the slots are limited.

So if you're interested in this offer, you'll have to hurry and grab it now before you miss out.

REACH US NOW:
WhatsApp: 0 70 32 8 56 7 64
E-mail: vyraldesigns1 @ gmai l.com

PS: You need not bother if you don't really desire growth for your brand because you'll end up wasting our time.
Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by phoneport(m): 11:29am On Aug 09, 2022
O boy, so DSS sorry, FBI don they turn Buhari Nigerian style for Yankee

Then woooooorris the difference between America and Niaja?

4 Likes

Re: FBI Raids Donald Trump's Home In Florida by Revolva(m): 11:29am On Aug 09, 2022
God1000:

So you prefer a racist, white supremacist, demagogue, misogynist and corrupt Donald trump to decent Biden

You are not serious calling Trump a racist and all other names

You belive in media painting Trump bad

Trump is one of the best American presidents, Who is Biden that one no no wetin e de take america to become

29 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza / Man Arrested After Faking Heart Attack In 20 Restaurants To Avoid Paying Bill / Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.