Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General (931 Views)

APC Unveils Gov Lalong As DG Campaign Council, Keyamo As Spokesperson / Osborn Nwaze, Governor Umahi's Son Who Was His Campaign Director / Tinubu Visited By Abdulmumeen Jibril, Femi Gbajabiamila Campaign Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by Newsbest(f): 1:19am On Aug 12, 2022
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Plateau State Chapter has warned politicians against using Christianity and the platform to promote their political interest.

Rovingupdates

Breaking News • Politics
BREAKING: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General
7 hours agoAdd Commentby rovingupdates0 Views

BREAKING: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Plateau State Chapter has warned politicians against using Christianity and the platform to promote their political interest.

How to Start and Run a Vlog Successfully
20 Hot Content Ideas for YouTubers
In an interview with the Nigerian Tribune, the CAN chairman in the state, Reverend Father Polycarp Lubo said that they never endorsed the appointment of Governor Simon Lalong as the Director General of Tinubu, Shettima Campaign Organisation.

Lubo also stated that the CAN was not part of those that received Lalong at the Yakubu Gowon Airport on arrival to the state after his appointment as the Director General of the campaign organisation.

His Statement:

“The governor is a member of CAN but the fact that 70 per cent of those that received him at the airport were Christians does not mean that we receive him as a body, they can be classified as Christian politicians. As the State CAN chairman, I was not there, my other executive members were not there as well, and I don’t know those who received him at the airport.

”His appointment has nothing to do with Christianity, Lalong was appointed simply because he is a party man. He was not given that appointment because he is a Christian or Catholic. We don’t have anything to do with that appointment, What power do I have to appoint him as the DG of a political campaign council? I am apolitical, I belong to no political party, the position was given to him by his party not CAN.

“So they should not bring us into it as if we lobby for him to be given that appointment, so what business do we have with his appointment, we are not bothered about that. Does CAN belong to APC?

Click below to read full details

https://rovingupdates.com/breaking-can-reacts-on-appointing-lalong-as-tinubus-campaign-director-general/

1 Like

Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by Electrochemistry(m): 2:03am On Aug 12, 2022
After the much awaited presidential election next year, APC and some evil politicians in Nigeria will have understood that no one sows evil seeds and reaps good fruits in the end.

You can't eat it and have it. Your investment in wickedness and injustice will surely mature into a woeful disappointment in due season.

Nigerians are never in a hurry; we shall all continue to wait upon the Lord for the day of your downfall.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by 666Advocate: 3:12am On Aug 12, 2022
Tinubu does not have good advisers.
He should have used lalong as his vice of whom is a popular northern christian in APC. Tinubu is really clueless.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by Gentino(m): 4:20am On Aug 12, 2022
Lalong is simply on his own. CAN has dissociated themselves from him and his insensitive appointment, very soon Catholic diocese of Jos would also do the same and chastise him.

APC keeps scoring own goals on all fronts.

5 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by mayklef(m): 4:27am On Aug 12, 2022
No competent northern Christian for VC,
but as for campaign DG, they found one
Funny Desperate People

2 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by Throwback: 4:29am On Aug 12, 2022
Gentino:
Lalong is simply on his own. CAN has dissociated themselves from him and his insensitive appointment, very soon Catholic diocese of Jos would also do the same and chastise him.

APC keeps scoring own goals on all fronts.

But CAN will willfully associate with other candidates?

This political CAN cannot be considered as serious.

Everything proceeding this shameless CAN cannot.

We will never embrace IPOBocrazy as democracy.

Naija no be SouthEast.
Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by LordMangekyo(m): 4:33am On Aug 12, 2022
Throwback:

But CAN will willfully associate with other candidates?

This political CAN cannot be considered as serious.

Everything proceeding this shameless CAN cannot.

We will never embrace IPOBocrazy as democracy.

Naija no be SouthEast.

You don take ogogoro / Kaikai this early morning, nor be so?
Na that shekpe dey cause your mental instability. Try borrow sense from your papa and delete this useless comment before the world sees it

2 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 12, 2022
Although I'm a Christian but this just got me laughing. I'm only waiting for the time same will shout Islamization when juicy appointments are given to the Muslims as rewards for their votes.
Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by Coolsperm: 6:12am On Aug 12, 2022
But why is Tinubu so desperate , thunder what are you doing right now, why don't you locate this old , about to die man
Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:24am On Aug 12, 2022
POLITICAL CAN OF WORMS

APC / BATISHE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PAINS

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by yyba: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2022
CAN is an organisation of silly guys claiming religious body. What is the business of CAN in a political parties affairs ?
Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by ajekpaks(m): 7:57am On Aug 12, 2022
okay
Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by Truthisunique2: 8:12am On Aug 12, 2022
yyba:
CAN is an organisation of silly guys claiming religious body. What is the business of CAN in a political parties affairs ?
when una start killing and jihading Christian's

It's the same CAN the christians would all be crying to speak out

But they shouldn't speak out when the political process that create these mess is about happening
Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by KingKO22: 8:22am On Aug 12, 2022
CAN are already wee wee on their body

CAN of PDP should declare their party logo do that we will knw their true color

Lalong was welcome by 70% Christians and you are sad bcs he didn't invite CAN officially grin

Frustration for Tinubu enemy

Jagaban for 2023 president
Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by ChangetheChange: 8:40am On Aug 12, 2022
The governor is a member of CAN but the fact that 70 per cent of those that received him at the airport were Christians does not mean that we receive him as a body, they can be classified as Christian politicians. As the State CAN chairman, I was not there, my other executive members were not there as well, and I don’t know those who received him at the airport.
APC are shameless
Tinubu and Shettimma and Lalong again still went to rent fake CAN officials to welcome Lalong back to Jos.
APC is an unrepentant satanic and a terorists party

Re: CAN Reacts On Appointing Lalong As Tinubu’s Campaign Director General by yyba: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2022
Truthisunique2:
when una start killing and jihading Christian's

It's the same CAN the christians would all be crying to speak out

But they shouldn't speak out when the political process that create these mess is about happening
they should tell the public they are now an organisation that will tell all political parties the candidate to choose or who to be giving party ticket

(1) (Reply)

Five Facts You Should Know About Ooni Of Ife's New Wife, Mariam Anako, Now / Tinubu's Surpporters Have Given Up Before Campaign Starts / PDP Reacts To Failed Bid To Stop Adeleke's Inauguration, Says Light Must Triumph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.