Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,048 members, 7,807,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting (26268 Views)

I’m 70, Few Months Older Than Kukah, Tinubu Restates Readiness To Serve Nigeria / FFK Shows Support For Tinubu/Shettima Ticket, Changes Twitter Header Picture / Edwin Clark: Tinubu/shettima Ticket Could Be Pointers To Islamise Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by Fira09(m): 7:46am On Aug 12, 2022
Tinubu-Shettima ticket unacceptable, we are waiting – Bishop Kukah

The Catholic Bishop of Sokoto, Matthew Hassan Kukah has condemned the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket.

Bishop Kukah described the ticket as reprehensible and unacceptable.

Speaking with Channels Television on Thursday, the Catholic Bishop insisted that the ticket was a setback to the country’s national integration.

Against the clamour of Nigerians, the APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu had picked Kashim Shettima as his running mate.

While Tinubu is a Muslim from the Southwest, Shettima is a Muslim from the North.

However, Kukah wondered if Muslims would accept a Christian-Christian presidential ticket.

He said Nigerians would wait to hear what they have to say when the campaign starts.

He said: “But moving forward, the question I have asked my friends who are Muslims, especially those who are from northern Nigeria, is a simple question: ‘Would Muslims in Nigeria or northern Nigeria be ready to make the same concession that Christians made in 1984 and 1993?

“I think that as a Christian, this is totally reprehensible. It is not acceptable to me, but that is the decision of the APC as a party. Perhaps, when the campaign starts, we will hear what people have to say.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/12/tinubu-shettima-ticket-unacceptable-we-are-waiting-bishop-kukah/

178 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by God1000(m): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2022
Apart from this terrible combination, please tell me one good reason why I should vote for APC again

The growing social polarization and privation, killings, kidnappings, ethno-religious conflicts under this party should bother you, even if it doesn't affect you.

ASUU strike is still on, any nairaland student still thinking of voting APC should seek urgent help, it means your mumu never do

477 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by nairavsdollars(f): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2022
Highly unacceptable. Tinubu thinks with his money, he can bribe Christian leaders and have his way

342 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by ThrownBack: 7:50am On Aug 12, 2022
Ok oo

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by Truthisunique2: 7:50am On Aug 12, 2022
Shebi Dem say kukah support Muslim Muslim abi "competence" as the idiots called it

Till election reach this issue won't finish, tinubu don lose 95% Christian votes

Yet the Muslims he needs their sympathy have not cum to his aid, they stand with fulani Muslim

233 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by Yoruba1stson: 7:50am On Aug 12, 2022
BAT is a moving train
Emilokan 1 is unstoppable

44 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by IamAtikulate: 7:50am On Aug 12, 2022
But Agbado people said he endorsed it

184 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by Truthisunique2: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2022
Wike is now fighting north by his resolve to take northernerns to court over their victory

Wamako have cautioned him to not kick rock to spite it

Hope tinubu knows the north would revolt more knowing fully well he is courting an open enemy of the man against their progress

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by Totilopussylick(m): 7:54am On Aug 12, 2022
God1000:
Apart from this terrible combination, please tell me one good reason why I should vote for APC again

ASUU strike is still on, any nairaland student still thinking of voting APC should seek urgent help

If all nigerians reason the way you do.

Apc would be dead by now.

214 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by OkCornel(m): 7:54am On Aug 12, 2022
Hehehehe

A deceitful selfish man who repackaged a destructive Buhari as a saint and deceived Nigerians in 2014…has now ganged up with a herdsmen sympathizer just because he’s desperate to be President?

That already says a lot about Tinubu. Tinubu can make a deal with the devil just to be President.

Tinubu never gives a damn about Nigerians, always about his selfish interest.

Nigerians are still waiting for the steady light, fuel and jobs promised to them in 2014.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by Throwback: 7:54am On Aug 12, 2022
It is acceptable to me as a Christian who has watched Tinubu lead a state without rancour between Muslims and Christians.

A state where Nigerians that are non-yoruba can grow in the civil service without fear of sack due to tribal or state origins.

If any candidate can boast of such besides Tinubu, let him show us the proof.

We will certainly go and verify.

246 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by 1gbdata: 7:55am On Aug 12, 2022
Proudly Obedient

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by butterfly777(m): 7:55am On Aug 12, 2022
You can say that again. But they have the right to make their choice. So, let our PVC speak for us.

Peter Obi is the man, come 2023.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by Dyke15(m): 7:55am On Aug 12, 2022
An unbiased analysis of this coming election:

Nigerians re really tired of the vultures milking us dry. So let me break down the unbiased mind of many Nigerians out there and not those blinded by tribal or religious sentiment;
1. Many re queinng behind Obi coz they re tired of d vultures and need the country to progress. Na only FOOLS they see Obi as an Igbo project.
2. Atiku stands a beta chance than Tinubu. Make I break am down;
+Many re tired of APC coz of Buhari's factor.
+ Muslim-muslim ticket knocks him off too
+ Health wise he's not physically fit among the contenders
3. D feeling down EAST is either OBI or ATIKU so don't feel surprised if ATIKU is declared d winner ND many EASTERNERS rejoice ova dat coz we also gave him our support 2019.
4. Atiku will get dat 25 percent in d East including SOUTH SOUTH more dan Tinubu but trust me, boys re for OBI here.
5. Forget about WIKE and his shenanigans coz even if he's to decamp to APC, Dem no born am well to campaign for Tinubu over here.
MANY OBIENDTS HAVE SOFT SPOT FOR ATIKU
6. WE RE ALL OBIEDIENT AND NOTHING CAN ABSOLUTELY CHANGE DAT!!
JUST TRY AND BE OBIEDIENT AND USEFUL THROUGHOUT TODAY COZ NAIJA GO SURELY BETA

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by ArmaniUhuru: 7:55am On Aug 12, 2022
Good one from the fearless bishop.

APC’s Muslim/Muslim ticket for the 2023 Presidential election is a direct MIDDLE FINGER to Nigerian Christians.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 12, 2022
Assume the ticket wins & we have a Muslim-Muslim President & Vice.

Now assume a reverse scenerio & we have a Christian-Christian President & Vice.
Do you think this would be acceptable to Muslims especially Northern Muslims?

No matter how we sugar-coat it, that M-M ticket will heighten religious tensions & further divide the country along religious lines.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by creatorsverse(m): 7:55am On Aug 12, 2022
I bet you, just as how buhari can't give a speech without prepared note, that is how tinubu will be... He won't say a word during his campaign and he will do the same during his tenure truly I join people to say God forbid BATSHET... But when you look at how obi and atiku are giving speeches, you will know there is hope left

I'm an Obidient PdP man

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by shortIGBOman: 7:55am On Aug 12, 2022
Kikikikikikikikikikikiki, IGBO People right now. grin grin grin

214 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by JackDaAlienz(m): 7:55am On Aug 12, 2022
Peter Obi is a Nightmare to Corrupt Politicians.

When A thief sees that you want to buy a Big Strong Padlock for your house.

The thief will come and discourage you not to buy it. They will do anything to discourage you to buy the padlock.

The theif wants you to buy the WEAK padlock so that he can be able to continue breking in and stealing your goods.

That is why ALL corrupt politicians are attacking Peter Obi. Because they know that Peter Obi is a STRONG PADLOCK.

Nigeria Needs a STRONG PADLOCK

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by tillaman(m): 7:56am On Aug 12, 2022
Abeg rest
Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by LiveWithIt: 7:56am On Aug 12, 2022
Tinubu will lose cause he chose a Muslim
Tinubu will lose cause he's sick
Tinubu will lose cause he's in APC
Tinubu will loose cause he supported buhari..

I think enemies are supposed to be happy cos he made the wrong choice?
But instead they're flared up cause they know he'll definitely win grin

If he shot himself in the leg by making those wrong choices, it should be an advantage to his opponent, rather they're more pained cause they know it's tinubu for president or no other..

APC for president, tinubu for president 2023 inshallah

207 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by 8BitGee(m): 7:56am On Aug 12, 2022
Tinubu is a very insensitive and extremely Machiavellian person. This is evident in his dealings with political friends and opponents. Some end up mysteriously assassinated, others are openly threatened with same, cue lagoon comment by Akiolu and the attacks on Igbo dominated areas during the last elections.

I'm a Yoruba and a Muslim, only fools will fall for their lies about competence. You don't speak of competence when offering admissions to schools and for civil service appointments, but now you can? Are there no competent Christians in the North? It is plain bigotry. They will burn the country down if there was ever a Christian only ticket. In fact, the North will rather vote for a cow than vote a Christian.

Surely, Nigeria deserves better than to have this kind of a person and an admitted drug lord who forfeited assets to the US Federal Government as her President.

Only an enemy of Nigeria will vote for Tinubu. He is bad news to Nigeria. Nonetheless, his supporters have a right to do so. This is what democracy is all about.

31 Likes

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by Vickym1(f): 7:56am On Aug 12, 2022
grin

A reasonable Nigerian will disassociate themselves from this tinubu Muslim-Muslim ticket because Nigeria of today is not 1992

19 Likes

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by Electrochemistry(m): 7:56am On Aug 12, 2022
After the much awaited presidential election next year, APC and some evil politicians in Nigeria will have understood that no one sows evil seeds and reaps good fruits in the end.

You can't eat it and have it. Your investment in wickedness and injustice will surely mature into a woeful disappointment in due season.

Nigerians are never in a hurry; we shall all continue to wait upon the Lord for the day of your downfall.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by Klington: 7:56am On Aug 12, 2022
Evil combination.

Thank God for giving us a lifeline in Peter Obi.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by MoodysMood: 7:56am On Aug 12, 2022
The people that would vote for APC in the coming elections have been classified into these 4 groups:
Tribalists,
Religious fanatics,
Political actors and,
Illiterates.
Check the list and note where you belong

12 Likes

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by ajekpaks(m): 7:56am On Aug 12, 2022
2 Muslims coming to rescue us from a fellow Muslim...

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting by Numerouno111: 7:57am On Aug 12, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Peter Obi’s Land Among 168 Plots Revoked By FCTA? Fact Check By Apendixx Mag / Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) / Tundun Abiola Blasts Sister, Hafsat, Over Yahaya Bello (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.