Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,246 members, 7,780,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:30 PM

Jakpa Advise: Think Critically - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jakpa Advise: Think Critically (62984 Views)

Jakpa: Nurse Sister Now Stuck . Help ! / Jakpa To Bolivia / Five Dead, Nine Critically Injured On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2022
Gerrard59:

Very few Mexican universities teach in English.

I’ll never understand how some sell, spend, and give up everything to migrate without taking the time out to get a good head start on learning the language of the country they are traveling to. YouTube, apps, and language programs are all tools to learning but some Nigerians would rather take a chance and depend on the fraction of populations that speak English. Not knowing languages is a definite roadblock.
Yes, a German company may have English speaking sectors but when two prospective employees are interviewed and one is bilingual while the other speaks only English it’s evident who will win.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2022
justwise:

If you don't pay mortgage you pay rent, you can not escape it unless you want to live for free. Move to a city with affordable house price or cost of living

I’ve yet to see more than a handful of monikers discuss or acknowledge that mortgage payments are usually much smaller than rent but I’ll attribute some of that to them not understanding the credit system of the West. While they see credit and debt as a death sentence they don’t realize that without the use of credit and some debt (even small) at sometime or another, a person is basically nobody in the sense that they can’t really be established.
The hatred and fear of bills and taxes never ceases to amaze me.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’ll never understand how some sell, spend, and give up everything to migrate without taking the time out to get a good head start on learning the language of the country they are traveling to. YouTube, apps, and language programs are all tools to learning but some Nigerians would rather take a chance and depend on the fraction of populations that speak English. Not knowing languages is a definite roadblock.
Yes, a German company may have English speaking sectors but when two prospective employees are interviewed and one is bilingual while the other speaks only English it’s evident who will win.

This is what I dont understand honestly. The fixation on USA UK Australia and Canada as if they are the only countries that exist in the world is madness. Theres really amazing countries out there. They might not be as good as the USA but at least you would have everything to have a decent life.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

This is what I dont understand honestly. The fixation on USA UK Australia and Canada as if they are the only countries that exist in the world is madness. Theres really amazing countries out there. They might not be as good as the USA but at least you would have everything to have a decent life.

While I’d recommend all 3 because there is a true chance of success with proper planning and preparation, I agree that there are many other countries that are more than suitable. What’s necessary is discernment though. Some of the countries I see people enquiring about are not great choices for Nigerians or anyone else to migrate to but rather than doing their own in depth research, they happily accept and process the second and third hand advice as long as it all sounds positive and easy.

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

While I’d recommend all 3 because there is a true chance of success with proper planning and preparation, I agree that there are many other countries that are more than suitable. What’s necessary is discernment though. Some of the countries I see people enquiring about are not great choices for Nigerians or anyone else to migrate to but rather than doing their own in depth research, they happily accept and process the second and third hand advice as long as it all sounds positive and easy.

A lot of us are just not educated. A Nigerian gave birth to his child in Mexico and shared the picture on twitter and you need to see how Nigerians abused the guy. That a whole Mexico, what's there. I think our knowledge about the global south is just from CNN and Netflix series like narcos. Nobody bothers to read or do any research.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

A lot of us are just not educated. A Nigerian gave birth to his child in Mexico and shared the picture on twitter and you need to see how Nigerians abused the guy. That a whole Mexico, what's there. I think our knowledge about the global south is just from CNN and Netflix series like narcos. Nobody bothers to read or do any research.

What fault or folly did they see in his child being born in Mexico?

4 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

What fault or folly did they see in his child being born in Mexico?

They said it's a much more useless country than Nigeria. The comments were very horrible.

13 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

They said it's a much more useless country than Nigeria. The comments were very horrible.

A picture announcing the birth of someone’s child is the wrong place for negativity.

10 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Ojay01(m): 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2022
Hi,
Please any idea how i can get across to the guy who's child was birth in mexico?

Been making plans to go there with my wife but if i can get someone that has been there already, it will make the process easier.

kindly help if you do.

thanks
tensazangetsu20:

3 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2022
Ojay01:
Hi,
Please any idea how i can get across to the guy who's child was birth in mexico?

Been making plans to go there with my wife but if i can get someone that has been there already, it will make the process easier.

kindly help if you do.

thanks

A link to the tweet but if you have the money and resources you are better off giving birth to your child in Chile. You had to travel to Dubai for the embassy before but there's an embassy in Ghana now. Chile has the third strongest passport in the Americas.

https://twitter.com/Kingkuti_/status/1556242116321234944?t=5jhUyqHHQDJ6incbO_cSCw&s=19

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by justwise(m): 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’ve yet to see more than a handful of monikers discuss or acknowledge that mortgage payments are usually much smaller than rent but I’ll attribute some of that to them not understanding the credit system of the West. While they see credit and debt as a death sentence they don’t realize that without the use of credit and some debt (even small) at sometime or another, a person is basically nobody in the sense that they can’t really be established.
The hatred and fear of bills and taxes never ceases to amaze me.

Absolutely! With mortgage you will surely finish paying it while paying rent has no end. Paying rent is paying landlord/lady's mortgage.

Getting mortgage increases your credit worthiness and improves your credit score.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by naijapips04: 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2022
Op they will call you bad belle.
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Gerrard59(m): 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Very few Nigerians know how to speak, read and write French - the lingua franca of all countries abut to her. Is it Spanish they will understand? My post was about Mexican universities teaching in English. That doesn't mean prospective students wouldn't learn Spanish, but expecting people who spent two years after graduation gathering money for postgraduate studies to know Spanish prior to entry even when they don't know French is very unrealistic.

6 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by freddie009(m): 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2022
Now I know why my friend enrolled for another master's program, I was asking him and he never gave me an answer. He was encouraging me to come, but now I know that he doesn't have my interest at heart. I will rather take the long road to the US through PhD(full scholarship), though is difficult but I'm ready to take my chances. I know say I go definitely marry one yankee within my first 2 years there.

Edit: Just had a talk with a mutual friend who is in Germany trying to make some inquiries and he told me my friend in the UK switched to nursing.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Gerrard59(m): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2022
freddie009:
Now I know why my friend enrolled for another master's program, I was asking him and he never gave me an answer. He was encouraging me to come, but now I know that he doesn't have my interest at heart. I will rather take the long road to the US through PhD(full scholarship), though is difficult but I'm ready to take my chances. I know say I go definitely marry one yankee within my first 2 years there.

I am curious,

Did he enrol for another master's program after obtaining an MSc degree in the same UK? This means he would have two MSc degrees from UK universities? Why did he not opt for a PhD? BTW, what did he study in the first master's and what is he studying in the current one?

3 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by elyte89: 11:23pm On Aug 10, 2022
A simple question ..for a prospective masters student like me who wants to study healthcare management(MBA) in d UK... Any hope? Is it a good course?
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by sapoyoro(m): 11:50pm On Aug 10, 2022
justwise:

Absolutely! With mortgage you will surely finish paying it while paying rent has no end. Paying rent is paying landlord/lady's mortgage.

Getting mortgage increases your credit worthiness and improves your credit score.

Justwise pls this is frontpage worthy sir.
God bless
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:08am On Aug 11, 2022
ednut1:
Alot of Nigerians who went to the uk on study visa will suffer this fate. The uk just scam Nigerians

I’m sorry, I mean I am really really sorry. I can’t just imagine myself taking 10m or more for schooling abroad.
I dey craze?
Even 5m I no go do am. Will rather take that money to farm and sit there monitor my irrigation farming.
I don’t have any problem with people doing that though but I just can’t because the entrepreneurship blood in me won’t agree with that action

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:10am On Aug 11, 2022
Munamoqel:
yes the first scam happened in 2011.90 percent of the grad are back in Nigeria some in call centre !

Jesus
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:16am On Aug 11, 2022
Munamoqel:
please remove Ghana .is just a mess a debt riddle nation with high inflation of over 40 a bottle of coke is around 400 naira in that yeye nation .

I don’t know why people like calling other african countries as better than nigeria.
Maybe what they read online rather than the reality on ground.
Ghana, Benin Republic, Rwanda, Kenya - these countries are not better than nigeria, this I know for sure.

South Africa - it is becoming a mess presently and if care is not taken, they will be something else in the next 5 years.

Gambia, Cape Verde - can’t say about these 2. Don’t know much about them
If there is one thing I know of, it is ghana is very very expensive for their standard of living and cost of living.
The last time I went to ghana was in 2017 and I stayed with a Ghanaian friend at Kasoa.
He rented a studio demarcated into 2 bedroom flat for 9,000 ghana cedis per year.
As at them, that was 900k in naira for just a studio or let’s just agree a 2 bedroom flat in out skirt of the capital Accra oooooo.
Not capital center like circle, tudu, teshie etc.
Ghana is the most expensive country in west Africa.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:24am On Aug 11, 2022
Testpen:

a mortgage house in UK costs around 250,000 pounds to 300,000 pounds that's roughly 240,000,000 million naira. paying debts for how long.

Jesuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!

That means if care is not taken, someone may work all his life paying for mortgage

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:26am On Aug 11, 2022
Munamoqel:
Nigeria has a bigger business environment ,more employment opportunities and cheaper cost of living and a larger economy . I wonder if tinibu,akpabio ibori Alam ,dezani are now Fulani the entire money looted in Abia state was taken by fulani If you want to wipe up tribalism and stupidity why not go to political section

grin. grin
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:30am On Aug 11, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Majorly 80% of Nigerians actually knew what they are signing in for...

After spending 15m_20m to study in the UK... that doesn't guarantee a work permit

Just think about it...
You graduate as a Nigerian and other nationality with the locals...

Now you want to compete job with a UK graduate
Northern American students
China and Japan graduate
Some African students

Now how sure the UK company will ignore this people and pick you...

Tho some possess extraordinary skills in their field and outstanding excellence result... so this people may stand out tho...

But what about an average graduate...
So next option is to return home or settle for 10pound an hour...

So if you think it's fine by you...go ahead and apply
And if you think about your unborn kids... you may go ahead regardless

The way you people call these million millions.
Omo, person fit get heart attack for this thread oooo

15-20 millionnnnnnnnn for 1 year MSC after which I will still go back to the street to be looking for work?

Nahhhhhhhhh

Count me out

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:33am On Aug 11, 2022
justwise:
[b]

I'm not sure you visit this section a lot of read student visa thread at all because this topic is a heated one yearly, you will be called all sorts of names just for tell prospective students to prepare well and lower their expectations, you will hear things like: Stop discouraging us, Nigerians are smart they will survive, God's grace differs..bla bla bla..

Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:37am On Aug 11, 2022
jesmond3945:

Unborn kids? What of your own mental state.

Abi ooooo

People don’t just stop to think about their own life. It is always about my kids, my family, my wife, my mother etc.
The number one person you should care for FIRST is Yourself and others follow. Simple

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:38am On Aug 11, 2022
jesmond3945:
oh really. It seems you were not informed. Even the offers that comes with placement, when they apply for internship or placement na love letter go follow.

Which one be love letter again?

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:44am On Aug 11, 2022
Munamoqel:
please do over 100m Pounds have left Nigeria in the name of japa to uk .a lady that earns around 2m per month has been struggling to get job and Dont want to do care job
2m per month and left that to go and start afresh in UK?? Hmmmmm

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:45am On Aug 11, 2022
jesmond3945:
look. My dear, many people o. Immigration post brexit is bloody. You would be seeing kids driving good cars, living plush while you slave away. When I go to festivals or events with my kids you won't even see one single black. They are busy in factories and care homes while the white man is enjoying and knacking free kpekus

Hmmmmmmm
Life
Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:47am On Aug 11, 2022
Munamoqel:
redesigned slave trade / Labour in 21 century obi smart ! No wonder a friend told me I America they look down on factory workers he work in UPS and was standing for 8 hours daily .

Redesigned slave trade in 21st century

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 1:53am On Aug 11, 2022
jesmond3945:
the only people who try to enjoy are our women and our kids but at the back and blood of our men. Our men dont even have time for themselves. Labouring day and night. Is very sad. Our leaders should have concience.

Any man who fails to plan or any nation that fails to plan, will keep experiencing this.
Their fore fathers used our fore fathers as slaves, their fathers did the same to our fathers and now their children are doing it to us.
The question is- when will the black man learn?

Being irresponsible isn’t cheap after all. It has an expensive price and that is Generational Suffering

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by emmaodet: 2:00am On Aug 11, 2022
sammirano:
UK is a scam, immediately I saw their visa fees I just laugh, another MMM, Nigerian's are being fooled twice, first precolonial and now. When una go get sense? UK has nothing to offer, even the commonwealth na to gather una commonwealth to UK

grin

You people have no joy on this thread.

To garther commonwealth of others

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Advise: Think Critically by Madmazel99(m): 2:32am On Aug 11, 2022
The solution to all these is to make Nigeria great.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Family Die In Accident On Benin/Auchi Express, Traveling For Christmas. Graphic / Photos From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos- Metronaija / What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.