Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth (9196 Views)

Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors / Gen. Faruk Yahaya Warns IPOB, ESN: Don’t Threaten Integrity Of Nigeria / Ohanaeze Cautions Buhari Over Call On US, UK To Proscribe IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Ylink4sure: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2022
The apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo has called on the Nigerian youths of Igbo extraction to desist from tribalistic politicking as the country prepares for the 2023 general election.

Ohanaeze warned Igbo youths to participate in politics and support any political candidates of their choice without infringing on the rights of others who do not share their political ideas in the South-East or other regions.

The supreme Igbo group said this in a statement to mark the International Youth Day by the National Publicity Secretary, Chiedozie Alex. Ogbonnia,

It titled the statement ‘Ohanaeze charges Igbo youths to eschew ethnic chauvinism’ stating that it was in reaction to a statement by the Coalition of South East Youth Leaders (COSEYL) which warned Igbo youths not to support or vote for the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu.

The statement reads, “The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide led by Ambassador Professor George Obiozor urges the youths in the South East of Nigeria to eschew ethnic chauvinism as the 2023 general election draws nearer. The Ohanaeze admonition is in reaction to a statement issued by Igbo youths under the auspices of the Coalition of South East Youth Leaders (COSEYL).

“The group as quoted by the Guardian Newspaper of August 10, 2022, “warned groups and individuals promoting the presidential ambition of Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu to stay clear of the zone”. The group described as “unfortunate how certain persons from Igbo land would allow themselves to be used to promote the ambition of a man who is outdated in all ramifications in the scheme of things to be voted as a Nigerian president come 2023.’”

Ohanaeze said that since Nigerian youths from other regions are also supporting Igbo candidates, Igbo youths are free to support their own preferred non-Igbo candidates.

It called on the youths from the South-East region not to subvert the democratic process or invite hostility through their actions.It continues, “Ohanaeze Ndigbo acknowledges the inalienable rights of individuals and groups to express their views on national issues but advises that such rights should not infringe on the rights of other Nigerian citizens. Clarification is made that each of the presidential candidates has every right to campaign and canvass for votes in all parts of the country.

“In other words, since the presidential candidates of the South East or Igbo extraction enjoy untrammelled access and mass followership in other geopolitical zones of the country, it is a political self-immolation and indeed highly unreflective for COSEYL to embark on a misstep that may diminish the Igbo patina for inter-ethnic friendliness.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/iyd-dont-threaten-those-who-support-tinubu-atiku-ohanaeze-cautions-igbo-youths/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by LordIsaac(m): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Vulturereloaded: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2022
That message is for IPOB.

Igbo youths are campaigning for Tinubu and Atiku in the SE. This is a cashout season, but they are fully Obidient.

Though i am supporting Tinubu, but i won't vote for him. A vote for Tinubu is a vote for Shettima. A vote for Shettima is a vote Bokoharam.

Ill vote Peter Obi, but i will keep supporting tinubu till he is finally disgraced at the polls. grin grin grin

40 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by LadyExcellency: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2022
Another misconceptions. Obidients are just aggressive and disgruntled Nigerians from all works of life.

Youthful exuberance is part of their existence.

They are angry at everyone that they assume contributed to the suffering and poverty in Nigeria, and that is for a just course.

46 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by PandoraObi: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2022
Hehehehehe owners of mad dogs barking at everyone should put them in chains

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Penguin2: 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2022
Supported!

It’s democracy.

Let’s allow even those who want to vote a monkey to do so. It’s their choice.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Viscuz: 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Igbo youths are campaigning for Tinubu and Atiku in the SE. This is a cashout season, but they are fully Obidient.

Though i am supporting Tinubu, but i won't vote for him. A vote for Tinubu is a vote for Shettima. A vote for Shettima is a vote Bokoharam.

Ill vote Peter Obi, but i will keep supporting tinubu till he is finally disgraced at the polls. grin grin grin

Udele if you smoke this weed finish you go begin misbehave

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Toneypen247(m): 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2022
Okay
Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2022
Good call. Prepare to vote your choice and be ready to accept the choice of the majority in the true spirit of democracy.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Ylink4sure: 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2022
I disagree with you! This is not youthful exuberance! Would you have believed in your lifetime that our Igbo brothers who are mainly Christians will display the level of violence that has been exhibited in the SE in the last few years? Look through nairaland you'll see numerous videos of brutal killings in the SE that compares to that of Boko Haram! And it's between themselves!

How can a youth organization announce publicly that Tinubu should not campaign in the SE! Do you notice they conveniently excluded Atiku,a Fulani Man! They hate Yorubas more than they hate the Fulanis!

That's why I shake my head at the misinformed Yoruba folks supporting the Obi's cause,the good thing is before the election due to the undisguised hatred for the Yorubas,they will see the light,as more politically damaging words and actions will be taken by these people.They will see that these folks are driven only by tribal and primordial sentiments and not the love for the country.

I believe these people will even get violent! Note this,when they do I'll quote this conversation. They've threatened APC already and Obi is not in charge and control,that's why Ohaneze is alarmed.

Bro,these folks are serious!

LadyExcellency:
Another misconceptions. Obidients are just aggressive and disgruntled Nigerians from all works of life.

They are angry at everyone that they assume contributed to the suffering and poverty in Nigeria, and that is for a just course.

74 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Begood100: 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2022
That is the beauty of demoCRAZY
Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by CrownOfClay724: 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2022
Ylink4sure:
I disagree with you! This is not youthful exuberance! Would you have believed in your lifetime that our Igbo brothers who are mainly Christians will display the level of violence that has been exhibited in the SE in the last few years? Look through nairaland you'll see numerous videos of brutal killings in the SE that compares to that of Boko Haram! And it's between themselves!

How can a youth organization announce publicly that Tinubu should not campaign in the SE! Do you notice they conveniently excluded Atiku,a Fulani Man! They hate Yorubas more than they hate the Fulanis!

That's why I shake my head at the misinformed Yoruba folks supporting the Ob's i cause,the good thing is before the election due to the undisguised hatred for the Yorubas,they will see the light,as more politically damaging words and actions will be taken by these people.They will see that these folks are driven only by tribal and primordial sentiments and not the love for the country.

I believe these people will even get violent! Note this,when they do I'll quote this conversation. They've threatened APC already and Obi is not in charge and control,that's why Ohaneze is alarmed.

Bro,these folks are serious!

Yenyenyen cheesy

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Christistruth00: 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2022
Finally

It is good to know there are still some elders left in the East

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by femisplash: 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2022
LadyExcellency:

Very idiotic attempt at rationalizing violent behaviors. This is not about disgruntled Nigerians from all works of life, this is specifically a coalition of ibo youths issuing threats induced by ethnic chauvinism and tribal jingoism.
If you try absolving those ridiculously senseless youths on the sentiments of suffering and poverty, perhaps the bandits, bokoharam and kidnappers have also a reasonable ground for perpetrating criminality since everyone has got an excuse. Until you start condemning what is wrong irrespective of tribal affiliation, it would someday come around to bite you in the ass.

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by omenka(m): 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2022
Ohanaeze should stop trying to be smart by half.

Aren't they aware that those doing this, for which every sane Nigerian seems to be complaining about, are IPOB reprobates who've taken over Obi's campaign? Has ohanaeze ever cautioned ipob directly?

What makes them think if IPOB didn't respect them then, they would now?

So lame of them to say the least.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by LegendHero(m): 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
Rubbish, same Ohaneze that is leading the way for their chronic ethnically bigoted IPOD terrorists minions.

Condemn them by day and give them tactic support in the night.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by WonderManly(m): 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2022
Non of my business jare. In case...

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by OkutaNla: 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2022
E be like say these Ohanaeze sef wan chop insults and abuse from Zombidients.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Qtrpst4: 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2022
I like your style
Abeg whenever tilumbu start to dey share money tell me make me nah collect my own, nah all of us get the money

Vulturereloaded:

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Throwback: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2022
Please this is necessary.

Who would dare to criticise an Obi Presidency with his IPOB mob ready to deal with such a nonconformist just as they do in the SouthEast?

That is why this nonsense called IPOBocrazy must be contained within the SouthEast until rehabilitation is complete.

Naija no be SouthEast.

I must go out on Mondays and I will never surrender my right to free expression.

I do not support Peter Obi. I am not a Zombiedient.

Tinubu is my candidate.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2022
This is not the main(real) ohaneze. This ohaneze is from TINUBU diocese. We all know obi supporters are youths from different ethnic groups all over Nigeria. But this ohaneze of Tinubu diocese want to give the wrong impression that obi is only Igbo project
Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Throwback: 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2022
Penguin2:
Supported!

It’s democracy.

Let’s allow even those who want to vote a monkey to do so. It’s their choice.

This lying monkey?

Only zombies will vote for him.

Go and verify.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Lemmy123(m): 7:22am On Aug 13, 2022
Why are Tinubu and Atiku trembling since Obi started to gain momentum...?
I heard Atiku is now practising how to pee on his babariga just like his fellow old thie.f.... Lol
Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by temitope27(m): 7:22am On Aug 13, 2022
That's their way

1 Like

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by mascot87(m): 7:22am On Aug 13, 2022
No bastard Ipob idiot can threaten me. I will give it back to them and there generation wotowoto.
I am BATified in and out 365 days a year and Tinubu will win the 2023 election in the name of Jesus. I can't be bullied by any bastard Obituary child.
Shey them born them papa well to tell me who and who not to support? I no be Zombie like them na.
God bless Tinubu
God bless Nigeria

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by ribbit: 7:23am On Aug 13, 2022
Let them..

Their threat no pass internet and alaibo.

Only cowards are afraid of the threat from zombidients cum IPOb terrorists.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Dozie32(m): 7:23am On Aug 13, 2022
No one is threatening them, ohaneze ndi igbo, you're nothing but am idiot. Have you ever said anything concerning the reoccurring of abduction in the entire igbo land?
Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 13, 2022
Too late in the day! The deed is done already. The Word is an egg; if it's broken it can't be made whole again. Until a few weeks ago, they called the country they now want to be seen as its greatest Defenders The Zoo. The Hausa-Fulani were Cows. The Yoruba were Unity Beggars and Fulani Asskickers. And till today, they call the Elites and Heroes of the other Nigerians unnatural names and wish them untimely death until the present time. Until these appellations are disclaimed publicly, such admonitions as the Ohanaeze's cannot be counted as heartfelt remorse. I dare say that only the wicked at heart would hate the Igbo going by their position in Nigeria and their contributions to national development.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth by STEWpid(f): 7:25am On Aug 13, 2022
Chai

May God airpus from War within!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York / Drop A Comment For Jonathan For His 2012 Performance. / FG Yet To Sell Two Presidential Jets, 16 Months After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.