Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency (12743 Views)

Funeral Service Of Rotimi Akeredolu In Pictures / 2023: Rotimi Amaechi Is My Project For Presidency - Senator Ali Ndume / 2023: Rotimi Amaechi Is Healthy, Should Become President – Senator Kadiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by TMSMedia: 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ou9GBzGnE

Rotimi Akeredolu Supports Tinubu And Obi, Insists On Southern Presidency In 2023
(Video)

"If Peter Obi is elected, that would be alright... if Bola Tinubu is elected, that would be alright "- Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, insists on southern presidency in 2023

Rotimi Akeredolu, governor of Ondo and member of All Progressives Congress (APC), says he won’t have any objection if Peter Obi, presidential candidate of Labour Party (LP), wins the 2023 election, IGBERETV reports.

Akeredolu spoke on Wednesday in an interview on Channels Television.

Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the APC and Peter Obi are both from the southern region of the country.

Many times, Akeredolu has insisted that the presidency must go to the south, since President Muhammadu Buhari, whose tenure will be completed in 2023, is from the north.

Asked if he would have supported a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket if he was in the opposition party, the Ondo governor said religion should not be an issue in the 2023 elections.

“I would have said the same thing. If you had listened to my lecture today, I was very clear. I said that religion is not the issue now,” he said.

“We have other issues that should be on the front burner today in this country — issue of restructuring, issue of rotational presidency, among others.

“I said, ‘look, since 1999, there is an understanding that we will move from north to south — rotate the presidency’. And if today, we have people who want to deploy what I call manipulation of our people on religious basis to think that they can change this (call for southern presidency), then we should not accept it.

“For me, it is not because of asiwaju Bola Tinubu. If you listened to my lecture, I said if Obi is elected as president, for me, that will be all right. If Bola Tinubu is elected, that will be all right. For me, it must come to the south; that is the position.”

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2022
I stand with Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu.

It's the turn of the South and there's nothing anyone can do about it.. If you think otherwise, I dare you to mention just One state Atiku Abubakar will score up to 60% of votes.... Just ONE.
Someone who was shouting North's turn in 2011 & 2015 does not deserve the support of SE/SS in 2023..
SE/SS won't waste their votes for someone who lost his poling unit and even relied on the votes of same SE/SS resident in Adamawa to win his own state in 2019.

Tinibu will win him in North, Obi will disgrace him in the South..

At the end of it all. God's anointed will carry the day.

I'm Obidient and Yusuful....

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Bodexman(m): 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2022
That has always been his position

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Kaiser20: 10:57pm On Aug 10, 2022
Smart man Akeredolu, he has
already predicted that Peter Obi is the best candidate for 2023, since APC has messed up the country since 2015.
I wish all the governors in SW can emulate Akeredolu

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Malory: 10:58pm On Aug 10, 2022
No wonder that an Igbo woman is his wife.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Smithkafors(m): 10:59pm On Aug 10, 2022
Youths wake up..... Collect ur money country back.

47 Likes

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Abfinest007(m): 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2022
Others are like"handbag
Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Agricaddict(m): 11:07pm On Aug 10, 2022
Tinubu is a dirty politician, agreed

Atiku is a dirty politician, agreed

What of Peter Obi, is he the clean one?

That man never conducted Local Government election for 8 years, that is pretty undemocratic and monopolistic, he is a regular politician we see on the news everyday, if he likes, he can go and visit JF Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln, or even George Washington, that doesn't solve our problems

He is a sectional (SE) Presidential candidate, he paid salaries abi, Ogun kee you there,

What did PO do in Anambra to think he can solve Nigeria problem? Everyday you keep seeing people relocate from that dirty state to Lagos or Osun or Oyo, this bastard even left Anambra State for Lagos, the state where he was governor for 8 years is not habitable for him, he is just an ordinary Igbo agenda, not a Nigeria thing, it is why he is going to massively fail in February, no one will ever support these bastards agenda, idiots.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by JealousCobra(m): 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2022
Am giving him the Igbo title "Odugwu".

Odugwu has spoken, this a true son of omulabi grin

I bin no like him but with dis he don earn my support grin urchins stay clear.

The clown above me should take a cold bath and nakedly go hug and kiss a nearby transformer.

Culled from one NL female @ highlighted.

From an Obidient comrade.

11 Likes

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Thanos5555: 5:13am On Aug 11, 2022
shocked
Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by francisMKD(m): 5:13am On Aug 11, 2022
Oga rest already...and be OBIdient and Yuseful...

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Johnrake69: 5:13am On Aug 11, 2022
Vote Peter Obi for Presidency

13 Likes

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by owiko(m): 5:14am On Aug 11, 2022
Hope you are not believing we'd survive on Agbado and Cassava for four years?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by observer88: 5:14am On Aug 11, 2022
“For me, it is not because of asiwaju Bola Tinubu. If you listened to my lecture, I said if Obi is elected as president, for me, that will be THE BEST! If Bola Tinubu is elected, that will be all right. For me, it must come to the south; that is the position.”

This is his true position.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by adecz: 5:16am On Aug 11, 2022
APC continues to perpetrate the lie
that religion Isn't an issue in Nigerian
politics.

Will Muslims ☪️in Nigeria ever accept a
Christian-Christian✝️✝️ ticket❓❓

Today, state governments in the north
are openly fighting Christian businesses
in the name of religion and they are
slowly taking the fight to Abuja by
closing entertainment centers.

Wait until we have a Muslim-muslim
government. They will ban sales of
alcoholic beverages in FCT and ban it's
advertisement on TV and billboards.

They will then insist that all women going
into government facilities must cover
their hair.

Na small by small dem go dey do am. ☹️☹️

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Nobody: 5:16am On Aug 11, 2022
Over sense dey worry diz man..

Atiku should have freed the ticket for obi and wike, make dem slug it out, we know sey na whitewash go end am, by now him-tu-lie suppose dey chill for FMC now...
Atiku greed don split the party into three now, thereby making the contest a free ride for tinubu..

2015, it takes 4 parties merging together to unsit a rulling party
2023, party wey wan unsit rulling party still dey split into three, is God not wonderful?

Congrat in advance BAT

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by aariwa(m): 5:17am On Aug 11, 2022
Aketi is making sense. Ignore an Ondo man at your own peril .The problem that consumed shagari 2nd republic started from there. Remember he was the one the started Amotekun and insisted presidency will come to the south which northern APC governors complied with. Atiku and PDP didn’t want to respect the zoning agreement that had been in place since 1999. Parties adopted that after the way the north treated MKO Abiola and that was the reason all the northern presidential aspirants stepped down for Ekwueme and Obj in 1999 PDP primaries, same reason OBJ stood ibori, Odili, duke and co down for yaradua, same reason southern candidates supported Atiku in 2019. Buhari is a Fulani still in power and Atiku another Fulani wants to take over and do another 8 years…wonder how that sounds to him

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by tillaman(m): 5:19am On Aug 11, 2022
sad
Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by kingthreat(m): 5:20am On Aug 11, 2022
It is the turn of the region in the South who have been most loyal to the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Not that part of Nigeria that wants secession while enjoying benefits from every part of Nigeria. Not the part of Nigeria that insults their hosts while their region wallows with erosion and underdevelopment.
Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Winters23: 5:21am On Aug 11, 2022
grin
Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by foolbuster: 5:22am On Aug 11, 2022
Agricaddict:

That man never conducted Local Government election for 8 years, that is pretty undemocratic and monopolistic, he is a regular politician we see on the news everyday, if he likes, he can go and visit JF Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln, or even George Washington, that doesn't solve our problems

He is a sectional (SE) Presidential candidate, he paid salaries abi, Ogun kee you there,

What did PO do in Anambra to think he can solve Nigeria problem? Everyday you keep seeing people relocate from that dirty state to Lagos or Osun or Oyo, this bastard even left Anambra State for Lagos, the state where he was governor for 8 years is not habitable for him, he is just an ordinary Igbo agenda, not a Nigeria thing, it is why he is going to massively fail in February, no one will ever support these bastards agenda, idiots.

Cry me a River. Continue writing book you hear? grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Doyou2019: 5:22am On Aug 11, 2022
Agricaddict:

Why are you so uncouth? Monicker says you're 'agricaddict', but your comment suggests you're high on something really bad. More like a drug addict, if you ask me.
No offence.

10 Likes

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 11, 2022
If not that Arakunrin is in APC, he would have said clearly that Peter Obi is the main person that he chooses. The right man to lead Nigeria to greatness.

But that would be anti-party activity, so he smartly added BATs name.

Did you notice how he smartly mentioned Obi's name first! Clearly Obi his first choice.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Tribal: 5:28am On Aug 11, 2022
Sure Man!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Abujason: 5:29am On Aug 11, 2022
Will you getat my friend! People can read through that your coded language. Southern president is your coded word for Tinubu. Ain’t nobody byuying that your crap. You have never advocated for a true Southern candidate so forget that shit! We ain’t dealing bro.
Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by mycar: 5:30am On Aug 11, 2022
Agricaddict:

Tell me one state that ever conducted local government election and have any opposition party won a single local government, Nigeria politics made local government election the last so that it is winner takes it all. Do they even elect, all I have seen so far is selection except Abuja.
Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by Kobicove(m): 5:34am On Aug 11, 2022
I fully support this stand.

The north has had it's turn, it is now the turn of the south.
Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by parkervero(m): 5:34am On Aug 11, 2022
Peter Obi is best fit for the job

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by adioolayi(m): 5:35am On Aug 11, 2022
Vote Sowore..

Even if he won't win..

Vote clear conscience..

1 Like

Re: 2023: Rotimi Akeredolu Insists On Southern Presidency by kuntoid: 5:36am On Aug 11, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soil Test For Abia’s 35,000 FIFA-Approved Stadium Begins – Commissioner / Akpabio Dissociates Self From Allegation Of Bribing Tribunal / Ahmad Lawan: Non-Performing Service Chiefs Can Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.