Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free (35197 Views)

Naira Under-valued In Official, Parallel Forex Markets – Bismarck Rewane / Naira Fair Value Should Settle Between ₦‎640-₦‎680/$ – Bismarch Rewane / Bismarck Rewane: Naira Redesign May Cause GDP Fall But Not Increased Inflation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by ogbonti: 12:13am On Aug 10, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Its Peter Obi or Dollar at 5000 naira.

Tinubu that advised Buhari to print money to pay salaries in 2017 is the same person they want to make president abi?

2 Likes

Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by holywind(m): 12:19am On Aug 10, 2022
shortIGBOman:
The CBN Governor, Godwin Emefele is the worst thing that has ever happened to CBN. The man is incompetent, clueless and lacks economic knowledge.
I heard he is IGBO from the EAST?
He's from Delta north (IKA) and they never agreed that they are Igbos, so he is my brother by state and not Igbo
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by Dami12345: 12:19am On Aug 10, 2022
Pharaohny:
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBII stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI
I stand with OBI

Oh my God. No logic at all.
Just Shouting like a Babarian.
No Sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by Mayflowa(m): 12:26am On Aug 10, 2022
orisa37:
1970 THERE WERE KINGWAYS, CHELLARAMS, LEVENTIS ETCETERA ETCETERA ALL OVER NIGERIA AND THEN IT WAS ONE NAIRA TO TWO DOLLARS.

Hahaha

Guyman, Leventis is still in Nigeria. This is their website:

https://agleventis.com/

LEVENTIS will still convert our naira to dollars and carry it to their country. We need businesses that will be bringing dollars from other country or exporting goods!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by 989900: 12:29am On Aug 10, 2022
This guy is overrated.
1. He should be talking about ways to make the ₦ stronger.

2. Even if the ₦ exchanges for ₦3,000 to $, he would come tomorrow to say it should exchange for ₦6,000 . . . his reputation precedes him.

3. He didn't speak to the arbitrage/racketeering causing a huge chunk of the poor performance of the ₦, which would persist regardless of the rate.

4. He didn't speak to subsidy scam, importation of refined petroleum products, low oil production, other factors affecting the ₦.

5. He didn't speak to CBN's whack monetary policies and corrupt practices.

Same man has been advising Buhari's appointees for a while, but see where we are.
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by Mayflowa(m): 12:30am On Aug 10, 2022
TA4TA4:
Lol.... Nigeria is meant to be rich cause we export crude oil.... But we spend all the money we generated from selling the crude and much more when we import fuel....

Na who do us this thing? Or the spirits of our forefathers... What did we do wrong to deserve this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG9jZeRk5ps

Very correct! I do not know what is delaying Dangote Refinery. That is our only hope. That guy is going to save Nigeria but own Nigeria!
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by Pharaohny: 12:57am On Aug 10, 2022
Dami12345:

Oh my God. No logic at all.
Just Shouting like a Babarian.
No Sense.

Like you grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by staga: 1:08am On Aug 10, 2022
Elsueno:
shocked

Just look at the evil looking grin on his face

All these brainwashed WEF, IMF & world Bank paper economist who only do analysis from d perspective of thier western overloads would sink 2geda with them.....Imagine under valuing ur own country just so u can look good to d imperialist money printing U.S.A.

Bismarck Rewane has always being pessimistic about Nigerias economic outlook

Nigerians do not like those who tell them the hard truth. What brings in foreign exchange to Nigeria? Ghana alone as more than 500,000 Nigerian students. Do people come to Nigeria for education, or medical tourism or holiday tourism, things that bring in money for countries with no oil or mineral resources? Do you manufacture anything consumed globally?

Japan has no drop of oil, but their products are consumed globally. Israel's arms sales is more than $5bn in revenue, and yes, their famous rifles are used by our DSS and special forces.

We just consume from other nations and need dollars to pay for this consumption. How will the Naira not fall at the expense of the other currencies?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by darediamond(m): 2:15am On Aug 10, 2022
CalabarPikin:
No be say I dey pray for hardship ooh

But I for like make e still exchange for that 700/$.......e get why
Ole, Cardless Arbitrage Money Lord!!
grin grin
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by Obidient4life3: 2:40am On Aug 10, 2022
Realhommie:
Typical of the average Nigerian youth. I doubt if you even read through, just counter with no tangible input and your ilks will cheer you on with likes...

Kwantinue

Why should I read that trash? That CBN should devalue the naira the more. The kind of evil advice they have been giving since the time of Abacha
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by GerogeI(m): 2:56am On Aug 10, 2022
NwaNimo1:

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/expert-claims-naira-overvalued-by-200-begs-cbn-to-set-currency-free/

This idiot that always pulls numbers from his ass.
Egypt had no oil, their currency exchanges for 16-17 usd, but Naira at N640 is over valued by 200%.

The truth is that there is no real forex market to value Naira. More than 70% of Nigerias forex earning is from oil. Earned in usd, and moved from NNPC to CBN. Govt. looters then go on spending spree. There is no trading in more than 60% of forex entering Nigeria. So anyone saying naira is over valued is a pure liar. Anyone saying there is a real traded exchange market in naira is also a Liar, because CBN spends what they want, give to whom they want, and is know to takes kickbacks to approve form M for companies.
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by wowcatty: 3:34am On Aug 10, 2022
Hehehe!

You want more naira for your buck!

I'm kinda with you on that and you shouldn't feel guilty about it since Nigeria has refused to reduce its dependency on importation. Foreign exchange should not affect Nigeria since food is grown locally and it's blessed with oil to transport it around the country. The only thing Nigeria should be importing are things they can't build.

S.Korea has a good economy but the exchange rate I believe is over 1,000 to $1, so it can't be all bad. Nigeria just needs to look inward.
CalabarPikin:
No be say I dey pray for hardship ooh

But I for like make e still exchange for that 700/$.......e get why
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:38am On Aug 10, 2022
degamonn:
We shouldn't not be angry with this man if you understand the working of the economy.
The man never said the Naira should be devalue beyond the N600+ whatever range at the black market but the N430 official value.
The question is this, How many of you who reacted to this post access FOREX at N430 official window? Only a special group of people which are a small percentage of the total number of people looking for FOREX get at the rate. so, it is a policy which creates special privilege for few people to the detriment of the majority.

Many of them don't read. They just read the headlines and start typing. Imagine the comments above. All filled with ignorant people.

1 Like

Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by wowcatty: 3:39am On Aug 10, 2022
Are workers salaries not paid in naira? Tinubu's mentality is on point, what you should focus on is what Nigeria brings to the table that will earn dollars.
TheGoodJoe:

Tinubu: I am not worried about the increase in exchange rates because workers salary are paid in Naira.

See the mentality of who you want as President.
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:41am On Aug 10, 2022
wowcatty:
Are workers salaries not paid in naira? Tinubu's mentality is on point, what you should focus on is what Nigeria brings to the table that will earn dollars.

Most things we use in Nigeria are imported. Even Petrol. We import even starch. So, the salary paid in naira is directly affected by the exchange rate.

So if you earn N100,000 and the exchange rate goes up, you have less funds to buy goods and services. Things become more expensive and your salary has less value.

Get it?

1 Like

Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:44am On Aug 10, 2022
wowcatty:

Yet, people like you with no idea of basic economics will line up and vote a man with a disastrous idea of economics.

I find it shameful when I see people like you lining to support a man that who is showing every sign of running a failed government.
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by wowcatty: 3:53am On Aug 10, 2022
You can't be talking about Tinubu.

You are just talking nonsense that has nothing to so with Tinubu. Tinuburan Lagis without allocationmoney and came out on top. Other governors that got allocation for their empty state couldn't do anything with it.

We support Tinubu because his track records in governance, the best to come out of Nigeria.
TheGoodJoe:

Yet, people like you with no idea of basic economics will line up and vote a man with a disastrous idea of economics.

I find it shameful when I see people like you lining to support a man that who is showing every sign of running a failed government.
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:08am On Aug 10, 2022
wowcatty:

You are just talking nonsense that has nothing to so with Tinubu. Tinuburan Lagis without allocationmoney and came out on top. Other governors that got allocation for their empty state couldn't do anything with it.

We support Tinubu because his track records in governance, the best to come out of Nigeria.

Tinubu: I am not worried about the increase in exchange rates because workers salary are paid in Naira.

You can rant for all I care but the fact remains he said this. This alone makes it a fact that he is a recipe for failure as a President.

You should know such a statement is frightening and such a person should not even be a councilor, let alone an LGA chairman. Yet, you want him as President.
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by wowcatty: 4:12am On Aug 10, 2022
See how you said that most things in Nigeria are imported with pride, it's really a shame. If you chose to import what God has blessed you with and placed under your feet, that's not Tinubu's problem until he gets there and does not fix it. People being foolish shouldn't translate as accepted as a way of life.

Working in Nigeria and getting paid in naira shouldn't be affected by dollar in a sane society, living local should be just that but since it's a self-inflicted wound you just have to bear it until you figure it out or let Tinubu perform his magic again.
TheGoodJoe:

Most things we use in Nigeria are imported. Even Petrol. We import even starch. So, the salary paid in naira is directly affected by the exchange rate.

So if you earn N100,000 and the exchange rate goes up, you have less funds to buy goods and services. Things become more expensive and your salary has less value.

Get it?
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by wowcatty: 4:25am On Aug 10, 2022

You are just talking nonsense that has nothing to do with Tinubu. Tinubu ran Lagos without allocation money and came out on top. Other governors that got allocation for their empty state couldn't do anything with it.

We support Tinubu because his track records in governance is the best to ever come out of Nigeria
TheGoodJoe:

You can rant for all I care but the fact remains he said this. This alone makes it a fact that he is a recipe for failure as a President.

You should know such a statement is frightening and such a person should not even be a councilor, let alone an LGA chairman. Yet, you want him as President.

1 Like

Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by CSTRR: 5:02am On Aug 10, 2022
Anytime I receive a notification on my pay slip that taxes have been deducted from my salary to Lagos State.

I remember mudashiru Obasa the Lagos house of assembly chairman and the fact that he gave my taxes to his baby mama for a good nice fuccckkk.

I'm not happy at all.
Re: Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:06am On Aug 10, 2022
wowcatty:
See how you said that most things in Nigeria are imported with pride, it's really a shame. If you chose to import what God has blessed you with and placed under your feet, that's not Tinubu's problem until he gets there and does not fix it. People being foolish shouldn't translate as accepted as a way of life.

Working in Nigeria and getting paid in naira shouldn't be affected by dollar in a sane society, living local should be just that but since it's a self-inflicted wound you just have to bear it until you figure it out or let Tinubu perform his magic again.

Stop living in a dream world like Tinubu. Until we fix things and get our local production working, you can not be talking of paying in naira not being affected by exchange rate.

That is the reason why supporting Tinubu shows that you people are just being unrealistic.

You are not facing the problem and talking in naira when the exchange rate is running riot.

Please, you are not talking to blockheads. You are talking to people with a sound understanding of the situation of things in the country.

Until we change our status from a consumption nation to a productive nation, the exchange rate will have a drastic effect on the income of local salary earners.

It will take some time to become productive, and even that will help improve the exchange rate.

So please, Tinubu has no idea of what he is talking about. So, you can support his ignorance, but stop thinking you are making sense to learned people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Ways To Earn One Million Naira Before 2018 Runs Out -NigeriaOnlineBusiness.com / Naira Exchange Rates Today / World’s Most Powerful Ceos In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.