Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 2 (13817 Views)

Dominic Onyekachi Creates Digital Collection Of African Stories For Kids - CNN / Alpha Luke (werewolf stories) / Alpha Squad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 by everton4life(m): 10:10am On Aug 10, 2022
!! cool

1 Like

Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 10:13am On Aug 10, 2022
Sy

2 Likes

Re: 2 by oluwatosin070: 2:57pm On Aug 10, 2022
Seat booked�
Re: 2 by Xandrose(m): 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2022
Waiting patiently with my popcorn .
Re: 2 by Lamize: 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2022
Yeah, we are ready to embark on this blockburster journey with you.

Ride on Op!
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 3:36pm On Aug 10, 2022
Blesstar, Yungbanks, Jupitre, youngbruzzy, Tina11, Ice4jez, youngest12, abdulreheem, MDBrand, samfrancis1, pyro10, doctorexcel,idmicheal20, Ofez, blake755 Bigdaddy1111

You've been summoned angry
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 3:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
Xandrose:
Waiting patiently with my popcorn .
Lamize:
Yeah, we are ready to embark on this blockburster journey with you.

Ride on Op!
oluwatosin070:
Seat booked�
welcome cool
Re: 2 by annayawchee: 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2022
Ok o

We move

Nice one boss
Re: 2 by Tina11: 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2022
I'm here ooo thanks for the mention. This vol 2 is definitely gonna be tougher
Re: 2 by Ofez: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2022
Thanks for the mention
Re: 2 by Ice4jez(m): 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2022
everton4life:
Blesstar, Yungbanks, Jupitre, youngbruzzy, Tina11, Ice4jez, youngest12, abdulreheem, MDBrand, samfrancis1, pyro10, doctorexcel,idmicheal20, Ofez, blake755 Bigdaddy1111

sir everyon4life I humbly report for duty sir
Re: 2 by jupitre(m): 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2022
I've landed....
Good to be back
Re: 2 by samfrancis1(m): 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2022
My seat belt is fasten.. I believe the journey is about to begin
Re: 2 by Blesstar(f): 11:54pm On Aug 10, 2022
everton4life:

I don land! grin

oluwatosin070, pls adjust so I can sit with you. wink
Xandrose, pls can I have some of your popcorn

*sitting comfortably*

Everton4life, pls carry on cheesy
Re: 2 by Blake755: 7:21am On Aug 11, 2022
everton4life:

Make I grab sit
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 10:19am On Aug 11, 2022
CHAPTER 1

even more beautiful than the last time. Her black

4 Likes

Re: 2 by Tuhndhay(m): 12:27pm On Aug 11, 2022
Bro. .... When are you going to complete Dark Mysteries, please
Re: 2 by abovenani(m): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2022
You are doing well man, waiting for the next episode
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2022
Tuhndhay:
Bro. .... When are you going to complete Dark Mysteries, please
It has been completed since two years ago Na.
Re: 2 by pyro10(m): 7:34pm On Aug 11, 2022
Here we go
Re: 2 by Blake755: 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2022
everton4life:
CHAPTER 1

Gerard pushed passed the throng of bodies and made his way towards the counter. It was quite a hassle as the smell of smoke and sweat invaded his nostrils. The club was quite rowdier and stuffer than usual today. Probably because it was approaching weekend. Everywhere he twisted his body to, he collided with at least two bodies. It was such a hassle.
After what seemed like ages, he finally reached the counter where the familiar face of the young bartender grinned at him.
"Big G." The bartender greeted. "It's been ages. I almost thought you forgot about this place."
"No." Gerard shook his head with a small laugh. "Why would I? I've just been occupied lately."
"Really?" The bartender gave him a curious look. "With what? Nothing serious, I hope."
Gerard pursed his lips in a thin line. His gaze shifted downwards to the counter and a lost look appeared along his features. The bartender noticed the change and coughed akwardly.
"So, the usual?" He asked, changing the subject.
"Yeah." Gerard smiled in gratitude.
The bartender nodded and ducked downwards, reappearing moments later with a bottle of bourbon and a glass.
"Here you go." He poured a drink and passed it to Gerard.
"It's rowdier than usual today." Gerard took a swig and shifted his gaze to the lively crowd.
"Yeah. I guess everyone is excited about the summer or something." The bartender shrugged. "Plus the fact that today is a Friday. I guess everyone wants to party their way into the weekend. Either way, more money for the club."
The bartender punctuated the last sentence with a laugh and a wink. Gerard chuckled softly and pulled out a note.
"Here." He dropped it on the table. "Keep the change."
"Thanks." The bartender saluted, taking the money.
Gerard grunted and made his way through the crowd to a secluded corner. His spot was empty as always. He sat down and observed the crowd.
"Typical." He muttered under his breath as he watched a group dance rather erotically.
'They're so lucky.' He thought. 'They never have to worry about danger. Unlike my kind...'
He paused in his thoughts as a familiar scent was detected. Narrowing his eyes at the entrance, he saw Richard walk in. He watched intrigued as the doctor looked around the club as if looking for someone. Their eyes finally met and Richard walked over through the crowd.
"Hey." Richard greeted as he sat by the opposite end of the table.
"Hey." Gerard replied.
"What's going on with you?" Richard queried. "You haven't been picking your calls. You're rarely at home. I figure this would be the last place you would be."
"Sorry, I've been kind of overwhelmed lately." Gerard replied with a heavy sigh.
"I'll say. You looked like you haven't shaved in years." Richard said, referencing his friends appearance. "You could be competing with big foot in the next few years."
"Thanks, I feel a lot better." Gerard rolled his eyes.
"Glad I could help." Richard grinned maliciously.
Silence grew between the two friends. Richard could see a lost look on Gerard's face and felt a bit of pity overcome him. He must have really been dealing with a lot.
"So how's our little Alpha?" Richard said, bringing his friend's attention back to the present.
"Still hasn't shown up in school." Gerard replied. " And he barely leaves his home."
"How's your niece taking it?"
"The best way she can. She visits him daily. I think that should suffice for now. He needs all the time he can to heal."
Richard paused as he digested the information. Three months had passed since that shocking revelation. While Kyle was laid to rest afterwards, Jeremy had withdrawn into a thick shell. Coming to school regularly was no longer a thing for him. It was minimised to four times a week. Then thrice. Then he just disappeared for a whole month afterwards.
"It's been three months." Richard smiled sadly. "Time really does fly. What bugs me is the fact that no news of Dominic has surfaced till now. Why hasn't he made his move yet?"
"With Dominic, you never can tell." Gerard said. "I guess he wants us all to let our guard down."
He took off his glasses and wiped them with a handkerchief.
"Damn vampires." He muttered under his breath.
"Speaking of vampires." Richard gave his friend a knowing look. "What are you doing towards your little....'situation?' "
"I don't know, man." Gerard groaned helplessly, putting his glasses back on. "I don't know. I haven't seen her since then. This keeps getting harder and harder. Sometimes I come here hoping to see her again like I did the first time. I really want to get this over with. Why the hell is my mate a vampire? How could the thing that took Cecilia away be the very thing to replace her. This makes no damn sense!"
Gerard gripped the edge of the table and it snapped. His cheeks had puffed up and his eyes glowed behind his glasses.
"Hey, calm down." Richard looked around frantically. "Are you trying to blow our cover?"
Thankfully, no one paid attention to them. The occupants of the club were rather interested in the fun around them
Gerard closed his eyes and took deep breaths. Opening them, they were back to normal.
"Better." Richard sighed. "Have you told Gabi?"
"I think my brother already has enough on his plate." Gerard deadpanned. "He believes Mandy is the potential Luna now that she's mated to Jeremy."
"It doesn't change anything. " Richard shook his head. "This is even more trivial than Mandy and Jeremy. We've been at war with vampires for ages and now one of them is mated to one of our kind. Think about it. Because..."
Richard paused as he detected a new and familiar scent. A growl escaped his lips and his eyes flashed a dangerous gold. Gerard, who had detected it too, turned around to face the entrance. His heart skipped as the owner of the scent steeped in.
Dahlia had stepped into the club, a small frown on her face at the sight of the sweaty dancing mass before her. Gerard felt a warm feeling overflow him. She looked even more beautiful than the last time. Her black hair was tied upwards in a neat bun. She wore a black jacket over black tight pants and a black scarf was wrapped around her shoulders. Her full red lips were shaped in a pout and her sharp brown irises stood out on her pale face. But Gerard knew those brown eyes were just a cover for the true red.
He watched her walk through the crowd and make her way towards the bar. She hadn't seen them yet. A growl brought his attention to his friend and he saw the dangerous look in his eyes.
"Richard!" Gerard snapped.
Richard ignored him, still glowering at the woman. His fists were clenched.
"Richard!" Gerard repeated in a more warning tone.
"Sorry." Richard sighed, his eyes back to normal. "Can't help it. Instincts, you know."
"Yeah, I get." Gerard turned his gaze back to Dahlia. She now had a glass of drink in her hand. A guy from the crowd had approached her but she turned him down with a sweet smile.
"Well, there's your woman." Richard said.
"Could you not say it like that?" Gerard frowned at him.
"What? Technically, she is." Richard shrugged innocently. "I mean you said you've been coming around here trying to find her, right?"
"Yeah, to sort this out and get out of this ridiculous fate once and for all." Gerard replied.
Dahlia had dropped the glass on the table. She glance around and her eyes landed on the two friends. A look of disbelief momentarily crossed her face before she wiped it off. She stood up and briskly made her way to the other exit of the club.
"Well, she's a social one." Richard snorted, watching the door close after her.
Gerard stood up and made for the door.
"Gerard." He heard Richard call behind him. "Need back up?"
He turned around and face his friend with a brow raised.
"You know, in case things get ugly." Richard clarified with a shrug.
"No. But thanks, anyway. I've got it handled." Gerard replied.
Richard gave him a thumbs up and he made his way out of the club.
The cold wind hit Gerard squarely in the face as soon as he stepped out into the alley way. He was undeterred by it however, as werewolves body temperature were higher than the regular human's. So the cold was a bit of a welcoming reprieve. He heard someone clear her throat to his right and he turned to that direction. Dahlia leaned by the wall with a passive look on her face.
"You." He growled, walking towards her.
"We meet again." Her silky voice echoed as he stood in front of her.
"I suppose it was inevitable." She added with a mild shrug.
"What the hell are you doing here?" He narrowed his eyes at her.
"What does it look like?" A frown crossed her face at the silly question. "Obviously, I came to get a drink."
"Of course, you would." Gerard laughed bitterly. "After all the innocent lives you and your kind have claimed during the years. It would be fitting to come around and enjoy yourself."
A hurt look appeared on Dahlia's eyes for a split second but she quickly shook it off.
"You think I enjoy what I do?" She snapped. "You think I just wanted to come and fight that day. I never wanted to be part of that."
"Yet, you were by some mysterious chance. An innocent kid was killed three months ago by Dominic. I'm sure you know him." Gerard gave her a pointed look.
"Yes." She muttered. "He's my brother."
"What?!" Gerard gasped.
"Sooner or later, you would have known." Dahlia folded her arms and looked away. "Considering the recent development between us."
Gerard's eyes flashed a bit. He growled and stepped forward towards her until very little space was left between them. Her intoxicating scent filled his nostrils but he managed to hold it off.
"Tell me something." He said. "What is your plan?"
"What do you mean?" She asked, a pink hue coating her cheeks at their close proximity.
"First, I imprint on you during a bloody battle and then your brother kills a young boy. One of the very people I care about. What am I supposed to make of this?" He gritted his teeth.
"Do you think you're the only one suffering emotionally?" Dahlia retorted, getting into his face.
Gerard was taken aback.
"Every night I'm totured by memories of your face." She continued, her eyes watering a bit. "I see you in my dreams and when I'm awake. I see you in my mirror when I want to start the day. Then the pains of knowing a child lost his life because of my brother's depravity is another thing to bear. I may have done terrible things in the past, but what I will never do is take the life of a child. Now I come here to find solace and I see your face. The face that haunts my peace and fill my heart with things I cannot fanthom. So no, you aren't the only one suffering pains."
Gerard studied her face. A feeling within told him she was telling the truth.
"There's is only one way to end this right now." She continued and leaned forward to him.
"Reject me." Her fresh breath filled his nostrils. "Reject me and let's become the enemies we were destined to be."
"Why don't you reject me?" He countered.
"Because that is not how it works and you know it." She rolled her eyes. "I may not be a werewolf but I know quite a lot of things about them. It would only work if I was a female werewolf. But now that I'm not, it's your decision to make."
Gerard was silent.
"Do it." She commanded.
He hesitated as thoughts filled him. One of the reasons for his sleepless nights was right before him.He could end this right now and they could go back to being mortal enemies. Then they could probably fight to the death. All he had to do was reject her and he would never see that face again. That well sculpted face...with those beautiful brown eyes...and those seductive red lips. And that scent. The scent that could drive a man to his knees.....
"Damn it!" Gerard roared and backed away from her to her utter shock.
He punched the full in frustration and she heard a sickening crack from his fists. He had broken at least two of his fingers but it obviously didn't faze him. He leaned his head on the wall, his back facing her.
"I can't." She heard him whisper softly. "I..I..just can't."
He shut his eyes tight. Why was this so difficult? He heard her walk carefully towards him.
"Your hand." He heard her speak. "Let me see it."
Sighing, he turned around and faced her. She stretched out her hand, a calm look on her face. He relented and dropped his now damaged hand. His middle and third finger had welts across. She sighed as rubbed them with her other hand. Gerard's breathing had calmed down as he saw the focused gaze on her face on his fingers. He shivered a bit at her cold touch.
"You should not have done that." She admonished gently.
"It'll heal." He scoffed. "Give it an hour."
"If it was my case, it would be seconds." She kept her gaze on his hand in hers.
"Is that supposed to wound my ego?" He frowned.
"Probably." A smirk appeared on her lips.
She looked up at him and he couldn't help but manage a smile of his own.
"I'm Dahlia." She said, releasing his hand. "Dahlia Grigore."
"Gerard White." He replied with a nod.
Silence filled the alley. Gerard momentarily wondered if Richard would be worried by now. He was surprised the doctor hadn't burst out from the door.
"So what happens now?" He faced Dahlia.
"I don't know." She huffed lightly.
She reached forward and placed a palm over his chest.
"I don't know what fate has for us." She added. "But I'm not going to defy it."
Sending him a small smile, she pulled back and walked away towards the end of the alley.
"Dahlia." He called and she paused. She didn't turn around.
"Will i see you again?" He hoped he didn't sound pathetic.
She turned around and looked at him squarely.
"If fate wills it." She smiled.
She resumed her walk until she disappeared out of the alley. Gerard leaned towards the wall and sighed.
"What in the full moon's name just happened now?" He wondered aloud.

Bring it on honestly I feel sorry for Jeremy angry angry
Re: 2 by Blesstar(f): 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2022
Thanks for the update Everton4life.. cheesy

I wonder how this union between a werewolf and a vampire is supposed to work. undecided
Re: 2 by samfrancis1(m): 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2022
Oil deh your head Everton4lyf….
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 9:02am On Aug 12, 2022
samfrancis1:
Oil deh your head Everton4lyf….
smiley

1 Like

Re: 2 by pyro10(m): 9:59am On Aug 12, 2022
Even tho not invited... we're here grin grin

+

Loudhitsdiff
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2022
pyro10:
Even tho not invited... we're here grin grin

+

Loudhitsdiff
everton4life:

undecided
Re: 2 by MDBrand: 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2022
Re: 2 by samfrancis1(m): 5:56pm On Aug 12, 2022
This story deh sweet my mind even if popcorn no deh
Re: 2 by idmicheal20: 2:54am On Aug 13, 2022
Nice one boss

Thanks for the mention
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2022
idmicheal20:
Nice one boss

Thanks for the mention
smiley
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2022
cool hmmm
Re: 2 by everton4life(m): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2022
Happy Sunday, pals smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Islamic Short Stories / Beauty Personified / "Nwa Aba Na City" (a Pidgin Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.