Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today (3139 Views)

10 Old Phones Nigerians Would Still Buy Today / 5 Best Android Phones You Can Go For In Early 2019 With A Budget Of 45k-50k / Top 5 Cheapest Small Phones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by Illusionale(m): 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2022
Save your money sir’s and ma’s for we are close to that time of year where if your phone is not 5G enabled, people will look at you as if you are poor, out of date and or wretched. soon people won’t ask you if your phone has three or four cameras, Instead what they will ask is “ is it 5G?” and if it is, you will answer proudly with your chest puffed up “yes” On the hand, if it is still 4g. Well- ehmm, boss, you and I know both know the story. Remember when 4G was newly released in Nigeria? hehehe, let’s keep it professional please.
MTN launches its 5G network spectrum on the 24th of this month. The news has been around for a long while now and this is why (if you paying much attention to your environment) everyday, you see loud-sweat covered DJs and bands of marketers advertising low priced 4G SIM cards and data/ Airtime bonuses. The launch is close and 4G SIM cards has to be phased out immediatement; and if you have been wondering whether you should buy one of those SIM cards, I would tell you No, hold out for now- soon they will be given out entirely for free that is of course, if you still want to get one of them.
That draws us back to the main topic, the cheapest 5G phones you could buy in this new era of Smart phones. There are some phones available from the major companies in the country; there’s the
1. Zero X from infinix which retails upwards of 99k to 145k (take note that Smartphone prices fluctuate a lot, so if you see one of these phones selling for 130k today, do not be surprised to see a N145, 000 price tag the following week!)
2. Tecno launched the Pova 5G which starts from 110k upwards.
3. The Tecno camon 19 pro retails at 190k upwards
4. The more known samsung A22 5G retails at around N102, 000

The bigger boys in the market; the Samsung, Oppo, Redmi , vivo flagships etcetera have a base price starting at about N220k - for the sake of content length, I decided not to detail them.
On the lesser known side of things- the sides with equally good or even better specs but sadly low availability of spare parts we have the;
1. Poco M3 pro; this phone which was released in 2021 has seriously monstrous specs and sells for just around N71, 000. (Another reason why I say Transsion has extremely unfair inflated prices, check out the Poco M3 pro online, I promise you will be shocked!)
If you have a website with device specs and prices, feel free to contact me to add the links here in the main post or you can comment them below.
2. Realme 8 5G, another monstrosity sells for around N83, 000 and features a mediatek dimensity 700 chipset.
Note- ( the two phones listed above are powered by the Mediatek dimensity 700 chipset which is a far better processor compared to Tecno’s Camon 19 Helio G95 processor and on top of that costs even less)
3. there’s also the Oppo A74 5G which has a snapdragon 480 5g chip and sells for around N112,000
These are the cheapest 5G devices you can buy at the moment, a lot more will certainly be released in the coming months.
Tech is advancing and so are we.

Have a nice day bosses.
-sparrow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by PrinceJoeWan(m): 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2022
For device specs, GSMARENA is your best bet!

Educative!
Thanks
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by 3Dii: 11:41pm On Aug 11, 2022
Transsions are ridiculously overpriced. At 170k, I could get a good Poco F3, which literally leaves the Camon 19 Pro in the dust in all aspects!

9 Likes

Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 8:07am On Aug 12, 2022
Illusionale:

1. Poco M3 pro; this phone which was released in 2021 has seriously monstrous specs and sells for just around N71, 000.

Have a nice day bosses.
-sparrow

Hello boss pls can you recommend a store where I can get this POCO M3 pro. thanks

1 Like

Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by Illusionale(m): 8:57am On Aug 12, 2022
Abdulquadrimuha:

Hello boss pls can you recommend a store where I can get this POCO M3 pro. thanks

You will have to check online stores
It will be difficult to find that phone in a physical retail store
I believe Jiji should have that phone
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by tafat: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2022
Nice info, good to know. Can't wait for 5G to come on smartwatches too. With the specs I'm seeing on the new Oraimo watch 2 pro, I expect their next release to have such amazing features.

Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by LordJoffrey(m): 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2022
Redmi Note 10 5g is waaaaay cheaper than all the phones u mentioned. Although it was released in 2020, it's still a killer
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by Illusionale(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2022
LordJoffrey:
Redmi Note 10 5g is waaaaay cheaper than all the phones u mentioned. Although it was released in 2020, it's still a killer

Redmi note 10 currently costs 127k
On jumia
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by LordJoffrey(m): 10:19am On Aug 14, 2022
Illusionale:

Redmi note 10 currently costs 127k
On jumia
That's on Jumia. It's cheaper on AliExpress
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by Inali: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
Illusionale:

Save your money sir’s and ma’s for we are close to that time of year where if your phone is not 5G enabled, people will look at you as if you are poor, out of date and or wretched. soon people won’t ask you if your phone has three or four cameras, Instead what they will ask is “ is it 5G?” and if it is, you will answer proudly with your chest puffed up “yes” On the hand, if it is still 4g. Well- ehmm, boss, you and I know both know the story. Remember when 4G was newly released in Nigeria? hehehe, let’s keep it professional please.
MTN launches its 5G network spectrum on the 24th of this month. The news has been around for a long while now and this is why (if you paying much attention to your environment) everyday, you see loud-sweat covered DJs and bands of marketers advertising low priced 4G SIM cards and data/ Airtime bonuses. The launch is close and 4G SIM cards has to be phased out immediatement; and if you have been wondering whether you should buy one of those SIM cards, I would tell you No, hold out for now- soon they will be given out entirely for free that is of course, if you still want to get one of them.
That draws us back to the main topic, the cheapest 5G phones you could buy in this new era of Smart phones. There are some phones available from the major companies in the country; there’s the
1. Zero X from infinix which retails upwards of 99k to 145k (take note that Smartphone prices fluctuate a lot, so if you see one of these phones selling for 130k today, do not be surprised to see a N145, 000 price tag the following week!)
2. Tecno launched the Pova 5G which starts from 110k upwards.
3. The Tecno camon 19 pro retails at 190k upwards
4. The more known samsung A22 5G retails at around N102, 000

The bigger boys in the market; the Samsung, Oppo, Redmi , vivo flagships etcetera have a base price starting at about N220k - for the sake of content length, I decided not to detail them.
On the lesser known side of things- the sides with equally good or even better specs but sadly low availability of spare parts we have the;
1. Poco M3 pro; this phone which was released in 2021 has seriously monstrous specs and sells for just around N71, 000. (Another reason why I say Transsion has extremely unfair inflated prices, check out the Poco M3 pro online, I promise you will be shocked!)
If you have a website with device specs and prices, feel free to contact me to add the links here in the main post or you can comment them below.
2. Realme 8 5G, another monstrosity sells for around N83, 000 and features a mediatek dimensity 700 chipset.
Note- ( the two phones listed above are powered by the Mediatek dimensity 700 chipset which is a far better processor compared to Tecno’s Camon 19 Helio G95 processor and on top of that costs even less)
3. there’s also the Oppo A74 5G which has a snapdragon 480 5g chip and sells for around N112,000
These are the cheapest 5G devices you can buy at the moment, a lot more will certainly be released in the coming months.
Tech is advancing and so are we.

Have a nice day bosses.
-sparrow
how is poco m3 pro 71k? Stop misleading people oga
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by Inali: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
LordJoffrey:

That's on Jumia. It's cheaper on AliExpress
how much is shipping?
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by Illusionale(m): 7:27am On Aug 15, 2022
Inali:
how is poco m3 pro 71k? Stop misleading people oga

You are brave, coming here to say I am misleading people
Where as you have not bothered to check the prices of the phone.
The poco M3 PRO starts at 70k, please check Amazon and convert prices
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by Illusionale(m): 7:28am On Aug 15, 2022
Inali:
how much is shipping?

Depends on where you are and how often you buy on jumia- discounts
I can get free delivery
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by gbeseun(m): 8:22am On Aug 15, 2022
Redmi note 10s 5G is a crap.th phone is a dual SIM phone but Glo network is t working on it at all.be it2g,3g,4g and 5g.miss buy for me
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by LordJoffrey(m): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2022
Inali:
how much is shipping?
Depends on the seller. Some ship for as low as 1k
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by Inali: 5:02pm On Aug 20, 2022
LordJoffrey:

Depends on the seller. Some ship for as low as 1k
really? From China to Nigeria for 1k? Abeg which seller have you used before?
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by Inali: 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2022
Illusionale:

Depends on where you are and how often you buy on jumia- discounts
I can get free delivery
wow! Damn
Re: 5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today by Inali: 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2022
Illusionale:

You are brave, coming here to say I am misleading people
Where as you have not bothered to check the prices of the phone.
The poco M3 PRO starts at 70k, please check Amazon and convert prices
I checked on Konga not Amazon

(1) (Reply)

Tor.project / TECNO L3 & M3 (brothers in arm) / :==> Tecno Y6 Full Phone Specifications & Price In Nigeria <==:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.