Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) (18677 Views)

My Uneducated Girl Friend / Famous People Who Waited Until Marriage To Lose Their Virginity / What Are The Advantage And Disadvantages Of Arranged Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Johnbosco7: 11:28am On Aug 04, 2011
Fellow Nairalanders, I am a working class graduate in love with this Uneducated girl who to my surprise speaks English fluently, but can not even read or write and she has refused to go back to school to complete her secondary school.
She has been so caring since I met her. I am about proposing to her but will like to know the advantages and disadvantages if at all it is worth it.
I am also scared if she will be able to impact any knowledge on my children since she can neither read nor write. Pls your advise.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by MMM2(m): 11:38am On Aug 04, 2011
take her 2 skool 9ite angry
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Johnbosco7: 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2011
She refused to go back to school, saying that should be for her children.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by pleep(m): 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2011
Wow that's interesting. There might be some respect issues with the children. Seeing as they will soon become more educated than her.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Advocator: 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2011
_ - _ deleted!
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by switosman(m): 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2011
You want her to go back to school?
Simple! make her love you so much then threaten to quit the relationship unless she goes to school.

I tried this and it worked. my wife is in her 3rd year part time studies and she is loving every bit of it. I try to make available her school fees.

if you let her be, then be ready to get embarrassed at any opportunity you find urself in public with her.

1 Like

Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Advocator: 9:32pm On Aug 04, 2011
- _ -
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Pweety4me(f): 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2011
Go back to secondary schooL? how young old is she?
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by femmy2010(m): 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2011
Johnbosco7:

Fellow Nairalanders, I am a working class graduate in love with this Uneducated girl who to my surprise speaks English fluently, but can not even read or write and she has refused to go back to school to complete her secondary school.
She has been so caring since I met her. I am about proposing to her but will like to know the advantages and disadvantages if at all it is worth it.
I am also scared if she will be able to impact any knowledge on my children since she can neither read nor write. Pls your advise.

Hope her name is not Ruth Akpan?

Love is what matters most.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 05, 2011
@poster
if she is not willing to educate herself for the good of your r/ship then i suggest you not marry  this damsel.
how can she be a great mother and help the damn kids with their homework if she cant even read or write?
if she is not willing to put SHAME aside for the better of your union then you best stay away from such destructive person who rather pretend to be who they are not (with perfect English) instead of SOLVING THE PROBLEM MATURELY!

how can there be any advantages of marrying an uneducated person?!

1 Like

Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Mynd44: 8:31am On Aug 05, 2011
switosman:

You want her to go back to school?
Simple! make her love you so much then threaten to quit the relationship unless she goes to school.

I tried this and it worked. my wife is in her 3rd year part time studies and she is loving every bit of it. I try to make available her school fees.

if you let her be, then be ready to get embarrassed at any opportunity you find urself in public with her.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by femmy2010(m): 8:47am On Aug 05, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
if she is not willing to educate herself for the good of your r/ship then i suggest you not marry  this damsel.
how can she be a great mother and help the damn kids with their homework if she cant even read or write?
if she is not willing to put SHAME aside for the better of your union then you best stay away from such destructive person who rather pretend to be who they are not (with perfect English) instead of SOLVING THE PROBLEM MATURELY!

how can there be any advantages of marrying an uneducated person?!

Does that means an UN-educated mothers cant make a good mother?
My grand mother was not an educated one but made sure my dad and his siblings had the very best of education then.
I think knowing her priority and her disposition towards the education of her unborn children coupled with how intense the feeling you both share is what matters most.
Been able to read and write is great but frankly it doesn't make a good mother a lesser one.

It is your choice poster.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by skittles18(f): 9:04am On Aug 05, 2011
Femmy i agree with what your saying but what happens if something bad happens to him and she dosen't have the money help pay for the medical bills. Example: My mom's friend friend went to africa with her husband to africa to bury her mom. She husband was posioned and he died there. Now she is stuck with triplets and a son in college. She's dosen't even have a job, she's stuck all by herself. So, to the poster you need to tell her to back and get her education.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by femmy2010(m): 11:32am On Aug 05, 2011
skittles18:

Femmy i agree with what your saying but what happens if something bad happens to him and she dosen't have the money help pay for the medical bills. Example: My mom's friend friend went to africa with her husband to africa to bury her mom. She husband was posioned and he died there. Now she is stuck with triplets and a son in college. She's dosen't even have a job, she's stuck all by herself. to the poster you need to tell her to back and get her education.

Heard the chairman of Famous Doyin Group of Company cant used the bottom of a bottle to write O and yet he is a a mufti-Millionaire and same can be said about many a great Market woman in the famous Balogun/idumota markets in Lagos.
I am a strong supporter of an employed house wife so she cant be left with too much to carry should the worst happens.(God Forbid).
She can go into business and still make it very big in spite of her un-educated tag.
Frankly,another major addition to Nigeria's educational problem is laying too much emphasis on certification which in-turn create this scramble for it.
Whatever she is good at,she should do it best.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by agog: 11:46am On Aug 05, 2011
If she cannot read nor write, a secondary school should not be her starting point. She should start from the nursery/primary school and if she dont want to, because of jests from pupils/teachers, then you can employ the service of a private tutor for her.
But by and large, not having education does not make her a dummy. Love is the primary thing here. The wife of India leader Mahatma Ghandi whom his parents married for him when they were both 13 years old was uneducated, but her exploits are indelible in India till today.
Johnbosco7:

Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by 3direct: 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
google this,
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2011
Its kind of risky, the world is moving at lightening speed and you need to meet up,there are no reasonable excuses 4 not getting educated unless you and the woman are both MADE.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Mynd44: 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2011
What femmy said reminds me of an interview I saw on channels. The woman been interviewed is the chairperson of the Ikorodu market women association. She cannot speak a word in English but she has about 15 markets under her
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by kizito96(m): 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2011
My brother i fell into that trap due to " honour your father and mother so that your days may be long". Its terrible
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 05, 2011
femmy2010:

Does that means an UN-educated mothers cant make a good mother?
My grand mother was not an educated one but made sure my dad and his siblings had the very best of education then.
I think knowing her priority and her disposition towards the education of her unborn children coupled with how intense the feeling you both share is what matters most.
Been able to read and write is great but frankly it doesn't make a good mother a lesser one.

It is your choice poster.

a great mother is someone who will do whatever it takes to CARE for the family, ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN. now if EMBARRASSMENT stops this person from doing what's RIGHT, then she definitely wont be a great mother.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Johnbosco7: 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2011
Thank you all for the advise, because it has been so helpful to me. I think i have to let her be because she strongly believe that it is not possible for her to able to read and write even when i have agreed to bear the responsibility of sending her to school. Pls not that she is at her early twenty while i am at my late twenty.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Cuteobi(f): 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2011
DANGER
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by gsbn1: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2011
In my experience it can be those with the highest education that can be the most ignorant and be shocking husbands and parents.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by femmy2010(m): 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

a great mother is someone who will do whatever it takes to CARE for the family, ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN. now if EMBARRASSMENT stops this person from doing what's RIGHT, then she definitely wont be a great mother.

From what the OP said,i do not think the lady is embarrassed but seems more like education is not just for her(Good for one to follow his/her mind).
The Guy saw her the way she is and if okay with her,no problem starting a family with her.

Remember the OP said she speaks good English?
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 05, 2011
^how can "education" not be for her?! are you saying that she is too dumb to learn how to read and write?
have you ever met people like that? it doesnt exist. . . . . . . . . yes, some will have a harder time to learn, or have difficulties while learning BUT THEY WILL LEARN eventually. the fact that this damsel has giving up on the idea also shows the type of person she is, while i am sure she will be an expert in sms typing BS language etc

the reason is that she stopped school so long ago and, now in her 20s, she doesnt "understand" the need for a basic education (simply because she managed until now)

unless she expects to never work in an office or any type of job where she is required to READ then i'd say good luck for her.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Mynd44: 3:19am On Aug 06, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Surryt: 5:50am On Aug 06, 2011
If she cant read nor right is better to dump her if she refused coz i wonder why a graduate wil get married to such a lady
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Tosinville(m): 8:03am On Aug 06, 2011
^^You're still a kid, wat is the guarantee ur fellow graduate will make a good housewife?

OP, just try to make her love you more if you truly love her, i bet she'll eventually go back to school just because of you, but secondary sch ke?lol abeg o!, adult education will be more preferable.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by femmy2010(m): 8:08am On Aug 06, 2011
Tosinville:

^^You're still a kid, wat is the guarantee your fellow graduate will make a good housewife?

OP, just try to make her love you more if you truly love her, i bet she'll eventually go back to school just because of you, but secondary sch ke?lol abeg o!, adult education will be more preferable.

Abi oo.
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by xamphara: 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2011
i dnt know wat advantages but i kno the disadvantages
1- she cant b a good model to ur kids, at least educationwise
2- her xposure may b so poor that she is likely to endanger ur social/political/security interests,
3- she is likely to have 'cultural thinkings' thots associated with her background
4- she cant take ur kids good lessons to enhance their public/social behaviour
, more to come laira
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by DadLolade(m): 11:42pm On Aug 17, 2011

U may live to regret it.
U may not be able to change 80% of the LOCAL ideology.
And it could be very very irritating.

If u can , then go ahead.

A word is enough for the WISE !!!

Good luck
Re: Marriage To Uneducated Girl (advantages And Disadvantages) by Mynd44: 5:39am On Aug 18, 2011
xamphara:

i dnt know wat advantages but i kno the disadvantages
1- she cant b a good model to your kids, at least educationwise
2- her xposure may b so poor that she is likely to endanger your social/political/security interests,
3- she is likely to have 'cultural thinkings' thots associated with her background
4- she cant take your kids good lessons to enhance their public/social behaviour
, more to come laira

Dumb!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Had A Relationship Rival Before? / Torn Between Two Lovers / How To Know If A Guy Loves You OR Just Want To Sleep With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.